Jan 21, 2015 7:24 PM

Jul 2012
UnoPuntoCinco said:
The fucking autistic ringtone girl

duturu
Jan 24, 2015 6:23 PM
Dec 2014
nimunimu-kun said:
I don't see the point of this thread since majority of the cast is good.
And seriously, what's with all this hate on Moeka? Not that I care about the reasons of people here but MOEKA? I don't know why she's so hated on the anime fanbase (I just played the VN) but I think she's pretty likeable. Sure, she killed Mayuri but she was manipulated to it, I think the hate should be directed at Mr. Braun instead. He manipulated a sixteen old girl (according to the date he contacted Moeka) to live a MURDERER life, if not by him, she would live a relatively shorter (and sadder) life, but not that of a murderer.
Ah, coming back to the thread. Obviously Kurisu. I hate how she's the least realistic character of the cast and how her personality varies. Not that I hate her or anything, it's just that I don't see anything special on her.

I can't really hate Mr. Braun. He was also manipulated. If Braunian Motion spin-off is considered you know what happened to his wife. Mr. Braun's life is an inescapable tragedy.

About Kurisu, I think she is the most realistic one. People like her do exist. For instance me, although i'm not a girl lol. But our way of thinking and character is so identical that I can explain to you why she is the way she is as though I am explaining myself haha.
Jan 25, 2015 5:14 AM

Nov 2014
As a VN reader.....I'd give my vote to Sister Braun.
Jan 25, 2015 5:15 AM

Aug 2014
Charliehsv said:
Without a doubt, Nakabachi.
Jan 25, 2015 5:18 AM

Jul 2014
Insertanamehere said:
Charliehsv said:
Without a doubt, Nakabachi.

Why didn't I think of that?

MV: Urushibara Ruka

I. Just. Don't.
Jan 25, 2015 5:19 AM
Jul 2018
Moeka.
Jan 25, 2015 9:08 PM

Dec 2014
Huex3 said:

I can't really hate Mr. Braun. He was also manipulated. If Braunian Motion spin-off is considered you know what happened to his wife. Mr. Braun's life is an inescapable tragedy.

So you decided to hate Moeka instead, a character that from the beginning didn't have anything nor anyone? I finished reading Yuugo's manga so he's out my hate list, what a touching ending... (T___T) The whole thing about Yuugo trying to save Moeka just like Suzuha saved him made me cry... Oh, and what I was trying to say was that people whom only watched S;G anime hate Moeka instead of Yuugo, which I find surprising since I heard that he kills Moeka on the anime. (AND WITH A FRIGGIN SMILE MAN)

And seriously, if SERN was a character, (s)he would be on the top of my top hated characters list. What a scum of a company.
Feb 1, 2015 11:10 PM
Dec 2014
nimunimu-kun said:
Huex3 said:

So you decided to hate Moeka instead, a character that from the beginning didn't have anything nor anyone? I finished reading Yuugo's manga so he's out my hate list, what a touching ending... (T___T) The whole thing about Yuugo trying to save Moeka just like Suzuha saved him made me cry... Oh, and what I was trying to say was that people whom only watched S;G anime hate Moeka instead of Yuugo, which I find surprising since I heard that he kills Moeka on the anime. (AND WITH A FRIGGIN SMILE MAN)

And seriously, if SERN was a character, (s)he would be on the top of my top hated characters list. What a scum of a company.

Nowhere did I say that I hate Moeka. Don't assume stuff haha. Anyways I don't hate her she's almost the same as Mr. Braun. It is obvious from the moment they raided Okabe's lab that she is also being manipulated.

I actually picked "Others", You probably know who I am referring to. Yes it is Dr. Nakabachi from Beta. Alpha Nakabachi is a whole lot kinder than Beta Nakabachi. Alpha Nakabachi actually genuinely loves his daughter and wanted to fix their father-daughter relationship.

EDIT: I got my sources from the spin-offs but we can't really say that the spin-offs are not contributing to the story.
Feb 1, 2015 11:12 PM

Apr 2014
I found Mayuri to be extremely annoying.

looket all them demons
oh boy am i scared
i better run

Feb 1, 2015 11:14 PM

Nov 2014
I don't have one :c
Feb 3, 2015 4:35 AM

Feb 2015
Itaru..
He's a portrayal of the average fan of this show.
Feb 3, 2015 4:38 AM

Jul 2014
they're all alright tbqh but if i had to name one it'd be kiryuu moeka
Feb 3, 2015 10:35 PM
Nov 2013
why does everyone hate moeka. I mean even if she didn't kill mayuri a freak accident would. If anything i feel sorry moeka because she was a hikikamori who was manipulated by mr braun not gunna lie until they reveil her past i wish okabe would of pulled the trigger
Feb 21, 2015 4:20 PM

Jun 2011
Nae. I love every character in Steins;Gate (even Mayuri, even though I hate her type), but I hate Nae.
Feb 21, 2015 9:34 PM

May 2014
I don't HATE any of the main cast, but if you're gonna force me to choose, it's definitely Moeka.

Seriously, even before episode 12, when she did the unforgivable, she was still really annoying with her obsession over FB FB FB FB FB FB FB FB FB FB FB FB FB FB FB FB FB FB.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Aug 27, 2015 3:16 PM

May 2010
So many Moeka and Mayuri haters... Moeka, I understand (still a bit too much) but Mayuri did nothing wrong.

The most hateful character was definitely that bastard of a father Kurisu has. I hate him so much grr
Aug 28, 2015 3:03 PM

May 2015
I voted for Moeka but I didn't necessarily hate any of the characters. I probably disliked Moeka the most, she was just kind of annoying.
Sep 1, 2015 1:28 PM

Jan 2014
Moeka because... hum...FB FB FB FB ... She's so wierd with her phone .
Sep 5, 2015 3:08 AM
Jun 2015
*Heartless fucks voting for Kurisu Makise in lane 4*

Jokes aside. I like most of the characters from steins gate but my least favorite is Moeka and Itaru.
Oct 2, 2015 2:25 AM

Apr 2013
I hate Shiina Mayuri because she is a generic character without any substance at all. She's archetypical and does literally nothing to stand out from the archetype she's blatantly from. She isn't a character; she's just an archetype. The overdevelopment of one character and the underdevelopment of one character didn't have a neutralising effect, and it's one of the reasons that this show isn't nearly as good as it could have been. Okabe Rintaro is undoubtedly the best character in Steins;Gate, with a lot of complexity, substance and depth. He's interesting, he's charismatic, and he's unique. Every one of his motivations are realistic, and his Hououin Kyouma mask is one of the most interesting things in anime to date. He's one of only two reasons I even bothered to finish this show. He's the reason I looked up the VN endings for each character. This guy is my favourite character in the show, but that's really not much of an accomplishment considering the competition.

Shiina Mayuri is the reason that this show's potential is completely botched. I mean, this entire show is about Okabe travelling back in time over and over again in a desperate bid to save Mayuri, putting his sanity on the line, sacrificing other people's memories and sacrificing people's lives. Okabe Rintaro paves a path of blood for Mayuri's salvation - she is the motivator for this show. It lacks any real drama when Mayuri dies because she's a character I just couldn't care about. She's a shallow and generic character, with no compelling traits whatsoever. To boot, she can even make you cheer for her death because she's just so damn annoying ('tuturu~, tuturu~, tuturu~'). I hear that sound in my nightmares. Steins;Gate could have been such a good show if Mayuri was interesting, compelling and unique.

This suffers from the same problem Clannad had. Nobody cares about Nagisa because she's generic, shallow and underdeveloped, while Tomoya is overdeveloped. As a result,

It's been a few years, but anime still hasn't learned. Because Mayuri is such a bad main character, and the entire show is about Okabe trying to save Mayuri, we can't feel the gravity of the situation, I can't connect to the character, and I can't be emotionally immersed in this drama. What do I have left in this show but the plot? Steins;Gate is very much a character-driven show, but its plot is also crucial, though it's not nearly as important. The plot is brought up every now and again between character interactions, and it mostly serves to involve you in the character's drama (which works well for interesting, compelling and well-developed characters like Suzuha but falls flat on its face for characters like Mayuri). I always got the feeling that the plot isn't being treated nearly as importantly as the characters until the last few episodes, and then that's when the show finally strikes a good balance between plot and character focus; the plot is important and the characters are important. Neither one take a back seat. They feel intertwined. I don't know, that's just the feeling I got from the show. It's been a while since I watched it, but that's how I felt about it.

Mayuri is a terrible character. Even in the Visual Novel, when all of her depth is revealed, she really isn't much more than her archetype. I hate Shiina Mayuri because she drags the show down so much. There are many other reasons I hate Shiina Mayuri, but this is the strongest reason.

In saying that, I recommend watching the VN endings for Suzuha and Faris, because I feel they're a lot better than the ending in the anime. Faris, despite being a shallow character in the anime, shows a lot more depth, characterisation and is just plain better developed in the VN. Most of this depth is quite subtle, but she's undoubtedly a much better character than Mayuri. Why couldn't she be in Mayuri's place? I actually like Faris as a character, more so than Kurisu. I don't really have an opinion on Kurisu; I just can't really seem to get a read on her character. That's a discussion for another day, though.

Edit: Faris/Rumiho is now my favourite character, having played Linear Bounded Phenogram and reading much more S;G material. Love the novels and some of the VNs, but don't like the anime.
FallOct 8, 2015 9:32 AM
Oct 2, 2015 7:46 AM

Sep 2011
north1085 said:

You should replace every "we" and "nobody" and so, with "I" or "me". I see what you mean, but don't state your opinion like it's shared by everyone :P
Lots of people liked Mayuri and "the other girl from another anime you mentioned" (so that I don't spoil), just watch reactions in their episode discussions and see how it impacted people. Not everyone, mind you, but it's not like no one liked them :)
Oct 8, 2015 9:26 AM

Apr 2013
RazielZero said:
north1085 said:

You should replace every "we" and "nobody" and so, with "I" or "me". I see what you mean, but don't state your opinion like it's shared by everyone :P
Lots of people liked Mayuri and "the other girl from another anime you mentioned" (so that I don't spoil), just watch reactions in their episode discussions and see how it impacted people. Not everyone, mind you, but it's not like no one liked them :)

Oh, I agree (not we agree :P). I've certainly come across people who like Mayuri and think her character was handled beautifully. I don't even slightly agree with them, but nonetheless they are likeable characters to some. I don't know why I kept using collective terms, honestly. Thanks for pointing that out, though, I'll fix it.
Oct 29, 2015 7:29 AM

Jun 2015
After watching the whole series... I voted Faris. I found her annoying. But after reading the vn... I can't answer anymore. I love them all. Even Moeka.

Except Nakabachi. F*ck Nakabachi.
El. Psy. Congroo.
Oct 29, 2015 9:29 AM
Sep 2015
You guys/girls are hating Nakabachi,of course he (may)stabbed Kurisu(Im hope everyone who visited this section already watched anime/vn),but lets not forget that its he who inspired Kurisu to learn about science,that he really wanted to
,of course i cant blame him for what he has done but,lets not forget that he got rejected by other scientists which made him distrustful toward other people,maybe he even thought that cold person,like Kurisu was laughing at his back,she was disagreeing with existence of Time Machine since beggining and when she made the thesis that its possible to build one,he got probobaly too excited and he may not even know what he was doing,when Hashida Suzu and Rumiho father died he was left totally alone,he lost his daughter with which he wanted to reconcile to
and lonely people do stupid things which will regret sooner or later,like i said we dont even know if he ever killed Kurisu because basically its Okabe who killed her while trying to help her,but we should dont forget that Nakabachi life wasnt so good,its not like im trying to make him good but personally i dont think hes a bad person,in my opinion he might be similar to Moeka in some case(which i dont hate aswell),my last argument will be that he wanted to build TimeMachine to show Kurisu that it is REALLY possible(as i know from some media/cd drama or something like that),in my opinion he wasnt bad person,from what i told someone would suggest that i hate scientists media because they "backstabbed"Nakabachi but i cant hate them from my viewpoint without knowing anything about them,my opinion is that i dont hate any character in this show because they are pretty realistic and hating one of them is like hating some sad parts of life which make us,us.(Im hope its good written because im not really good in speaking english :d)
And dont forget,hes a tsundere like Kurisu :D Hope i brightened Nakabachi situation a little bit :]
[spoiler]He even told Kurisu to visit him along with Okabe when they fix current situation,which was heartwarming scene :P[/spoiler
KrystianM20Oct 29, 2015 9:36 AM
Oct 29, 2015 2:38 PM

Sep 2011
Don't consider most of the drama CDs and whatnot canon, but even with those I can safely say this: Sorry, I can't consider someone who would be prepared to kill their own child a good person. Even with everything that happened, even with him being desparate, unless the child attacks their parent or some weird shit like that, no one should never ever do something like this, it shouldn't even cross one's mind :/
He might not always have been a bad person, but at that moment, he was one, therefore I will hate him with all my heart :(
Dec 5, 2015 5:19 AM

Mar 2015
Can't believe Mayuri's vote earned 11% of the total poll. Which made her the 2nd most hated character in the series, according to MAL users. She's like the best and cutest girl in the series. She's kind and care about others a lot more than herself.

Feb 23, 2016 7:00 PM
Jun 2013
I seriously can't stand mayuri or moeka. Mayuri because she's an idiot- why is it "cute" for wonen to be idiots, but not attractive for men? I have yet to see the idiot trope for male characters in otome games...
And moeka is just selfish, weak, and evil.
Feb 16, 2018 7:47 PM

Nov 2016
Mayuri for sure takes the cake for being the worst character of the show. She persistently annoyed the hell out of me for the entire show. It doesn't help that im not really a fan of air-head characters.
Feb 19, 2018 2:29 AM
Jul 2009
I dislike Mayuri, her personality is annoying
Feb 23, 2018 1:29 PM

May 2017
I think the show wanted me to sympathize with Moeka, but how can I sympathize with such a dumb, weak character? She blindly follows this "FB" she doesn't know and does evil shit just because she's easy to take advantage of?

She doesn't have any redeeming qualities, either.

Honestly, one of my least favorite antagonists. Also Okabe was pretty dumb too for letting her in.
flizzyFeb 23, 2018 1:33 PM
Feb 23, 2018 3:02 PM

May 2017
Fall said:

This suffers from the same problem Clannad had. Nobody cares about Nagisa because she's generic, shallow and underdeveloped, while Tomoya is overdeveloped. As a result,

Clannad fan over here, Nagisa is the best girl and she had some character depth. I cared about what happened to her and it's really sad even if you're not the biggest Nagisa fan. 1. It's a sad story well executed, like even if it was just the After Story episodes without the other arcs of Clannad I would still be fucking depressed about what happened and 2. If you're a fan of Clannad, even if you dislike Nagisa you should care because it mostly affects Tomoya.

And I've never seen anyone use the word "overdeveloped" like how is there a thing such as "too much character development"? It's what made Tomoya such a great, interesting character.
Feb 23, 2018 5:55 PM

Apr 2013
drizzy999 said:
Fall said:

Clannad fan over here, Nagisa is the best girl and she had some character depth. I cared about what happened to her and it's really sad even if you're not the biggest Nagisa fan. 1. It's a sad story well executed, like even if it was just the After Story episodes without the other arcs of Clannad I would still be fucking depressed about what happened and 2. If you're a fan of Clannad, even if you dislike Nagisa you should care because it mostly affects Tomoya.

And I've never seen anyone use the word "overdeveloped" like how is there a thing such as "too much character development"? It's what made Tomoya such a great, interesting character.

Having seen Clannad and After Story twice, I can say that I'm not really a fan of it. The viusal novel definitely has potential, but I can only recall one episode in the anime franchise that "got me", so to speak. And yeah, it was Tomoya-related, not Nagisa-related. I would not say it was particularly well-executed, though after story is certainly a few steps up from the first.

I personally find many of key's anime adaptations to be pretty...manipulative, I guess, in terms of storytelling. Not gonna fault after story for being original, of course, I just don't like how they wrote it. Music's good, for sure.

Tomoya is overdeveloped in the sense that there's a surplus. It's a phenomenon where so much attention is given to developing a certain character over and over again that the audience fails to care about said developments anymore. But he's also overdeveloped in comparison to his "other half", Nagisa. But the show is 80% Tomoya and 20% Nagisa.

In a romance, there are three relationships. The ones each character has with themselves, and the relationship they have with each other. The relationship that Nagisa and Tomoya have with each other is barely explored and criminally underdeveloped, which is bad for obvious reasons.

I'm not a fan of Clannad. The anime, at least. Maybe the visual novel will be different.
Feb 23, 2018 6:05 PM

Dec 2016
Everyone except Suzuha, the only good character of the show

But sadly that's not among the options, so I'll go with Mayuri because OMG that girl really gave me headaches with her full retardation and 5yo girlish attitude (and also because she was the gravitating reason to why the show was ruined in the 2nd half).
Feb 24, 2018 7:20 PM
Dec 2016
i fucking don't know lol, i love all of them
Mar 1, 2018 6:10 AM

Jul 2017
I hated Moeka since the beggining..
Apr 11, 2018 5:46 PM
Feb 2017
Aww. So much moeka hate. Why must this be so negative? We don't even have a best girl thread.

Apr 16, 2018 9:25 AM

Oct 2013
I hate everyone of the main cast. That's quite an achievment.
Aug 8, 2018 8:33 PM
Jul 2014
Moeka: clueless to the feelings of those around her. Stalks Okabe to find out where his lab is. Constantly messaging even when not getting replies. Very pushy
Oct 7, 2018 4:46 AM
Jun 2017
Well Faris is kinda annoying because of her Nya-tics but she's worth important to the anime plot and at first, I really hate Moeka for callously murdering Mayuri in cold blood but now she's getting better with her own independence thanks to Rintaro's blunt speech so none of them are worth hating!
Nov 26, 2018 8:57 PM

Jul 2016
It's not that I hate Moeka, but there are times where I like her and dislike her.

In the worldline where she kills Mayuri, oh you bet I don't like her there.
But in the Steins;Gate worldline, I think she's cute.

I see Faris and Mayuri are up there.
Faris I can see, since her "nya's" get really repetitive and sometimes annoying.
I'm surprised to see Mayuri but I can see why since at the beginning of the game I was a bit annoyed with her.
Apr 9, 2023 10:06 AM
Jul 2022
Kurisu Makise's father, Shouichi Makise.

He is the definition of a Hate Sink...

https://hate-sink.fandom.com/wiki/Shouichi_Makise
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Apr 19, 2011

260 by OmBerry12_Bleach »»
Yesterday, 11:01 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

805 by Nemesis133 »»
Yesterday, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

saxophone15 - Apr 26, 2011

241 by GatchiShoppo »»
Apr 20, 4:33 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Samu-tan - Apr 3, 2011

550 by Dyphz »»
Apr 17, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1825 by fentphantom »»
Apr 12, 12:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.