Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 27, 2010 4:40 AM

Nov 2008
lol

just read the spoilers, it doesn't look like Perona is going to join them
Oct 27, 2010 5:14 AM

Aug 2009
yeah going by the spoilers, none of the people who helped the SH in the last 2yrs will be joining the crew but it looks like a great farewell and reunion....my bets on fishman island that they'll get a new nakama
Oct 27, 2010 11:07 AM

Nov 2008
Well, of all people who helped the Strawhats Perona still has the biggest chance to join, as we don't know where her real body is (she was floating when she stopped the marines). And since her ability most likely has a specific range much like Buggy's her body must be somewhere on SA - with the Sunny being one of the many possibilities.

I wouldn't mind her joining at all, since it would create a lot of comedy especially between her and Usopp but I see her overall chances as rather small since she still has a strong connection towards Moria.

So my guess as the next nakama would be someone we haven't seen yet.

But I'm truly glad Hancock didn't join, as I'm tired of all the fanboys loving or hating on her. Also her character doesn't fit into the Strawhats at all.
Oct 27, 2010 2:29 PM

Mar 2008
It almost looked like Perona was gonna join too for a minute. It would have been really entertaining for Sanji to have another girl to goggle over.
Oct 27, 2010 2:35 PM

Jun 2010
Juggernaut6 said:
It almost looked like Perona was gonna join too for a minute. It would have been really entertaining for Sanji to have another girl to goggle over.

Yea when I saw her I was just damn, nice call, and she definitely looked better. But afterwards I just like how all the people that helped them train helped them escape, a touching moment I can only imagine when animated and backed by a nice sentimental theme.

Im still expecting a mermaid different from Camie on Fishman Island.
Oct 27, 2010 3:53 PM

Jun 2009
it was looking that way i actually hoped she would because of how she is frinds with zoro and how ussop is the only person who ins't effected by her power
Oct 27, 2010 5:49 PM

Nov 2008
dynamo_electron said:
it was looking that way i actually hoped she would because of how she is frinds with zoro and how ussop is the only person who ins't effected by her power

what if that changed now?
what if Usopp quit being so negative 0o
Oct 27, 2010 6:18 PM

Aug 2009
hellblaster said:

I can't see Usopp ever quitting being negative until the end of the series....he even proved himself and nami wrong when he claimed he graduated from the scaredy-cat 3 in ch.598 only to be surprised with his fake self

anyways, by the looks of ch.602 it looks like everyone still has the same personality(which I'm really happy about, especially Luffy)

back on topic, whoever does join the SH, I'm thinking they may be a haki user....just crossing my fingers that it'll be a girl(for the eye candy)
Oct 27, 2010 6:30 PM

Jun 2009
hellblaster said:
dynamo_electron said:

what if that changed now?

won't happen thats the base of his personalty people liek me and him won't change.

TensaiShonen said:

back on topic, whoever does join the SH, I'm thinking they may be a haki user....just crossing my fingers that it'll be a girl(for the eye candy)

i don't think it will be a haki user but it can't not be a female butif not i want to see another animal and i think they need aother one.

also they have 5 close range fighter
2 mid range the can to distance and close up
1 long distance
1 support,
so they need another long distance or another mid who can do both
Oct 27, 2010 6:59 PM

Aug 2009
I don't think it'd be another animal(unless your talking about a zoan type) as they already have 1 mascot/pet in the crew and I don't see Oda negating the cuteness that is Chopper by adding another one. As for the long/mid-range fighter, I'm pretty sure that's what the next one will be, someone who probably uses pistols or arrows and if those are imbued with haki that would just make it as epic....so far the only one we know who has haki in the crew is Luffy(although I'm leaning towards that Zoro may have it as well)

..once they hit the new world, I wouldn't be surprised if haki is more readily used then fruit users hence why I think they need another nakama who can freely use haki
Oct 27, 2010 8:49 PM

Mar 2008
I think its safe to say that Zoro and Sanji both now know how to imbue haki into their attacks. I don't think they one-hit-killed the Pacifistas with just their strength alone. It had to be haki. Remember how it took a combination of all three (the monster trio) of their most powerful attacks just to bring one Pacifista down? I don't think working out for three years would make them strong enough to pwn them the way they did. They must have learned to use haki.

And as for the next crew mate, I doubt Oda will feel like coming up with an excuse or explanation on why another animal can talk.
Oct 27, 2010 9:07 PM

Jun 2009
Juggernaut6 said:

And as for the next crew mate, I doubt Oda will feel like coming up with an excuse or explanation on why another animal can talk.
he has yet to explain the bear im nt bother too looking up his name. o who says he has to it could be like a navy experiment and this about the star fish can u call that a reason
Oct 27, 2010 9:28 PM

Aug 2009
dynamo_electron said:
Juggernaut6 said:

he has yet to explain the bear im nt bother too looking up his name. o who says he has to it could be like a navy experiment and this about the star fish can u call that a reason

they weren't part of the crew so was left to the imagination for the reader, whereas if the SH got a new animal Oda would have to go around explaining in full detail like what happened with Chopper

Juggernaut6 said:
I think its safe to say that Zoro and Sanji both now know how to imbue haki into their attacks. I don't think they one-hit-killed the Pacifistas with just their strength alone. It had to be haki. Remember how it took a combination of all three (the monster trio) of their most powerful attacks just to bring one Pacifista down? I don't think working out for three years would make them strong enough to pwn them the way they did. They must have learned to use haki..

in less than a year from when the SH's traveled the first half of the grandline, Zoro became a mediocre swordsman(who was only famous in East Blue) to someone who could cut the puffing tom in half, all through pure strength so it wouldn't be surprising if he's honed that strength.....same goes for Sanji

I do hope that they did learn haki(zoro & sanji) as it will be their main force to use for the second half of the grandline, but I just hope the Haōshoku haki isn't taken lightly(as in every boss fight Luffy get's into has it) or else it'll ruin the point of it being especially gifted to one in a million
Oct 27, 2010 9:42 PM

Jun 2009
TensaiShonen said:

I do hope that they did learn haki(zoro & sanji) as it will be their main force to use for the second half of the grandline, but I just hope the Haōshoku haki isn't taken lightly(as in every boss fight Luffy get's into has it) or else it'll ruin the point of it being especially gifted to one in a million
i don't think it will be taken light and we all knwo the straw hats are sepical so i could be like 3 or 5 of them are all one in a million
Oct 29, 2010 2:25 AM

Mar 2008
Possible signs that Zoro could have haki.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4XN70obwxM
Oct 29, 2010 2:37 AM

Aug 2009
Juggernaut6 said:
Possible signs that Zoro could have haki.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4XN70obwxM

I've seen that ep a fair few times and once I had thought it might have been haki surfacing within Zoro, but considering he's one bad ass of a character in the first place, that stare he gave to those shitty bounty hunters is no sign that he may have haki...that's more of a death stare/presence(saki? in jap), which Scratchman Apoo had described him as a wild beast when Zoro attempted to cut down that tenryuubito

anyways, we'll find out sooner or later who has haki, and my bet is that Zoro and Sanji does but I doubt either have the Haōshoku

a few guys from my uni think Brook has haki as well after that concert, but i'm begging to differ
Oct 29, 2010 12:16 PM

Jun 2009
TensaiShonen said:

a few guys from my uni think Brook has haki as well after that concert, but i'm begging to differ

whats there proff it`s not like he knew hw navy was comming or anything he jsut is auslees waite of link and paper
Oct 29, 2010 1:42 PM

Mar 2008
What's with all the Brook hate? He's a pretty cool guy. Just because he jokes too much and is afraid of ghosts and stuff like that and he's not as good a swordsman as Zoro, does not make him useless. Robin and Franky would be dead if he didn't step in and save them from Talleran at Thriller Bark. As a matter of fact, all the Straw Hats would be dead if he didn't tell them about the salt being the zombies' weakness. And Hanauta Sancho Yahazu Giri is one of the coolest attacks.
Oct 29, 2010 2:22 PM

Jun 2009
Juggernaut6 said:
What's with all the Brook hate? He's a pretty cool guy. Just because he jokes too much and is afraid of ghosts and stuff like that and he's not as good a swordsman as Zoro, does not make him useless. Robin and Franky would be dead if he didn't step in and save them from Talleran at Thriller Bark. As a matter of fact, all the Straw Hats would be dead if he didn't tell them about the salt being the zombies' weakness. And Hanauta Sancho Yahazu Giri is one of the coolest attacks.

and they already have a pervert , iand his voice
Oct 29, 2010 4:50 PM

Mar 2008
His voice is fine and perverts are funny.
Oct 29, 2010 5:30 PM

Aug 2009
i actually don't mind brook as he's funny when he's perverted....I just don't like how he keeps saying he's dead already or he's missing a body part in every clip we see hm in.....it's starting to get old
Oct 29, 2010 9:26 PM

Jun 2009
TensaiShonen said:
i actually don't mind brook as he's funny when he's perverted....I just don't like how he keeps saying he's dead already or he's missing a body part in every clip we see hm in.....it's starting to get old

it's that and he could be apervert jsut not such an out there one it and the kokes are opsit of his personalty a gentleman
Oct 30, 2010 8:14 PM

Jul 2008
and Luffy said he needed a musician way back in the series.. so Brook can stay <3
Jan 22, 2011 7:46 PM

May 2009
ok, I honestly though Hancock was going to join BUT, reading the post apparently, she isnt, that would have been amazing (my opinion)
Mar 30, 2011 7:00 AM

Mar 2011
I'd vote for Hancock, but Oda is kind of unpredictable. :D So I doubt that she will join the crew. I would be awesome if she joined though...Luffy's harem is getting bigger. :D
Jul 8, 2011 4:20 PM

Oct 2010
Their next crewmate should be Jimbei
his position on the ship could be diver and drowning Fruit User rescue person
it would add diversity to the crew to have a fishman on-board(what with the theme of racism in the current story arc)
he is a very powerful fighter (being able to stand up to akainu's attacks) and being a master of fishman karate allows him to be the closest thing to a water devil fruit user in the one piece world

Shirahoshi is a no no, remeber vivi? she has a kingdom to run you know! and she's too big to fit on the ship and no she won't swim next to them, and i don't care that she has the ability to summon sea kings, thats a better power for defending her kingdom anyways I understand you want one or all of these things(giant, female, mermaid/fishman) but it just won't work
Boa Hancock for the same reason, she can't join or Amazon Lily is screwed
Perona and Heracles are dumb ideas, they are allies, not potential crewmates(Smoker has a better chance then they do)
Hachi and Camie? come on are you retarded? they have no reason to join
Mr. 2 has a better chance at being alive AND joining than all of these people combined (not saying I think he should join)
Jul 15, 2011 10:59 PM

Dec 2010
I think it is a character that has not appeared yet, like an artist or something similar in that genre.

He would use paint brushes/chisels to fight, and it would take care of that bronze statue Luffy said he wants for his ship in the beginning of the series.
Jul 15, 2011 11:57 PM

Mar 2011
I think it is Gecko Moria.

Jul 16, 2011 12:20 AM

Oct 2010
please tell me your joking
Jul 16, 2011 12:24 AM

Mar 2011
I'm joking. But who knows? Oda is always full of surprises.

Jul 16, 2011 1:08 AM

Oct 2010
true dat!
Oct 13, 2011 7:34 PM
Nov 2009
I put Boa, but it is very unlikely... I was hoping either a mermaid/merman would join, or later on maybe Boxer? Whenever she first appeared I thought Marguerite would be a new member but so far that hasn't proven very likely at all... Maybe Sabo's Alive somehow knowing Oda? He probably added Sabo to Luffy's history for some reason, right?
Oct 14, 2011 6:32 AM

Jul 2009
Sure, but I doubt Sabo would join Luffy's crew
Oct 14, 2011 12:25 PM
Oct 2011
previously someone said they had 8 crew members i forgot where. well when luffy and usopp fought about the ship and how it was one of the crew members, i wonder if that plays a role. like there are 8 people and a ship...which makes 9. my question really is if they consider the ship a crew mate or not...if not they have 2 more nakama to acquire, if it is then just 1
Oct 15, 2011 2:37 AM
Jul 2018
the chapter that brook joined was called The Eighth(489) so 2 more.
Oct 15, 2011 2:46 AM
Jun 2011
I think it will be Jinbei or "character has not appeared yet"
Oct 15, 2011 8:08 AM

Nov 2008
I doubt it'll be Jinbei, i think he'll stay behind to help rebuild the fishman island
It'll probably be someone from the New World
Oct 15, 2011 9:46 AM

Mar 2008
Jinbei is already a boss. After this current arc is over, Fishman Island will need strong leaders like him to help rebuild. And with Big Mam seemingly neglecting her promise of protecting the place, that's all the more reason why Jinbei will not want to join the Straw Hats. I was really hoping that a mermaid or half mermaid would join the crew but that is seeming very unlikely now. I doubt they would add a new crew member this early in the New World arc anyway. This part of the arc is mostly for regrouping the Straw Hats and giving them time to catch up and show off some of the results of their training. So whoever joins, it will most likely be someone we meet within the next few arcs. (I'm hoping it's a girl. There's too many guys.)
Oct 15, 2011 9:57 AM

Oct 2010
I guess you're right, but Jimbei is waaaay more plausible then god damn Hancock and Shirahoshi combined!
My opinion on a fishman/mermaid joining still stands. Maybe it'll happen now, or in the New World, but it has to happen eventually.
Oct 15, 2011 12:49 PM
Nov 2009
100th reply in this thread! lol. I doubt Sabo will join either, I was just saying I hope to see him in the new world. I hope a Merman or Mermaid joins too. I hope it's a merman and another girl joins later, because I bet it'd get annoying having a crew member that couldn't walk on land all the time.
Oct 15, 2011 10:35 PM
Aug 2009
Luffygotgum said:
previously someone said they had 8 crew members i forgot where. well when luffy and usopp fought about the ship and how it was one of the crew members, i wonder if that plays a role. like there are 8 people and a ship...which makes 9. my question really is if they consider the ship a crew mate or not...if not they have 2 more nakama to acquire, if it is then just 1

I think they would be finished with recruitment if they counted something like that. Usopp would be counted as 2 because of Sogeking.

moklyop said:
his position on the ship could be diver and drowning Fruit User rescue person

lmao nice

Anyway, I just hope there will be at least 1 new member who is another Luffy/Zoro/Sanji in terms of strength and reliability, or at least a Robin. I love Brook, but the Straw Hats need another combat oriented character.

I don't think the new member has been introduced yet. The characters I "want/hope", but is very unlikely, to see join the straw hat crew are Sabo, Sabo, Sabo, and Sabo. I also think Sabo would be a very good choice. I don't think they're even alive though :/
Oct 17, 2011 6:25 AM

Jul 2009
fialdestiny said:

I don't think the new member has been introduced yet. The characters I "want/hope", but is very unlikely, to see join the straw hat crew are Sabo, Sabo, Sabo, and Sabo. I also think Sabo would be a very good choice. I don't think they're even alive though :/

I honestly don't think Sabo will join the Straw Hats... It has already been shown that ASL couldn't be on the same crew because they all want to be captains.
Oct 17, 2011 3:04 PM

Mar 2008
codegeassfan said:
100th reply in this thread! lol. I doubt Sabo will join either, I was just saying I hope to see him in the new world. I hope a Merman or Mermaid joins too. I hope it's a merman and another girl joins later, because I bet it'd get annoying having a crew member that couldn't walk on land all the time.

That's why I think it should be a half-human half-mermaid so that she can walk on land but still be an expert in water. Her weapon could be a fishing pole/harpoon thing, whatever you call those. And she could be a master of fishman kenpo as well as communicating with sea creatures. As for her position on the ship, maybe she could be a maid. (i have a maid fetish)
Oct 17, 2011 5:55 PM
Nov 2009
Haha, I wish Sabo would join, but it's very unlikely. At the same time, I don't think he's dead, otherwise it would've been completely pointless to introduce him to Luffy's past at such a late part of the series. Oda wouldn't do that to us then just kill him off would he? :'(
Oct 17, 2011 8:44 PM

Mar 2008
I don't believe Oda ever does anything without purpose. I think we'll be seeing Sabo again but I doubt he would join.
Oct 19, 2011 1:43 AM

Sep 2008
Didn't he die back there?
Oct 19, 2011 2:28 PM

Jul 2009
We can't be sure about that, no one saw any bodies
Nov 29, 2011 11:50 PM

Jun 2009
why i say vivi
Nov 30, 2011 9:27 AM

Oct 2010
I was right, Jinbei is the new Strawhat.
Luffy asks him to join at the end of chapter 648.
Better luck next time everybody!
Now a new discussion shall be made, who will join next in the New World? The Strawhats need another female. Perhaps Vivi has become badass AND useful after the time skip?
Nov 30, 2011 12:04 PM

Jul 2009
Moklyop said:
I was right, Jinbei is the new Strawhat.
Better luck next time everybody!

Lol, you want a cookie for that or something?

It was nothing unexpected and I really can't understand how you can be happy about it. Jinbei doesn't have an unique personality or looks or wtv. What makes him is unique is being a fishman and this arc could have introduced a new fishman that would join the crew.

I still don't see the point of this arc tbh. If it was to bring a new nakama along Oda could have introduced a new exciting character not bring someone like Jinbei. No doubt he'll be useful, but I don't see how he's gonna fit the crew funny nonsenses unless Oda wants to turn One Piece into a more serious show but I don't think it'll become that serious. I don't see Jinbei being anyone's favourite character but Oda knows better I guess...

I just hope the next nakama will make up for Jinbei
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Who are your favorite characters? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

gmgkng - Mar 19, 2010

282 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Oct 7, 2023 3:36 PM

Sticky: » New nakama? Introduce yourself! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Alipio - Mar 3, 2010

652 by Kai_Dou »»
Jul 25, 2023 8:35 AM

» Which is your favorite one piece movie?

Paituwin - Sep 1, 2021

7 by umie_dakara »»
Feb 11, 2022 9:32 AM

» ★ Random Image Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

la_tigra - Mar 13, 2010

355 by Kwaxiiiii »»
Jan 17, 2022 10:10 PM

Sticky: Poll: » How did you find this club?

Alipio - Jun 8, 2011

45 by tookthisusername »»
Oct 5, 2021 7:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.