Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 15, 2012 4:08 PM

Jul 2009
damn Robeta is a beast O______O

she literraly destroyed Shenua's sword .____.

poor Sawyer, her chainsaw got broke T____T

i was hoping Lotton would put up a fight!!!

he got cheated!!!!!

Roberta is just brutal >_____<

the chang vs balalaika flashback was good!!!

wish they added more scenes, it seems there's alot more they had discussed that event.

so that's how Balalaika owed Dutch :P

waaaaaa Revy and Shenua got shot in the arm T______T

i hope they are okay :P

pretty cold how Rock just flat out said to her that he doesn't need her in the next phase despite the fact he wanted her along in the beginning.

so that's why balalaika got booted out??

she help an innocent standby???

Roberta as deadly as ever!!!!!!!

while i kinda like Rock a bit here, he's still a douchebag from the very first season. stop trying to act cool all of a sudden, your not that big of a hotshot.

ohhh noooooo only the last episode left :(

i wish they animate more manga scenes, i read it's still being hiatus after 2 years now???

any chance they would continue this???

i could see how Madhouse had alot of trouble animating Hellsing Ultimate, since there are also taking care of this fine masterpiece, it's hard to juggle two masterpieces at a time.

please please please don't kill Roberta T________T

i can't wait what happens next!!!!!

i freaking love Black Lagoon :)
SomaHeirAug 15, 2012 4:14 PM
Sep 20, 2012 11:26 AM

Sep 2012
Damn. Why Rock didn't play the evil mastermind in the 24 previous episode ? He's so badass right now.

And Roberta is a beast, so much great in these OVA.
Dec 19, 2012 9:44 AM

Jan 2012
Did she really just destroy a blade with her teeth and survived a direct hit from a rocket launcher? Seriously, that's all I can stand. If this is the best they can come up with then I'm glad there is no season 4. It is frustrating to see an awesome show being ruined like this.

Jul 11, 2013 12:58 AM

Jun 2010
so roberta eats metal ... thats new
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Aug 14, 2013 12:59 PM

Sep 2011
Roberta has totally lost it... and Rock has too.
Oct 8, 2013 7:39 PM

Apr 2012
glad I'm not the only one struggling to grasp the machinations going on. I get the CIA/NSA rivalry thing, Roberta/FARC-Cubans/Soviets/HK Triad kind of but not really, and then there's some others?

Anyway, catching a sword with your teeth then stopping a chainsaw between two guns is heavy Badassness.
Oct 17, 2013 1:38 AM
Jun 2013
What the fuck is Roberta made of? Eating knives and shit. I'm sure she got shot like a million times. Btw loving Rock's 'Sick Fuck' side. Can't wait for the finale! This OVA is actually really good, has good plot. 8.3/10.
Nov 12, 2013 11:07 PM

Mar 2012
Was a good episode, but...I'm not quite sure how I like the supernatural element this OVA series seems to have....I find it relatively hard to believe how many times Roberta's been shot at and nothing has actually hit her yet...I mean...she's only covered in blood because of bashing that guy's face off, so it's not as if those "meds" are pain killers, their just fucking mind blowers. and breaking the blade in half with her teeth, seems like the writers tried to make this OVA a perfect Hellsing tribute or something.

I like the Gray Fox reference from Balalaika....this episode was pretty awesome story development...1 episode to go... I'm going to miss this :(

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Nov 30, 2013 4:00 PM
Jul 2018
Rewatching this again after 2 years in the original series in english dub.(Like nobody cares)The conversation between rock and eda at one point, he ask about the mastermind who rule roanaper.I wonder in the end of this series we'll see the ruler of roanaper.
Jan 7, 2014 3:17 PM
Jul 2012
Great episode.

I have no idea what's Rock going to do next, but damn right through the end, there's going to be hell a lot of smartness he has in store with. If his plan worked, than I he will be one of the best badass characters that risk anything I will ever seen.

And, wow Revu pointed the gun at the green hair lady. Hmm.... nice rivalry tension right there. Mostly, I bet Recy will beat her or something.

Starting to like the ending song. Pretty awesome.

Lol when some people trying to captured Roberta especially the white hair guy. :P

5/5 hope the ending will do great!
Jan 15, 2014 2:43 AM

Jul 2013
Finally!! Rock is.. rocking!! It's just like what they say... quiet and soft-looking people are monsters when they've had enough.. he might be tired of being a pussy..
Feb 4, 2014 9:14 AM

Sep 2013
Roberta broke a blade with her teeth? thats crazy. it looks like Rock has a big plan up his sleeve, can't wait to see what the final episode has in store.
Apr 28, 2014 11:28 PM

Apr 2014
Roberta's resistance is waay too stupid and ridiculous. Breaking an assassin weapon with her teeths… Really ? Surviving an entire army assault ? Really...?
And i don't know, but i can't feel anything for Rock's character development.
The different dialogues were what save this episode for being a very bad one.

Well, let's hope the last episode wash some of the bad taste.
Jul 14, 2014 2:12 PM

Jan 2011
The only real gripe i have is that they sometimes stand in the open for like 5-10 seconds while getting shot by 20 people with assault rifles, and at most they got one bullet in the arm or so.

Basically, dodging all that by jumping 20 stories down onto a boat, while shooting the boat to make it explode and hurl yourself over to the other side of the river (made up, but would fit Black Lagoon, wouldn't it?) is just as unrealistic and impossible, but it doesn't look like, on the contrary, it looks damn awesome. Standing there and nothing happens is just lame.

Besides that..Roberta is crazy. The moment she sees Garcia she's like "want some tea with that?" smling from ear to ear, the moment she switches to bloodhound mode she could make a werewolf tuck his tail just by glaring at it.

And Rock is..well, crazy. Different kind of crazy, but crazy. Does he try to use the Garcia/Roberta case as a way to get rid of quite a lot of different troublemakers aswell as shift the overall balance of power or what? Definitively crazy.
Jul 18, 2014 9:12 PM

Jun 2014
This has got to be the most insane and psychotic OVA ive seen. I honestly dont know how to rate this.
Aug 1, 2014 7:52 AM

Aug 2014
ShenHua, Sawyer VS Roberta < Lotton VS Roberta....
Aug 7, 2014 5:44 PM
Jun 2014
I actually love this OVA just as much as the main series. Roberta has always been practically immortal and this just proves it - hell, it was nice to even see her subjugated last episode since it showed that she isn't perfect. She's more of an escape artist with weapons, but man does she do it well.
Aug 20, 2014 1:56 PM

Nov 2013
Rock is the fucking man now, started to get his shit together.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Dec 20, 2014 9:20 AM

Jan 2013
Mini-maid is right though, Rock is slowly going the way Revy is.
Rock giving the Light Yagami vibe these few episodes.

Great episode.
Mar 13, 2015 6:43 PM

Feb 2015
Rock going insane too?

Wow, did roberta just break asword with her teeth? That's... scary and awesome.

Shame there's only one episode left.
Mar 18, 2015 1:57 AM
Mar 2015
Another solid episode here. Boy was Roberta intense or what? It seems like Rock and Eda have some plans, I am not sure if they mesh completely or not though. Revy and Shen got caught not checking there surroundings and took some lead in the arms. The Black Lagoon company gets another gig here, and while on the boat Mini made gives Revy a piece of her mind. Also here a little crazy action from Rock it seems, all in all i think he is alright though. We can only wait and see.
Aug 24, 2015 7:25 AM

Dec 2009
Didn't quite get how Rock made the connection between Eda and the possibility of her being the person backing up Chang aka the CIA insider. As far as I can recall, he never had any reason to be suspicious of her. Why does he want to overthrow Chang anyway?

In any case, it looks like the life in Roanapur has finally caught up to him, and instead of playing with his own life he found his enjoyment in playing with others through planning out scenarios.
Aug 24, 2015 8:41 AM

Mar 2009
Nuky93 said:
Didn't quite get how Rock made the connection between Eda and the possibility of her being the person backing up Chang aka the CIA insider. As far as I can recall, he never had any reason to be suspicious of her. Why does he want to overthrow Chang anyway?

In any case, it looks like the life in Roanapur has finally caught up to him, and instead of playing with his own life he found his enjoyment in playing with others through planning out scenarios.

I've literally just finished the OVA as I'm posting this so I think I could answer.

If there's one thing about Rock, he's very observant. I would like to think that he's been slowly connecting the dots, trying to figure out the hierarchy of the whole city and Eda's and the church is the answer he came up with.

Remember in season 1 when he and Revy were at the church the first time for errands, when he told Yolanda about Hotel Moscow trying to figure out how drugs are being distributed through other routes and not the "official" ones? Even that early in the series he already knows that the church is involved and is part of the hierarchy of the town. His conversation with Eda about the power backing up Chang was just to confirm his suspicions, although whether he knows if Eda is with the CIA isn't quite clear though.

He thought he could shake things up and change the town by making the power behind Chang move, that he could create conflict that could put Chang out of favor with the powers that be and take him down. As he said, he's merely gambling, he's betting that something will happen because of the current situation, among other things.

As for the second paragraph, I can't discuss it since all of that is revealed in ep5.
Aug 27, 2015 3:38 PM

Apr 2013
Somehow I don't like where this is heading, Revy and Rock should just continue with their work :P
Aug 31, 2015 4:32 AM

Mar 2010
Hmm first episode I considered mehh.. Wasnt rlly entertained
Sep 3, 2015 7:40 PM
Jan 2012
personality of roberta make great change.And very resistance and blood psychotic
Rock make big strategy and great mind for back black lagoon.
Fabiola have more expectatives,but makes me frustrated.
episode 5 make a big expectatives of gran finale.
Dutch very different of another episodes.
Oct 21, 2015 7:03 AM

May 2015
Holy crap. Rock has officially gone to the dark side.

I can't tell if Eda's crooked or not.

And I loved Fabiola calling Revy out on her BS. We know you like him, Revy.
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Mar 10, 2016 6:15 PM

Dec 2013
Ok episode. More Roberta being crazy.

Things got pretty interesting at the end. Rock's smile was scary!
Oct 15, 2016 2:12 PM

Feb 2015
Whoa Rock! Just calm down a bit.
Nov 15, 2016 4:44 AM

Jun 2016
and now Rock starting to look sadistic.
olala .,.,.,.

The world is cruel, ugly and pitiful. Let's watch anime and make it colorful
Feb 28, 2017 9:30 AM
Mar 2014
[quote=DeathfireD message=10522238]I actually don't think Rock is going crazy at all. His excessive "crazy" acting is appropriate considering his position is "do or die". If he fucks this up at all, all the leaders are gonna kill him. He's far from crazy. <===

This is incorrect, you don't have to be sane to be good at planning or know what you are doing, Rock has become more insane and insane, every day he remains in Roanapur the more insane he gets, it is what they call Roanapur's influence, like what Dutch and Benny talked about.
Jun 30, 2017 5:15 PM

May 2014
ALL ACCORDING TO KEIKAKU

Ah, Rock. Master negotiator and manipulator. Won't hold a gun himself but he'll ask Balalaika to kill people and give a kid a gun XD
He might be the most deadly out of all of 'em.

Lol even frickin' Dutch was getting the creeps from Rock, I laughed when he threw the phone at Benny.

Fabiola hit the nail on the head with Revy though- she just wants to see Rock as her opposite- her white knight...when in reality he's a gutter rat just like everyone else in Roanapur.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 30, 2017 1:01 PM

May 2012
Well that was nice, let's see what the last episode has to offer of this franchise!
Feb 15, 2018 5:01 PM

Jun 2013
This was a very intriguing episode. I enjoyed the lots of talking, it was well done and Rock's mastermind like planning is fun to watch play out.
"The will to live is stronger than anything else"
May 18, 2018 6:13 PM

Feb 2018
It seems like everything going according to rock plan,

that smile & gun in the end, what are u planning now Rock?
What did You expect? life sucks from the get go....
May 23, 2018 11:31 PM

Sep 2013
Curious to see how this all ends up.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Nov 1, 2018 8:17 PM

Jan 2013
jfc Roberta mentally take down (well one physically) the three stooges is quite something

oh dear Rock is awakened!
Jul 30, 2019 6:19 AM

Oct 2014
Roberta can survive anything and everything, not even Revy's plot armor is this good.
May 27, 2020 5:47 AM

Dec 2013
Roberta is really a cyborg o_o but she needs to stop. Rocky smile makes my skin crawl

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Jul 21, 2020 11:16 AM
Oct 2012
Weird how this is rated the worst season when it's the only of the 3 with an overarching plot, no I didn't care about some shitty twins that they forgot existed right after
Jan 2, 2021 3:14 AM

Jul 2017
Awesome episode with tons of fascinating or intense conversations sprinkled all over, like with Balalaika and the American Major, Fabiola and Revy and whenever Rock was speaking in general. Rock in particular was quite the fascinating character this episode but he's quite the ruthless and exciting one when he's gambling with Roanapur and his life like that, involving many factions and leaders with so much power all in on his scheme. His life could be taken out so easily but he's willing to push on and on, and from the expressions on his face, he seems to be enjoying all of it. The criminal world lifestyle's seeping slowly into him. Plus Roberta continues to be an absolute machine gone out of control as usual, can't wait to see that final episode and how she turns out to be, along with Rock and the rest of the cast too. This arc has been excellent so far.
Jan 7, 2021 9:39 PM
Apr 2020
This was a pretty bad episode, hate to say it.
Apr 23, 2021 1:48 AM

Aug 2016
This OVA is just too fucking good, I seriously don't understand why is it the lowest rated of all three seasons. I'm in love with this!

Rock has just gone full badass at this point, where even Dutch is scared of him. THIS IS AMAZING.
Oct 5, 2022 5:27 PM

Aug 2019
Rock is getting colder now
Apr 23, 2023 3:06 PM
Aug 2020
I feel like I’m the only one but this arc has been weirdly confusing as fuck so far.
It’s a struggle to keep up with all the factions and the machinations (especially the very quick Chang and Balalaika bit that had never been mentioned before) and unlike most it seems I just can’t take Rock seriously in this new found scheming role after 24 episodes of his milquetoast “doesn’t want anything bad to happen” personality
AHA-LambdaApr 23, 2023 3:10 PM
Sep 12, 2023 2:52 PM
Feb 2021
I hope the shooting star fulfills my wishes!
Jan 15, 2:40 PM

Dec 2010
I like how Revy's plot armour wore off as soon as the plot decided she's no longer needed. In fact this may be harsh but has she actually done anything productive this arc? It feels like she's just there cause she's the mascot of Black Lagoon - well, for the general audience anyway, I'm only riding this train because of Rock.

Speaking of the devil, the guy is pulling some Light Yagami shit. Then again, if Roberta can casually chomp on (probably high-grade) machete and survive a barrage of rockets and bullets, I can trust that he's a genius and everything makes sense.
Jan 18, 1:41 AM

Oct 2020
I mean I guess I'm glad she didn't but I don't see why Roberta decided not to shoot Shenhue, Sawyer, and that Wizard guy after disarming them -- especially after her full blown mental break
Jan 24, 5:36 PM

Jan 2024
Really cool episode. Got to learn more about Balalaika as a character and what drove her and her men here. Her exchanges with the American solders were great. We get to see more of Eda's CIA side coming out as well.

Rock is going further down the road of being a mastermind. He has moments where sounds like a downright villain with an evil smile and all. Revy's talk with Fabiola shows that Revy is likely ignoring Rock's changes, deep down what she liked about Rock is that he was a good-hearted guy, and now he's becoming more like the other's in Roanapur's underworld. Dutch has seen what Rock is becoming and is scared of him too. Even I'm worried for Rock, that he'll go from the moral compass of the show to someone more devious than even the other crime lords of Roanapur.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

zimno - Jun 23, 2011

218 by Tulkas-Astaldo »»
Mar 21, 2:46 AM

Poll: » Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Banshee-IV - Jan 9, 2011

138 by As_Time_Allows »»
Jan 23, 9:17 PM

Poll: » Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Oct 1, 2010

102 by As_Time_Allows »»
Jan 23, 2:15 PM

Poll: » Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

yakisobapan - Jun 26, 2010

173 by As_Time_Allows »»
Jan 22, 7:23 PM

» Sequel?

Paksh - Nov 5, 2023

15 by TarikKabir »»
Nov 7, 2023 4:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.