Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 16, 2011 10:40 PM
Jun 2011
Hi! :) not sure if this is the right place for this thread but here goes.

I`m thinking of picking up Vampire Knight (manga) and reading it again. I`ve dropped this manga years ago due to starting to feel that this manga is not of my taste. At that time I`ve only read up to chapter 21. After that I`ve lost my bookmark of the page and cared less about trying to find the page where I was at and the chapter. The manga didn`t seem to prick any interest to me at the time and I`m thinking of reconsidering my thought on this now. I need a very good reason/review on why I should pick this up again. Not some lame reason like "the guys are hot" or "the art is good" I`ve read some of the reviews here already but its still not good enough for me yet. I`ve also saw mixed reviews of likes and dislikes of this manga but am still reconsidering the thought of this manga. If I see a good review here I might just pick it up again. Much thanks for reading this. :)
Jun 29, 2011 6:58 AM

Apr 2011
Well, I can't really write a lame reason like "the guys are hot" because I am a guy and I don't swing that way xD .

You might then ask, "What keeps you interested in this manga Kaydee?" , Well I'd have to say It is because of the relationship between zero, kaname and yuuki. I'm a total sucker for romance manga so this love triangle that they have going on is thoroughly entertaining and I have my favorite couple "Yuuki x Zero", so until they get together, I'm going to continue reading and if they get together, I'm gonna be happy and still keep reading :P . Yup I'm a hopeless romantic.... =)

That probably makes no sense and doesn't compel you in any way to continue reading the manga but hey, I tried :D

-Kaydee
Jul 1, 2011 12:40 PM
Jun 2011
Kaydee-san said:
Well, I can't really write a lame reason like "the guys are hot" because I am a guy and I don't swing that way xD .

You might then ask, "What keeps you interested in this manga Kaydee?" , Well I'd have to say It is because of the relationship between zero, kaname and yuuki. I'm a total sucker for romance manga so this love triangle that they have going on is thoroughly entertaining and I have my favorite couple "Yuuki x Zero", so until they get together, I'm going to continue reading and if they get together, I'm gonna be happy and still keep reading :P . Yup I'm a hopeless romantic.... =)

That probably makes no sense and doesn't compel you in any way to continue reading the manga but hey, I tried :D

-Kaydee

Hahas "Well, I can't really write a lame reason like "the guys are hot" because I am a guy and I don't swing that way xD" that made me lol so much :D well lots of people are aiming for the love triangle and it`s pretty surprising to see a guy like u write that :D I mean my bro hates romance he only reads shounen or manga that has a little love but still has an adventure or plot in it. I was aiming for Zero and Yuki before too but I got bored of the manga at chapter 21 and just couldn`t force myself to read it any longer, but I want to but I just can`t :o Well thx for the reply :) will see if there`s anyone else.
Jul 1, 2011 12:42 PM

Jul 2010
I watched the anime and only got to episode 4. I don't blame you. Personally I will watch it eventually but I want to do it when I am looking for another anime to watch.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 1, 2011 9:20 PM
Jun 2011
I tried watching the anime but couldn`t cuz I read the book and knew what would happen next lol :D
Jul 1, 2011 9:22 PM

Mar 2009
Well.. one thing about the manga is that the characters look pretty much the same and since there's no colour, it can be hard to tell them apart. I would suggest not picking the manga back up again.
Jul 1, 2011 9:30 PM
Jun 2011
I could tell them apart, just that it would be nice if some of the characters had different styles to give a unique feel, thx for the advice :D I`ll wait for more.
Jul 1, 2011 9:32 PM

Dec 2010
I'd recommend Hellsing (ultimate/manga), Shiki (any), and Trinity Blood (novels) if you want vampires.
Jul 1, 2011 9:38 PM
Jun 2011
Thx for the recommendations :D will get to them if I can I`m already reading 2 vampire series Noblesse and Rosario Vampire I love em! :]
Jul 1, 2011 9:44 PM

Dec 2010
Yeah, Hellsing is gore-tastic, action everywhere, and sparkle-less... except comedy bits with Seras, who becomes a badass herself.

Shiki is sparkle-less too... except for two fujoshi pandering shiki. Ozaki is badass as hell and when the stakes are high... time to start hammering stakes.

Trinity Blood has a meh anime, and I haven't read the manga, but the novels are good. It's something like Trigun crossed with Hellsing. The main character is somewhat a pretty boy if you want that. Probably the girliest of these here. He's still a badass when he's released, though.

No romance to speak of, except a little bit here and there in each to pander to people.
Jul 1, 2011 9:53 PM
Jun 2011
I`m fine without romance :) Noblesse doesn`t have much of romance either but I love it when they fight!
Jul 9, 2011 5:02 PM
Jun 2011
I still need more opinions here :) although it looks like the thread is going a bit off topic :]
Jul 9, 2011 6:11 PM

Feb 2009
Maybe VK doesn't suit your taste and you shouldn't read it! :p
Anyway, I'm having a hard time with this manga, it has a good start, then turned to be an epic until almost the end of the first arc, then it started to be a little by little, slack and incoherent, though, I'm still reading it. The reason is that I think this manga had a good basis and I hope for it to return to its previous status. Actually I notes that I wrote this to vent myself more than giving you a good reason to complete it. lol
Jul 13, 2011 8:57 PM
Jun 2011
CeliaSilver said:
Maybe VK doesn't suit your taste and you shouldn't read it! :p
Anyway, I'm having a hard time with this manga, it has a good start, then turned to be an epic until almost the end of the first arc, then it started to be a little by little, slack and incoherent, though, I'm still reading it. The reason is that I think this manga had a good basis and I hope for it to return to its previous status. Actually I notes that I wrote this to vent myself more than giving you a good reason to complete it. lol

Maybe it doesn`t but I really want to give the manga another shot and hope for the best of it.
Jul 18, 2011 1:27 PM

Jan 2010
Don't bother. After chapter 40-something the manga just starts plain sucking, so if you didn't like the actual good chapters I doubt you'll like the rest.
Jul 18, 2011 2:48 PM

Sep 2009
Agree with holypoop!

In all honesty, this is the worst novel Hino Matsuri had wirtten. I love all her other story, but whne it comes to Vampire Knight, it sucks. Like the only reason why I'm reading it is because I adore the art and I want to know what's going to happen to Zero. Other than that, the story and character development sucks.
Jul 18, 2011 11:09 PM

Jan 2009
holypoop said:
Don't bother. After chapter 40-something the manga just starts plain sucking, so if you didn't like the actual good chapters I doubt you'll like the rest.
asianxweirdo said:
Agree with holypoop!

In all honesty, this is the worst novel Hino Matsuri had wirtten. I love all her other story, but whne it comes to Vampire Knight, it sucks. Like the only reason why I'm reading it is because I adore the art and I want to know what's going to happen to Zero. Other than that, the story and character development sucks.

I'd have to agree with both of you. Sometimes I wonder why I'm still reading it. For the past 25+ chapters, 2+ years now, the story hasn't gone anywhere. My advice would be to not pick it up again if you already put it down once. It will only go from bad to worse. Wish I could give you a reason to pick it back up but just can't.

Jul 24, 2011 9:19 PM
Jun 2011
Hmm... I`ve read her other series before and those were pretty good. I think I might not continue Vampire Knight if thats what your all saying. I was always wondering why the manga got so famous the story and plot wasn`t something new for me, sometimes I just wonder if this manga is just famous for its artwork. Even my friend tells me that Vampire Knight is overrated :/ o well might as well have to ditch this manga then. Although I was hoping to pick it up again after hearing all the hype from other reviews.
Jul 25, 2011 9:58 AM

Dec 2010
To be perfectly honest, Vampire Knight is the only manga I have read and that I am reading, so I have nothing to base it off of, and I openly admit it's my guilty pleasure ;) But, compared to a lot of awful vampire stories I've dealt with, I like the love triangle (though it makes me want to tear my hair out sometimes) and I like the politics within the alternate universe, where the vampires are actively involved and not necessarily gory but not merciful either.

I agree, the beginning was more captivating than the middle (I, too, am a Zero x Yuuki fan xD) and although the story has been crawling on its hands and knees for a while, the most recent chapter has given me hope not only for Zero and Yuuki but for the finale of the series. (which I hope Matsuri Hino doesn't drag out like some authors would, considering it seems to me like that's where it's heading) If you're a quick manga reader, then I say what have you got to lose but a bit of your time? If you don't like it, you don't like it--if you had posted this question before (around the 50's chapters or so) I probably would've told you to stay away considering you said you were a Zero fan, but the past chapter was one of the best in a long while :)
Aug 2, 2011 11:52 PM

Sep 2007
Read the manga untill chapter 47 and then drop it. After this chapter, the manga is awful. It should have ended in this chapter :X
Aug 3, 2011 4:27 AM

Apr 2009
The past 10 chapters have been crap. Just saying.
I used to be incredibly obsessed with this manga a while back, and that's the only reason why I'm still reading it. I used to like it so I don't want to drop it. Besides, 5 minutes per month is not a lot of time to waste.
It's good until some point though. I found it really interesting and engaging at first.
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
Aug 6, 2011 2:05 PM
Aug 2011
Well, if you're a Zero fan, just keep on reading. Even though i must admit, his character has been quite passive lately. If you're partly Zeki fan well, I guess you should just wait until the end is out to see if they even end up together, because as of now, even though there is some development, the LT is still painfully annoying. I'm partial to Zeki because I'm Zero fan mostly, and I dont like the idea of a girl who went boinking another dude then comes back and expects things to be the same way as before.

TL,DR: Read if you're Zero/Kaname fan and more interested in the plot/action rather than the romance crap.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 68 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jan 22, 2011

26 by Ayano-Kinoshita »»
Apr 17, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 66 Discussion

tsubasalover - Oct 23, 2010

16 by Ayano-Kinoshita »»
Apr 16, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 93 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lalalandzz - May 22, 2013

271 by weaboo_lord »»
Feb 4, 8:37 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 1 Discussion

VARIAchan - Nov 4, 2009

7 by miaeiner »»
Oct 17, 2023 5:14 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 58 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 19, 2010

30 by LaurenStark »»
Apr 22, 2023 7:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.