Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »
Jul 14, 2013 9:11 PM

Mar 2012
Konekoneko said:
Me no like the ending! Since they kissed I assumed mashu was gonna be his future wife. So I was expecting them to meet at the end. That would have been awesome ;( whyyyy didn't they do that?!

I expected this to happen, but that ending...so depressing.
Aug 10, 2013 4:59 PM

Jul 2012
I'm not sure why there are so many positive ratings... O_o My final score: 5/10

Wayy too rushed for 11 episodes. Could have omitted some information. The plot was all over the place. Honestly, they tried to put too much complicated unnecessary information into it, when it would have succeeded without it. Characters are all bland in general, even the "villain". What else can I say? Pretentious, unfocused, badly directed/executed. Had an interesting premise and potential to do better. Poorly written "romance" and relationship development. Mindless action on the most part. Deus ex machina and asspulls, even more than SAO.
Aug 12, 2013 5:22 AM

Feb 2012
Why the hell is this rated so low? The Fuck. This show deserves a higher score than what's people are expecting it to be. I mean. It's entertaining as hell. People Nowadays =.= It's just so unbelievable that other crap shows are rated higher than this mediocre-to-good tv series.

mayukachan said:
I'm not sure why there are so many positive ratings... O_o My final score: 5/10

Because it's good and mediocre. It doesn't need to step onto the lines of 6 or 5. Well, you know, it's hard to pull off an original show without any source material or whatsoever leaving them a blank sheet of script and etc but they did well so i guess rather than criticizing it, better appreciate the show for what it has offered.
Aug 12, 2013 9:59 PM

Jun 2013
enjoyed this series to the fullest loved the concept of money, time and space. ending was a bit sad, yet half satisfying half wanting more. I really hope an OVA pops up along the way cause this series needs one! Still kinda like what happened here...

To know what is right and choose to ignore it is the act of a coward.↓↓

Aug 16, 2013 10:54 PM
Jul 2013
This is one of those endings that just leave me mindfucked as I wonder what the heck just happened in the last few episodes. I still don't know what the [C] chain reaction is.
Aug 19, 2013 8:49 AM

Dec 2012
Masakaki's speach at the very end was cool. He's still my favorite character.
Aug 27, 2013 4:45 AM

Jul 2012
;_; I lost it at "I should have smiled"
Sep 8, 2013 12:45 PM

Jul 2012
@XxDuskMaidenxX: Thanks for the gif. It's really pretty.
pizza_012 said:
Why the hell is this rated so low? The Fuck.

Because it's good and mediocre. It doesn't need to step onto the lines of 6 or 5. Well, you know, it's hard to pull off an original show without any source material or whatsoever leaving them a blank sheet of script and etc but they did well so i guess rather than criticizing it, better appreciate the show for what it has offered.

Firstly, 7.53 is not low. The first two ratings on the page are 8/10s which is what you rated it as. However, I'm sure there are plenty of critisizers (and elitists) who are the reason why the average rating isn't above 8. They recognize shit when they see it.

Secondly, mediocre is along the lines of 5, at least according to MAL. Good doesn't equal mediocre. Good = 7/10. I found the writing horrible and the characters boring as hell. The plot made no sense and still doesn't. It was a mess to watch. I did not find it bearable to watch either. Sorry, if you're not like me and just want to watch some action crap. I don't care if it was an original story or not. There are plenty of original anime series that were done better than this.
Sep 27, 2013 6:48 AM

Mar 2008
So I decided to watch this whole series straight. First I give my rating its a 6.5/10, I love the anime but I've seen too many good anime to even rate this one on those tiers which I explain right now.

As I would of guessed, many weren't thrilled with the ending since it leaves many unanswered questions. For that matter, it deserves a OVA to clarify and to have a better closure. Still, the ending was interesting since it reminds me of cross channel ending
It just here Kimimaro left alone in the world to hold the truth of the previous world. There isn't premise from the ending that Kimimaro can't interact with the past individual, but he chooses not to, fearing any implications that can happen, well that's the way I see it.

The battle for episode 11 was a blast to watch, and it did not disappoint with different combinations that Entre's were doing along with their assets. Though like the other episodes its plague with what seems cut-off scenes that make it hard to keep up with the progression of the story luckily is not bad in the eleventh episode.

My ending point of the whole anime, is that it had potential to go for more then the 11 episodes that was produced which would of made this a solid anime. Since throughout the anime, you can see the director of the production trying to condense as much key story plots as possible, leaving little to no character development. Kimimaro obviously gets all the character development along with Mikuni the villian(anti hero) of the story. Yet leaves many of the support character with little development or just clear that "this is their role and that's all". The artwork for the anime is doable and alright on the eyes, wouldn't call it pretty but its very creative with the different backgrounds and effects on the assets abilities thus making the animation solid for me. The Japanese voice-overs are excellent, had no problems here. Loved the choices of the anime OP and especially the ending song,(found the anime from OSU! because of the ending song). Overall, I enjoyed the anime, but it plagues many problems to be rated higher then a 7, original idea but sadly too short to make a major impact on the story-line to be understandable, it's doable but it can do a whole better.
Sep 27, 2013 1:53 PM

Jul 2012
psyopslayerx said:
My ending point of the whole anime, is that it had potential to go for more then the 11 episodes that was produced which would of made this a solid anime. Since throughout the anime, you can see the director of the production trying to condense as much key story plots as possible, leaving little to no character development.

Agreed on that. The entire story idea is not bad, even if it was executed badly. They just need to fix some game mechanics, plot holes, etc. and lengthen it to 25 episodes, not extend, but actually stretch the story as a whole.
Sep 28, 2013 5:12 PM

Mar 2008
mayukachan said:

Agreed on that. The entire story idea is not bad, even if it was executed badly. They just need to fix some game mechanics, plot holes, etc. and lengthen it to 25 episodes, not extend, but actually stretch the story as a whole.

The thing that I question about this anime at first is the length of the anime, since 11 episodes sounds odd, heck the number 11 sounds odd for itself. As you say, if they did lengthen the anime to 25 episodes, along with the plot hole fixes and such, this anime would be pretty good. Sadly, that's not what happened and only left with this short and forgettable anime.
Oct 11, 2013 4:28 AM

Apr 2013
I loved this series it had everything and not to mention economics that I'm very interested in. Apart from that it was an excellent anime...I hoped it would get a second season or at least more than just 11 episodes. Great anime 10/10 for me.
A Story will always come to it's end. The thing is, will you move on after it's over?
Oct 18, 2013 9:15 PM

Feb 2012
mayukachan said:

Firstly, 7.53 is not low. The first two ratings on the page are 8/10s which is what you rated it as. However, I'm sure there are plenty of critisizers (and elitists) who are the reason why the average rating isn't above 8. They recognize shit when they see it.

Secondly, mediocre is along the lines of 5, at least according to MAL. Good doesn't equal mediocre. Good = 7/10. I found the writing horrible and the characters boring as hell. The plot made no sense and still doesn't. It was a mess to watch. I did not find it bearable to watch either. Sorry, if you're not like me and just want to watch some action crap. I don't care if it was an original story or not. There are plenty of original anime series that were done better than this.

I don't have to explain further and bump onto your argument about this series. Actually, the show makes sense. It's your problem however if you weren't able to grasp the ideals and messages the show was trying to convene while you we're watching. Sorry but i have to say that your way of thinking for this kind of anime series is just off and full of ignorance. Secondly, the action wasn't crap in any way. It somehow balances the plot devices therein being shown and the whole environment/atmosphere of the show.

Well, You do have a point in some way. I don't really have to explain my side further but i think this will do enough justice for your biased statement. Well, for my case, you're even insisting to show your inner elitist despite defending yourself that you're not.
Oct 19, 2013 1:07 PM

Jul 2012
pizza_012 said:
Well, You do have a point in some way. I don't really have to explain my side further but i think this will do enough justice for your biased statement. Well, for my case, you're even insisting to show your inner elitist despite defending yourself that you're not.

I'm not really an elitist actually. I rate really high compared to the real elitists that have mostly 5 and unders. LOL I actually had high hopes for this show because Higashi no Eden was 1# on it's rec list. I expected a fun show with some action, mystery and money but instead I got a boring protagonist who didn't know what to do most of the time along with a plot that just didn't work out. The action was boring and badly executed for me at least. The game didn't make sense to me even if I read through multiple pages in this forum, explaining the game itself. :| See, it could have been better if the execution or directing improved. I remember there was one episode (in the middle, latter half) where MC beat this guy and they cut off the scene right before he won. It was so random and badly placed. The plot did not have any foreshadowing (to the main plot near the end about the game wiping out countries) and it was just a bunch of asspulls stringed together at the end to get rid of the conflict.
Oct 19, 2013 7:10 PM

Feb 2012
mayukachan said:
I'm not really an elitist actually. I rate really high compared to the real elitists that have mostly 5 and unders. LOL I actually had high hopes for this show because Higashi no Eden was 1# on it's rec list. I expected a fun show with some action, mystery and money but instead I got a boring protagonist who didn't know what to do most of the time along with a plot that just didn't work out. The action was boring and badly executed for me at least. The game didn't make sense to me even if I read through multiple pages in this forum, explaining the game itself. :| See, it could have been better if the execution or directing improved. I remember there was one episode (in the middle, latter half) where MC beat this guy and they cut off the scene right before he won. It was so random and badly placed. The plot did not have any foreshadowing (to the main plot near the end about the game wiping out countries) and it was just a bunch of asspulls stringed together at the end to get rid of the conflict.

See? Pointing out that you're not one of those fucking elitists hovering around the net just to spit out every single wrong detail about a certain show was severely shown in this very statement of yours. First of All, You didn't get what i am trying to say. Secondly, You didn't even get what the show was trying to say. Shows like these tends to mostly disembark what it really wants so imply, Meaning, if you didn't get why and how those were pulled out, then you're the one who needs to be enlightened.

Actually, I'm ending my response here. As I was saying on my previous post, I don't have to explain my side further if you, the other party, doesn't get where i am going.

Apart From that, You need to know that most original anime series planned for the noitaminA block implies this kind of theme and atmosphere.
Oct 21, 2013 2:43 PM

Jul 2012
pizza_012 said:
mayukachan said:

See? Pointing out that you're not one of those fucking elitists hovering around the net just to spit out every single wrong detail about a certain show was severely shown in this very statement of yours. First of All, You didn't get what i am trying to say. Secondly, You didn't even get what the show was trying to say. Shows like these tends to mostly disembark what it really wants so imply, Meaning, if you didn't get why and how those were pulled out, then you're the one who needs to be enlightened.

Actually, I'm ending my response here. As I was saying on my previous post, I don't have to explain my side further if you, the other party, doesn't get where i am going.

Apart From that, You need to know that most original anime series planned for the noitaminA block implies this kind of theme and atmosphere.

No, I understood the storyline overall, but there were a fair amount of flaws and plotholes that I didn't understand why they needed to be there. It's a really simple story but they had to push the complicated plotline that had to be resolved with asspulls. :\ You could ask a lot of other people to point out the flaws and they could do better than me.

I've watched a fair amount of noitaminA shows and most were good, which is why I expected this to be as good.
Nov 2, 2013 1:27 AM

Feb 2012
mayukachan said:
No, I understood the storyline overall, but there were a fair amount of flaws and plotholes that I didn't understand why they needed to be there. It's a really simple story but they had to push the complicated plotline that had to be resolved with asspulls. : You could ask a lot of other people to point out the flaws and they could do better than me.

I've watched a fair amount of noitaminA shows and most were good, which is why I expected this to be as good.

This is fucking going nowhere. Now, if you truly understand every single detail, point out every single shit about this series then? AND APART FROM THAT, Convince me and show some evidences that will truly balance your terms such as "ASSPULLS", "SHIT", "CRAP" and other terms that doesn't completely define and explain the whole thing leaving the recipient being clueless.

I Know there were a lot of Plotholes therein as well as asspulls but could you clearly explain to me as to why and how is that? [Putting into the notion that Higashi No Eden doesn't exist while it was airing so that it will not be biased in any way] I really hate comparing so I really want you to explain it without being biased. No Comparing Please.

If you can't it explain it then, You do not get my points during my previous posts. All you do was comparing this to Higashi No Eden making no justifications at all.
Nov 2, 2013 3:31 PM

Jul 2012
pizza_012 said:
If you can't it explain it then, You do not get my points during my previous posts. All you do was comparing this to Higashi No Eden making no justifications at all.

I would love to argue with you more, but I've actually forgotten most of what happened in this show because it left me with a bad taste and the plot did not reel me in. :| These few posts can sum up what I felt:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=302448&show=260#msg12663841
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=302448&show=140#msg10925359

I wouldn't say I compared it fully with HnE. It set my expectations but I definitely wasn't linking the quality or style to it. I found it more similar to Railgun in terms of quality and Summer Wars in terms of story. For this show, I came in with the expectations of a battle shounen mixed in with a darker realistic conflict that has to do with the world.
Nov 2, 2013 5:12 PM

Feb 2012
mayukachan said:
I would love to argue with you more, but I've actually forgotten most of what happened in this show because it left me with a bad taste and the plot did not reel me in. :| These few posts can sum up what I felt:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=302448&show=260#msg12663841
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=302448&show=140#msg10925359

Then this whole argument we had will not make any sense since I wasn't able to comprehend what you were trying to say. and apart from that, All the way 'till the end, Neither one of us won their sides since I was trying to miss some points and you, on the other hand, was trying to get away from the argument. Well, I've had enough with this. In the end, I wasn't amazed and convinced by the way you defend your side. It was completely missing some important detail.

Too bad, I've had tougher battles than yours, You need to go deeper into the depths of the sea to have a great argument.

mayukachan said:

I wouldn't say I compared it fully with HnE. It set my expectations but I definitely wasn't linking the quality or style to it. I found it more similar to Railgun in terms of quality and Summer Wars in terms of story. For this show, I came in with the expectations of a battle shounen mixed in with a darker realistic conflict that has to do with the world.

Here we go again with the comparing. lol. As i was saying awhile back. I am expecting for you to explain why and how is that rating of yours in this show without any sightings of references from any other similar Anime yet I was very disappointed that you compared this not even once but twice seeing "Railgun" and "Summer Wars" on your statement.

I am willing to continue this argument on your profile but it seems that you're not accepting random friend requests that will enable me from posting or sending messages to you? It will be a good ride though lol

I wonder why you aren't accepting any? Maybe there was a user who had his or her way of thinking that insulted your beliefs resulting you to disable your profile comments restricted to all people except friends in the real life? Eh?
Nov 2, 2013 5:17 PM

Jul 2012
pizza_012 said:
Too bad, I've had tougher battles than yours, You need to go deeper into the depths of the sea to have a great argument.

Kay, let's not further this discussion for the sake of not wasting time. ^^; I would have to rewatch this series in order to pull up some evidence because I obviously forgot half of the plot already.

pizza_012 said:
I wonder why you aren't accepting any? Maybe there was a user who had their way of thinking insulted your beliefs resulting you to disable your profile comments eh restricted to all people except friends in the real life? Eh?

Yeah I enabled profile comments before and some guy (that I did not know) started bashing me randomly plus another person kept on trying to talk to me and it used up a lot of my free time 'cause I have a habit of always replying to messages. :X
Nov 2, 2013 5:27 PM

Feb 2012
mayukachan said:

Kay, let's not further this discussion for the sake of not wasting time. ^^; I would have to rewatch this series in order to pull up some evidence because I obviously forgot half of the plot already.

Yeah I enabled profile comments before and some guy (that I did not know) started bashing me randomly plus another person kept on trying to talk to me and it used up a lot of my free time 'cause I have a habit of always replying to messages. :X

It was still a good ride though. I've had my guts back to negate someone's reaction or statement regarding a certain show so thanks anyway, I haven't been doing this for awhile now.

Oh And about that Guy, Of course it's MAL, You can't avoid such users that will truly oppose and even curse you if they don't like what you just had said on a certain thread. Just get used to it. MAL is just a site for tracking anime so you need not to be personal against bashers.

Well, honestly if you enabled your profile comment section, I will likely end up like that guy who talked too much i guess.
Nov 2, 2013 5:32 PM

Jul 2012
Haha, yeah. I know that it's better for me to just ignore idiots that bash for no reason but I'm a stubborn person. If someone says something untrue about me, I'd probably fight back. Plus, my whole "must reply" syndrome. XD
Nov 10, 2013 7:40 AM

Mar 2013
I dont get it... if Msyu was his future and he got the future back to being a better one. Then why isnt he able to be part of that future with Mysu in it. They were pretty much saying in episode 9/10 that she will be in his future, only to have no sign of either of them having much of a future.
Jan 1, 2014 11:26 AM
Apr 2013
Bluballz. Actually you didn't watch closely last ep ending scene. When Masakaki pops up he says Yoga's thoughts. That Maybe she (Msyu) lives her future savely. Also he is not part of that future he doesnt exist in it he sold his future for it.

please listen to what i think about connection between Kimimaro, his father, his assetto and Msyu<3 . I know it's not true, but i think it would be possible if not a few major obstacles
Jan 13, 2014 8:42 AM

Dec 2013
It was a really nice show, I loved it, especially when Kimimaro x Mashu kissed themselves, f*ck the censor still it was so adorable
Jan 19, 2014 9:11 PM
Jan 2014
rpn101 said:
Think about it this way guys... Think of the Occupy movements and how the 1% screws everyone else over and there is nothing you can do about it because you are of "lower" class. It just shows the never ending recessions and highs of the economy. Even if you think everything is all fine and dandy (I.E. The Roaring Twenties: Everyone rich) there's always a loop that bites you back in the butt ( I.E. The Great Depression). It just shows the never ending loop of the economy and how we can never be safe as long as there isn't an unlimited supply of resources which is undoubtedly impossible.

The show reflected this with the ending because even though he tried to change everything, he can't change the system. Specifically the organizations who rule and can bend everyones' standard of living with the push of a button.

Anyway great anime loved the ideas 10/10

That's a nice analysis. I completely agree with your comparison to the fact that the Financial District was never destroyed in spite Kimimaro's efforts, and how that compares to the financial systems of the real world.

In the end, the future disappearing could, and probably will, happen all over again.
Jan 20, 2014 7:37 AM
Jan 2014
Bluballz said:
I dont get it... if Msyu was his future and he got the future back to being a better one. Then why isnt he able to be part of that future with Mysu in it. They were pretty much saying in episode 9/10 that she will be in his future, only to have no sign of either of them having much of a future.

That's because the protagonist's future is left in the open. And, the fact that things in Japan are really cheap and they use the US dollar does show that whatever future you see at the end is only a "fantasy". People are still going to go back to the Financial District and alter the future as a result of their greed. And, the world that WE live in is a result of that.

So, whatever future they show is meaningless, because it's only short-lived. What would be the point of explaining who Mashyu is when someone in the Financial District is might change that?

The producers probably wanted to leave his future enigmatic in hopes that the audience will demand a second season. That's why Masakaki told Kimimaro that the Financial District is eternal and left an open invitation for him to return. There's a good chance that he'll have to return to fight other stupid entrés who only think about getting rich without considering the ramifications that their actions have on the rest of the world.
liars_parardoxJan 20, 2014 7:59 AM
Jan 20, 2014 8:14 AM
Jan 2014
Kudlajt said:
Bluballz. Actually you didn't watch closely last ep ending scene. When Masakaki pops up he says Yoga's thoughts. That Maybe she (Msyu) lives her future savely. Also he is not part of that future he doesn't exist in it he sold his future for it.

Mashyu IS his future and if he sold his future then she would be gone too. So, what you said doesn't really make sense.

I sort of agree with your theory, but Jennifer did mention to Kimimaro how he managed to survive and it's possible that his dad somehow saved his future while sacrificing his present like Jennifer did near the end.

And, Kimimaro can't be non-existent, because Masakaki extended the invitation for him to return to the F.D. and all entrés are real people.

Also, for senior Yoga's asset also represents his future and not his present. So, he can't have an asset who looks just like a pre-existing daughter. She would have to be something that has yet to be.

But, since Kimimaro bought everyone's future back, that means that his dad's future is back as well. So, in this fantasy world, his dad is still alive somewhere.

Depending on the extent of the effects of Kimimaro's efforts, nations like Singapore and the Caribbean Republic might have returned as well. But, there's no telling.

I can sort of see why you would say that he doesn't exist anymore, because if he did buy back senior Yoga's future, then maybe that negates his existence. But, they really didn't give us reason to believe that he doesn't exist in this world.

I just really hate this ending, because I have so many questions that are never going to be answered. I really hope that Attack On Titan doesn't end like this.
liars_parardoxJan 20, 2014 8:33 AM
Feb 2, 2014 2:57 PM
Apr 2013
I agree with you on that, with ending instead of answers we got just more things to ask about. But thx to this, you will remember it for greater amount of time and will think about possible actions that could happen. In my opinion it is fun to use your imagination. ; )
Mar 3, 2014 3:47 PM

Apr 2012
great concept but it ended up being very mediocre

5/10

Apr 13, 2014 11:40 AM

Jul 2010
Hmm yeah what to say, very much potential indeed but very confusing as well with not enough explanation and loose ends. I don't mean to say that an open ending equals a bad ending but in this case things should've been explained/showed a bit more...

What happened to Mikuni? How was his sister also his asset and where did all the asset's go? Why did Hanabi go psycho all of a sudden? How did the Financial District survive? Where is Mashu/Yoga's the future with Mashu in it? What is Yoga doing with his life now things are over? It looks like he isn't in touch with Hanabi anymore and he seemed a bit lost so it's not a very happy ending, at least not for him personally.

Anyway it was a nice watch, but underwhelming but yeah... 7/10
Jul 19, 2014 3:29 AM

Feb 2014
Animefanx3 said:
A confused viewer's concerns

I'll try to answer that for you. This is how I interpreted those concerns of yours.

Animefanx3 said:

1. What happened to Mikuni? How was his sister also his asset.

Everything Mikuni did was his way of "avenging" his sister. His future as a workaholic was all based on being a good person for his sister. Therefore his asset (his future) got a lot of similarities from his sister. Her changing appearance at the end was likely naught but Mikuni realizing their similarities (so she didn't actually change appearance, Mikuni just changed perspective and the animators showed that).

Animefanx3 said:
2. and where did all the asset's go?

They're all just representatives for the future of their Entre. So now they just went back to being their future, but no longer in a physical form.

Animefanx3 said:
3. Why did Hanabi go psycho all of a sudden?

Same reason everyone but the Entres went "psycho". They had lost their future, and with that all hope. You just got more focus on Hanabi than the rest.

Animefanx3 said:
4. How did the Financial District survive?

Why wouldn't it? All he did was click the restart button (figuratively speaking).

Animefanx3 said:
5. Where is Mashu/Yoga's the future with Mashu in it? What is Yoga doing with his life now things are over? It looks like he isn't in touch with Hanabi anymore and he seemed a bit lost so it's not a very happy ending, at least not for him personally.

It's a bittersweet and open ending. All this is meant to be left unanswered.
I rarely revisit threads, so if you're after a reply you should PM me or post a comment on my profile.
Aug 14, 2014 6:53 PM

Oct 2012
I just finished watching this, thanks to the post above I now have at least an vague Idea of some aspects I was still extremely confused about.

But there's one thing I still don't get.

What was that whole

scene about?

I honestly have no idea.
Nov 3, 2014 7:39 PM

May 2012
great show....
but the end didn't answer as much as i expected...
8/10
Dec 12, 2014 4:20 PM

Aug 2009
well, that escalated quickly

ROOMA4HELL said:
the ending was good yet lacking at the same time would be nice to have a after it all OVA or special later since there are still somethings left unanswered

^I second that.

good to see Satou again

even if yen died, masakaki still wanders about

if hes around, does that mean yoga can find mashu again? mind blown

ps. would like a doujin for mashu and Q
Dec 21, 2014 6:05 PM

Sep 2014
I'm so disappointed.

I need closure.
Dec 24, 2014 1:32 PM

Nov 2013
Interesting setting but ruined by a typical and boring main character and a predictable plot with plot holes.. Also weird animation cuts. Still not a bad anime, 7/10. One of those "had the potential to be better but didn't live up to it".
Dec 26, 2014 5:47 PM

Jan 2014
Interesting concept, which could have been better executed with more episodes. 11 episodes were clearly way too less to show a good character development. The male lead was quite typical which wasn't necessarily a minus, in my opinion.
It could have been better if it had more episodes to fill the plot holes that were left.
I also wished for a better closure in the end.

I really liked it since its concept was really unique and it never failed to make me eager to watch the next episode

still, by far one of the animes that left quite an impression on me
Jan 18, 2015 1:23 AM

Aug 2013
Soooo...what exactly happened in that ending?

He got Japan's future back, but the events that led up to the present still affected the future? (Everyone has their futures, but the dollar is still in place)

So it's not like he reversed time, he basically just made things they way they should be, by basically layering it on top of what already happened.

Some people thing Yoga is a ghost now? I'm not saying it's impossible, but at the same time, he never actually TRIED to interact with anyone. So we cant say for sure if he's a ghost or if he just kept to himself.

The teacher got his wife and kids back. Does he still have his memories of Yoga and the financial district? Or were the memories of him losing his future wiped when he got them back?

That girl teacher taking the kids for a walk...was it actually Hanabi or not? If it was Hanabi, were her memories of Yoga eliminated? Was her existence altered so that Yoga never existed in her history? We also see that when Yoga calls out to her, he stops halfway through, and Masakaki appears and says something like "how does it feel to call out to a girl that looks exactly like a girl you used to know?" So that means maybe it wasn't Hanabi. Maybe she doesn't exist at all anymore.

What happened to Mikuni? Did he cease to exist? Did he get thrown back into Japan anyway? His sister was his future, so if everyone got their futures back, then was his sister still alive in the hospital then? Was she lost forever because he lost the deal?

It wasn't a bad show, but it left fuck ton of unanswered questions. Most likely since it's almost been 4 years since it aired, without any indication of an OVA or second season, these questions will forever remain unanswered.

Also, I'm INCREDIBLY fucking surprised that they didn't have a time skip and show Yoga in the future with Mashyu as his daughter. Like she was a main character, and they made a big deal out of his scene saying she was his future and he was happy that she'd eventually be his daughter. I'm honestly shocked that we didn't at least get that scene he has in his head where he names his daughter Mashyu fleshed out and in color.
Jonesy974Jan 18, 2015 1:30 AM
Mar 11, 2015 1:53 AM
Sep 2014
Exactly what you said, Jonesy974.

It is a great show, but it left questions unanswered. The future changed obviously, but since Msyu was his future, than i guess she is just waiting to pop out out of Yoga's wife. I also wonder why his father had same looking asset as him. Was his future his grandchild? Or was it something else but everyone forgot about it? I wish they made manga with all questions answered.
Mar 17, 2015 11:40 AM

Nov 2009
it just ended like that!? well, he saw hanabi then what about mushu!? i really wanted to see the future he mention..
Apr 23, 2015 6:58 AM

Jan 2015
Good anime with a very unique story. The ending left many questions but it was still good.
Jul 16, 2015 10:20 AM

Jun 2013
Very interesting tic. It had me confused at times, but the whole aspect of money isn't very simple to begin with.
I believe Yoga wasn't a ghost at the end. He must have just been a person that nobody recognized because the future he was aiming for didn't involve him. He only specified that Mayu could have been his potentual daughter- that he WANTED that; nothing else.
"Masturbation."

---The End.
Aug 2, 2015 1:31 PM

May 2012
Bad ending, 6/10
Dec 18, 2015 6:11 PM

Sep 2013
At first, I found the battles a bit... strange? Simply wasn't expecting these types of shounen battles in an anime about money. I was more expecting more intellectual battles and actual "business" deals which I felt would've been more interesting.
Over time I got used to it though and it worked with the story so I guess I can't say too much.

Whilst I was a bit surprised at the ending, I do think that a "return to norm" is a very fitting ending. Perhaps I would've liked a slight fast-forward to the future to see how everyone ends up and see the "future that Kimimaro fought for", but I guess that may have gone against the theme of the future being uncertain.

Overall, it was an enjoyable watch, but I would not recommend it to others (unless you're really bored).
Jan 1, 2016 7:59 AM

Oct 2014
Just really stupid,

Waste of time if youre looking for an anime that is more than an interesting concept with an actual story that makes sense and sticks to that structure not just throwing new rules and logic in the mix every other episode.

Yoga, Kimimaro is more of a villain mostly only because he is stupid.
By his idea "if the anime stuck to its structure" he would have bought back the future and they would all have disappeared, end of story, so your future is worthless. Atleast if youre alive you have control over a new future.

congrats aliens invented the cure for aids but your dead so it doesn't matter you cant get the cure anyway, you don't exist.

But in the end they throw in some heavenly figure and everything works out.
Cool hey that should've just happened from the start, or if so generous the bank could have just not made things disappear in the first place.
Like in the end oh both decisions where right it doesn't really matter
Yes we get the doesn't really matter which is most of the show.
They shouldnt even have made it really waste of time.

This anime tries very hard but fails very hard.

The concept and flashy look ice animation was just why I watched and hoped it got better, but it got worse.

Ending was a joke you cant fast forward to the future because there is no present to create a future, you siting there cant eat breakfast tomorrow if you die now. But the magical heavenly figure takes care of everything.

Its al just barney and friends logic, lets just throw this into the mix because now its needed, imagine you sit there and all of a sudden now you have 4 arms, just randomly thrown in
I have a self destructive disease inside that eats away at me,
there is no place for it in this world,
this disease is righteousness.
Jan 26, 2016 8:37 AM

Feb 2014
This anime deserves a second season.
Feb 28, 2016 7:04 PM

Jul 2007
StormSky92 said:
+Interesting plot
+Pretty good use of CGI
+Battles were pretty cool
+/-The characters
-The last few episodes just weren't as good (the plot could of be executed better)
-The ending

I really want to give this a 7.5/10. I really don't know which way to good with it. 8 seems too high, but 7 seems too low.

This is how I feel too. I guess I'll go with a 7 since I left with more questions than were answered. Despite having a fun time with this series, I don't see myself watching this again because it really was the air of mystery and the overall concept that I liked. Now that I know the end game I'm not sure it'd be worth the time.
Apr 15, 2016 7:34 AM
Dec 2012
Interesting plot, but it wasn't executed properly for me. (rushed & mysteries throughout the series)
I guess I expected too much nonetheless I really enjoyed this anime despite having lots of things unexplained.
Aug 9, 2016 9:17 PM

Jul 2013
What an ending. Atm I have not really much words.

I liked that ending but at the same time not really. The fight was very well done, even with all the talking between it. I guess for most of the people it was confusing.

The scene between Kimimaro and Mashu with the kiss was definitely something everyone waited for. So beautiful, I loved it. <3
So that must mean Mashu isn't Kimimaros daughter, more likely his wife right? I had tears in my eyes when they had to say good bye to each other ;_;

So much different Masakakis and her boss?
It's nice that everyone has their future back. But what is with Kimimaro? What happened to Mikuni?
There are so much questions left over, which I don't completely understand.

Is Kimimaro now a ghost? Will he met Mashu again?
The conversation between him and Masakaki was interesting. The financial district will always exist.

Overall I liked this anime. I think this is one of the more complicated ones on my list. It's sad to see after all the time that there isn't any OVA or something else. This would have been a good choice to maybe explain the things more detailed. Oh well.

7/10 for me, was a nice ride :)
Natsu88Feb 4, 2017 11:45 PM

Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Discussion on a general question

akarsh_kumar - Sep 21, 2023

6 by LostInLove »»
Nov 1, 2023 1:04 AM

Poll: » C Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 16, 2011

135 by basskiller »»
Sep 12, 2023 10:55 PM

» As a whole what did you think of this anime?

ZoarialShadow - Jan 19, 2017

19 by Abyhape »»
Jul 12, 2023 6:43 AM

Poll: » C Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - May 12, 2011

116 by GosuDRM »»
Jun 30, 2023 12:37 AM

Poll: » C Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - May 26, 2011

114 by greed2 »»
May 1, 2023 9:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.