Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 18, 2011 7:02 PM

Oct 2010
Man... Touma was even more of a douche in this episode than in the game. I'm thinking it's gonna be a lot worse. :C

Jul 19, 2011 9:16 AM

Jul 2009
I'm sure we'll have a Yukiho being teased by Touma scene. Just wait for it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 19, 2011 8:08 PM

Nov 2010
kinda bummed out that they didnt keep the first person view format. o well its still pretty enjoyable.
Jul 20, 2011 10:08 AM

Apr 2011
Haruka and Miki and Makoto <3
Jul 20, 2011 5:12 PM
Jun 2011
eh...too much focus on iori for my tatse.

This episode was alright, want to see more touma!!!
Jul 20, 2011 7:28 PM

Dec 2007
MorningGlory said:
natural pretty .

Kugimiya a tsundere character again = ="

Kinda getting bored of her voice now =_=.
Jul 22, 2011 5:35 AM

Jun 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
Ousto said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Ousto said:

The first reason people hate Jupiter is because they are guys, and the fans don't want that in idolm@ster.
I see but the girls do so does this mean as of this episode they may be drama with tears from some girls due to Jupiter teasing them and humiliating them in future episodes like it happens to some Idols IRL. Well I read some stuff in mags.
Ousto said:
In the game they are your rival, and are jerks, so they are kind of made to be hated, to motivate you to beat them.
ROFL, I am sure girls love those guys.
It's likely Yukiho will cry, since Jupiter makes her cry in the game.
Oh boy not too crazy about her but I am sure her fans will rage once they see that in the anime. I guess I could make some GIF of her when it happens if it happens.
Ousto said:
A lot of girl fans like Jupiter, but Jupiter hasn't really received much attention. Only 2 songs, no CD releases. I guess since they're not very popular.
Well, since most of the crowd are males as fans then I am not surprised.

Well, I'm a girl, and I LOVE Jupiter. 8D Shouta's my fave, I even cosplay him. >.>"

I don't like all the hate on Jupiter, either, but I guess it's to be expected. ._." I haven't played the game, but have watched vids of it on youtube. I don't have a Japanese Xbox 360. ^^;;

You have been blessed by sparkly bishie Cherry Blossom <3 You're welcome ^^

Jul 23, 2011 6:18 AM

Jul 2010
The young ones are looking for their good traits and sides.

So far Hibiki is my favorite though!

Aug 21, 2011 1:01 AM

Aug 2010
As much as I like listening to Kugimiya Rie's voice, Iori could be just a little bit less tsunderish, she has a good voice range, give her a chance to use it. Still not really into this show, but I'll keep watching it. 4/5. I predict Hibiki and Kisaragi will be my favorites.
Oct 27, 2011 3:20 AM

Feb 2010
Now this is something, so much better than the first episode.
:O
Nov 9, 2011 9:23 AM
Jan 2010
idolshitster
Nov 9, 2011 12:41 PM

Aug 2008
2deep4u
Jan 6, 2012 10:56 AM

Apr 2011
Exactly.

Soo... it was nice episode, cute and sparkle too.
especially Makoto's photo session was epic, lol @ assistant reaction.

Generally, it was not bad.
Jul 20, 2012 6:53 AM

May 2012
nice group photo there!!
[/URL]
Aug 7, 2012 5:25 AM

Jul 2012
Going well so far. I like Yayoi and Haruka the most so far =D
Oct 9, 2012 6:12 PM

Oct 2012
Hmm, I like Takane so far because I've seen videos of her in the games. I also recognised Iori to have Rie Kugimiya's voice actress, who happens to be one of my favourites.
This episode was cute and funny so I'll keep on watching it.
Feb 27, 2013 2:18 AM

Jun 2011
Rinji- said:
I just don't like Iori/Rie

Same. I liked her tsundere roles, but not this one. Why, I wonder?
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 17, 2013 9:51 AM

Jan 2013
wailofthebanshee said:
idolshitster
You mad bro?

Anyway, Moe overload. Heh
CabronMay 17, 2013 11:06 AM
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Jun 2, 2013 2:47 PM

Jun 2009
I honestly don't mind Kugimiya's character that much. I think that Yayoi is much more annoying with that weird "uh-un" sound she makes. Otherwise, this show is pretty decent so far.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 2, 2013 5:19 PM

Jan 2013
insan3soldiern said:
I honestly don't mind Kugimiya's character that much. I think that Yayoi is much more annoying with that weird "uh-un" sound she makes. Otherwise, this show is pretty decent so far.
Thanks a lot man, now that sound is going to be stuck in my head for a while.
Not a good thing...
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Jun 29, 2013 6:57 PM

Jan 2013
Alright episode. A lot of moe, maybe too much.

The opening and ending are both pretty good though
Jan 8, 2014 11:14 PM

Jul 2013
Episode was decent but slightly better then the first one because of it's messy pace.

Pretty good photo shoot episode, those 4 looked terrible with make up XD. There better without them. Nice poses btw :D.

Mar 11, 2014 1:29 PM

May 2012
A nice second episode and well there is already some nice character development! The ending sure was lovely as well!
Mar 27, 2014 7:59 AM

Aug 2013
Makoto the ladykiller :p I had a good laugh over the assistant's reaction haha.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Apr 4, 2014 10:31 PM

Oct 2012
Takane & Makoto are my favs..
Azusa... She remind me a bit of a certain sadist lady... I wonder who was it?

Moral of the episode : Make up = disaster xD
"Just be yourself??"
"Signature removed"
Apr 12, 2014 7:24 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
LOL at Ami, Mami, Iori, and Yayoi for trying to bring put that mature woman appeal after watching that magazine.

Takane, Miura had some very good pictures but Kisaragi's serious personality didn't let her smile. Still Kisaragi's photoshoot pictures were also good.

Still trying to remember all these girls names.

Jul 4, 2014 8:44 AM
Mar 2013
Cabron said:
insan3soldiern said:
Thanks a lot man, now that sound is going to be stuck in my head for a while.
Not a good thing...
That seriously is one of the most annoying sounds (catchphrase?) in the anime. What were they thinking when they made her do that?

Oh no Iori, as soon as you said "we have to stand out" I knew what was going to happen.

You see? You see what happens when you listen to Iori? xD

xchee said:
Makoto the ladykiller :p I had a good laugh over the assistant's reaction haha.
That was my favorite part of the episode! Her reaction was so funny ^_^
Aug 9, 2014 8:26 PM

Jun 2012
That was fantastic

Aug 11, 2014 5:59 PM

Nov 2012
Amazing OP is amazing.
Nov 5, 2014 10:11 PM

Jul 2013
little girls with make up is scary lol
Nov 23, 2014 7:05 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Episode that I liked much, much more than in the first, or because it was just the beginning, or because it is much more pleasant "perhaps" the narrative.
The plot moves well from the first episode, and even in this second episode, is not lost in talk but it goes right to the end, I like it!
The drawings I found them this time really good and beautiful the same goes for animations.
Intense colors and very nice soundtrack.
The characters are already all so nice and easy to be distinguished from each other, can not wait to see the next episode!
Nov 3, 2016 11:32 PM

Sep 2013
Oh Good Lord....I like Moe and "cute girls doing cute things" shows...but this is kinda painful. I mean, I get it...the girls are all supposed to be cute and dumb, but sheesh! There has to be more to the show than JUST cute dumbness.

These girls must have a median IQ of about 45. I get the whole cutesy aspect of it, but this show kind of goes overboard with it. The girls all have the emotional development of an over-protected 5 year old. There need to be a few girls who are not painfully dense/stupid/naive to balance out the cast. This is just too much.

I'll give it the traditional 3 episodes (and will resist rating it down) before dumping it, but I hope it manages to level off a bit in the next episode.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Apr 8, 2017 4:27 PM

Dec 2014
It kinda blows my mind how much more I enjoyed this episode compared to the first one. The interview style was gone which is great and the characters were able to get fleshed out better than just bland character introductions.
Jun 8, 2017 9:55 AM

Sep 2015
Never thought I'd be watching an idol show but here I am. And I'm actually really liking this one too. I thought the first episode was kind of brilliant in its framing device which effortlessly introduced its enormous cast. This was good to keep the ball rolling of building familiarity with the characters. And establishing a plot in the Studios struggle to be successful. It also kind of kick started what seems to be dominating the beginning of the series. Little moments and bits of character development with the whole cast. But one character per episode getting a much sharper focus than the others.

This time it was Iori, and I actually really like her. It's too early to say but she's kind of my favorite even. I don't know why I like the tsundere bundles of neuroses. But this episode put that too the test with a lot of cringiness. Not in an unwitting way. I think it was extremely deliberate. But holy fuck when they came out in their attempt at a more adult sexy look, I was watching through my fingers. In the end though everyone gets their head shot. All conflicts are neatly resolved. And the girls are ready to keep trying for stardom. Ready for some SOL pop idol antics next (I guess).
Sep 30, 2017 7:39 PM

Jan 2014
My first show dealing with idols. I kind of like it. Everyone has such a distinct personality.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Nov 25, 2017 11:49 PM
Jul 2018
Love Live also has girls with small bodies and goofy personalities, but they were far more mature, secure, and felt more natural for their ages.
The cast in Idolmaster are far more prepubescent in behavior + adult male lead = I feel like a pedophile.

@Zelev

Especially with the characters' age gaps.
The younger idols act like legit kids, while the older ones act like real adults.
A really contrasting but interesting dynamic.

@SubscriberSun

I think Inori is far less annoying than a typical tsundere, because of the mere fact that she's just an actual child, which makes her tsundere personality feel more natural.
I think a majority of people when they were kids, thought they were the "hot stuff", and tried too hard to be cool.
removed-userNov 25, 2017 11:53 PM
Nov 26, 2017 9:19 AM

Jan 2014
TheHopefulOtaku said:
Love Live also has girls with small bodies and goofy personalities, but they were far more mature, secure, and felt more natural for their ages.
The cast in Idolmaster are far more prepubescent in behavior + adult male lead = I feel like a pedophile.

@Zelev

Especially with the characters' age gaps.
The younger idols act like legit kids, while the older ones act like real adults.
A really contrasting but interesting dynamic.

@SubscriberSun

I think Inori is far less annoying than a typical tsundere, because of the mere fact that she's just an actual child, which makes her tsundere personality feel more natural.
I think a majority of people when they were kids, thought they were the "hot stuff", and tried too hard to be cool.

Well this was over a month ago lol. I've seen the first season of Love Live Sunshine and it's way better. I admit though, it seems like each idol anime mainly focuses on something different.

Original Idolmaster - inner workings of an actual production company (only seen 3 eps tho).
Love Live Sunshine - Drama.
Idolmaster Side M - Training.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Feb 2, 2018 12:39 PM

Jun 2016
Iori has grown on me a lot. I felt like she was a vapid cliche I've seen a million times, but this episode really showed me that she's one of the few who are more than that. Sure, she may not be incredibly deep when we get down to it, but she acts exactly like a cute little insecure girl who has to prove herself as better than others to feel valuable would. And she does this by hiding her jealously with her attitude, and often we see, as expected from a little girl, this fake attitude break and it's great. Forehead-chan's pretty entertaining.
Apr 23, 2019 5:06 PM

Jun 2014
This is one of the most boring things I've ever seen. I stopped watching it a little over halfway through the episode.

I'm dropping this now. I really wanted to like it, but there's absolutely nothing to like about it. I was simply waiting for the episode to end, but it seemed to take forever, and it still wasn't over.

iDOLM@STER sucks. I'll never look at those 11 figures in my cabinet the same way again. :(

Aug 18, 2019 5:38 PM

Nov 2013
Fuck Haruka. I wish she fell on the spike and fucking died already.
Jun 17, 2020 11:35 AM

May 2018
not bad. Lol there's no ways that the girls could get auditions wearing clothes like that xD
Aug 28, 2021 3:09 AM

Aug 2018
Topic of individuality is nice.. Though, I feel that more was shown than told.. Maybe it's the way anime is taking.. I mean, like not many things get narrated, what actually is the special side of one girl or another.. But we see it instead..
Apr 27, 2023 11:04 PM
Apr 2023
最高アニメ
Apr 22, 9:33 PM

Dec 2022
ole girl called her forehead-chan lol
the little wholesome moments in this show is what does it for me
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ousto - Jul 21, 2011

83 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 23, 6:55 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Hoppy - Jul 7, 2011

192 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 19, 9:22 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Ousto - Nov 17, 2011

204 by Mat2468xk »»
Mar 10, 1:39 AM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Niyawa - Nov 10, 2011

65 by Mat2468xk »»
Mar 8, 10:51 AM

» Do you have the original (this one) in order to watch million live and cinderella girls

FruityLime - Dec 9, 2023

1 by Mardhav_2007 »»
Dec 9, 2023 3:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.