Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 3, 2011 11:06 AM

Nov 2010
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Nice chapter. Although it felt short.
Who's going to fight next :3
Jun 3, 2011 11:27 AM
Mar 2011
Rinji- said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Nice chapter. Although it felt short.
Who's going to fight next :3

by the name of the next chapter ("at one time"), it sounds as though it will be a flash back chapter >__<;
Jun 3, 2011 11:38 AM

Dec 2009
I thought that Erza will lost, but she won the fight.Her willpower never fail to amaze me.

And poor Gerald...

Jun 3, 2011 12:05 PM

Apr 2011
Kinda what I expected...except for that douche frog.
Jun 3, 2011 12:55 PM

May 2007
Wow. Can Mashima at least pretend to try to be creative?
Jun 3, 2011 1:00 PM

Jan 2009
Aw poor Gerard. I wasn't expecting Erza to win. Luxus vs Hades maybe? or flashback? And what about Grey?
JadedLoverJun 3, 2011 1:40 PM

Jun 3, 2011 1:31 PM

Oct 2010
vindemon64 said:

lol!
Jun 3, 2011 1:35 PM

Feb 2010
vindemon64 said:

agree even for FT standards that was a little bit to cheap and forced^^
Jun 3, 2011 1:45 PM

Aug 2009
unlike some of you I do not feel sorry for Gerard at all. He deserves it. Bravo frog.
Jun 3, 2011 2:01 PM

Oct 2010
That frog rules!!

Wow what a stupid chapter, in FT the power of friendship can beat all the odds :3..

Jun 3, 2011 3:11 PM

Aug 2010
I agree, I thought someone else will pull through instead of Erza always shouldering these responsibilities, I thought she did that a few arcs ago.

That being said, she still has alot to face on her own.

Poor Gerard
Jun 3, 2011 3:15 PM

Feb 2010
-Couldn't help but LOL at the cover (Poor Gazille xD)
-OMG Gerard ;__; My heart wrenched a little when one of the frog-looking guys decided to use some torture method
-OMG Erza's back up. I thought that was the end of her (or at least I thought she couldnt fight anymore..). Good to see her defeat Azuma (though I do wish Mashima was a little more creative with it).
-"These guys' real strength....is neither 'individual' nor it's 'sum'" = Then what is FT's real strength? I'm really curious about that. (I'm assuming it's "conviction" since he mentioned it...or their unwavering friendship and strong feelings for each other)

Even though it was a little cliche-ish, I still manage to (kind of) enjoy this chapter. Maybe because I love Erza too much lol.

And I actually couldn't help but pity Gerard. Maybe because I love him too much too.

What do you guys think will happen next...now that Erza has defeated Azuma? The whole "At one time" really gives off the feeling or impression that there will be a flashback. The question is: Whose flashback will we see?
Jun 3, 2011 5:31 PM

Aug 2010
FT and it's friendship powerups.
Jun 3, 2011 5:31 PM
Jan 2011
SoFarGone said:
unlike some of you I do not feel sorry for Gerard at all. He deserves it. Bravo frog.

Yeah guys, damn Jellal for wishing to bring freedoms for all those kids, damn him for saving Erza, damn him for doing all those things by his own will!!! Damn him!!! He is just a worthless asshole compared to Luxus who put the life of all people in the tower in danger, forced all the guild mates to fight against and nearly killed each other, and just got terminated. Poor him right? Oh and I forget Gajeel, I feel so sorry for him for beating up Levy and her mates, nailing them on the trees, destroy FT and nearly killed Lucy, but I'm glad that he joins Fairy Tail now *roll eyes*

Anyway, this chapter is beyond cheesy, but since I don't care about FT much more so it's kinda expected, Mashima doesn't care much about this series anyway....
Jun 3, 2011 6:02 PM

Mar 2008
vindemon64 said:

You command my respect, sir.
Jun 3, 2011 6:14 PM

Apr 2011
THat is the first time blood was shown in this series...
Jun 3, 2011 6:32 PM

Jun 2009
normal chapter.. but i was sock when erza still fights..
i thought she was completely lost.. thank god..

i wonder what happened to other members of the guild..
Jun 3, 2011 6:37 PM

Dec 2008
Jun 3, 2011 6:42 PM

Sep 2007
Very shounen end to this battle. Kind of disappointed. Was expecting a little bit more.
Jun 3, 2011 6:50 PM

Jan 2009
Talukita said:
SoFarGone said:

Yeah guys, damn Jellal for wishing to bring freedoms for all those kids, damn him for saving Erza, damn him for doing all those things by his own will!!! Damn him!!! He is just a worthless asshole compared to Luxus who put the life of all people in the tower in danger, forced all the guild mates to fight against and nearly killed each other, and just got terminated. Poor him right? Oh and I forget Gajeel, I feel so sorry for him for beating up Levy and her mates, nailing them on the trees, destroy FT and nearly killed Lucy, but I'm glad that he joins Fairy Tail now *roll eyes*

^THIS!!!

Jun 3, 2011 7:11 PM

Nov 2008
Nice that Erza won. The chapter felt short though.
Jun 3, 2011 7:29 PM
Sep 2007
Friendship magic again.
Hi
Jun 3, 2011 7:37 PM

Jun 2011
It was okay. Sure, I felt nothing after seeing Gerard was ... Yeah, you guys knew. What I am trying to put it straight .. I'm getting bored on the big conflict, it seemed the story goes on pretty slow. That's all.
Jun 3, 2011 9:29 PM

Jul 2009
Really again? I was hoping for Erza to get a beat down at least but of course typical comeback, what was up with the Gerrad thing, his voice being heard and support. Where is Luxus he needs to join this fight.
Jun 3, 2011 9:40 PM

Jan 2008
bskbob said:
vindemon64 said:

agree even for FT standards that was a little bit to cheap and forced^^

No argument here. I was hoping for something a bit more than what we got here.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Jun 3, 2011 10:28 PM

Jun 2009
This made my day.. nice chapter
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Jun 4, 2011 12:46 AM

Mar 2011
Awww, that one's forced.
Jun 4, 2011 1:33 AM

May 2008
couldnt get the picture of goku asking his buddies to lend him their power to beat someone out of my head after finnishing this chapter
Jun 4, 2011 3:37 AM

Mar 2009
Talukita said:
SoFarGone said:

Anyway, this chapter is beyond cheesy, but since I don't care about FT much more so it's kinda expected, Mashima doesn't care much about this series anyway....

Gerard wasnt bad guy at first. He was brainwashed by Ultear/Fake Zeref.
This wasn't a bad chapter. I see this like that. Erza power lvl dropped a bit after Gerard being put to jail. Now that She was on the edge Gerard could feel it. I'm sure they still are connected by some bond or that it reestablished just now giving Erza sudden power up.
Or maybe Mashima just wanted to fix the tree fast so that other FT members can fight again and move the plot forward :D
Jun 4, 2011 4:45 AM

Jul 2010
Uh... That chapter is okay, but...
If I were Mashima, I would probably let Erza and everyone lose this battle and Laxus would have to come back... Or even another guild to rescue. (At least I want to see strip-duo Lyon and Gray again XD)
Ah I feel sad that Gajeel isn't able to fight since he's injury >.>
I'm starting to worry about Gray since he meets Ultear.
Jun 4, 2011 5:27 AM

Oct 2010
Forced, and cheap as hell. I knew this would happen. Same with Natsu. Almost dead at the end of the chapter and then he is miraculously allive and well at another. This is the one thing I hate in Shonen anime/manga. Good character can take punishment non-stop for 24 hours and he/she would still feel fine because of the will power. And then it only takes one move to finish off the powerful enemy. There is nothing cool about this chapter. Plot victory, nothing more. Disappointing.
Jun 4, 2011 8:01 AM

Oct 2008
No matter what people say, I think I will never get sick of those naive, out-of-nowhere and cliched as hell come backs, IF they are done right. And Hiro-sensei seems to always play on the right strings of my heart. <3 :)
Jun 4, 2011 8:03 AM

Jun 2010
Come on why be disappointed with this chapter when obviously you knew this was going to happen .
You should be disappointed with how well thought out this arc was.... haha yeh
But i still enjoy it non the less.:D
Riveting is rosy, pockets full of posies, given to the mother of the deceased. Awaken at war, 'til I'm restin' in peace
Jun 4, 2011 8:56 AM

Apr 2010
Rudgald said:
No matter what people say, I think I will never get sick of those naive, out-of-nowhere and cliched as hell come backs, IF they are done right. And Hiro-sensei seems to always play on the right strings of my heart. <3 :)

I agree ^^
I just read chapters 236-237 and I really enjoyed them
Jun 4, 2011 10:52 AM

Jul 2007
I dont normally post this, but this chapter was horrible. Again resorted to another 'love beats all' power up.

Though i have enjoyed this arc as a whole so far.
Jun 4, 2011 12:10 PM
Mar 2010
For 1 dam week I actually thougth Mashima grew some balls and was going to actually do something creative and unpredictable. I thougth Fairy Tail finally had a legit villain (excluding Ultear) who actually did shit. But nope Azuma gets trolled and we get treated to the same shit thats really beginning to make me dislike this manga. That was horrid and so dam cliche it hurt to read.
Jun 4, 2011 1:53 PM

Sep 2010
Erza "lost" already and it should have stayed like that. I didn't like this chapter much, I want to see what happens with Gray and Ultear. I don't believe Jellal will stay in jail, since he keeps appearing all the time.
Jun 4, 2011 2:24 PM

Apr 2009
"An awesome guild fail"

the arc started so epic
smokesJun 4, 2011 2:56 PM
Jun 4, 2011 2:46 PM

Mar 2011
Don't need money, don't need fame,
Don't need a credit card to ride this train
It's strong and it's sudden and it's cruel sometimes
But it might just save your life

THATS THE POWER OF LOVE
Jun 4, 2011 3:11 PM

Dec 2009
By the power of the Friendship I'll win...

I was expecting Laxus to take over Erza. Still, not angry nor happy.
Jun 4, 2011 4:57 PM

Jul 2009
Is it me or has Fairy Tail become really cheesy and cliched lately...
Jun 4, 2011 5:32 PM

Feb 2008
too tacky and stereotypical. this kind of development has been so overused its too annoying.

"with the help of everyone remotely i will destroy my enemy".....what a load of crap.

oo i psychically heard the voice of my lover who is in prison encouraging me to hold on.....a load of crap.
Jun 4, 2011 5:38 PM

Jan 2009
vindemon64 said:

When has he ever been, though?
Jun 4, 2011 6:41 PM
Oct 2009
Wow everyone is hating on Mashima today! If you don't like his series, why are you reading it? Of course it's not 100% original. How many series are these days? I think he's doing well!

I also am surprised at the number of people hating on Gerard and praising Laxus. Gerard did a lot of bad things, but he was possessed at the time, he wouldn't have done any of those things without being possessed. Laxus, on the other hand, tried to kill all he deemed as weak in Fairy Tail, was happy when he heard his grandfather was dying because he could take over, endangered all of the civilians of Magnolia with his battle of fairy tail, and used fairy law, which could very well have killed everyone in the city. He didn't do this under anyone's influence but his own. But he's deemed good while Gerard is evil? I thought the ending of the Laxus arc was cheesy. Out of nowhere he suddenly realises that his murderous rampage was wrong. "oh wait, I actually love everybody!" He got all teary, but does this really make up for all the damage he caused?
If Laxus does appear again, which I'm sure he will, it will likely not be in this arc, but whenever they deal with Ivan. In the manga, it was revealed long ago that he wants Laxus' dragon lacrima. So he'll be back then. If he does show up in this arc, it is likely to happen against Hades.

No series is completely original. Pretty much all shonen series have the heroes being beaten to near death, then suddenly getting up and attacking their hardly-wounded enemies and killing them in one blow. This does get annoying, but it pretty much comes with the genre.

Bringing Gerard back in my mind opens up more possibilities, and potentially a happy ending for Erza.
They are thus far really the only romance in the series. And I personally think it's done well.
Yes, being helped by all of her friends is a bit cliche, but it's not like they were going to kill her off.

The only issue I had with this chapter is Erza's denial of hearing Gerard, because to me it's like she's given up.
So I'll be the only one yet to say: Keep up the good work, Mashima!
Jun 4, 2011 7:04 PM

Oct 2008
As much as I enjoyed the chapter, I feel a little disappointed as it felt extremely shorter compared to usual!

Gerard and Erza have such an amazing connection, pity about him having been a baddie, they would be both a sweet couple and a kickass team!
Jun 4, 2011 8:59 PM

Feb 2010
Galactic_Kitten said:

Bringing Gerard back in my mind opens up more possibilities, and potentially a happy ending for Erza.
They are thus far really the only romance in the series. And I personally think it's done well.

*double thumbs up*
Jun 4, 2011 9:48 PM

May 2011
Chapter was ok. Glad to see Erza won her fight and it was cool how Azuma went down smiling (maybe he's a D from One Piece lol ^^)

Gerard was awsome, never hated him and hope he makes a comeback soon.
For people complaining about cliche or badly done develeopment go read Mashima's First manga Groove Adventure Rave (A.K.A. Rave Master) it is more plot and development based and shares many similar qualities as Fairy Tail. Better story imo by far.

Fairy Tail I read for some mindless brawling and flashy attacks and characters. Laxus is the flashiest of all lol, he better return soon.
Not expecting much story but if it picks up, that's just a bonus.
Kayaba-Jun 4, 2011 9:56 PM
Jun 4, 2011 11:37 PM
Mar 2010
Galactic_Kitten said:
Wow everyone is hating on Mashima today! If you don't like his series, why are you reading it? Of course it's not 100% original. How many series are these days? I think he's doing well!

No series is completely original. Pretty much all shonen series have the heroes being beaten to near death, then suddenly getting up and attacking their hardly-wounded enemies and killing them in one blow. This does get annoying, but it pretty much comes with the genre.

Not all shonen do this, all bad shonen with uncreative writers do this. Good shonen like One Piece, Yu Yu Hakusho, and yea even Bleach and Naruto, don't do it on nearly the level Fairy Tail does. And in those even when the hero is horribly beaten and should have lost, they actually win by doing something clever not just using "the power of friendship". (I say usually because they do still fall victim to this, just not nearly as much as Fairy Tail where it happens in the majority of challenging fights. I wasn't expecting anything more from this chapter, but I was really hoping that for once Mashima could've exceeded my expectations. Fairy Tail will never be more then an overall decent, but ultimatley cliched, uncreative (fightwise), and dissapointing typical shonen manga.
mundoSep 18, 2011 3:38 PM
Jun 5, 2011 6:02 AM

Dec 2009
Nice chapter , cuz it's shounen at the end , and yes ( ERZA Kicks The sucker ass at last =D ) ...
Jun 5, 2011 6:07 AM

Dec 2009
Galactic_Kitten said:

Agreed 100% =D , most of shonen series are the same at this point ,
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 310 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kanic - Nov 30, 2012

82 by aoo-kun »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 306 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

azeriraz - Nov 1, 2012

111 by aoo-kun »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 302 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

SilentTruth - Oct 4, 2012

105 by aoo-kun »»
Yesterday, 5:31 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 298 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Azokrad - Sep 7, 2012

242 by aoo-kun »»
May 13, 3:05 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 297 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

azeriraz - Aug 31, 2012

284 by aoo-kun »»
May 12, 10:28 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.