Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Princess Jellyfish
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Sep 13, 2013 10:05 AM

Mar 2013
Ahh, she looks so pretty all made-up. I'm surprised that she likes the brother, I was expecting something to develop between her and Kuranosuke. Maybe Kuranosuke will be the agent that brings them together, instead.
90s J-rock was our aesthetic peak.
Sep 24, 2013 12:42 PM

Jan 2013
Wow, they (as in the animators and the character Kuranosuke) did a great job making Tsukimi look really pretty (Even though her general look is kind of cute, though very geeky. She's a million times cuter than the Nunz in the sisterhood. I think that's the point though)!

So far, I hate all of the characters in the sisterhood (Chieko seems to be the most sensible out of all of them though.) Not for their looks, but for their personalities. They have such unrealistic outlooks on life. Now I understand even more so why people hate NEETs so much. I would hate them too if they were like this (I've met quite a few in my lifetime, so bad memories come about whenever I view it too. :P).

I don't know if it's because their placing more character development on Tsukimi, but I like her so far. She's bordering on being a NEET or a "Fashion Queen", but what she should be is herself.
It seems like this series is dealing with the topic of "Trying to fit in", and for the most part Tsukimi's being herself, but is still trying to fit in with the Sisterhood, who do not deserve such company.

Tsukimi should seriously try to go to school and get a veterinarian degree in Amphibious animals (Specifically preserving, or helping Jellyfish. With all of her knowledge, she could easily get the degree. It's just showing up to class).

Well, that's what you get when you delve into the topic of NEETs. Sadly, people can actually be this unrealistic when it comes to living, this is not fiction.

Keep pursuing your dreams! ~ Wynn
KuandohanSep 25, 2013 12:44 PM
My brother and I compose classical and modern music, please click the link below if you're interested.
http://thesearethetwins.wordpress.com/

Please check out my profile to see what anime I recommend.

Keep pursuing your dreams! ~ Wynn
Dec 29, 2013 12:39 AM

Jan 2013
Great episode.
Very nice transformation.
5/5
Mar 5, 2014 7:34 AM

May 2012
Hoho that makeover sure made her attractive to even make someone like his brother fall for her xD pretty interesting and funny development so let's see what's next!
May 22, 2014 2:04 AM

Jan 2014
HILARIOUS! Love this show so much <3
Wish there were more episodes, though
Jun 24, 2014 12:10 PM

Nov 2011
Plot that brings forth the various aspects of the characters, dialogues often more interesting than it may seem.
The narrative often looks comical, but also knows how to be serious.
Drawings and animations good.
I wonder if they can get all of the beautiful swans?
Oct 2, 2014 8:21 PM
Jun 2013
What a strange political family. It was nice to hear his reasons of why he cross dresses and it makes sense. The brother so far is a douch but who knows maybe that will change.
Jan 10, 2015 2:22 PM
Jun 2013
Great episode! Tho I prefer Tsukimis 'normal' look instead of the make-up one. Also, the Chinese Vampire scene was amazing
Feb 12, 2015 12:39 AM

Nov 2013
This show is hilarious.

I was skeptical at first because the character designs for the girls looked really weird but this anime is funny as heck.

The Chinese vampire scene was a little over the top but I still enjoyed it.

Oh yeah and Kuranosuke makes this show feel so alive.

Another great episode. Onto the next one!

8/10

Jul 18, 2015 12:50 PM

Jul 2014
I knew it, Tsukimi is beautiful but she doesn't realize it herself. The ED is really perfect for this.
LOLed hard at Kuranosuke's older brother crushing on Tsukimi xD
Cringed hard when the sisterhood came out prancing around the older brother lolol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 1, 2016 7:23 AM

Apr 2014
I love the ED of this show. It really drives home the theme
Feb 21, 2017 10:13 AM

Nov 2008
Shuu got so creeped out he wants to tear down Amamizu as soon as possible. I don't blame him.
Feb 27, 2017 2:46 AM

Mar 2015
Whoa she cleans up really great!

And wow they're all thirty-somethings
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Apr 24, 2017 1:32 PM
Aug 2012
this show is perfect from soup to nuts))) damn it's funny and veryclose to real life)
Jun 18, 2017 2:03 PM

Nov 2007
I never ship het ships like ever...but i think i ship Tsukimi and Shuu. Even though he was kinda d-bag but i foresee character development.

The driver and Kuranosuke!

The uncle was great and so was the vampire scene,lmao
Sep 14, 2017 10:29 AM

Dec 2016
How make-up can transform a person... wow o_o Tsukimi looked very pretty :3

hahaha What's got into those girls for goofing around near Shuu? XD It's so silly!

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Sep 24, 2017 4:55 PM

Jan 2014
Oh snap, I wonder if they will start dating? I doubt it... but... would be interesting to see. LOVE THE OP.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Nov 4, 2017 4:07 AM

Jun 2016
Seeing Kuranosuke putting a gel pad on his breast made me snort. Jesus Christ. Apparently, he's crossdressing because he don't want to be his father's successor for being a politician or whatever. Lmfao. And he wants to work in the fashion industry. Daaaang.

Are you telling me that Tsukimi is 30 years old and even her friends!?!?! What the fuck. I always thought she's in still 15 or in her 20s. Lmfao. Probably because all Hanazawa's characters are moe or loli. Jesus.

Tsukimi is so beautiful with makeup on. Hahaha. Then Kuranosuke's big brother fell in love with her. Hahaha. I ship them Tsukimi x Shuu already. Waaaah. If these two didn't end up together then Tsukimi ended with Kuranosuke, I'm gonna hate this show so much. Lmfao.

"Bunch of creepy whackjobs" Pfffffft.

Apparently, Kuranosuke's mother is a singer? And she's the one who inspired him to want to enter the fashion industry. Nice.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Nov 17, 2017 9:22 AM
Nov 2015
OH DAMN ANIKI BLUSHING IS SO CUTEEEEEEE!!!!! And the driver is Takehiko Koyasu!!!!
Oct 31, 2018 11:54 PM

May 2013
Aw. What a shame that Tsukimi didn't appreciate Princess' hard work on that bomb ass makeover! X( Lames. But oh wells. The big brother's crush was so cute hahaha. Love at first sight ;P

We ship Tsukimi and Kuranosuke tho~
Dec 25, 2018 5:45 AM
Jan 2017
I love it !!! Didnt expect it to be sooo good
Jan 19, 2019 6:05 PM

Nov 2016
Not surprising that Tsukimi can also be a beauty, not too sure about the other girls of the sisterhood, tho :S

Hilarious episode again.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 21, 2019 9:47 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
God I'm loving this more and more. The chemistry and reveal of all these gems is truly a good time. Kuranosuke family life and why he dresses the way he does is so simple yet gratifying and I can't wait for Tsukimi development coming.
Apr 8, 2019 12:45 AM

May 2016
As it turns out, unlike her fellow sisters, Tsukimi actually has a chance in the dating world if she dedicates her time to pampering herself up and finding that out made her really conflicted about which one among the Joibuchi brothers to choose.

Onii-sama expected his love story to continue and bear fruit when he arrived at the apartment block but what he actually witnessed was a surreal nightmare.

It looks like Kuranosuke's mom is a fashion designer and she's estranged from the household.

Oct 28, 2019 5:55 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Tsukimi can actually be really pretty if she wants...
May 24, 2020 7:59 PM

Jul 2016
Nice episode overall. It was interesting to know more about Kuranosuke's backgrounds as well as the "reasons" of why he dresses up as a girl. I'm really liking his character so far.

And also, it seems Tsukimi has fallen for Kuranosuke's brother. I honestly wasn't expecting romance in this series so I wonder how that will play out. Especially after such atrocious first impression xD
Jun 4, 2021 11:19 AM

Jan 2021
Tsukimi's Beautiful <3
I love this show so much
Jul 25, 2021 7:07 AM

Mar 2016
that was really fun episode! i finally am enjoying the show! cool
Sep 11, 2021 3:56 AM

Oct 2013
I felt bad for the older brother (even if he wants to get ride of the pension), damn his little brother doing him dirty lol

I hope she realize later on that she can also be a princess jellyfish.
Feb 17, 2022 3:14 PM

Jul 2014
Honestly, if Tsukimi truly thinks the Sisterhood would ostracise her for getting a makeover, she should really get better friends. I'm sure it's at least somewhat intentional, but the Sisterhood are just outright unlikeable so far and all the comedy involving them is just way too over-the-top to actually be funny.

Thankfully, Kuranosuke and Tsukimi's synergy is so strong that I can forgive all that. They're already two very well-developed and realised characters, and I'm eager to see how they and their relationship progress (I very much doubt Shu will be a long-term contender on the romance front, given that he can't recognise Tsukimi for who she normally is and thinks she's creepy).
Aug 13, 2022 11:29 AM

Jun 2007
it's hilarious people are mad that Shuu's disgusted with the nunnery. it was a normal reaction let's be real here. also Banba is so rude smh. and "Mayaya"(what a dumb name) is as obnoxious as ever
Atavistic said:
Honestly, if Tsukimi truly thinks the Sisterhood would ostracise her for getting a makeover, she should really get better friends. I'm sure it's at least somewhat intentional, but the Sisterhood are just outright unlikeable so far and all the comedy involving them is just way too over-the-top to actually be funny.

my thoughts exactly.
but like it's her choice of course if she wants to stay like that. just a bit confusing bc i thought she wanted to be pretty
see you, space cowperson . . .
Nov 4, 2022 1:18 AM
Jul 2018
Too bad her makeup wore off!

Also, Koibuchi's sibling is plastic!
Feb 5, 2023 10:38 PM

Dec 2020
I was expecting them to be like typical high school to mid 20s but 30+ SHEEEEESH
Feb 4, 5:51 AM

Apr 2017
Personally, I don't see Kura x Tsukimi as a good ship. They just read as besties to me. I think it's okay to have a platonic friendship between a guy and a girl. Not everything has to be romance. Like, I just like their current chemistry as besties. With that said, Shuu x Tsukimi has a lot of work to be done, and a lot of development needs to happen for that ship to work. Shuu wanting to demolish their building, simply because he views the residents as unattractive is very icky. Like, that's evil villain type of shit.

Speaking of Kura, I don't get his ideology. He views fashion and music as shallow things. Though ironically enough, the girls at the retro spot are all rather one-note tbh. How is obsessing over jellyfish better than obsessing over fashion and/or music? It's especially hypocritical considering that he obsesses over fashion, but looks down on girls for doing the same thing?
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuragehime Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Dec 30, 2010

232 by Dripz2012 »»
Mar 17, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Kuragehime Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Nov 18, 2010

133 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Feb 4, 6:35 AM

Poll: » Kuragehime Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

magelet - Nov 11, 2010

168 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Feb 4, 6:25 AM

Poll: » Kuragehime Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Jinjos - Oct 28, 2010

132 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Feb 3, 3:31 AM

Poll: » Kuragehime Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Nuzuky - Oct 14, 2010

235 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Feb 1, 6:11 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.