Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 4, 2010 5:48 AM

May 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow! This was literally twice as good as I was expecting it to be! I'd watched all the other saber marionettes first, but apparently this was the first one made, and with a different director too. Isn't it amazing how the same source materials in the hands of different directors can turn out so different? The camera angles, the facial expressions, body language, the pacing, and more are all drastically improved from the other series. 5/5 first episode for me, let's hope they can keep it up...
“Money can't buy dere”
Dec 24, 2016 7:02 AM

Feb 2012
Did a plaster spontaneously appear on Lime's head when Lun hit her from behind or was it already there?

This part (along with Lime doing Explosive Mega Punch on Lun) made me laugh the most:

*Lime licks chocolate off of Junior's face*
Cherry: Oh no! I still haven't done that to him yet!

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jun 25, 2017 1:24 PM
Sep 2016
Let me see if I've understood this. In this show, all the women are dead, so we get male clones and androids with "girl circuits" but - at least in this version - no homosexuality. That's a ridiculously misogynistic premise for a show. Special pleading crossed with pseudo-science to give viewers an excuse to watch women beat each other up for the favour of their men. And the one with the sexadolls is evil because somehow our viewpoint characters have the moral high ground. It's Whileaway through the looking glass and it isn't terribly watchable anyway.

I thought I was being unfair, so I tried episode 2. No spoilers, but seeing one of the androids doing something non-sexual but appallingly servile within the first 4 minutes was where I drew the line. Goodnight, Vienna.
Oct 9, 2017 12:24 PM

Nov 2015
ok this is Romana not Japanesu :D This happens 200 years after sm j and j to x so of course there's women. it surprise me that ppl still can be clone out but there's a difference between those who were born out of a mother and father !!! wow You gotta reach the end of this ova to know that and the king's origins.....

đź’˘

Sep 2, 2019 9:43 PM

Aug 2016
Damn! Its as good as I remember when watching it years ago. Fun 90 sci fi harem, rich in action and erotism. Great animation and memorable designs.
MichaelJacksonSep 3, 2019 12:38 AM
:v

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saber Marionette R Episode 2 Discussion

Fortress_Maximus - Dec 26, 2016

0 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Dec 26, 2016 7:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.