I've Only Played 1 =/
Someone Please Introduce me to the Wonderful world of Visual Novels :D
Apr 14, 2012 4:14 AM

Nov 2010
Random0832 said:
I've Only Played 1 =/
Someone Please Introduce me to the Wonderful world of Visual Novels :D

http://vndb.org/v/all?q=;fil=tagspoil-1.lang-en;o=d;s=rating
Playing any VN from this first page should (or supposed) be a good start.

Although of course it depends at your taste. I'm reluctant to tell any recommendation since taste really varies, I can only give my personal favorites that's probably wasn't too contrasting your first Visual Novel that you liked (which must be Katawa Shoujo, right?). Well, my suggestions are Sharin no Kuni, Symphonic Rain, or maybe Kira*Kira (all of them supposed to be not too long, in opposite to some long VN such as products from KEY). Or maybe short VN such as narcissu, true rememberance or planetarian may be a smooth start.
Apr 14, 2012 11:28 PM

Jan 2011
First one was G-Senjou No Maou, still my favorite. Since then I've play Sharin No Kuni because of G-Senjou, Edelweiss surprisingly good, Kara No Shoujo, Deardrops, Hanachirasu(dropped). Next one I plan to play is Little Busters KiraKira.
Apr 14, 2012 11:30 PM

Jan 2011
Djtrak33 said:
Finished Canvas 2, Fate Stay Night and Tsukihime. Yeah pretty lame list.
Actually playing Deardrops, it seems good.

Play Deardrops, it's the shit. Swaggest protagonist ever. So swag.
Apr 15, 2012 2:06 AM
Mar 2010
1st Linear VN I played was Narcissu, as I was searching for online sources of reading (apart from PDF versions of novels lol). But my first real exposure to VNs was Snow Sakura. IDK, I was attracted to the cover pic at the time :)
Apr 16, 2012 10:14 PM
Mar 2012
My first VN was ef - the tale of the two. After that, I started to get addicted to VNs xD
I'm currently reading Saya no Uta... it's kind of scary ._. too lazy to list all the VNs that I've read so far so I'll just leave it at that..
Apr 24, 2012 6:46 AM

Jan 2012
My very first visual novel was Clannad... I have played the game before I watch the anime... So watching the anime is kinda... umm... It is something like you know what will happen so you're half interested or something...

And the other VN's I have played are Ever 17, G Senjou no Maou, Chaos Head, Tears to Tiara, Utawarerumono, Tsukihime, Fate/Stay Night and Da Capo...

But now I can't play much VN... Because my laptop is broken... And our desktop is in the living room... So I'm limited to playing the non-eroge ones...XD

I'm currently playing Little Buster!... Rated Everyone XD...
Yesterday is history...
Tomorrow is a mystery...
And...
Today is a gift, that's why it's called present.
Apr 27, 2012 6:03 PM

Apr 2011
Completed all currently translated main routes for Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai (Majikoi). Currently playing Fate/Stay Night, Steins;Gate, and CLANNAD. I also have Katawa Shoujo but have yet to play it. I've already watched the anime for both Steins;Gate and CLANNAD, so they're not really my top priority at the moment :P

Apr 29, 2012 3:38 AM
Aug 2011
I only played Ever 17 and shat bricks. And I'm playing Remember 11.
Planning to play Steins;Gate and Fate/Stay Night soon!
May 1, 2012 5:11 AM

Apr 2011
my first Vn was SNow Sakura also :\..but it brought to love Vn which i like ..Well the other 2 Vn that i have played are Fate/Stay Night like most haha and Kira*Kira..Which is my Favorite at the moment..
May 1, 2012 8:23 PM
Mar 2012
I just finished all the routes for Steins; Gate... Best.. VN.... I've ever played.. o_o
Jun 27, 2012 1:18 PM

Aug 2011
I've only played Visual Novels all the way through so far, and they're both from Sake Visual:
> RE-Alistair [Derek was my favorite. :3 ]
> Ripples (Kinetic) [I HIGHLY recommend this super cute and inspiring KN]

I'm currently playing: Katawa Shoujo
Jul 10, 2012 3:42 AM

Oct 2009
Currently, trying really hard to finish Big Bang Age, seriously, Alicesoft games are challenging and time-consuming to me no matter what people say.

Jul 10, 2012 3:43 AM
Apr 2012
I've played Shuffle!, Snow Sakura, Yume Miru Kusuri: a drug that makes you dream, true love, Katawa Shoujo (which was actually my first one), Cat girl alliance (though I highly advise against playing that one), Steins;Gate and am now busy wit Fate/Stay Night. I never expected to love these things so much really.

Btw if anybody has some good titles I could play don't refrain from telling me.

Also, where do you guys find your VNs? I usually go around and search on random torrent sites but it would be awesome if there was one big one with tons of them on it
KingHildebrandtJul 10, 2012 3:50 AM
Jul 14, 2012 12:07 PM

Apr 2012
KingHildebrandt said:
Also, where do you guys find your VNs? I usually go around and search on random torrent sites but it would be awesome if there was one big one with tons of them on it

Erogedownload for english-translated VNs, animesharing for fresh japanese releases.
Jul 17, 2012 2:41 PM

Jul 2011
I have played a lot of different games, but most of them have been a pleasure to play.

Fate/stay night
Tsukihime
Yume miru kusuri
Saya no uta
School days
Ryoujoku guerilla
Discipline - a record of a crusade
Bible black
Koneko doumei
Kanon
Little busters!
Kagetsu tohya
Utawarerumono
Sengoku rance
Katawa shoujo
A kiss for the petals
A kiss for the petals: My prince

Yeah, I think I'm pretty lifeless...
EnkelipoikaJul 17, 2012 3:31 PM
Jul 17, 2012 7:11 PM
Aug 2011
Sadly, I've only played indie visual novels so far XP And I think my first VN was Narcissu.
Aug 2, 2012 7:10 PM

Jun 2010
Mvlv:a, Fate/Stay Night, Ever 17 not much but goooood :D.
Aug 8, 2012 12:02 AM
Mar 2012
Completeds: Fate/stay night, Tsukihime, CLANNAD, Koihime Musou, Utawarerumono, Katawa Shoujo, Chaos;Head, Katahane, Muv-Luv, Muv-Luv Alternative
In Progress: Tears to Tiara, Kamidori Alchemy Meister
Awaiting Full Translation (Partial Patch in Progress): Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai!, Fortune Arterial, Fate/hollow ataraxia, Koisuru Otome to Shugo no Tate
Awaiting Translation (Not in Progress): Aiyoku no Eustia

Not sure how many of those aren't true VNs, but those are the ones on the VNDB that I have.
Aug 9, 2012 5:16 AM

Dec 2008
If things aren't translated you can always try to progress through them yourself. Which is how i am playing 11eyes, Kourin no Machi, and Fortissimo
Aug 9, 2012 12:22 PM

Dec 2011
tysonultima said:
If things aren't translated you can always try to progress through them yourself. Which is how i am playing 11eyes, Kourin no Machi, and Fortissimo
ATLAS?
I blog about eroge at:
Aug 9, 2012 12:46 PM

Apr 2012
tysonultima said:
...things aren't translated ...Fortissimo

But Fortissimo IS translated. It's just not normal translation, but Youtube's one.
Agnastra said:
(Not in Progress): Aiyoku no Eustia

Not so sure about it.
SarruAug 9, 2012 12:49 PM
Aug 9, 2012 1:21 PM

Dec 2008
I use a TA + ITH combo with a bunch of upgraded dictionary definitions. And yea fortissimo i use the youtube subs while playing only cause its siginificantly faster. But Kourin and 11eyes i play 'raw dog' lol. Even though i might drop kourin cause it doesn't look like it will get any good. Really only played it cause the main heroine is looks and is voiced by the same seiyuu that does Haru from G-senjou
Aug 9, 2012 7:07 PM

Dec 2011
tysonultima said:
I use a TA + ITH combo with a bunch of upgraded dictionary definitions. And yea fortissimo i use the youtube subs while playing only cause its siginificantly faster. But Kourin and 11eyes i play 'raw dog' lol. Even though i might drop kourin cause it doesn't look like it will get any good. Really only played it cause the main heroine is looks and is voiced by the same seiyuu that does Haru from G-senjou
From what i've seen, Akabei's games seem to be getting worse and worse. & Sora was VERY average >__>.

I posted my list here a while back, but I've played quite a bit since then. If anyone's interested, my updated list can be found here:
http://amaenboda.wordpress.com/eroge/list/#Aero
I blog about eroge at:
Aug 9, 2012 9:10 PM

Dec 2008
Yea i've just been focusing on 11eyes for today. A friend of mine has played around 200 visual novels so he is waiting till i finish one till he recomends a one of better quality
Oct 12, 2012 7:17 PM

Dec 2009
Completed: Fate Stay Night, Little Busters.

Partial: Clannad

Need to start: Steins;Gate, Chaos;Head

Waiting for translation: Rewrite (reading right now the Common route though), Mahou Tsukai no Yoru.

Want to read: Saya no Uta, Kanon, Air, Tsukihime, 11Eye.
Oct 16, 2012 11:16 AM
Oct 2010
I've played Tsukihime, Tsukihime +, Fate Stay Night, Saya no Uta, Muv Luv, Muv Luv Alternative, Majikoi, School Days (argh), Best Eroge Ever (lulz), Steins;Gate, Ef First Tale.

Im waiting for Mahoyo and World End Economica.
Oct 20, 2012 4:46 AM

Oct 2012
My Vn list http://vndb.org/u29864/list

Can't wait for rewrite >.<
Oct 22, 2012 1:42 AM
Mar 2010
First VN I played was Snow Sakura, while I was hunting for more of Narcissu.

I honestly don't keep track of what VNs I've played but I think I played most of the games you posted :) Last time I completed one was Little Busters, now I'm reading Yume Miru Kusuri.
Oct 24, 2012 7:14 PM

Sep 2011
Finished: Steins;Gate, Tsukihime, Clannad, Little Busters, Ever 17, G-senjou no Maou, Kara no Shoujo, Kikokugai, Muv-Luv and Muv-Luv Alternative.
Playing: Majikoi, Saya no Uta.
Next Ones: Sharin no Kuni, Phantom of Inferno, Majikoi S and Demonbane.
Waiting for Translation: Mahoyo.

My first one was Steins;Gate, after that i decided to play Tsukihime and since then i became a huge VN fan. My favorite is Muv-Luv Alternative.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» Top 5 VNs ( 1 2 3 )

AltriaPendragon - Jun 2, 2013

120 by Fischer77 »»
Jan 28, 2023 5:49 PM

» Top 10 Heroines from all the VN's you have read?

Riptos - Jun 23, 2021

1 by UIGodFather »»
Jul 3, 2021 7:19 AM

» What VN are you currently playing? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MayuAsagiri - Dec 17, 2013

434 by removed-user »»
Apr 25, 2021 6:26 AM

» Member Birthday List ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Mar 8, 2011

126 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Apr 23, 2021 4:51 PM

» Visual Novel Data Base Account ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Jan 29, 2011

106 by removed-user »»
Apr 14, 2021 4:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.