Forum Settings
Forums

New Higurashi no Naku Koro ni OVA Announced

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Mar 27, 2011 2:23 PM

Jan 2009
YES!!!
I Love Higurashi! Can't wait to watch this!
Anata wa kyou de Mayuyu oshi! - "Team B Oshi" from Team B 5th Stage "Theater no megami"
Mar 28, 2011 7:30 PM
Oct 2010
Will Satoshi and Keiichi finally meet?
Mar 28, 2011 7:36 PM

Feb 2010
junmisugi84 said:
No, now 'you' listen to me, 'IDIOT'. They don't 'say any more' in Rei anyways. It's just a 'Fan Disc' for entertainment. It's not the third season or anything. Got it? Idk if you've read the visual novels but if you haven't... Then I don't need to say more.

Hey asshole, I simply expressed my opinion on what I believe. And no, not having read the visual novel does not disqualify from stating my opinion on the ANIME. Please quit with your elitist attitude.
Mar 28, 2011 8:03 PM
Oct 2010
skutieos said:
junmisugi84 said:
No, now 'you' listen to me, 'IDIOT'. They don't 'say any more' in Rei anyways. It's just a 'Fan Disc' for entertainment. It's not the third season or anything. Got it? Idk if you've read the visual novels but if you haven't... Then I don't need to say more.

Hey asshole, I simply expressed my opinion on what I believe. And no, not having read the visual novel does not disqualify from stating my opinion on the ANIME. Please quit with your elitist attitude.
skutieos said:
junmisugi84 said:

Skutieos, Jummi is just a troll.
Mar 28, 2011 8:16 PM

Oct 2009
junmisugi84 said:
memorieswithin said:
=D
I hate how OVA episodes are so spread out though.

How so? :)
Kira OVA has 4 episodes and they go from Jul 21, 2011 to Jan 25, 2012. No one wants to wait 2 or so months between each episode...
Mar 28, 2011 10:52 PM
Oct 2010
junmisugi84 said:
@Sereniama

Who the fuck are you, bitch? :) Tell me, why am I a troll? You don't know any fuck about Higurashi and just bitchin'. He is an idiot because he doesn't even know Rei is not the 3rd season. I just wanted to tell this. I don't give a damn whether he reads it or not. It's his choice. But fuckin brats better shut up if they know nothing about Higurashi storyline, arcs and lots of things about it. Higurashi is not only an anime, ok? You bitches are here to talk about Rei or Kira? Who is a troll, huh? :) Just get the fuck out of here and bash Rei somewhere else. If I was really an elitist, then I wouldn't waste my precious time with you shitty brats. Go watch Pokémon or sth. Higurashi is not for you. ^^
umad?

I saw Higurashi and Umineko, so watch it man.
Mar 29, 2011 11:14 AM

Dec 2010
Happy face!
Mar 29, 2011 3:51 PM

Apr 2010
Hopefully there's no silly one episode stories like Rei. I'll be looking forward to this.
Mar 29, 2011 5:11 PM

Jul 2010
Unexpected and great news! I thought Higurashi is over completely, but it was wrong thoughts.

What it would be? If not a humourous fillers, then maybe another, 'unreleased' iteration withing that hundred of years. Or, what is more interesting, some new adventure of Rika or other kids, probably related to the virus.
Mar 30, 2011 1:53 PM

Oct 2009
I'm so excited for this! It's gonna be a painful wait for each episode though. ^^;
Mar 30, 2011 5:08 PM
Jan 2011
YEEEEY! Can't wait for July. I want more higurashi (:
Apr 1, 2011 4:14 AM

Aug 2010
Kira = Glitter. damn.
Apr 2, 2011 6:14 PM
Oct 2008
junmisugi84 said:
Wha? :) Check my profile, I watched them long time ago, unlike you, who watched Umineko 8 hours ago. :)

Yes, you 'saw' them. But I doubt you understand the plot. That's why I'm saying the visual novels 'should' be read.

Wtf, are you a joke? :) Who is the troll here? :) Are you here just to insult me?

And @skutieos, couldn't you 'express' your opinions without using harsh remarks? Who started all this 'IDIOT' thing? I'm not here to fight. It's KIRA topic, right? Not Rei Haters place. You may not like it, I like it, so what? What annoyed me was your insults. So please let's stop this childish discussion.

Wow I love how on this website most people find something stupid to argue with every news update ^_^

junmisugi84 said:
xD I think you are another idiot. ^^ Umineko is not pointless. It's the most genius thing ever. Just read the vn, otherwise, shut the hell up. Much more complex than Higurashi and just because you didn't get it, it's not a trash.]

... something stupid every single time
Apr 3, 2011 3:10 PM

Jul 2007
seishi-sama said:
synaesthesia said:
I'll watch if it's not just some random filler crap.

Wait...isn't the whole Higurashi series a random filler crap? I mean, this whole concept has an infinite possibilities for producing millions of unrelated arcs, but fanboys would still keep saying there's some extremely clever plot in there.

Im kind of thinking the apposite of what you said. I get fed up about so many "manga fanboys" that consider everything that is unrelated to the manga, "crap". Its ironic because i bet if some one didn't know they were watching filler, in this case, "higurashi no naka koro nii" they would have a whole different outlook on the series.

Personally i didn't think the first season was filler, because each short story was done very well in that series even though it was in a episodic format.

People they rate stuff poorly just for the fact that it is filler, needs to have more of an open mind to things. Mai hime was basely all filler as well, it had nothing to do with the manga, but the anime adaptation was much better then the manga in my opinion.

Full metal alchemist which apparently "used" to be one of the greater series has fallen in ratings just because they finally adapted the manga counterpart, "brotherhood" which apparently is much greater. Personally i think Studio bones success in creating the FMA anime, was actually done better then brotherhood in some ways. Yet people are giving it lower scores now cause there comparing it to the manga and how its unrelated. I tell you people these days, need to stop having the "if its not manga, then it sucks" attitude.

I will agree that some filler is horrible of course. But ive seen how the fanbase on series have changed drastically.
ArtimesGamerApr 3, 2011 3:19 PM

Apr 3, 2011 9:37 PM

Jul 2007
junmisugi84 said:
Agreed. But;

Higurashi is not a manga adaptation. Also, there is not any filler episode in the anime first season. Higurashi Kai's (anime) first episode (SaiKai) is filler. The arc (Yakusamashi-hen) after that episode is kind of filler. But not exactly. It is the compilation of some parts of some arcs in the vn. Kai (anime) ending (Bernkastel & Miyoko scene) is filler, too. And, Rei is not filler.

That is mostly why im not much of a manga reader. It ruins the over all enjoyment of watching anime because im trying to compare every little detail to the manga. I do read some manga, but mostly on going manga series that are never adapted. Or like in the case of full metal panic, ill read beyond what has already been adapted because im curious as to how the story will finish. Or like D gray man, which we all know is probably never going to get an anime adapatation any time soon so ill read that. But in most cases, i watch anime, then read manga.

In away it kind of tricks your mind up and you end up giving something low scores because your not really focusing on the story at hand as much cause always thinking that the manga is superior. When i give ratings on shows, i give them based on the anime only. Then ill read the manga and go back and say oh yeah that is definitely better, but what i don;t contradict my self in changing the ratings just because i read the manga afterwards.

Yeah thats what i thought, glad i was correct. The first season just felt like it so well put together as far as story and character development.
ArtimesGamerApr 3, 2011 9:42 PM

Apr 4, 2011 6:48 AM
Nov 2009
New OVA series? Nice...
Apr 4, 2011 12:53 PM

Aug 2009
Wow junmisugi84, you are really being a gigantic faggot. What's wrong with people giving their opinion on Higurashi and Umineko's anime and VN? There's no need to attack them and act like a 14 year old 'cause their opinions differ from yours.

And stop triple or quadruple posting. There's an edit button, y'know.
Apr 4, 2011 1:16 PM

Sep 2009
If this is going to be anything like the first season:
Apr 5, 2011 4:41 AM

Apr 2008
^Lol xD
------------

This going to be so nice :D

Apr 5, 2011 7:01 AM

Aug 2009
More insanity puriizu.
Apr 10, 2011 7:04 AM

Nov 2010
woa, new OVA!!!?? greaaaat!!!! My favourite anime!!! XD
Apr 10, 2011 2:04 PM

Jun 2010
MOAR HIGURASHI! 8DDDDD

Why do people trust each other?
In the end, you're on your own.
Apr 11, 2011 2:57 AM

Apr 2008
Sweet! I need me some moar Higurashi! :D

Apr 15, 2011 8:08 AM

Sep 2008
I'm sure this wont be any good. Like that OTHER 4 episode OVA.
Apr 17, 2011 9:22 PM

Jun 2010
junmisugi84 said:
Agreed. But;

Higurashi is not a manga adaptation. Also, there is not any filler episode in the anime first season. Higurashi Kai's (anime) first episode (SaiKai) is filler. The arc (Yakusamashi-hen) after that episode is kind of filler. But not exactly. It is the compilation of some parts of some arcs in the vn. Kai (anime) ending (Bernkastel & Miyoko scene) is filler, too. And, Rei is not filler.

Actually, I don't think that scene with Bernkastel and Miyoko is a filler. Until about 5 minutes ago I thought it was. I just found this when I went back to Matsuribayashi. In the Matsuribayashi arc of the Visual novel, After you play through it once (And have a saved game file at the point where "all" of the pieces are unlocked (Without continuing yet)) there is a 52nd piece (AFTER the Akasaka one) where it shows the scene with Bernkastel asking Miyoko if she wants to live or to die.

So, believe it or not, but the scene with Bernkastel and Miyoko is canon.
Apr 18, 2011 1:35 AM

Jun 2010
Goodie~ more Higurashi!
Apr 18, 2011 5:04 AM
Dec 2009
Sounds worth watching!
Shuck Face / Slinthead!
Apr 18, 2011 9:04 AM

Apr 2010
The last OVA was terrible so i hope this one is better.
Apr 18, 2011 3:35 PM

Jun 2010
No problem! I found it by accident, so I didn't know it was cannon until I decided to re-read the 51st piece, and lo and behold, there was an extra one.
Zfish9Apr 18, 2011 9:30 PM
Apr 19, 2011 2:00 AM

Jul 2009
more Higurashi FTW :)
Apr 19, 2011 3:20 AM

Jul 2010
Higurashi.... One of the two series (The other being Death Note) that brought me back into the Anime Scene after and long Hiatus from the days I used to watch Naruto. Hope it turns out great!
Will you be able to do.... what must be done?

Apr 20, 2011 11:44 AM

Jul 2009
Oh sweet hell thank you. new Ova ^3^. Can't wait for it (hopes for insanity and more Rika)
Apr 23, 2011 3:09 AM

Jun 2010
omg...can't say i'm too excited, after seeing Rei...though there were funny parts, it was a waste of time really. if anything they should animate Kokoroiyashi-hen or Umineko Episode X. (Don't think it's finished, though :/)
I would prefer it if they would animate Chiru. I guess I'll just have to buy the Vns. I have the first four arcs to Higurashi...I need to ge the answer arcs and the Umineko Vns...I'm not really looking forward to the animation itself, either. as well as it improved, it still sucked in Rei. They should've animated it with the care they used in Samurai X: Trust & Betrayal. That was brilliant animation, there. 'Frickin bones should've animated Higurashi and Umineko. Think of the improvements.
Oh well. Guess I'll have to look forward to this.
"If you can't Inspire the World with Intellengence,
Baffle them with your Bullshit."
Apr 27, 2011 6:25 AM

Nov 2010
scabab said:
The last OVA was terrible so i hope this one is better.

terrible, really?
it helped alot towards the plot bye answering some quetions but also making others, just what higurashi is good for.
sure it lacked gore but it was still a good OVA
Apr 29, 2011 9:20 AM

Oct 2009
Apr 30, 2011 10:49 AM
Jul 2018
RedKey said:
New PV for Kira! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pd3bkYbZ-8

That's not Higurashi, that's a abomination. . . .
Apr 30, 2011 2:28 PM

Nov 2008
KillerYandere said:
RedKey said:

That's not Higurashi, that's a abomination. . . .

Well its the 10th year anniversary of Higurashi... So i was guessing it will be like that.. I dont mind some Moe and Comedy on Higurashi..
Apr 30, 2011 4:12 PM

Jun 2010
RedKey said:

...I'm hoping that was just the production crew trolling us in that preview, and not the actual anime...

or they deliberately only shown the worst scenes...
Zfish9Apr 30, 2011 4:36 PM
Apr 30, 2011 8:11 PM
Jul 2018
bloodyangelv2 said:
Well its the 10th year anniversary of Higurashi... So i was guessing it will be like that.. I dont mind some Moe and Comedy on Higurashi..

Moe?!?

Look this is the 10th anniversary of Higurashi, a series that is known for anime girls killing people. For it's complicated plot. NOT FOR MOE AND COMEDY.

That trailer is a flat out abomination, and will be a huge slap in the face for fans of the series. THIS IS HIGURASHI, NOT K-ON, NOT LUCKY STAR, NOT SOME MOEBLOB SHIT.

And that vomit-inducing song in the video is the OP, where are the atmospheric, haunting OPs of the previous seasons?

Hell, I disliked Rei, but at least it felt like Higurashi. This thing, when it comes out will not be Higurashi in my opinion and while I may watch it, I'll deny it's existence.

They could have done better for a fucking 10th year anniversary.
Apr 30, 2011 8:45 PM

Feb 2010
Everyone here should know by now that this new OVA thing should be considered filler because Higurashi ended at Kai. Rei helped tie in some slightly loose ends and (kinda) introduce a character for that upcoming Umineko anime. This new one Kira, is pretty much just for fun, they already finished the main plot.
Apr 30, 2011 9:09 PM

Jun 2010
good god people. i know at first i wasn't excited about it..but now i am. because it's the 10th anniversary! come on! be happy there's more! at least they keep the character's personalities in rei, and i hope they will in kira. you guys on my anime list and other forums are being too picky. look, i want some umineko chiru myself but the animation itself is exciting me! besides, the series lacks satoshi and i have a feeling they'll touch into his relationship with shion, and i'm excited to see something like that. think of it like this: higurashi wasn't just blood and gore. it was a struggle through an endless labrynth. and learning to trust your friends. as cliche as it sounds, higurashi touched that in the right way. and ya know what else? i think rika, satoko, keiichi, shion, hanyuu, mion, and satoshi deserve the happy world. i want to see more of that in kira. the fans deserve to see the characters of what they are besides the insane gore and paranoid accusations. the characters were more than that. you people that are tuning in just because of the gore, your not enjoying higurashi to it's fullest, and you're not enjoying the characters-which i think were put into deep thought. Ryukishi did well with this. let's just hope the ova shows some more of those characteristics the anime left out to make time for the main plot. 'cause i sure as hell think they have way more personality in the vns. you guys get the point, right? diss it, critisize it, whatever...after it's been released and you've honestly watched it. you can't judge because of previews. and besides, it's just for flippin fun. it's not going to ruin higurashi. because what makes higurashi is not the gore, no, but the characters. you guys should be vomiting happy tears (satoshi fangirls especially!)
we're lucky we're getting anything. they could just abandon chiru, and leave higurashi as it is. at least like this if they don't animate chiru, we'll have more higurashi to enjoy. if your gonna be picky, go to another fanbase or anime or whatever. especially if you think higurashi's gonna be ruined.
May 1, 2011 4:36 PM

Oct 2010
Im still super excited for Kira, even though the PV wasn't so great. But im happy Satochi is returning! XDDDDDDd
Also, i heard that the scenes they showed are only from the 1st episode so let's rejoice as we hope to expect more from the other 3.
It would be nice if Rika metioned Bern-chan again, so we could maybe see a little more of how the 2 stories are connected. :3
May 1, 2011 5:52 PM
Oct 2008
RedKey said:

... seriously? ...
May 1, 2011 6:47 PM

Oct 2010
RedKey said:

WTF happened to the art?
May 2, 2011 1:48 AM

Jul 2010
Even if I'm a big fan of Higurashi I really don't want to watch it! Looks horrible.
May 2, 2011 1:57 AM

Jan 2008
Lefake said:
RedKey said:

WTF happened to the art?

THIS
May 2, 2011 1:53 PM

Jun 2010
You guys that are dissing this series aren't really fans-true fans would wait patiently, watch, enjoy the time and effort spent into the series, enjoy the bgm, ENJOY THE CHARACTERS, and THEN JUDGE THE SERIES.
It hasn't come out yet. Those who are judging the series now-you're fucktards. Get out of the fanbase. As for the true fans that are excited, REJOICE! Satoshi's back...and Keiichi get's to meet the nigga. Be frickin' shitting happiness, assholes.
May 2, 2011 5:39 PM

Oct 2007
RedKey said:

Is that Satoshi in the end? WTF?!
May 3, 2011 7:43 PM
Sep 2010
cant...wait. must...see. MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. please?
my favorite.
May 4, 2011 12:09 PM

Jun 2010
SurfaceoftheMoon said:
You guys that are dissing this series aren't really fans-true fans would wait patiently, watch, enjoy the time and effort spent into the series, enjoy the bgm, ENJOY THE CHARACTERS, and THEN JUDGE THE SERIES.
It hasn't come out yet. Those who are judging the series now-you're fucktards. Get out of the fanbase. As for the true fans that are excited, REJOICE! Satoshi's back...and Keiichi get's to meet the nigga. Be frickin' shitting happiness, assholes.

We're just venting on how it isn't what we expected. We were hoping for something closer to Kai (I am well aware that (almost) all the mysteries are solved, so not much can be done to make it feel more like Kai.) rather than something on the opposite end of the spectrum.

Once it comes out, many of us will stop ranting about it (although it might take until the second episode if the clips in the Pv were only from the first episode).
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» 'One Piece' Anime Gets Remake by WIT Studio ( 1 2 )

Hyperion_PS - Dec 17, 2023

81 by ExtremeT »»
52 minutes ago

» Manga 'Oniichan wa Oshimai!' Gets TV Anime

Vindstot - Apr 21, 2022

44 by Lenoksu »»
6 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 11 hours ago

4 by yamiyugi101 »»
7 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
9 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.