Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
Jun 10, 2020 4:54 PM

May 2020
Damn this episode was good. Jinta messed up with Anaru :( seeing her cry like that T_T. And finally Menma showed the whole group that she is indeed there. That whole scene had a lot of build up and with the outro, it just hit hard!
Jul 3, 2020 11:30 AM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Why does the show keep insisting on the "you guys have all changed, but not really" thing over and over again? What is with the convenient timing that Menma appears near somebody talking about important plot details that fills her in on what's going on? Why the hell did Menma not make these phone calls or diary entries earlier? Was it only so we can see the characters accuse Jinta of faking stuff again and again?
Why can I not see this anime in the kind of light that most people here can? Am I just the only one who's starting to dislike this anime or something lol
Aug 27, 2020 12:31 PM
Oct 2019
Good episode. Emotional.

But man, why couldn't they just do something like that diary scene from the start?
Aug 27, 2020 10:54 PM

Sep 2013
HagePotPotato said:
Good episode. Emotional.

But man, why couldn't they just do something like that diary scene from the start?

I really want to know this as well. I honestly feel like it was just for plot convenience. I even wondered about her physically doing things like making and eating food through all the earlier episodes. Like, if that wasn't in his head, he could just have them stop over to confirm that they see things moving. Was he scared he was crazy?

Oct 14, 2020 12:38 AM

Jun 2020
It was really frustrating that we had to wait for 8 episodes for Menma to actually show everyone (besides Jintan of course) that she exists in some form at the moment.
Have a great day!

Dec 20, 2020 7:24 AM

May 2020
FUCK I DIDNT EVEN CRY ON THIS ANIME AND THEN THE LAST SCENE HITS ON THIS EPISODE
Jan 13, 2021 7:09 PM

Jan 2020
FINALLY THE REVEAL.
(she could've just picked up a cup and showed them proof. dunno why it took so long).

hopefully the anime won't get too rushed with only 3 episodes left.
great episode though~
Jan 17, 2021 10:13 AM

Feb 2019
Goosebumps. That's one word I can use to describe this entire episode.

It seems Menma's mother never recovered from Menma's death. She practically broke down in front of the gang.

I started getting goosebumps when Tsuruko called Yukiatsu because she got a silent call, and then Yukiatsu himself got a silent call.

But that ending scene... that was something else. I got goosebumps ALL over, and they stayed there until the end. Menma's finally shown her existence to the others. Finally, not just Jintan and Poppo believe that she's here. Everyone believes. Finally, Jintan won't be ostracised anymore for it. Menma's finally revealed herself to them all...

I can't stop watching at this point.
Mar 15, 2021 1:59 AM

Apr 2017
Finally, I can't believe this took so long to happen.
cunnysseur
May 10, 2021 12:45 AM

Dec 2020
that first half capturing how menma's family is after her passing was great. her mom still not being able to believe it, hating the group for it. and her brother isn't treated as if he's a son after that.

for some reason i could not hold my tears near the end, when yukiatsu started to cry god knows why i also started to cry. only a few tears came out but i couldn't hold it for some reason
Mar 19, 2022 11:10 PM
Jul 2020
I cried, like alot alot
Jun 15, 2022 9:20 AM
Apr 2022
Wow, she finally picked up something.
She FINALLY shown her existence.
Jul 3, 2022 7:04 PM

Jun 2020
Even Menma has realized the obvious thing to do is prove that she's actually there lol
Aug 8, 2022 6:46 AM

Dec 2007
heavy episode around. while i truly love the plot for the series, i felt some of the drama little forced.

menma's mother for hating them, and being obsessed for her daughter over her son, is understandable, but felt little unrealistic. lol

finally, i waited for menma to do something to make everyone to notice her. she could done that long time ago. that's why i felt that this whole "is menma's really hunting you" drama little dragged. why this should happen now at episode 8 when it could happened in episode 3? lol

hope for jintan and anjarou to be together :P
Aug 13, 2022 2:59 PM

Apr 2019
it really took 8 episodes for her to do something damnnnn

hoping jintan and anaru get together
Aug 14, 2022 4:56 PM
Aug 2022
Good ending.....
Oct 7, 2022 7:00 AM
Sep 2022
It was pretty good, really emotional.
Dec 9, 2022 9:06 PM
Dec 2020
For a short anime, Anohana has a really slow pacing. It's pretty good tho
Mar 1, 2023 3:50 PM

Jun 2020
The plot hole to end all plot holes is finally closed before it threatens to engulf the known universe with it's sheer magnitude.

Earlier Menma was crying her eyes out when Poppo was on the verge of tears desperately was calling out to her. A hug at that time would have meant the world to him but for some reason she did nothing. All she had to do was touch him, and it's not like this was some sort of taboo since even before that she had already grabbed his neck in the secret base. We've established she can write; we've established she can interact with objects; we've established people can feel her touching them; why won't she make herself known?

It really upsets her to see her friends sad but she is more that capable of giving them comfort and solving all their fights but for some as-yet-unknown reason she chooses not to.

They've got three episodes to patch together an explanation for this and it had better be bloody good.
BritishBlitz87Mar 1, 2023 6:37 PM
Old is Gold

"Look, look, we can do spinning shots without wasting our entire budget"
"Did you see? Look, it's all smooth and everything !"
"You're not looking, please, it's SO AWESOME LOOK AT HOW SPINNY IT IS!!!!"

- All anime animators since the invention of CGI.
May 30, 2023 4:38 AM
Dec 2018
By now, I know it's too late for them to have a reasonable explanation for Menma's actions
Jul 27, 2023 7:25 AM
May 2023
It was kinda mid at first but i think its growing on me
Dec 14, 2023 5:50 PM

Aug 2023
the finale of this episode tho... interesting way how menma communicate with the others...

こんにちは!私の名前はマルハザクです! こんにちは!私の名前はマルハザクです!
Apr 23, 6:26 AM

Apr 2024
MENMA SHOWING A SIGN OF HERSELF EXISTING!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Although I question why not any, but any sign that she actually exists and that the group aren't going insane is a good thing.
8 hours ago
Jan 2024
there was a very good part on the end and in between there was symbolic representation of parent love good one
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 9, 2011

328 by Grimenio »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 19, 2011

218 by Grimenio »»
May 4, 2:10 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - May 5, 2011

389 by Grimenio »»
Apr 30, 10:52 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

xity - Apr 28, 2011

319 by Grimenio »»
Apr 28, 8:34 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 23, 2011

1236 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 8:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.