Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 2, 2016 11:54 PM

Aug 2013
I don't get what shit is going on in the first half.
Also that smirk face hahaha the proxy probably got killed by Vincent
But I don't get what's an immigrant means anyway.
I might get a headache from all these questions.
May 6, 2016 7:13 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
no really new questions but no answers asweel. A somewhat uneventful episode. Curious though how this whole situation will evolve since now it seems that vincent is chased

May 15, 2016 1:25 PM

Oct 2015
Wow, Hoody was the first character so far to show any personality whatsoever. If I wasn't such a big cyberpunk buff, I would have dropped this already. The series still remains "okay" so far.
May 23, 2016 7:27 AM

Sep 2014
Really loving this series a lot! Pino is awesome!

For anyone who is confused as to what is going on, check out the Ergo Proxy wiki and read the summary for the episode, it explains a lot about what is happening and it makes it even more enjoyable to watch when you have an idea of what is going on.

Also I love how the credit song is Radiohead's 'Paranoid Agent', I love that song!
The afternoon has gently passed me by
The evening spreads its sail against the sky
Waiting for tomorrow
Just another day
God bid yesterday goodbye...
Oct 10, 2016 12:45 AM

Jan 2010
Law lived in a room with very little, though he seemed to value the image of the "model citizen" as advertised by the city. Off the top of my head, the idea of commodity defining the individual was referenced in Karl Marx's writings, but I'm unsure of how much farther back it goes. For the intents of understanding Ergo Proxy though, it's not just something that satisfies human needs, but it also defines the person. In other words, the artifacts of human possessions, even if they're mass-produced items of little economic value, speaks volumes about the individual. In the case of Vincent Law, his common, every day items depict someone trying to live that common, every day life. In other words, he just wants to be normal.

...Goodness gracious, if that's correct, then this is one hell of a roundabout way to tell such a story.

That aside, the imagery present during his hallucination at the episode's beginning was sure something. And who the hell quotes philosophy to a person waking up from being knocked unconscious?

I don't completely understand Pino's presence in the anime yet, nor the reason why she's dressed as a...fox I think. I'm reminded of Serial Experiments Lain, where Lain's bear costume was supposedly used to represent Lain attempting to shield herself from the unpleasantness and uncertainties of her life. It's also an interesting choice of motifs since both cases represent the few references to anything related to nature in their technologically-focused stories. Again, I don't know if this is intentional or not, but it's how I'm seeing it. Otherwise, I guess it was done for juxtaposition against the hardcore technological, Dystopic, and at times demonic nature of the series, almost akin to Casshern Sins? Is it to foreshadow some sort of trickery? Was it done for cuteness reasons?

Oh, and I don't know why, but I just noticed the hymn-like OST going on in the background. Again, no idea what it means. Just thought it was interesting to point out, especially since it's played during the really dramatic scenes. For example, it was played in this episode over the PROXY's corpse, making it feel like you were looking at something marvelous and ethereal, as opposed to something horrifying or dangerous. Or it could have been used to make an otherwise uneventful scene feel more significant than it really was. I dunno.
Dec 4, 2016 10:12 AM

Jan 2013
Took Vincent long enough.
Pino is cute and seems educated, not weird her being an Autoreiv and all.

"You do believe me ... dont you ... Re-L ?" - Not shady at all ... Daedalus.

Would seem Vincent isnt as innocent as he looks, especially with that smirk after the surveillance bot got blasted down.
May 9, 2017 7:40 PM

Jun 2013
Hoody quotes Joë Bousquet to an unconcious Vincent

So Re-l was fired? I'm kind of glad, this means she can dive into the investigation with more freedom.

I also feel like the characters don't really have chemistry (the ones in the city anyway), but I think this might be intentional.

The swamp dwellers seem alright so far.
Shocked said:
I don't completely understand Pino's presence in the anime yet, nor the reason why she's dressed as a...fox I think. I'm reminded of Serial Experiments Lain, where Lain's bear costume was supposedly used to represent Lain attempting to shield herself from the unpleasantness and uncertainties of her life. It's also an interesting choice of motifs since both cases represent the few references to anything related to nature in their technologically-focused stories. Again, I don't know if this is intentional or not, but it's how I'm seeing it. Otherwise, I guess it was done for juxtaposition against the hardcore technological, Dystopic, and at times demonic nature of the series, almost akin to Casshern Sins? Is it to foreshadow some sort of trickery? Was it done for cuteness reasons?

Your post was an interesting read as usual. In addition to the options you noted, I think Pino could be a kitsune archetype, too.

Jun 12, 2017 6:45 AM

Jun 2017
The series is better when it tries to tell its story and not appear to be more than I think it'll achieve. There are still a few moments when its awkward writing tends to make one laugh when it's not meant to, but those are fewer when it doesn't take itself to be so serious and "Deep". I hope it's able to develop a real depth in a less overt manner, given how people have seemed to enjoy this show, but I still have my doubts. At least its mystery is fun to speculate on and the character designs do make a likeable impression.
We'll see.
Nov 20, 2017 1:49 AM

Dec 2015
I really hope nothing bad happens to Pino...
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jan 17, 2018 10:51 AM

Mar 2012
Vincent destroying the drone is gonna bite them in the ass but you can't really blame him since he was trying to protect Pino.
Mar 7, 2018 7:13 PM

Feb 2013
One of the first more psychological episodes with that chaotic dream sequence.

"Joe" LOL *cough*
Then Pino copies, cough and all! So funny.
May 14, 2018 1:33 PM

Jan 2018
Lol, I can't believe Lil dislikes symmetry.

Oh damn! Vincent was the one that took down that Autoreiv in the first episode!

God, she's so adorable!

So that's the outside world huh? Looks super polluted and barren. And it looks like the culture of the outside dwellers are that of scavengers. It's almost like the Matrix in a way.

Damn, Quinn has that ass. And it resembles Samus' Zero Suit. That's fucking hot:

Aug 9, 2018 9:50 AM

Sep 2017
Nice episode, and the mystery continues. Let's see why vincent is important and the specs of disease and amirta

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Apr 24, 2020 9:42 PM

Mar 2020
mfs were tryna shoot my robot loli
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Jun 9, 2021 11:04 PM

Jul 2009
After reading and finishing Blame! When Vincent when outside the dome and saw there is life outside of it (even full of useful junk).

This really REALLY reminded me of Blame! I didn't read Blame! when I first watched this, but rewatching now. WOW!

This is my favorite scene in the episode :)

So the other Proxy was already dead and killed at the original escape route. I wonder if Pino knew about it that's why she redirected Vincent from that location.

When I saw Quinn emerging with a scuba diving outfit and braids. I instantly thought about Lara Croft!!!

Nice sexy body with braids. The Real Lara Croft and not the Nu Trilogy one.

Same with Sei from Gantz!

Sep 29, 2021 10:57 AM
Nov 2020
Vincent looks much better with his eyes open, when they're shut he looks like an old man.
Jul 7, 2022 11:08 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Anoter confusing dream at the end, but maybe Vincent's infection is caused by the proxy itself and why he's related to all of that.
At least he survived and now he's directly in a community outside the dome which is just living thanks to what's expulsed directly from the drone, though they're really sending drones to check up of all it and surprisingly it aimed Pino even though AutoReiv are normally not aimed, but I'm sure it's because Pino is infected that it got detected.
Sep 9, 2022 12:03 PM

May 2018
I still have no clue how he survived that fall
Jul 7, 2023 8:44 AM
Aug 2022
made the smart women's friendship so shallow they became lesbians. also the city from outside. love it
Dec 7, 2023 8:49 PM

Dec 2022
The outside world looks desolate; a neverending archipelago of rock, metal and fog.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ergo Proxy Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

xel - May 31, 2008

93 by LonewolfNBU »»
Apr 12, 10:55 AM

Poll: » Why do people seem to not like Ergo Proxy?

TheGuiltMan - Nov 28, 2020

41 by oooo3333 »»
Mar 30, 12:12 AM

Poll: » Ergo Proxy Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WinterNightsFall - Aug 20, 2008

78 by yojuno »»
Mar 26, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Ergo Proxy Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WinterNightsFall - Aug 20, 2008

71 by yojuno »»
Mar 26, 12:23 AM

» Ergo Proxy Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Aokaado - Dec 27, 2006

236 by llamav »»
Mar 18, 12:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.