Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 10, 2011 9:36 PM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This was pretty enjoyable for me, as the ending of the anime left me feeling really unsatisfied, so I was almost craving more of it...or more of it before it finally made up its mind as to whether it wanted to be a slice of life or a mecha, and chose the one that it had developed less, but I guess that's another story.

This video was a pretty nice collection of random scenes that I barely understood, a couple interviews involving Sheryl and Ranka getting very embarrassed, and most importantly, some new videos for their songs with some pretty crazy animation.

Someone apparently screwed up pretty badly on the mixing though...Iteza, Seikan Hikou, and Lion all had a very unimpressive guitar track turned way the hell up, and most of the songs, especially Seikan, Lion, and Northern Cross had really loud vocals which managed to undermine how epic the latter sounds when it's well balanced.

The video for Diamond Crevasse was awesome.

Seeing Idolmaster animation for the two of them really threw me off, but it's short and not too noticeable.

Overall pretty good. I'd recommend it if you liked the anime, especially if you can understand it without subs (which I couldn't), because I don't think there are any subs for this.

Definitely check it out if you're interested; if you're gonna watch any of the anime music videos out there, it may as well be from an anime with good music.
Mar 23, 2011 5:53 PM

Mar 2010
Even without subs, this is so wonderful to watch and listen to. It reminds me of Macross Flashback 2012 to be honest. Which certainly isn't a bad thing. I loved the new clips and even with my bad Japanese I was able to understand a fair bit of the normal speech.

Mod Edit:link removed
-DxP-Oct 15, 2023 1:57 AM
May 19, 2011 7:28 PM

Feb 2011
It was pretty good without subs, but now I can't wait to actually know what they were saying. The new clips were astounding, and the ending song was beautiful.
NarknitMay 19, 2011 7:37 PM
Jun 8, 2011 2:47 PM

Oct 2007
Beautiful. I'm so glad I bought this on BD.
Nov 29, 2011 10:01 AM

May 2010
It's very interesting to see more of Sherrly and Ranka together, I loved it
Sep 28, 2015 2:58 PM

Jan 2012
They mixed 3D models with 2D animation,nice job.

Nov 1, 2015 6:10 AM

Jun 2008
Watched it last night. Excellent recap/music video.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Aug 27, 2020 4:55 AM

Aug 2017
Awesome clip, I really appreciate that the staff animated so much new footage (even with Universal Bunny they could've used the already present footage, yet they added something new). Very enjoyable, as well as the interview parts, the ads, and, well...everything :3 Even the CGI wasn't bad, I think (though the one with Sheryl looked like rotoscoping).

Also the "Dokun Dokun" clip was a creative one in terms of style.

8-9/10, I think.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.