Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 5, 2011 8:06 AM
Nov 2008
MistressMorbid and convexity

Thank you very much

Feb 6, 2011 4:02 PM
Jul 2008
Insane, blood everywhere, awesome characters and action scenes delivered spectacularly =D I do agree with the comments pages < 4 on dialogue, it is delivered so well you really get into it.
Feb 6, 2011 9:08 PM

Oct 2008
Roberta is one BAMF.

I do like Rotton Za Wizardo as well though. Fucking poser. XD
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Feb 8, 2011 6:53 AM

Nov 2009
Bloody awesome episode !

But did I watch Hellsing Ultimate or Black Lagoon lol ?
Feb 23, 2011 10:37 AM

Feb 2009
That... Was freaking awesome. Seriously. Most intense episode of... Well... Anything that I've seen in quite a while.

What a cliffhanger. I can't wait a few monthes for another episode~~
Mar 5, 2011 12:24 AM

Aug 2010
I'll admit i am not enjoying this OVA series as much as the main but damn, Roberta is fucking scary.

That guys head. :L
Mar 7, 2011 11:00 AM

Feb 2008
AceIII said:
Bloody awesome episode !

But did I watch Hellsing Ultimate or Black Lagoon lol ?
Haha, that's a good question.

I was on the edge of my seat when Roberta pointed her gun at Garcia. Fortunately we know how that ends up thanks to the ep 4 preview

Mar 18, 2011 2:27 AM

Aug 2010
Roberta + 50 cal= absolute ownage. Awesome action-oriented episode. Loved the gore
May 6, 2011 8:19 PM

Jun 2009
fucking love this show, Roberta is fucking insane.

DAT HEAD XD
May 8, 2011 2:26 AM

Mar 2009
Roberta is fucking insane... interesting episode.
Aug 4, 2011 12:45 AM

Aug 2009
Will somebody tell me what is going on? Roberta wants revenge and her young master, Garcia, is trying to stop her somehow and bring her back. I have no idea why everyone else is getting involved. Then all of a sudden it's like a free-for-all, everyone's killing everyone else. What do they have to gain exactly?

I was hoping Garcia would go up and hug Roberta and tell her everything's okay and she'd return to normal, but instead he couldn't handle the sight of a blood thirsty Roberta and looses it. Then Roberta looses it at the sight of Garcia loosing it. Now I'm beginning to loose it at the insanity of it all. ugh.
Sep 13, 2011 9:47 PM

Jun 2009
toneytigre said:
Will somebody tell me what is going on? Roberta wants revenge and her young master, Garcia, is trying to stop her somehow and bring her back. I have no idea why everyone else is getting involved. Then all of a sudden it's like a free-for-all, everyone's killing everyone else. What do they have to gain exactly?

I was hoping Garcia would go up and hug Roberta and tell her everything's okay and she'd return to normal, but instead he couldn't handle the sight of a blood thirsty Roberta and looses it. Then Roberta looses it at the sight of Garcia loosing it. Now I'm beginning to loose it at the insanity of it all. ugh.

Those guys that Roberta and Revy's group are fighting are affiliated with America and Chang hired Black Lagoon to stop what is currently happening form happening. But, the general idea was for America not to have a reason to attack the city. This was pretty much the point of the meeting of the different factions last episode.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 20, 2011 6:07 AM

Feb 2009
I have been marathoning this OVA so far, but I had to comment on this episode because it was fucking brutal! Things are taking a turn for the worse in an episode that gave a frightening sense of realism and darkness contrary to many of the more cartoonish TV episodes. Really good stuff.

Also this episode gains extra points for the return of crazy old faces :D
VeethornOct 20, 2011 6:10 AM
Nov 12, 2011 9:00 AM

Dec 2009
Damn, that was awesome and messed up at the same time. Loving these OVAs.
Dec 2, 2011 2:05 PM

Jun 2010
The more i see this OVA the less i understand the plot. Some American guys, some latinos, some guys who looks like American soldiers but from Cuba. What do they want from each other?

Anyway i'm happy to see Shenhua, Wizard and Sawyer. They all are so cool!

And I'm very scared for Roberta. That pills and her aggression. It's like "she took the wrong way and she would die in the end".. I hope it's true only for Hollywood, but not for anime
DrimDrimDec 3, 2011 3:58 AM
Dec 17, 2011 8:15 PM

Jan 2010
What was going on in that scene when Garcia was about to run in with a pipe and get that Cuban guy? I really didn't understand. Then Roberta shoots the guy and Garcia loses it. O_o
Jan 24, 2012 5:14 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Roberta is insane. Literally. Pound for pound the most bad*ss woman on the planet.

Fabiola is the only distraction in this OVA.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 27, 2012 12:14 PM

Aug 2010
Roberta ;_;
Mar 10, 2012 5:01 PM
Feb 2010
Roberta was so deadly, sexy, and awesome.
Mar 31, 2012 9:29 AM

Oct 2010
I some how get turned on by punches to the gut, so those punches Roberta took felt highly erotic.
'Ask her to wait a moment— I am almost done.' - Carl Friedrich Gauss ( When told, while working, that his wife was dying).
Apr 24, 2012 12:39 PM

Mar 2010
omfg this episode is amazing!
loved every second of it :]
Aug 14, 2012 5:34 PM

Jul 2009
Alexstratz said:
That scene in the corridor, after Revy and co. killed all the FARC soldiers, reminded me of a similar scene in Metal Gear Solid.

Bloody awesome episode.

i was about to mention that :D

heck the way the soldier got thrown out into the view of Garcia :P

man Roberta is seducing and deadly!!!!

the way he beat the shit out of that commander's head is just deadly and brutal.

there's a reason why she's called "Bloodhound"

plus her moans ahhhh she gave me some hard-ons ahh :D

Sawyer chainsawing everyone to pieces, Shenua cutting enemies :P

and wow Lotton you crack me up XD

i wonder if they did took the stairs too look cool :)

and damn it he was about to use that pistol of his from MGS3(Eva's handgun) :)

amazing stuff, still it's a shame it's only 5 episodes. i want a full season of this :P

and why can't other madhouse animation like the Devil May Cry anime look just as good as this on???

Black Lagoon is definitely one Madhouse's masterpiece along with Hellsing.

only 2 episodes left :(
Aug 25, 2012 8:13 AM

Jul 2011
Amazingly Amazing
Sep 20, 2012 9:15 AM

Sep 2012
The most amazing is Wizard. This guy made such an entrance. Him and Ghost are a good tandem. I laugh when I Saw them play at the beginning.

And yeah. Roberta is insane. But an insane monster.
Dec 16, 2012 6:48 AM

Apr 2011
PrinceHeir said:
plus her moans ahhhh she gave me some hard-ons ahh :D

So, it wasn't just me :D.

Damn, this episode was awesome. And Lotton cracked me up when he was going all speech-ey on the FARC, was it, and then Sawyer comes in and just cuts them in half.
Dec 19, 2012 3:18 AM

Jan 2012
Can't wait for someone to kill that crazy bitch. Anyway, it was nice to see so much action in one episode. Also I enjoyed seeing the other bounty hunters teaming up with Revy.

Aug 14, 2013 1:24 AM

Sep 2011
Holy shit, that was just absolutely amazing! This episode DEFINITELY made up for the last one. (probably THE best Black Lagoon episode so far out of all 3 seasons)

And about Sawyer... SOMEONE NEEDS TO CONTROL THAT GIRL, SHES FREAKING DANGEROUS! LOL
Aug 24, 2013 12:54 AM

Sep 2011
THAT spanish accent haha.
+1 to the wizard.
Aug 29, 2013 3:10 PM

Sep 2009
good episode !

I am just suprised with Rock .. O.o
btw this was great showing off how human beeing can be brutally stupid & madness taking over the right mind..

but I am more surprised at comments here O.o which are saying that this was amazing awesome, especially Roberta's smashing heads of soldiers? really kids.. go to bed, this stuff isn't for you, nor that this is kiddy 'game' even if it's drawn it's not cartoon.

beside that all.. 5/5 for this ova ep ~
*ANIME I.NTERE.ST*----> +IN anime pictures and get FREE anime & manga merchandize from JAPAN!
Oct 8, 2013 7:31 PM

Apr 2012
At the start I was trying to remember who all the different gangs were and why they were involved at all in what was going on, but most of them didn't appear anyway, and who cares because the action was excellent
Nov 7, 2013 3:00 AM

Mar 2008
damn that was beast
Nov 11, 2013 11:07 PM

Mar 2012
Alexstratz said:
That scene in the corridor, after Revy and co. killed all the FARC soldiers, reminded me of a similar scene in Metal Gear Solid.

Bloody awesome episode.

This episode definitely in my opinion was influenced by MGS. If you think about it, Roberta's reputation is almost a foil to Grey Fox's....Kojima-san would be proud :)

Fucking amazing episode, I got the biggest hard on from this episode and it had nothing to do with Roberta's sexy talk with that guy I swear. If the tv series would have been this gory, dayyyyyyyyyum...it makes me all sad I only have two episodes left though! :(

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Jan 7, 2014 2:23 PM
Jul 2012
Woah, what a great episode!

Roberta is definitely one crazy woman in this episode. That plan after Roberta was about to have sex was brilliant. And that preview damn what a rush that will be in the next episode!

Lol, that white hair guy was funny. Hope he will appear more scenes so I won't ever forget him XD. Glad that the mexican girl back too since she is hilarious too.

Now I starting to think that the other maid girl is weak....

Great episode and my favorite to this ova! Loved this
5/5
Jan 15, 2014 1:55 AM

Jul 2013
wtf was that gun that Roberta was using?? its like shotgun + sniper rifle.

my mouth was open the whole episode....
Feb 4, 2014 7:47 AM

Sep 2013
I love how Sawyer, Lotton, and Shenhua came back this episode. Roberta is freaking crazy, she's firing a sniper rifle one handed, jumps across roofs and is eating pills like candy and she crushed that guys head, crazy episode.
Mar 14, 2014 12:33 AM
Jun 2013
Dam that was violent. Also the wizard is just so dam corny and awesome for it.Roberta has lost it though the one thing im confused about is why is that certain death she caused driving her insane. I mean im sure shes killed tons of innocent people. What makes that guy so different.Also that kid is going to need some profesional help.
Mar 22, 2014 7:41 PM

Oct 2013
AWESOME
Apr 6, 2014 8:24 PM
Mar 2014
PrimeX said:
wtf was that gun that Roberta was using?? its like shotgun + sniper rifle.

If I'm right, it was a Barrett M82. It's not a shotgun, just a rifle that shoots really big rounds. It's designed for use against military equipment like armored vehicles instead of people, so shooting a person with it would pretty much tear them apart.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barrett_M82
May 9, 2014 12:49 PM

Apr 2014
Drogan said:
Wizard and his crew should have their own spin off anime

I wish! that would be great to see.

I was about to loos faith in this OVA till this episode, I totally love how Roberta looks when she isn't dressed like a maid. I hope she really shot the kid, that would be great
May 26, 2014 11:07 AM

Dec 2013
why do I keep watching this?

children in extremely dangerous situations, they're screwing up Roberta, and I doubt she'll make it out of this alive. A bunch of poorly contrive circumstances just to get certain characters involved in a blood bath.

something about it keeps me watching.

I'm a fan of badassery, but standing up and shooting a sniper rifle with one hand is WAY over the top.
Love and Peace!!!
Jun 1, 2014 3:27 PM

Aug 2013
Charliehsv said:
Badass and the goriest Black Lagoon episode to date. It was good see some Lotton, Sawyer and Shenhua again :D

i like sawyer, she's a great "cleaner" plus she is kinda cute. what? she is....
Jul 14, 2014 1:27 PM

Jan 2011
Wasn't Rock waiting for some other faction? Chang already called, and he wasn't who he ment. So maybe Hotel Moscow? Especially after inquiring about the favor Balalaika owns Dutch. I can't imagine right now how ithe situation could get any uglier, but i'm sure they'll find a way.
Jul 18, 2014 7:46 PM

Jun 2014
WTF. Roberta is no longer worthy to be called badass. Shes turned full out psychotic. Like psychotic on par with Gasai Yuno.
Aug 20, 2014 1:54 PM

Nov 2013
DaydreamHero said:
why do I keep watching this?

children in extremely dangerous situations, they're screwing up Roberta, and I doubt she'll make it out of this alive. A bunch of poorly contrive circumstances just to get certain characters involved in a blood bath.

something about it keeps me watching.

I'm a fan of badassery, but standing up and shooting a sniper rifle with one hand is WAY over the top.

You said it yourself, you shouldn't be watching Black Lagoon for anything that's going to make sense. It's just fun unfiltered action. I mean come on there was one handed LMG wielding loli's in season two.

Intense as fuck episode, Roberta is amazing.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Oct 1, 2014 2:36 PM

Jan 2013
OMG, Fabiola is so fucking cute!
Oct 24, 2014 3:07 PM

Sep 2014
Whoo, Roberta is crazy!!! 'Dat belt gun after seducing the guy!!!

And great to see Shenhua, Lotton, and Sawyer again. It was cute how Lotton and Sawyer were playing the Playstation XD
Nov 20, 2014 12:59 PM
Jul 2018
Roberta is the definition of crazy.

Episode score: 3/5. I probably would have enjoyed it more if I hadn't had so many distractions during the episode. It still didn't seem all that great, but there was a lot of action, and it was entertaining.
Dec 18, 2014 3:03 PM

Sep 2013
That elevated platform! Wouldn't diving into battle from there...

make for a cool entrance?
MeviousDec 24, 2014 12:03 PM
Dec 20, 2014 8:35 AM

Jan 2013
AICW said:
BTW, this episode had one of the besti depictions of what a silenced submachine gun sounds like: a sewing machine.

Yeah almost sounded like a nailgun.

Good episode, and I wonder if the "young master" really did get shot, doubt it though.
Mar 13, 2015 6:02 PM

Feb 2015
You know what wizard is good for? Buying time.

Roberta looks great without her maid outfit... though, beating up that guy to pulp made me cringe a lot.

This has to be the best episode on BL imo... heck, any action scenes with roberta is great.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

zimno - Jun 23, 2011

218 by Tulkas-Astaldo »»
Mar 21, 2:46 AM

Poll: » Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Banshee-IV - Mar 11, 2011

108 by As_Time_Allows »»
Jan 24, 5:36 PM

Poll: » Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Oct 1, 2010

102 by As_Time_Allows »»
Jan 23, 2:15 PM

Poll: » Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

yakisobapan - Jun 26, 2010

173 by As_Time_Allows »»
Jan 22, 7:23 PM

» Sequel?

Paksh - Nov 5, 2023

15 by TarikKabir »»
Nov 7, 2023 4:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.