Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 12, 2013 2:04 AM
Sep 2011
llamaben said:
Yeah the movie was rather interesting, though pretty strange too. It kind of felt like it was missing something, but I'm not sure what. Anyway, 7/10 from me.

I felt the same. long winded movie although enjoyable towards the end
Jun 4, 2013 3:58 AM

Jun 2012
Not bad, certainly pretty interesting. Well-paced and generally pretty enjoyable and interesting to watch. Even so, nothing mind-blowing and not much of a climax, with a sudden stab to the neck (I started laughing, it was so sudden and the way he just stood there made me think he was bionic and could live forever).

I'm confident in saying that I think this movie would be less enjoyable (to whatever extent) without Myao.
So I guess the whole world and conflict came about just so this old geezer could eat some people. And here I was asking "why?" during the movie. Pretty lame, honestly.

So, I pretty much liked the several different characters as well as the development of the plot. What I didn't like so much was the climax (the "final battle"), the explanation for it all, and that the world wasn't all that different except the monitors (but I guess they can't really show the new world/different society with the time).

A solid 7/10 from me.

Aug 9, 2013 3:33 PM
Jul 2010
Well, that was a giant piece of crap. I don't remember how this happened to be on my HDD and I'll gladly delete it. Boring, story full of clichés and plot holes... But at least, I got to see one of the funniest kills ever by the end. 3/10
Oct 19, 2013 10:02 PM

Nov 2011
Well, that was a pretty intense opening.

There's a few characters I wasn't pleased to see though like that blonde girl with the ponytail named Mio at first. That stuffed doll look a bit weird to my taste though.

The OST is alright I guess. The soundtrack played after the 38 minute mark seems to quite catchy though. Myao is pretty epic in this movie as I liked the way she handled herself and saving others. I wasn't too into the mystery aspect of this movie though. It had the suspense but it wasn't too earth shattering imo.

Wtf is with the ending though? The mystery remains unsolved? *sigh*

Oh well, 7/10. I still enjoyed this.
Oct 5, 2014 12:22 PM

Jan 2014
That plot twist at the end was the best part. Their "vegetarian" food was designed to taste like human flesh. That was awesomely hilarious. Otherwise, the movie was pretty boring. The ending wasn't very satisfying either, like the story couldn't make up its mind whether to end happily or sad.
Aug 24, 2015 2:23 AM

Nov 2009
The part I don't understand is why the girls had to "forgive" or "accept" Ayumi.
In my mind, her actions are 100% heroic, and she should be awarded a medal and a harem of bishounen for what she did.

Also, I'd name this anime ""Who watches the watchers?" the movie".
Aug 16, 2016 12:27 AM

Dec 2014
I kinda liked the movie.. even with plot holes it was still classy
Dec 19, 2016 5:48 PM

May 2012
Well that sure was an interesting movie to be honest, didn't see this one yet and suddenly passed on my path today while I was browsing some horror movies!

Pretty interesting movie in general, the ending was a bit anti-climatic for me but in general the overall development was pretty interesting.

All in all a pretty decent movie I'd say.
Sep 29, 2017 7:43 AM

Jan 2013
They look sooooooooooooooooooo fucking dead inside with those eyes.
Nov 28, 2017 12:19 PM

Jul 2011
1/10

Wtf I just watched? O_O

Sep 14, 2018 2:30 AM

Mar 2018
2/10

Characters were a joke. One-dimensional and forgettable. Plot is horrible. Nonsense,extremely predictable and tries to be edgy but fails. Concept is meh (?). Plain, unexpandable, boring.
Feb 18, 2019 1:23 PM

Aug 2013
Who else guessed the food was people beforehand....? Lol
I wish it ended with that little picture Yabe drew of the group TwT that would have been nice and happy.
DanaRenaFeb 18, 2019 1:27 PM
My friend made my forum pic.
Mar 17, 2019 3:43 PM

Oct 2015
This was enjoyable, but I wonder where was Ayumi taken but I doubt it was somewhere closed? She sure was interesting to watch and the way she doesn't hesitate to kill a person is commendable. I hope to see it again in future.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Feb 4, 2020 7:27 AM

Feb 2008
After having this one lying around in my "to watch" collection for ages, I must say I'm a bit disappointed. The animation style of the characters, I could get used to, though I didn't think they were terribly imaginative. The screenplay was a bit of a train wreck. Looking back, I feel that all I got out of it were a stream of plot exposition scenes padded with a handful of clever plot twists and vignettes, the whole of which was lacking in the element of suspense or intensity. I had had my hopes up, given that it's an adaptation of a work by Kyogoku Natsuhiko, that the mystery and horror elements would've been well developed but I can't say I felt that was the case. I suppose I'll lay my disappoint in this work at the feet of the director.
Mar 21, 2020 8:58 PM

Mar 2014
Ok I thought this was gonna have legit werewolves in. And the only reason I wanted to watch this was because of a Scandal song with this in the title, which I assumed would be the ED song. Much disappointment.
Without those expectations I might've enjoyed it for what it was.
Apr 10, 2020 3:21 PM

Jan 2010
Loups=Garous is...clumsy. I think this was highlighted by Riichiro seemingly doing everything in his power to pompously and sadistically continue controlling some vague subsection the world, but also welcomes death's sweet embrace without any struggle. The film also portrays its main cast oddly, where it suddenly pulls Hazuki to all manner of conspiracies and dangers without a real reason for her to be involved. I suppose the idea is her normalcy is to balance everyone else's extreme amount of issues?

I'm also not sure how Ayumi and Hazuki managed to just walk their way up to the SVC headquarters. Was there no surveillance on the way? Also, I'm not sure if all the fights in the climax were really necessary. It seemed to be a way to try and get action scenes into the film.

In all, Loups=Garous felt like a mix of different films about self-identity, societal upheaval in the face of government conspiracies, teenage friends doing teenage things, and a way to promote the rock band SCANDAL. I'm sure there's some way to combine all these aspects into a single cohesive film, but Loups=Garous felt like it couldn't completely string along all its ideas.
Dec 9, 2021 6:56 PM
Dec 2018
In fact, I didn't think I would love it, it was just a little above my expectations.. What attracted me the most was Ayumi without any fuss and extra talk that kills the enemy directly 😍
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Did they change Ayumi's gender in the dub?

Shima_XIX - Dec 4, 2011

13 by DanaRena »»
Feb 18, 2019 1:21 PM

» /

delete_plz - Dec 14, 2009

2 by littlebodybheart »»
May 7, 2010 5:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.