Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 1, 2011 9:38 AM

Jan 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Roscoe, u mad? U mad.
And Grevil's a bro, after all.
Suddenly, bombs. Bombs everywhar.
Placing Brian's backstory here somehow feels like a terrible idea. Oh well.

Anyway, some things overall I really disliked;
-Kujo's new haircut.
-Brian dying. The one fighting alongside Cordelia probably died too.
-Cordelia being dead.
-Cordelia dying the second to last episode.
-Cordelia not magically reviving.
-Cordelia actually being dead.
-Kujo actually surviving.

On another note, things that I did like about this series as a whole;
-Cordelia.
-Cordelia's seiyuu.
-Ep23 even though Cordelia died.
-Grevil finally letting his hair down again and forgetting that he doesn't have a drill anymore.
...Seems like there was more that I didn't like than the things I liked, I guess. ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

┐( ̄ー ̄)┌ >mfw half the episode passed and I thought it was over.
OosranJul 1, 2011 9:49 AM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 1, 2011 9:49 AM

Nov 2007
Victorique found something precious, so she begs for not killing her. But Magician is more angry at her. He wants her to love him instead of Kujou? He's been painful the most of ep...

Magician is half wolf blood, too?

But Kujou and Victorique think for each other and don't want to be dead.

Kujou yelling?

Special ED of showing people in France. So the police really saved Victorique, not tricking his girlfriend. He put his hair down!! lol @ Avril.

The girl was saved by the queen who was killed?

The person from the Cordelia's village is reading a book about Victorique. (not sure if that's significant)

A new person is coming to the academy.

1929... Both Victorique and Kujou, looks grown up, meeting in Japan!
tsubasaloverJul 1, 2011 9:55 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 1, 2011 10:06 AM

Jul 2010
i dont know that was a true or illusion in its world

but it was so beautiful ending
5/5
Jul 1, 2011 10:33 AM

Oct 2010
tsubasalover said:
Magician is half wolf blood, too?
I though both magicians are wolf blood 100% due to the village they come from.
tsubasalover said:
The person from the Cordelia's village is reading a book about Victorique. (not sure if that's significant)
Sure it is, it means Victorique's legacy shall be passed down. Her great achievements and such of solving mysteries. Just hoping it will have a human of the name Kujo.
tsubasalover said:
1929... Both Victorique and Kujou, looks grown up, meeting in Japan!
YES! YES! YES! I was so right! Ahahahaah! You don't get it?

Remember the prediction of the hearts not being separated between Kujo and Victorique? I took also as no matter what happens should Kujo and Victorique have a kid, that kid shall have both of their hearts and so as long as one of them stays with the kid the other one shall be present in regards to heart piece. In other words the kid shall always have something of either Kujo or Victorique no matter who stays with him whether it's Victorique or Kujo.

Series is 10/10
A master piece itself of incredible mystery caliber and full of good things. Victorique essentially will stay as the #1 loli that is the smartest ever! :D
I shall perhaps add more later.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 1, 2011 10:54 AM

Nov 2008
Kujo survived the war and him and victorica reunite, so touching. Love Victorica in white hair, she's more beautiful that way especially in her white dress.

This series is a masterpiece not because of the mysteries, they were below average, but because of the characters, setting, atmosphere and development of the characters.

10/10

Jul 1, 2011 10:56 AM
Oct 2007
Great show, how did Victorique turn her hair silver?
Jul 1, 2011 11:03 AM
May 2011
That ending was beautiful.
ban1o.jpg
Jul 1, 2011 11:07 AM

Sep 2009
They probably just skip most of vol. 8 part 1 and vol. 8 part 2 to to make a proper ending. But I'm happy it уnded like this. Bittersweet end are the best.

Ranked it 8-9/10 but for second half I just can't give it less than 10/10 even if it's subjective.
Nachtwandler_21Jul 1, 2011 11:39 AM
Jul 1, 2011 11:11 AM

Jun 2011
The ending is so beautiful!!))
but i like blonde hair morreeee
Jul 1, 2011 11:14 AM

Dec 2010
4/5 overall or 8/10, not a masterpiece because they rush the last episodes but the best anime of this season.
Btw how the novel ending? Same way or completely different?
Jul 1, 2011 11:17 AM
Mar 2008
lol, she looks old with silver hair <.<
First half was atrocious, but in the second it got much, much better.
7/10.
Jul 1, 2011 11:17 AM

Jul 2010
Overall 9/10 The second half of the series was just amazing :D I am very impressed, loved the ending. They wrapped it up beautifully T-T
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Jul 1, 2011 11:29 AM

Aug 2008
I seriously thought Kujou had died. They were shitting me.
Forgiven. He made it back alive. And they all are happy in the end.

So they all died. Marquis, Cordelia, and cool Brian.
Mad Brian is mad. And quite idiotic of him to slip there.
So Grevil acts like a bro for one time. They still chase her around though.
So Brians want Cordelia to be their mom. Complicate issue.
Mad Brian still dies. At least he get Victorique escaped.
Miraculous Silver Victorique! Nerver mind how it turned out like that, it looks gorgeous.
Kujou got cut in a half, but still climbing. WTF. (Looks like he was dreaming)

4 years passed. War ended.

Grevil gets his hair down. Looks good.
Roget comes back to his power.
Victorique crawled all the way to his place. And they exchange conversation just like how they were. I like it.
But damn, isn't she too short?
Oh, and he grows his hair back up. Good guy.
And they lived happily ever after.

Cheers!
Jul 1, 2011 11:35 AM

Oct 2010
loved,loved,loved this episode!!! it was really good, i mean, grevil FINALLY letting his hair down, avril seemingly lost on a beach.... and kujo and viqutoice having the 'good ending'.... really good stuff!!! :D
Jul 1, 2011 11:41 AM

Apr 2009
zeroryoko1974 said:

You know, there is a theory that sudden shock can turn the hair white.
Here is a link I found: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/09/29/the_odd_body_shock_hair/ .
So in Victoirque's case there was the death of Cordelia and Brian, plus she knew nothing about Kujo.

Anyway, beautiful ending, although it was a bit rushed. ^^

Jul 1, 2011 11:43 AM

Sep 2009
> Btw how the novel ending? Same way or completely different?

8-th volume part. 2 which is the end of the story would be published only in July but most probably the ending is the same. And what would be in 9-th(last) volume is still unknown.
Jul 1, 2011 11:51 AM

Mar 2011
um so did he live or die?
Jul 1, 2011 11:52 AM

Dec 2010
woooot i loved this series but too bad i have nothing else to look forwards to now :(

Jul 1, 2011 11:53 AM
Feb 2010
That ending was perfect. Just what I was hoping for. :D
Jul 1, 2011 12:05 PM

May 2010
;_;

That is all
Jul 1, 2011 12:07 PM

Aug 2010
WO00T BEST ANIME EVER!! I love the freaking story! 10/10!

i thought he lost his legs at first, cause of that desert part. But hes good. =D
Currently Watching: Durarara!!
Jul 1, 2011 12:08 PM

Oct 2010
That was a great ending, they tied things up nicely and they didn't even had to go on chopping peoples head off.
Every episode brought something to the table, this a series where the smallest details matter. It wasn't about the mystery of the week, but the truth behind the smoke and fables. I really enjoy watching this and happy in ended the way it did.
The face of the king when he founds out the Cocco was alive was trully priceless.

9/10 - If just the mysteries were a little more elaborated and not predictable, this would have been 10.

darkblade889 said:
um so did he live or die?

He lived, the part where he was on the desert was a dream scene in which he was about to give up. He didn't had legs (loosing with will) to keep going forward until he saw the ring again and remember his reason to keep living.

zeroryoko1974 said:

Well, it could be either shock as samuraigirl mention, or she was smart and knew there where looking for a golden hair fairy. She couldn't change her height or awfully cute face, so why not dye the hair. THat could have been done in the boat using peroxide and ammonia which she could have easily found in the ship. She probably didn't want to cut her hair later on for Kujo, so she keep doing it as it grew so it didn't looked multicolored.

Who was that kid at the end, the one on the library? Wars was over and he hard brown eyes with Golden Hair (you know where I'm getting with this)
choyosJul 1, 2011 12:13 PM
huh?
Jul 1, 2011 12:11 PM

Apr 2011
So sad it had to end, but it ended perfectly.
Victorique's hair looked so beautiful silver, I guess it means she is an angel.
Jul 1, 2011 12:16 PM

Aug 2010
zeroryoko1974 said:

Well, it could be either shock as samuraigirl mention, or she was smart and knew there where looking for a golden hair fairy. She couldn't change her height or awfully cute face, so why not dye the hair. THat could have been done in the boat using peroxide and ammonia which she could have easily found in the ship. She probably didn't want to cut her hair later on for Kujo, so she keep doing it as it grew so it didn't looked multicolored.

that seems reasonable, i mean, i know she didnt just find a bottle of SILVER HAIR DYE Easy and FAST laying around.
Currently Watching: Durarara!!
Jul 1, 2011 12:23 PM
Sep 2009
Last two episodes were really oddly paced compared to the rest of the show, but that was a satisfying conclusion. The ending scene was sweet... and reminded me just how short Victorique is.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
Jul 1, 2011 12:23 PM

Apr 2010
I will truly miss this anime. This anime was the best of 2011 so far, and the best of the winter/spring anime season. I am very sad that is it ending right here, and I love the ending but I can't tell for sure if the ending was real or if someone died or not. I think they all survived but that ending was strange but amazing.
Jul 1, 2011 12:28 PM

Mar 2011
Though I found most of the mysteries mediocre, everything involving character interactions was handled marvelously. The ending was simply beautiful.
Jul 1, 2011 12:32 PM

Aug 2010
Wow, I wasn't expecting such a happy ending. It was pretty sweet and Victorique with silver hair is cute.
Jul 1, 2011 12:37 PM

Sep 2010
so uh, who else uncontrollably teared up? :3

10/10
Jul 1, 2011 12:48 PM

Mar 2009
samuraigirl said:
zeroryoko1974 said:

You know, there is a theory that sudden shock can turn the hair white.
Here is a link I found: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/09/29/the_odd_body_shock_hair/ .
So in Victoirque's case there was the death of Cordelia and Brian, plus she knew nothing about Kujo.

Anyway, beautiful ending, although it was a bit rushed. ^^

Even if it was possible all her hair must have grow again since hair are as dead as tip of your toenail.

Putting that aside: ending was beautiful and I loved Victoriques' new hair color.
10/10 from me even though it had many weak points.
That's because I enjoyed serirs very much and now, right after watching last ep I feel simpy invincible like after Code geass or Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu.
Jul 1, 2011 12:49 PM

Aug 2010
Tawm said:
so uh, who else uncontrollably teared up? :3

10/10

I did a little.
Jul 1, 2011 12:51 PM
Sep 2009
KazukiUchiha said:
I will truly miss this anime.

Exactly, Ill miss it too
Amazing anime with very likeable characters.
Jul 1, 2011 1:07 PM

Apr 2010
Amazing anime :D I loved the end :) This episode made me cry the whole way through... I hope they I'll make a second season~~
-Just Believe-
Jul 1, 2011 1:08 PM

Jul 2010
The size difference between the two at the end of the war :) I couldn't help but laugh!

All in all, Gosick was a pretty good series 8/10.
Jul 1, 2011 1:09 PM

Aug 2008
choyos said:
Who was that kid at the end, the one on the library? Wars was over and he hard brown eyes with Golden Hair (you know where I'm getting with this)

I think it's Ambrose, remember? The boy who escaped from Seyrun with Kujou and Victorique.
Jul 1, 2011 1:15 PM

Dec 2010
Ahhh!!!!! It ended!!! NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

So Victorique and Kujo both are back to Japan.

What an amazing ending!!!!

Still... I wish it was longer.
I read Manga in both English and Chinese.
Jul 1, 2011 1:22 PM

Oct 2010
i found this whole series confusing, the ending helped me leave things as they are, but i cant help but wonder what this feeling of confusion is, as if i missed out an episode, if it wasn't for this feeling i would be giving this series a much higher rating, but i cant give it much of a low one because that ending was so nice :)
Jul 1, 2011 1:23 PM
May 2010
Starnge episode. The pacing of the last 2 episodes were too fast. tons of time have passed, scene then tons of time pass, scene then tons of time pass scene... it dont feels right for me but well I guess its just my taste.

last half of the anime was really good (except that crap ending).
Jul 1, 2011 1:23 PM
Feb 2011
ok...... the series was TOTALLY amazing.... but...... its kinda cool yet depressing that Victoriques hair turned silver....... i LOVE silver hair in anime but i miss her golden hair.... shes not the golden fairy anymore.....
Jul 1, 2011 1:24 PM

Mar 2011
Truly amazing show, great ending, I wonder what was it that Kujo wanted to say that he's never told her before? I might've missed it but I was hoping on the lines of "I LOVE YOU"
Courtesy of Paul
Jul 1, 2011 1:32 PM

Feb 2011
i wanted the king and queen to die tbh....o well it was still a nice ending.
Jul 1, 2011 1:33 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Aesome anime! LOVED ENDING

Only think thats kinda letdown - Gray Hair , Chibi T_T SHE DIDNT MATURE AT ALL!! EXPECT HAIR NOOOO!!!!

But Awesome anime and ending 10/10
Jul 1, 2011 1:35 PM

Oct 2010
KazukiUchiha said:
I will truly miss this anime. This anime was the best of 2011 so far, and the best of the winter/spring anime season. I am very sad that is it ending right here.
Amen to that my friend. There is still a solution, the BDs to re-watch. I may do that sometime in the future. That's how a show is worth it. The will to pay out some of your time to watch something again in a more beautiful quality once again.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 1, 2011 1:44 PM

Jan 2010
Loved it ~ Victorique and Kujou really look good together etc~ Gonna miss this show D:
Jul 1, 2011 1:56 PM

Feb 2008
SO WAIT A SECOND, who's house did she stay at in japan? was that kujo's sister who was with victorique to pick him up? I think it was but i would like a confirmation since I didn't see his mom or did I miss something
Jul 1, 2011 1:57 PM

Feb 2010
Eh it better ending then other recent anime but still disappointing. I'm amaze how Kujo live through the war.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 1, 2011 2:08 PM

Sep 2008
I actually teared up with the Japan scene!
It was just such a beautiful moment that they both deserved since they worked so hard.

Kujo, I like you now because of your hair.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 1, 2011 2:16 PM

Jun 2011
This anime was just awesome.
I think I'll miss watching this.

Still, good thing the fortune teller was not all that right after all.
Would've been sad if Kujo had actually died.
The joke's on you wolf, the pigs are cannibals..~
Jul 1, 2011 2:22 PM

Jan 2010
well i must say it felt sorta rushed and bunched up then forced down our throats but still was a good ending. ill give this a 10 out of 10 just because theres very few animes out there executed as well as this was. Only thing I wish for is to see maybe like a fast forward of their future...see if they get married...then again prob obvious they will XD
Jul 1, 2011 2:27 PM

Oct 2009
Despite the rushed ending, it was beautiful and perfectly executed. And I'll miss the golden-haired Victorique... and the slightly-taller Victorique as well.

Kujo, you grew your hair back! :)

Episode = 8/10
Series = 9.5/10

(Also, can anyone agree this is an underrated anime series so far?)

Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gosick Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

timeagent - Jan 14, 2011

201 by redorzo »»
Apr 30, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jun 24, 2011

169 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 3, 7:36 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 17, 2011

114 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 3, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 10, 2011

101 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 1, 10:49 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jun 3, 2011

85 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 1, 10:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.