Forum Settings
Forums

Insufficient Blu-ray Sales of Hidan no Aria To Produce Second Season

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jul 2, 2011 3:58 AM

Sep 2008
To be honest I rather have another season of Denpa than Aria. Aria got boring sometime midway through the show, but Denpa was a bit more interesting... somewhat.

At least neither was Hoshizora, I'm not even sure why I finished that.
Jul 2, 2011 5:06 AM

Jun 2010
both are good.. and I like both

I have an idea~ do a Denpa Onna to Aria the Scarlet Ammo.

hitting one bird with two stones. hahaha
Jul 2, 2011 5:49 AM

Oct 2010
i think denpa should get another season.... simply cause it has great visuals!
hidan no aria was good... but i never was too attracted to it, but still, another season would still be ok for me!! ^^
Jul 2, 2011 6:25 AM

Jun 2009
Id rather want Denpa Onna to get a second season. Both shows are okay, but Hidan no Aria is terrible.

Jul 2, 2011 7:25 AM

Mar 2010
Hidan no Aria....im watching it until the end though,it is enough.The story is just right but something missing.....(i think the missing part is how they construct the episode and way of telling) and The Opening,i don't like it,it sucks and i always skip it when i watch....

Denpa Onna bla bla bla , i like to see the second season because i want to,why not?it has a glossy hair,i like how they animate the girls(i like it) and THE OPENING,one word 'nice'.I would give the Opening 4 out of 5

SugarsyncJul 2, 2011 8:16 AM
Jul 2, 2011 8:19 AM

Aug 2009
I definitely wouldn't mind a second season of Denpa Onna, I thoroughly enjoyed the first season. It had some great comedy at points, and it was just overall very enjoyable.
Jul 2, 2011 9:46 AM

May 2009
The whole plot of HnA was designed to work with a second season but now.. wasted.. i hope this is a news to make more ppl buy the blu rays! Second season of HnA pls!!!
Jul 2, 2011 10:07 AM

May 2007
AidanAK47 said:

I wouldn't say that. The thing that made Hidan no Aria so bad was the story. Considering what I have seen this story is impossible to take seriously. It is that insanely stupid. It broke my sense of belief and that's saying something. Hell I am willing to accept anything as long as it sounds remotely feasible. Unless the novel is a completely different story altogether this writer is terrible.

The Hidan no Aria novel is a bestseller, selling millions of copies while the anime was unable to even get the minimum amount of sales expected, so what I said was no speculation, but a fact based on sales figures and audience reaction.
And just because the anime is a bad adaptation of the original it doesn't mean that the whole franchise is like that. I have seen countless examples of bad animes that were excellent stories in its original format, but because they were badly adapted they turned out terribly and not because the plot was altered so much that it became a different story altogether (Fate Stay Night comes to mind as the perfect example of this.)

jmal said:

thechaosfenix said:
I don't understand what's this hatred all about!

People around here are incapable of keeping their mouths shut and going on with their lives when they don't like something.

If they could explain why they hate it so much then it would be a different case altogether, but nobody has explained clearly why the series is so hated. It's like they are unable to provide a proper reason for their unreasonable behavior.

jmal said:
They are driven to scream their negative opinions far and wide like children with no self control. As I said, I don't care about Hidan either way but the self-important triumphalism of the haters in this thread - who must absolutely register their pleasure at this news even though they're irrelevant - is really pathetic. Kinda par for the course on the internet though.

This is a characteristic I've personally seen the most in the Western anime/manga fandom though. It really repulses me the how low the whole community has fallen in the last years. And I'm sorry to say this, but I find this whole attitude to be not pathetic as you say, but repugnant. When you see people register and post that they are glad to see the misfortune of others, you can see the kind of people you're dealing with.
Jul 2, 2011 10:33 AM
May 2011
at the very least even hidan was entertaining, and really thats all the matters, plus i enjoyed the romance of the show aswell and it had some funny jokes i dont see why people think its godawful cause its not realy that bad

a second season would be nice, though ide prefer sequals to many other things but all the things i want sequals to come form the BONES department, COME ON darker tha black S3 and star driver S2 i beg you.
Jul 2, 2011 10:52 AM

Dec 2010
Ah, it was to be expected.

The series wasn't that great, but compared to many other [crappy] shows that got a second season, I think it deserves one.

Maybe this public announcement will boost up sales.

Jul 2, 2011 11:02 AM

Jan 2011
jmal said:
Heiru said:
I WANT LESS SPARKLING!!!!

That is crazy talk.

lol maybe it is xDD
even though, I don't mind the sparkles, just not random sparkles...
if, there is such a thing as random sparkling... mmmm

anyways, I prefer Denpa more then HnA, since, I'm sensing HnA will be like SnS the first season was actiony and stuff, but the second season got more into Shana and that kid who's name I forgot's relationship, or so I heard... :/

all in all.
Let them be, let them do what they want.
HakoshiJul 2, 2011 11:15 AM
Jul 2, 2011 11:40 AM

Aug 2009
draker said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Well that sucks. Blame it on the economy, the crisis is still looming.

No, blame JC Staff, because they suck, period.

This.
-Fixing-
Jul 2, 2011 2:19 PM
Dec 2007
DesolateOne said:
Ah, it was to be expected.

The series wasn't that great, but compared to many other [crappy] shows that got a second season, I think it deserves one.

Maybe this public announcement will boost up sales.
IMO, this announcement may even just be a trap to lure otakus into buying more copies. Even the LN author was encouraging sales so it gets a second season. So really, I laugh a little cause this is just advertisement disguised as "bad news". They're just preying on fan's hopes of sequels.

Jul 2, 2011 2:30 PM

Dec 2010
Shaft was going to do another anyways, but why not?
Jul 2, 2011 2:39 PM
Feb 2011
A bit ironic since I remember before the spring season started I heard that Hidan no Aria was the most looked forward to anime of the season.
Jul 2, 2011 4:38 PM

Oct 2010
dropped hidan after episode 1
Jul 3, 2011 10:52 AM

Nov 2007
jmal said:
Amaya-no-Hime said:
Not to mention, 13 one-episode Blu-Rays at 4,200 yen is ridiculous even for Japan.
But it's not. Nobody ever said it was, why do people keep reading it as such? It's seven volumes with a 1/2/2/2/2/2/2 episode spread with the first volume being cheaper than the rest. Utterly, utterly standard release for a one cour anime in Japan.
I didn't read it as such over here, I read it clearly stated somewhere else. Must've been misinformation though.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Jul 3, 2011 12:42 PM

Jun 2009
I liked Aria was good it should have a second season call Me names I liked aria
Jul 3, 2011 12:44 PM

Jun 2009
The first arc was ok I think more sales will be made of the second and third arc
Jul 3, 2011 8:51 PM

May 2007
losslesswings said:
A bit ironic since I remember before the spring season started I heard that Hidan no Aria was the most looked forward to anime of the season.

That's because the novels are really popular in Japan (and the story is so good that it's one of the very few novels that have been fan-translated into English) but the anime adapted the story pretty poorly so it's no wonder the sales are so low.
Jul 3, 2011 9:14 PM

Aug 2009
Akamatsu Chugaku... lolol... This guy has been basically 'whining' for fans to by more BD since the start of its series. His begging looks very lame, knowing how much he repeated this kind of words before.
Jul 4, 2011 12:57 PM
May 2011
Its a shame... they couldve made this anime excellent and they just failed to deliver..
Jul 4, 2011 11:16 PM

Nov 2010
It was okay, not bad.
Jul 5, 2011 6:03 AM

May 2011
Supergrunt8 said:

FIRST RULE OF ANIME WATCHING!!!

never ever stop drop an anime before watching the first 3 eps; thats whats been decided in my local otaku community (even though some animes still fail to get good before the 2nd arc...)
Jul 5, 2011 6:07 AM
Jun 2011
thechaosfenix said:
Supergrunt8 said:

FIRST RULE OF MY LOCAL OTAKU COMMUNITY!!!

fixed.
Jul 5, 2011 11:53 AM
Feb 2009
danilodsz said:
you know, it worries me a lot because JC staff pretend to make Shana III this year and after the bad adaptation of Merry and Aria and the bad opinions about Index II, they seems to not be prepared to make this third season! ><
well...the way is to see how Kamisama no Memochou and Kaitou Tenshi Twin angels will work this season! ><

JC Staff is 1 of my fav studios, but i just cant understand why they butchered shows like merry, index 2 and aria, though i think aria isnt that bad =[

SHAFT is also my fav, will prefer denpa to have 2nd season
Jul 5, 2011 12:50 PM
Dec 2007
Orc90 said:
danilodsz said:
you know, it worries me a lot because JC staff pretend to make Shana III this year and after the bad adaptation of Merry and Aria and the bad opinions about Index II, they seems to not be prepared to make this third season! ><
well...the way is to see how Kamisama no Memochou and Kaitou Tenshi Twin angels will work this season! ><

JC Staff is 1 of my fav studios, but i just cant understand why they butchered shows like merry, index 2 and aria, though i think aria isnt that bad =[
Bad directing, horrible hired animators. They have just dropped the ball hard selecting their staff and cut corners with the budget of their shows. They basically set them up to fail.

Jul 5, 2011 1:40 PM
Jul 2018
I watched gg fansubs version of this show and it was hillarious, so it's kind of a shame that this show won't be getting a second season.

Of course, the actual show was terrible so it's also kinda surprising that for once the sales reflected that.
Jul 5, 2011 11:36 PM
Jul 2011
Actually, plot speaking, this should get a second season, because HnA, basically, is a prologue until mid LN v5, and the anime has just reached up to 3.
Also, with Kana's introduction in v4, a lot of things make more sense.

Another thing, if you people know a show is gonna be cliche, and you dislike cliche, just avoid watching it instead of watching then going hater mode about how awful it was for you and the time it made you waste, seriously.
Jul 6, 2011 2:57 AM

Jul 2009
eskaifuria said:
Another thing, if you people know a show is gonna be cliche, and you dislike cliche, just avoid watching it instead of watching then going hater mode about how awful it was for you and the time it made you waste, seriously.

I actually like going hater mode because this is a shitty anime and all shitty anime deserves a slap in the face.
Jul 6, 2011 3:12 AM

Apr 2010
Blue-Rei said:
Kuromii said:
I'd rather see more Hidan no Aria than more Denpa Onna to be honest. At least Aria is somewhat entertaining.

This !!!
seriously , denpa onna has one of the best character design but that's it !!!!!! just showing off how cute is ario or whatever !! on the other hand aria is more enjoyable & actually has a story !!!!!!!

wish for a sequel for aria :3

There was a story in Aria?
Jul 6, 2011 4:29 AM

Sep 2009
Just put in the gg subs and TA-DA!~ millions sold.
Really, Aria should not even sell. It was a show that literally displayed a tray filled with flaws. And then there is the Aria girl who was so fucking irritating.

As for Denpa having low sales, it's really just sad. I hate seeing SHAFT like that but the show really wasn't pretty at all. So it will get what it sowed *sigh*
Jul 6, 2011 4:40 AM

Dec 2010
Linalee-Stratos said:
Denpa didn't have low sales at all. The announcement is a ruse to get more sales. And BR Denpa is pretty. It didn't have the usual Shaft inserts and paper, but it's got Buriki art.
Jul 6, 2011 5:48 AM
Dec 2007
notsureifsrs said:
Linalee-Stratos said:
Denpa didn't have low sales at all. The announcement is a ruse to get more sales. And BR Denpa is pretty. It didn't have the usual Shaft inserts and paper, but it's got Buriki art.
It certainly was sparkly. And yes, Denpa sold plenty.

Jul 6, 2011 5:53 AM

Jan 2011
Aria was alright, I didn't think it was absolutely awful. So a second season of that would be nice, but I guess that's not happening.

Denpa was actually good. A second season of that would be great.

Plus, 1 episode of Aria on DVD for 4,200 yen (around $51)? I'll pass.
"You watch too much."
"I don't watch enough."

Jul 6, 2011 8:46 AM

Nov 2008
antonn said:
Blue-Rei said:
Kuromii said:
I'd rather see more Hidan no Aria than more Denpa Onna to be honest. At least Aria is somewhat entertaining.

This !!!
seriously , denpa onna has one of the best character design but that's it !!!!!! just showing off how cute is ario or whatever !! on the other hand aria is more enjoyable & actually has a story !!!!!!!

wish for a sequel for aria :3

There was a story in Aria?

In the anime, no, there is a good story in the LN.

Jul 6, 2011 9:36 AM

Jun 2011
Dropped Hidan no Aria on ep. 4. It was getting ridiculous. It's also cliche.
On the other hand, Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko had a great start.
The second half though kinda lost track of Erio and I did not like the ending.
The upcoming OVA should have been part of the TV series.
I don't think that both shows will get another season although I definitely prefer Denpa S2 by Shaft.
J.C. Staff needs to be more innovative and creative. Animation alone cannot save an anime.
Shaft is "trolling" as usual but Denpa is quite "normal" IMO.

_laz_Jul 6, 2011 9:40 AM
The threat is stronger than the execution.
Jul 6, 2011 9:43 AM

Nov 2008
lazlain783 said:
Dropped Hidan no Aria on ep. 4. It was getting ridiculous. It's also cliche.
On the other hand, Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko had a great start.
The second half though kinda lost track of Erio and I did not like the ending.
The upcoming OVA should have been part of the TV series.
Realistically speaking, based on sales, I don't think that both shows will get another season although I definitely prefer Denpa S2 by Shaft.
J.C. Staff needs to be more innovative and creative. Animation alone cannot save an anime.
Shaft is "trolling" as usual but Denpa is quite "normal" IMO.

The Special was not aired due to Yashiro causing tsunamis, it is still way too soon, it could be worse I heard Precure DX3 has disaster scenes removed from BDs so be fortunate you will see ep 13.

Jul 8, 2011 1:12 PM

Jun 2010
Eh, they could always use flash animation for season 2, that would be good enough for Aria because then the production values would match the story telling at least.
"The R1 Anime business is a cruel and shallow financial trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
Jul 9, 2011 9:28 AM

Sep 2009
Leon-Gun said:
notsureifsrs said:
Linalee-Stratos said:
It certainly was sparkly. And yes, Denpa sold plenty.
Pretty as in material/plot wise.
Jul 9, 2011 1:16 PM

Jun 2010
Honestly i think hidan no aria has potential....it is better than other HORRIBLE animei watched. first season i have to say it was disappointing but i really think it has potential to be amazing...i mean come on, LOLI WITH GUN isnt that amusing?
I'll destroy that screwed up illusion of yours!
Jul 9, 2011 1:42 PM

Nov 2007
kaminakun said:
Both shows are crap. Dropped them both after midway point.

This. SHAFT, please. Just make more Bakemonogatari, will ya?

Jul 9, 2011 1:43 PM

Dec 2010
underMebius said:
kaminakun said:
Both shows are crap. Dropped them both after midway point.

This. SHAFT, please. Just make more Bakemonogatari, will ya?

Oh wow. Denpa is pretty much Bake + Arakawa. Shit also gets serious right after the game.

Plus, Shaft is already doing Kizu. Maybe after they can do Nise or Neko.
Jul 9, 2011 4:31 PM
Nov 2009
Buuut, there was so much left unresolved! :( What a shame.
Jul 10, 2011 11:14 PM

Aug 2008
Well I'm not surprised about aria. It's not that it's bad, more that there is nothing that sets it apart. There's no secondary character development and really the whole season seemed a bit rushed with only 13 episodes. And really I'm sort of satisfied with where they left it. So why a second season?

I am glad to hear about Denpa. I've been pleasantly surprised with the show.
Jul 10, 2011 11:21 PM
May 2011
oh no i dont care
Jul 11, 2011 3:38 AM

Jul 2011
Ugh, I hope the do a second season for Aria, I hate it when they leave things like this. It may not have been the best show of the Spring but it was definitely enjoyable. Hopefully this is just them trying to get more sales from fans.
Jul 11, 2011 8:22 AM

Nov 2008
This is a shame but at least we have the light novels and manga.

As for Denpa Onna, I can't even get past the opening song. I've never heard anything so goddamn awful in my life!

.......as theme songs go, anyway.

Jul 11, 2011 8:29 AM

Nov 2008
Chiibi said:

As for Denpa Onna, I can't even get past the opening song. I've never heard anything so goddamn awful in my life!

Skip the song if you don't like it, the OP doesn't make an anime suck

Jul 11, 2011 11:57 AM
Dec 2007
Hoppy said:
Chiibi said:

Skip the song if you don't like it, the OP doesn't make an anime suck
It's horrifyingly addictive after you hear it several times.
Leon-GunJul 11, 2011 1:40 PM

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Oniichan wa Oshimai!' Gets TV Anime

Vindstot - Apr 21, 2022

44 by Lenoksu »»
1 hour ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 6 hours ago

4 by yamiyugi101 »»
2 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
4 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
6 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

28 by infanf »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.