Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Dec 3, 2013 1:48 AM

Mar 2012
Elfuun said:
Good, the doctor realized it earlier than I expected.

And it seems that Masao is coming back "alive" in the next episode, creepier than ever.

I have a feeling that will haunt my dreams for a while >.>
Feb 1, 2014 8:46 PM

Aug 2013
The doctor really lost it while I can understand why. That feeling of powerlessness for a doctor must be awful. But it look like a bell rang in his head.

The blood infusion path seem interresting, but it look like they are still ''possessed''.

At the beginning, it seemed like only Natsuno was on the path of vampire, but now more and more people seem suspicious about it.

That creepy blue-haired vampire stalking kids behing a tree... I have a feeling that little boy will soon go sick...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 2, 2015 6:12 PM

Jun 2014
Eww the bug went inside his mouth

Ooo I went into this series thinking that they didn't believe or hear about vampires. I was wrong, there are even movies about them.

Jan 2, 2015 9:32 PM

Jan 2014
The villagers are finally beginning to connect the dots (pun intended).
GanbatteBakemonoJan 2, 2015 10:12 PM
May 22, 2015 5:37 PM

Oct 2013
shit that was an awesome and exciting ending. I was really concerned this entire series would be village being slaughtered by vampires while the villagers have absolutely no clue what's going on, but a few people are already on to them and the series is barely a quarter finished. I hope it actually progresses from here, not some stupid, "HAHAHA VAMPIRES YEAH RIGHT" asinine nonsense. Yuuki should've told Toshio what happened with Megumi.

Still, very promising plot direction assuming it doesn't go and blow it.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
May 26, 2015 10:54 AM

Jan 2014
I want to see that doctor dead.
Not as a vampire though, just dead.
And I'm still waiting for my vampire Masao ;-;
Jun 26, 2015 1:49 AM

Jun 2011
It was satisfying to see that the doctor finally got an idea of what's happening, after few episodes of going into the wrong direction, those were frustrating for him, as well as for me to watch.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Aug 4, 2015 7:41 PM

Feb 2013
Ah so we're finally making progress.
Sep 1, 2015 5:31 AM

May 2010
Ozaki is a great character. Not only he has one of the better and original character designs, but also he is trying to find the solution to the disease. All while being a doctor. I'd say he's pretty original esp. if you look it from "anime stereotypes" angle. I love his personality, too.

And yay, finally he knows. Thanks to Natsuno for dropping a good hint.
Oct 14, 2015 10:10 PM

Jul 2014
So Ozaki yells at the monk for thinking there's a correlation between the people's deaths and them quitting their jobs...but when the new kid in town gets him to mention vampires, he believes it immediately?
Feb 2, 2016 4:18 AM

Aug 2014
Since Masao is left alone there is a possibility for him to become very evil .
Doctor Ozaki seems really cool , its good to give him more screen time .
Good episode .
Feb 5, 2016 4:28 AM

Jun 2013
Ahhh that moment when Toshio says "vampires" and it just hits him gave me chills.

I love those "moments of realization," especially when it takes a long time to get to
Feb 21, 2016 11:53 AM

Sep 2012
Great episode. Some people are starting to catch on what is going on.
Mar 27, 2016 10:00 AM

Feb 2015
stevewiess01 said:
i liked how Shiki managed to avoid the cliches of vampire fictions while adding some Japanese folklore elements to it. ;)

i was just about to say that.

KingOmerta said:
Jaymie said:

She's a little girl who can find her way to a temple while it's pitch black outside, and she apparently cannot go out in the sunlight. The priest writes vampire fiction, so it's odd that he wasn't yet able to connect any dots.

honestly, I think the priest has his suspicions...because he was really the first to realize it wasnt a normal epademic...(trying to tell the doctor)

but come on even though she is a vampire is also a little girl

& at the moment she doesnt pose a threat

ikr
-----
good! way to go doctor! he figured it out. i really wanted to pat him on the back for thinking it out.
Apr 23, 2016 10:49 AM

Jan 2013
THIAGO said:
So Ozaki yells at the monk for thinking there's a correlation between the people's deaths and them quitting their jobs...but when the new kid in town gets him to mention vampires, he believes it immediately?

Yeah that was kind of weird, I guess he just put all the evidence together in his mind the moment he said "vampires" even if it was just random.
Jul 22, 2016 3:05 PM

Jan 2014
Dhuaine said:
I loved how the sudden revelation struck the doctor. It's perfectly plausible for a serious educated man to try to make up proper scientific explanation and omit other possibilities, especially supernatural ones.

This, exactly.

Even apart from the fact that he didn't turn out to be another dense anime mofo, that realisation, when it hit him, was just so well handled.

minouneetzoe said:
The blood infusion path seem interresting, but it look like they are still ''possessed''.

They seem to be charmed into acting as a source of nutrition repeatedly. That's why all victims still had only good things to say about the Kanemasa family, and that's why those working outside of town quit their jobs.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Oct 15, 2016 12:47 AM

Jul 2008
The doc figured it out, and transfusions work...but if the vampires keep coming back then it's all for naught.
Nov 17, 2016 3:17 PM
Dec 2014
KatakuriMojo said:
Am I the only one or do other people also want Natsuno and Toshio to work together? I think the little girl seems quite friendly, but I'm not sure if she's just pretending to o.O
Can't wait to watch the next episode!

Cute little vampire girl? RUN AWAY

Nice to see a vampire story set in Japan. Cool fusion.
Jan 28, 2017 3:58 AM

Aug 2016
*huff.... at last the doctor got it that anemia can be treated with transfusion, lol
well its funny for a doctor to accept vampire (supernatural things) as a cause of disease, since doctor should think logically, but he is kinda a lousy doctor so...
Feb 21, 2017 6:10 PM

Sep 2014
A blood transfusion should've happened a lot earlier in the show. I mean the cause of death isn't anemia, but the doctor should've at least treated the symptom that he clearly witnessed.

Anyway, I'm really enjoying the medical approach. Toshio might start believing in the supernatural, I mean there have been hints to point into that direction of him questioning his own results.

Fried_Potato said:
*huff.... at last the doctor got it that anemia can be treated with transfusion, lol

Haha I knew that you would finally be happy that a blood transfusion happened.
GokuFeb 21, 2017 6:20 PM
Apr 11, 2017 9:38 PM

Apr 2014
i'm kinda glad the Doc isn't some super genius who can pick up on everything, that was my fear when he was introduced. he's actually kinda oblivious to his surroundings, which makes him a more interesting character...or maybe just stupid...well we'll see how it goes

the priest makes good points about the jobs and moved out families and the Doc thinks it's ridiculous but then realizes everything after a remark about vampires? cool

also that cat ears guy looks ridiculous, i can't take him seriously as an antagonist

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 5, 2017 8:02 AM
Jun 2016
This anime is very good at making me question what the heck is happening.
Jul 18, 2017 1:10 PM

Mar 2017
Looks like we finally get started with the vampire investigation!
I really love the pacing of this anime. It doesn't rush things and doesn't have to rely on cheap action in the beginning to keep the viewers interested. It really works well as some kind of mystery, and even though I am still not a big fan of the art style it still manages to create a really cool atmosphere. I can't wait to see where it goes from here!
Oct 19, 2017 11:37 PM

Apr 2016
Oho it seems like they’re really close to the terrifying truth. They find it hard to believe it but all the most « believable » theories doesn’t work...

This is getting really interesting, dang it’s been so long since i wanted to binge watch an anime.
Sup
Apr 22, 2019 10:32 PM

Dec 2013
Whoah, so the doctor is getting an idea already? Still, a lot of people is getting affected. That shrine priest is talking to Sunako chan! I hope they will found out about this.

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

May 27, 2019 4:32 PM

May 2008
5 episodes and FINALLY he tried the blood transfusion. Of course he goes "Whaa? The blood transfusion worked??". Not to mention, thinking two perfect spaced bites are just "insect" bites. What insect bites into two areas at once? Add in the fact that he doesn't bother to do ANY research...

A bunch of people defending the guy, but seriously. The dude refused to put two and two together and didn't even bother to take every route UNTIL 30+ people died; even if you don't think "vampire" you'd be researching your butt off and trying everything you could. Then getting angry at the priest? Please. It'd be one thing if they portrayed him as a lazy doctor who let himself go because of how routine it all got, but they didn't. And that ruined whatever they were trying to do with his character.

Never thought I'd see the day where someone could think scientifically, but not at all logically. Toshio is probably the worst thing about this show. The writing around him is appalling.

Natsuno at least got active once he realized. And even he didn't quite believe it despite seeing it.

Oct 3, 2019 3:37 PM

Jan 2016
I wonder if the transfusion is actually going to fully work or not
Dec 12, 2019 1:41 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
It seems they now have a slight hint at what might be going on.
I feel so bad for Masao, being ignored to the extent of him dying with no one else realizing, probably until his corpse unleashes an unbearable smell and they find him enveloped in maggots.
Nov 25, 2020 12:02 AM

Dec 2018
the doctor is smart and seems like he'll figure this out
but it seems to be the end for those two kids ;~;
Dec 3, 2020 2:46 AM
Jul 2018
Sakarii said:
5 episodes and FINALLY he tried the blood transfusion. Of course he goes "Whaa? The blood transfusion worked??". Not to mention, thinking two perfect spaced bites are just "insect" bites. What insect bites into two areas at once? Add in the fact that he doesn't bother to do ANY research...

A bunch of people defending the guy, but seriously. The dude refused to put two and two together and didn't even bother to take every route UNTIL 30+ people died; even if you don't think "vampire" you'd be researching your butt off and trying everything you could. Then getting angry at the priest? Please. It'd be one thing if they portrayed him as a lazy doctor who let himself go because of how routine it all got, but they didn't. And that ruined whatever they were trying to do with his character.

Never thought I'd see the day where someone could think scientifically, but not at all logically. Toshio is probably the worst thing about this show. The writing around him is appalling.

Natsuno at least got active once he realized. And even he didn't quite believe it despite seeing it.

The anime setting is not of a place where the supernatural already exists and people are aware of them such as Tokyo Ghoul but rather of the real world and as such obviously no one would think of the possibility of vampires , also he is a doctor and someone with such a profession would think about multiple deaths with the same symptoms as an epidemic
Dec 9, 2020 10:09 AM

May 2008
Dragonland04 said:
The anime setting is not of a place where the supernatural already exists and people are aware of them such as Tokyo Ghoul but rather of the real world and as such obviously no one would think of the possibility of vampires , also he is a doctor and someone with such a profession would think about multiple deaths with the same symptoms as an epidemic

1) It's a rural setting; they'd be more superstitious by default.

2) Anyone with two eyes can the "bite". Any sane doctor would think animal or parasite attack and do research based on the bite. That's literally what they do for cases in the real world when people have issues (especially with parasites) - research symptoms, unusual marks, etc.

You're making excuses for bad writing.
Jun 6, 2021 12:26 AM

Jan 2020
Heh, Yuuki is either oblivious or very rude, watching a horror movie in a mourning family's house.

I'm still waiting for Tooru's family to die.

The truck guy gonna kill the kids...
Jun 6, 2021 12:30 AM

Jan 2020
Well of course a doctor and a priest will got into a debate
Aug 21, 2021 11:23 AM

Dec 2018
you know it's a good show when suddenly it's over and you don't even feel like time has passed. i'm not even into vampire/zombie/werewolf stuff but this show is great.
Dec 1, 2021 11:25 AM

Mar 2019
Seems like they found out, nice Natsuno!! Sadly the whole thing stopped being scary so the horror part disappeared, now the characters and story need to continue making this entertaining.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jan 24, 2022 10:28 AM
Nov 2020
I'm flabbergasted how good this is show is going
Sep 8, 2023 8:06 PM

Nov 2010
People quitting jobs before death, and families moving out of the village in a hurry. I wonder how relevant it is in the future. That vampiric curse or virus has such a weird effect.

Those kids are f*cked, but even if they didn't do anything, they are still f*cked.
Nov 23, 2023 2:52 PM

Jul 2016
Dr. Ozaki is being such an interesting character so far.
Though it's weird how after 25+ deaths, the show finally addresses the blood transfusion treatment.
Dec 20, 2023 6:02 AM

Jul 2022
The realization part
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shiki Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 30, 2010

958 by mairyland »»
Apr 10, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Dec 9, 2010

202 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 5:46 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 2, 2010

312 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Nov 25, 2010

226 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Nuzuky - Oct 14, 2010

245 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 12:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.