Forum Settings
Forums
The Ghost in the Shell
Available on Manga Store
New
May 26, 2011 2:17 AM
Aug 2010
I read in some forum that there isn't an official censored version of Ghost in the Shell. But, probably there is some fansub downloadable version that is, does anybody know of such a thing? Of course, censoring concerns the explicit nudity.
May 26, 2011 2:43 AM

Sep 2009
I don't understand. You actually want a censored version? I guess someone somewhere might have done it, but I don't really see the point in going through a lot of trouble to find a censored version. You could always do it yourself if you can't find it anywhere though. Shouldn't be that hard if you use Sony Vegas or another video editor.
May 26, 2011 3:13 AM

Mar 2011
censor it by closing your eyes? x3
"The view from the bottom of a well may not be much, but you can see the sky and the stars really well. My world is small, but since I'm looking up at space night after night, you could say I'm a frog on a universal scale. When you gaze up at space all alone like that, the back of your mind goes quiet, and you feel as though you've gained an extraordinary amount of wisdom."
May 26, 2011 4:58 AM
Aug 2010
I actually don't really care, but the matter is my social environment, I live in a moral family. I and my brothers like shows with mature plots, both anime and live action movies. But most anime is very childish, while Ghost in the Shell seems to totally stand out of that, being very rare and unique in the world of anime. I'm therefore considering watching it with them, but the full nudity is just rejected over here. So, I have to watch it alone in private or find a solution. Luckily, I've received an old version of Adobe Premier Elements with one of our graphics cards, I can censor on my own if I ever decide to show it to them. I guess it's my only choice, huh?! Thanks for answering!
May 28, 2011 2:36 PM
Aug 2010
Here's another question: do any other works from the series contain such full nudity as in the original movie? Back nudity is less unacceptable, but it still counts.
Jun 15, 2011 12:34 AM

Sep 2009
SinanDira said:
Here's another question: do any other works from the series contain such full nudity as in the original movie? Back nudity is less unacceptable, but it still counts.

I want to say the Stand Alone Complex series don't have nudity in them....but something is nagging on me that says I'm wrong.

P.S: Where do you live that has such a culture against nudity? If you don't mind my asking.
Sep 11, 2011 5:52 PM
Aug 2010
Thank you for the info!

Sabinlerose said:

P.S: Where do you live that has such a culture against nudity? If you don't mind my asking.

It's not a culture, it's a law forced by religion. I live in Saudi, within a strictly moral Muslim family.
Sep 28, 2011 10:52 PM
Aug 2011
SinanDira said:
Thank you for the info!

Sabinlerose said:

It's not a culture, it's a law forced by religion. I live in Saudi, within a strictly moral Muslim family.

If that is the case, you may not want to watch the original Ghost in the Shell. The philosophy is very much Buddhist, and there is quite a bit of nudity. No censored version of the original is available to my knowledge. Innocence, the sequel doesn't have the nudity the first movie has and you can watch it without seeing the first movie. The SAC series doesn't have any nudity to it, but does have a lot of revealing costumes. Hope this helps you out a bit.

More topics from this board

» How do you describe Motoko Kusanagi's dilemma?

Mehwish_999 - Apr 23

2 by AkiraMiyazaki17 »»
Apr 24, 4:08 AM

Poll: » Ghost in the Shell Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

naikou - Jan 29, 2009

166 by notalai »»
Apr 8, 12:04 AM

» How bad are the Ghost in the Shell Blu Rays?

JiffyBone - Mar 12, 2018

8 by Seiidou »»
Aug 6, 2023 8:51 PM

» The Original Movie Was Better

Densel_ - Nov 13, 2022

10 by Densel_ »»
May 7, 2023 9:49 PM

» Canon story watch order?

WeebiBOY - Jan 21, 2023

4 by giffica »»
Jan 21, 2023 4:58 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.