Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 12, 2010 8:50 PM
May 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, the epilogue was atrocious, no doubt, but I actually found them destroying the ultimate villain with a "believe in yourself and your power to dream" speech to be kind of nice and fitting, though cheesy. The amazing music probably helped. My eyes welled up a bit when Oikawa died... Decent ending all in all, if you ignore the last four minutes. It's not like Digimon had the budget for a big epic fight anyway.
Mar 15, 2012 3:03 AM

Mar 2010
nice series. im gonna miss it :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2012 7:42 AM
Jul 2018
I was really into this season and I'm going to miss it. Nevertheless, I'm dissatisfied with the epilogue... No one told what happened to main pairing of the series - Takari (yeah, I'm huge fan).
Apr 3, 2012 9:21 AM

Nov 2010
That was an overwhelmingly disappointing end.
Jun 11, 2013 5:32 AM
Aug 2009
It makes me laugh how their kids look like them and have the same exact digimon as their parents did, it would have been nice if Oikawa got to go to the digi world.
Jun 11, 2013 6:08 AM

Sep 2012
BearerOfHope said:
Nevertheless, I'm dissatisfied with the epilogue... No one told what happened to main pairing of the series - Takari (yeah, I'm huge fan).

indeed.

dolphin456 said:
It makes me laugh how their kids look like them and have the same exact digimon as their parents did.

this too.
Jun 11, 2013 6:09 AM

Jan 2013
this is the season that I like the least out of the first 4 seasons
Mar 22, 2014 1:19 PM
Feb 2012
Was a fun experience, but I really had to force myself through the last ten or so episodes. Things just got way too repetitive, but that's what you'd expect from early 2000s shounen shows. Like I said, all in all it was fun, but not as good as its predecessor.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Apr 12, 2014 7:55 AM
Mar 2013
I liked how the light from the digivices was necessary to defeat Myotismon. It reminds me of the very first season where Tai, Mimi, and Joe used the light from the digivices to free Leomon from Devimon's control.

I wasn't expecting time-skip ending and I must say I didn't like it very much. I would've preferred if the ending had a 5 or 10 year time skip so we could see their university lives, but nope, they skip straight past marriage >.>

So all in all, we have two pairings: one from season one and one from season two.

Yolei x Ken - Yeaaaaah! Those two are awesome together, and I have to say Ken looks amazing as he's gotten older. Damn Yolei, you lucked out.

Sora x Matt - I thought Sora would've ended up with Tai, but heck I don't mind at all. I love this pairing as well. It was cute to see a little Matt holding a Yokomon.

I'll bet either Tai or TK got married to the French girl they kissed in episode 41.

I wonder who Kari got married to. Maybe it was that Willis guy who kissed her in the digimon movie. Speaking of which I have to watch those soon.

Davis probably got married to one of the girls with the Dark spores. I remember one of the girls saying Davis looked cool.

Davis' sister probably got married to Joe since she had her eyes set on him after she got dumped by Matt. Or maybe he got married to Mimi.

Actually this pairing makes more sense because they did have a few cute moments in the first season and in the movie. Joe x Mimi FTW

Izzy and Cody....hmmmm. I'm not sure about how these two got married at all. I tried my best to give everyone some theories but I'm stumped on these two :(
emeraldrosaryApr 12, 2014 8:02 AM
Jun 2, 2014 9:52 PM

Jul 2013
Battle was underwhelming, but the inspiration and optimism card they played was nice. Felt bad for Oikawa and his digimon.

Was not aware the epilogue was a part of the last episode. It felt way too rushed. Though I'm glad everyone's happy and it does feel like everything came to a close and that's all that matters.

TK and Kari got together and no one can tell me otherwise.

Season 1 was definitely better (especially the ending, and even all the arcs were better quality). But season 2 is definitely nice to watch just to add closure to what was left off in season 1.

I don't really pay attention to the following seasons because they seem to take place in an alternate reality where these events never happened, so it feels like throwing these first two seasons away. And I'm attached to these characters the most so I just feel guilty watching other seasons.

Although for some strange reason I really enjoyed Digimon Frontier.

Oh well, all's well that ends well. Happy ending. :)
Aug 6, 2014 5:55 AM

Nov 2012
So Sora doesn't end up with Taichi, seriously what the fuck happened to the writers of this season...... I was half expecting this to have a bullshit ending but wow...., I don't have the words to describe how fucking bad this ending was. The level of shit writing is beyond 9000!

Maybe.... hopefully.... in the new series, the writers of that series do something to rectify this train-wreck although I'm half expecting that to be shit too.
Oct 4, 2014 8:09 PM

Nov 2008
Jou: now son, try to stay clean :)
Gomamon: nah! go run in the mud xD

and this is why Gomamon is my favorite digimon xD
Jan 14, 2015 3:16 PM

Aug 2014
Naxrrhid said:
So Sora doesn't end up with Taichi, seriously what the fuck happened to the writers of this season...... I was half expecting this to have a bullshit ending but wow...., I don't have the words to describe how fucking bad this ending was. The level of shit writing is beyond 9000!

Maybe.... hopefully.... in the new series, the writers of that series do something to rectify this train-wreck although I'm half expecting that to be shit too.

They better give Tai a better ending in the new anime. They threw him under the bridge in season 2.

Only reason why Matt and Sora ended up together was because the writers saw that many fans in Jpn liked Matt and Sora, and so the writers saw that as an opportunity to sell more, and they put the two of them together. Which is why Matt and Sora makes absolutely no sense and it was rushed and forced. Heck, even the english voice actors were extremely surprised that Tai and Sora didnt end together (or more specifically, they were extremely surprised that Matt and Sora was even thought of as a possible couple).
Jan 16, 2015 3:38 PM

Jul 2013
Speaking of dreams: I want to learn Spanish and how to play a musical instrument

I am also a fan of the Taichi and Sora pairing, but I can handle Yamato and Sora, if that's what the writers want. Ken and Miyako look like a really good couple, though! What I liked the most from the epilogue was everyone's job. They seemed fitting to each character and Agumon looks funny in that suit

I'm expecting to see Oikawa Yukio again in the new season and we might have to deal with Demon and Dagomon's dark ocean for yet another time.

Overall, it was a nice addition to the first series. My favourite episodes were the ones with Black Wargreymon and the ending of the Digimon Kaiser arc. I still have to watch the two Digimon Adventure 02 movies before April to be fully prepared for Digimon Adventure Tri
Jan 31, 2015 6:01 PM

Dec 2010
This series was quite enjoyable, but somehow way inferior to the first one.

Things I liked in DA 02:
*+Digimon Emperor was a nice idea. New digistestined is bad and we need to change him worked. He was quite a dick with abusing Agumon and wanting to kill each other for his enjoyment. Kimeramon was quite disgusting. I liked Ken character`s development aswell.

*+BlackWarGreymon is the best anti-hero of second series. Pretty likeable cause he never tried to kill digidestined. The existentialism was strong in this one, I was suprised but enjoyed it a lot. For a kids show this was kind of good. Quite similar to Mewtwo from Pokemon(It seems that early 2000s was full of this questions. Considering possibility of clonning a human was a hot topic back then I can understand that trend).

*+Every digimon was useful from start to the last episode. I loved WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon, but they stole the show in the last arc.

*+Arukenimon and Mummymon were a nice duo. Especially Mummymon was kind of unique to this franchise.

*+Kari - as a kid I had a crush on her(from this series of course). I had a good taste, cause she is probably the most normal out of the bunch. Also she is nice-looking and well voiced in English dub.

*+Dark Beach episodes had a nice feeling/atmosphere.

*+Humour was simple but quite engaging. Wasn`t gross or stupid and that`s a plus.

*+We saw old digimons in action.

Things I DONT like:
*-design of champion/ultra lvl digimons. The most inferior part. Agumon, Gabumon, Tentomon and their evolutions was a pure brilliance. In A2 basic forms were really nice so my expectations were high. But then it went atrocious. Especially:
->Syphilismon - really annoyed the hell out of me
->Ankylomon - his face was retarded, too bad cause Digmon was awesome
->Shakkoumon - quite unique but I dont like it. No idea why
->Villains - or rather lack of them. Will elaborate later
->Syphilismon - gosh, I hate him.

*-Enemies.They were simply rehashed. Devimon? Checked. Myotismon? Checked. Lady Devimon? Checked. Too bad they did not rehashed Dark Masters, whose where the best enemies from season one. But okay, they would be OP. There were some good enemies - Deamon and Skullsatamon(defeated too fast).
New form of Myotismon - meh, again this brat. How many times do you need to defeat him. And he looked bad.

*-Yolei - annoying, simply annoying. No idea what Ken saw in her.

*-Cody - the most wimpy character I have seen in Digimon so far. Giant, evil digimon is destroying town and killing people. He was killed by my digimon, oh no its wrong, its wrong... Get a grip kiddo.

*-Ending was lame and generic.

I think that the first series was much gloomier. But this was quite okay for a kid`s show.

No idea what to expect from next Season.
tearofmankindApr 3, 2017 2:52 PM
Apr 12, 2015 3:56 PM

Dec 2014
That was an okay ending to an overall meh series.
Why do the kids look EXACTLY like their parents??
Apr 17, 2015 8:37 AM
May 2013
meh
Tamers/Frontier/original are better than this .
DaisukexHikari not :))
I just hope Tri will be better than this .
BlackWarGreymon episodes were the best , the only good episodes here .
Apr 18, 2015 12:28 AM
Jul 2018
I really hope that Tri will give us some answers to the questions that were asked in 02. Dark Ocean, Takari...
Jan 19, 2016 6:38 AM

Jul 2012
Ending was weird, Would have rather a normal fight instead of the flashy hope beats all thing.

The even bigger problem I had with the ending though was the prologue leave that shit out and let viewers decide what happened like Yolie and Ken getting together? wtf no that came out of nowhere she liked him at the start sure but she also liked every other male character she met like some retarded cat in heat, Ken could do so much better then that annoying twat who dreamed about having cake all to herself while others were dreaming about stuff that actually matters like their parents being back together, Dead family members and a world where humans and digimon lived together happily but nope Yo-fucking-lei dreams about stuffing her face with sweets... Her life must be perfect if that was her dream and yet she is the most annoying judgmental character I've ever seen.
Feb 27, 2016 8:32 PM

Dec 2014
the sries was awesome the ending was awesome. Brought me a job well done feeling
Mar 17, 2016 4:43 AM
Mar 2016
Am I the only one who likes the epilogue ?
Jun 24, 2016 4:59 PM

Feb 2013
It was a bit sad when Oikawa died.
Seeing them all grown up was nice, the anime wasn't special at all.
Apr 3, 2017 2:54 PM

Dec 2010
tearofmankind said:
This series was quite enjoyable, but somehow way inferior to the first one.

Things I liked in DA 02:
*+Digimon Emperor was a nice idea. New digistestined is bad and we need to change him worked. He was quite a dick with abusing Agumon and wanting to kill each other for his enjoyment. Kimeramon was quite disgusting. I liked Ken character`s development aswell.

*+BlackWarGreymon is the best anti-hero of second series. Pretty likeable cause he never tried to kill digidestined. The existentialism was strong in this one, I was suprised but enjoyed it a lot. For a kids show this was kind of good. Quite similar to Mewtwo from Pokemon(It seems that early 2000s was full of this questions. Considering possibility of clonning a human was a hot topic back then I can understand that trend).

*+Every digimon was useful from start to the last episode. I loved WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon, but they stole the show in the last arc.

*+Arukenimon and Mummymon were a nice duo. Especially Mummymon was kind of unique to this franchise.

*+Kari - as a kid I had a crush on her(from this series of course). I had a good taste, cause she is probably the most normal out of the bunch. Also she is nice-looking and well voiced in English dub.

*+Dark Beach episodes had a nice feeling/atmosphere.

*+Humour was simple but quite engaging. Wasn`t gross or stupid and that`s a plus.

*+We saw old digimons in action.

Things I DONT like:
*-design of champion/ultra lvl digimons. The most inferior part. Agumon, Gabumon, Tentomon and their evolutions was a pure brilliance. In A2 basic forms were really nice so my expectations were high. But then it went atrocious. Especially:
->Syphilismon - really annoyed the hell out of me
->Ankylomon - his face was retarded, too bad cause Digmon was awesome
->Shakkoumon - quite unique but I dont like it. No idea why
->Villains - or rather lack of them. Will elaborate later
->Syphilismon - gosh, I hate him.

*-Enemies.They were simply rehashed. Devimon? Checked. Myotismon? Checked. Lady Devimon? Checked. Too bad they did not rehashed Dark Masters, whose where the best enemies from season one. But okay, they would be OP. There were some good enemies - Deamon and Skullsatamon(defeated too fast).
New form of Myotismon - meh, again this brat. How many times do you need to defeat him. And he looked bad.

*-Yolei - annoying, simply annoying. No idea what Ken saw in her.

*-Cody - the most wimpy character I have seen in Digimon so far. Giant, evil digimon is destroying town and killing people. He was killed by my digimon, oh no its wrong, its wrong... Get a grip kiddo.

*-Ending was lame and generic.

I think that the first series was much gloomier. But this was quite okay for a kid`s show.

No idea what to expect from next Season.

So my opinion is extactly the same it was two years ago. On a plus side I would add Oikawa`s little story.

Vandemon go die pls. You had your time, right now you are a laughing stock, pls stop.
May 7, 2017 2:06 PM

Apr 2017
I liked this series, of course Adventure original was better, but this one at least explains some of the missing things.

My favourite parts:
- Dagomon's ocean: cool to know there is another "digiworld" where things are different.
- Blackwargreymon: best character of this season
- Original digidestined: always leading, always fighting. They deserve more (tri)
- Takeru: best main digidestined of this series. A lot better than Daisuke: wiser, more experienced, less hot-headed, get things done (beat the sh$$ out of Kaiser).

- Ken: His post-redepmtion is awful, but his Kaiser persona was cool, and quite different to the "evil digimon enemy" we were used too. Well done.
-Ryo: of course, the great Ryo Akiyama finally appears. The best out of all the digidestined, the wiser and stronger of them. The 10 seconds he appeared makes the season worth it. I hope they use him as part of tri.

The last 4 minutes of epilogue NEVER HAPPENED.
But even if it did, i don't like this "globalist" digiworld were borders re blurred regarding digiworld. I hope there are limits to when and how people are going / returning.
Digidestined kids turned to be quite good people, according to this "fic". They seem quite decent and honest. I'm glad none of them choose a criminal way of living.

Tri, here i go.
argentino_kekMay 7, 2017 2:12 PM
--------
Nov 23, 2019 6:51 PM

May 2008
Short version: Horrible. It kept the issues from Adventure and added more holes into it. Why? Why would you do that? Then you go and ruin the good stuff (*coughdemoncough*), why introduce them if you're not going to do anything with them?

2/10 - May edit later since re-watching Adventure is next!

exLightning said:
Ending was weird, Would have rather a normal fight instead of the flashy hope beats all thing.

The even bigger problem I had with the ending though was the prologue leave that shit out and let viewers decide what happened like Yolie and Ken getting together? wtf no that came out of nowhere she liked him at the start sure but she also liked every other male character she met like some retarded cat in heat, Ken could do so much better then that annoying twat who dreamed about having cake all to herself while others were dreaming about stuff that actually matters like their parents being back together, Dead family members and a world where humans and digimon lived together happily but nope Yo-fucking-lei dreams about stuffing her face with sweets... Her life must be perfect if that was her dream and yet she is the most annoying judgmental character I've ever seen.

LOL I love reading your comments, always get a chuckle out of me.
SakariiNov 23, 2019 7:12 PM
May 8, 2020 7:52 PM

Aug 2016
To hell with digimon 2020, this one deserves a modern remake from the point of view of Ken and Yukio. Wasted potential.
:v
May 17, 2020 12:10 AM

Jan 2017
"We must defeat despair! Everyone believe in your dreams!" , it's an ok ending.. but meh compared to the first Adventures.

But excuse me... wtf was the epilogue???
Jun 13, 2020 7:54 PM

Aug 2008
Ending is still as good as I remember from it decades ago. The only thing I wish they did, was to give Ryo Akiyama a little bit more involvement. Who knows, maybe they'll inlude him in the new reboot tv show.
Mar 12, 2021 4:50 PM

Jul 2013
All I got to say about the ending is... thanks god Tri and Last Evolution retconned it.

Surprisingly I enjoyed it almost as much as I did 01. In fact, I like Ken more than anybody in season 1. The more light-hearted tone works in its benefits more often than not. My only real issue is the amount of retcon and the mass production of the Chosen Children.
May 21, 2023 7:55 AM
May 2023
Gave me more copium than necessary
Dec 4, 2023 8:44 AM
Dec 2023
Una continuación correcta, el final no tiene la emoción que dejó Adventure 01

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon Adventure 02 Episode 32 Discussion

emeraldrosary - Apr 11, 2014

7 by ImVodkAna »»
Apr 12, 1:39 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure 02 Episode 27 Discussion

11 by Veck8699 »»
Oct 25, 2023 11:24 AM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure 02 Episode 17 Discussion

Chouninatte - Mar 27, 2014

7 by Veck8699 »»
Oct 23, 2023 10:31 AM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure 02 Episode 8 Discussion

dolphin456 - Apr 5, 2012

9 by PureStone »»
Aug 5, 2023 11:47 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure 02 Episode 41 Discussion

14 by MoonBunny9297 »»
Feb 7, 2023 8:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.