Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 2011 11:55 AM

Mar 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Don't know what to say. The last episode was interesting, but I expected something different. I'm a bit dissapointed. It doesn't affect my opinion on the series though. I deffinitely watch the third season of "Uchuu Senkan Yamato"
Oct 5, 2012 1:48 PM

Feb 2012
The ending was too much of a deus ex machina for me, although I did expect something like that based on the ending of the first season. I enjoyed the middle of the season quite a bit but the beginning didn't make that much sense and the ending didn't grab my interest as much as the first season overall did.
Jan 3, 2013 10:09 PM

May 2010
I think this was easily better than the first season. Much better animation, direction, and writing, even if the plot was a bit repetitive. The ending was like one ass-pull followed by a counter-ass-pull, thus negating it and letting us pretend that it was the Yamato that saved the day. Maybe. Or else I'm just being too nice ;)
“Money can't buy dere”
Mar 20, 2013 10:30 AM

Oct 2008
The story and animation are certainly better in this season. The conclusion was a bit sloppy, but not nearly as sloppy as the end of season 1.
Season 1 = 6/10 Season 2 = 7/10
Jun 15, 2013 3:59 AM

Jan 2012
This kind of endings seem to be the norm for Leiji, having watched Harlock and Yamato beforehand I kinda expected it. I liked this one better than the first season, mainly for the story since I normally can't tell differences in animation. I wanted some kind of epilogue but I guess I'll watch season 3 for that.
Dec 31, 2013 4:54 PM
Nov 2013
I didn't think it was as good as the 1st season, still above average given the era this was aired in so I would give it a 7/10. I'll start to watch season 3 soon, hoping that it is at the very least the equal of season 2 as I would hate to see a show that had a 9/10 in my opinion with season 1 slide even further. I have heard though that there are major continuity problems with season 3 as it contradicts the movies (which were never dubbed) and such with the English version Star Blazers.
Jan 31, 2014 9:11 AM

Oct 2009
EZSPECIAL said:
This kind of endings seem to be the norm for Leiji, having watched Harlock and Yamato beforehand I kinda expected it.

I was confused by Harlock's ending, too

EZSPECIAL said:
I liked this one better than the first season, mainly for the story since I normally can't tell differences in animation.

I don't even know which one I liked better... Both were okay, I guess
But I'll consider this season and sequels as alternative version, not the film Farewell to Space Battleship Yamato

EZSPECIAL said:
I wanted some kind of epilogue but I guess I'll watch season 3 for that.

You should watch two films before that
SerhiykoJan 31, 2014 8:58 PM
Aug 19, 2015 2:12 PM

May 2012
Teresa saves the day! Pretty damn epic if you ask me. This season compared to the first season was perhaps a bit less, but still contained lots of great action and development which I really loved, and with such an ending I just can deny it that this second season also was totally epic!

I'm really looking forward to see what the third season and alternative movies will offer me!
Jan 5, 2020 11:04 AM

Nov 2017
I really enjoyed Series 1 more, but the last six episodes of 2 made it worth it. I didn't really care much for how the battle concluded, but it did feel very Matsumoto-ish so I guess it was expected.

Should I even bother watching the film this was adapted from?

On to the TV special!
Jun 17, 2020 8:10 AM
May 2019
Oh my, these past three episodes were quite interesting. I am actually much happier with the conclusion of this season, compared to the first one. Glad they figured a better solution for making a character reappear on the stage rather than to just make them 'unconscious'. Anyway, I have some complaints about this season, hence as to why I thought the first season was better. The characters definitely feel more likable, but it starts rather slow, and they pretty much just reused the entire OST from the first season. The OST was already good as it was, but I'd like something new as well. Overall, it's a decent sequel, and not as bad as I was expecting it to be.
Jul 5, 2021 1:46 PM

Jun 2015
I feel that I have enjoyed this season more than the first one. Maybe it's childhood nostalgia.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Nov 2, 2022 5:27 PM
Ninja Consultant

Mar 2022
The ending was pretty abrupt, and it was very deus ex machina. Kinda makes you wonder why Teresa didn't destroy the Comet Empire before they caused so much death and destruction on Earth and the Yamato.

Was absolutely shocked at the number of relatively major character deaths. Even Tokugawa has died. Not many of the original crew remaining at all.
Hope Sado's kitten made it out alive.

I would have liked a final scene of Kodai and Yuki returning to earth and being reunited with the other survivors, but alas. Overall I thought the series was very good, if not quite up to the level of the original. Will definitely watch the third series, though, and I'm glad I finally sat down to watch this.
Beep boop

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2 Episode 18 Discussion

Serhiyko - Jan 27, 2014

3 by Cosplay_Joe »»
Apr 20, 2023 7:31 PM

Poll: » Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2 Episode 25 Discussion

Feorg - Oct 5, 2012

5 by JaceyFox »»
Nov 2, 2022 5:24 PM

Poll: » Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2 Episode 24 Discussion

EZSPECIAL - Jun 15, 2013

3 by JaceyFox »»
Nov 2, 2022 5:19 PM

Poll: » Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2 Episode 23 Discussion

EZSPECIAL - Jun 14, 2013

2 by JaceyFox »»
Nov 2, 2022 6:09 AM

Poll: » Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2 Episode 21 Discussion

Minorun-run - May 27, 2011

4 by JaceyFox »»
Nov 2, 2022 1:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.