Forum Settings
Forums
xxxHOLiC Omnibus
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 12, 2010 4:00 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 27, 2010 1:49 AM

Apr 2009
All's fair in love and war, but that bitch is too creepy... Doumeki's relation is probably with Kohane, but I'm sure the majority will assume it's Watanuki, just because... (´_ゝ`)
Aug 27, 2010 5:22 AM

Dec 2008
This was a great chapter!!! One of the best since Yuuko is not part of the store now. It seems that Doumeki is seeing Kohane, which is why Watanuki didn't want either of them to come to the store. But, I wonder who Watanuki desires...

Could he still have feelings for Himawari even though shes married now? Could he be in love with Doumeki even though Doumeki is with Kohane?

Well, it's all just speculation. Can't wait to see how it all turns out!
Aug 27, 2010 6:21 AM

Apr 2008
VillettaIchihara said:
This was a great chapter!!! One of the best since Yuuko is not part of the store now. It seems that Doumeki is seeing Kohane, which is why Watanuki didn't want either of them to come to the store. But, I wonder who Watanuki desires...

Could he still have feelings for Himawari even though shes married now? Could he be in love with Doumeki even though Doumeki is with Kohane?

Well, it's all just speculation. Can't wait to see how it all turns out!

I think the person Watanuki desires to see is Yuuko (butterfly reflected in his eyes).
Aug 27, 2010 9:16 AM

Aug 2008
What a powerful ending... "I've lost count of how many wishes I've granted, but always human desires have been troublesome..." Wow wow... Well since we're back to the old times pace, I loved this chapter... the best since Yuuko left? Not at all... I loved those where Kohane appeared... they're so... meaningful?

That woman was so creepy... and Time still goes on! First Rou chappie was when Doumeki still was a student in his Uni, and now looks like he's an assistant or even a teacher... What the heck happened here... the time skips are so hard to track sometimes....

Watanuki dun undertand... but looks like he loes Doumeki? The hint was so... Dunno how to say it... was so evident... so obvious... it's that or Watanuki feels that he's protecting his most valued employee... But somehow I feel he's becoming tired of all this mess and is slowling turnign for bad...

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 27, 2010 10:42 AM

Oct 2009
Love this chapter, especially the concept of liking someone vs. yearning for them, I'm sure many people can relate to this in one way or another.

The irony at the end was just so sad =(
Aug 27, 2010 7:46 PM

Feb 2008
ReaperEXE said:
All's fair in love and war, but that bitch is too creepy... Doumeki's relation is probably with Kohane, but I'm sure the majority will assume it's Watanuki, just because... (´_ゝ`)

i don't know. its kind of hard to tell who goes which way. kohane could easily be with wata. in any case this was a very good chapter. plenty long and very interesting. this is how manga should read.
Aug 30, 2010 2:47 PM

Feb 2008
Why do people think Doumeki is with Kohane? Did I miss something obvious? It seems very un-Clamp like to throw those two together. My thought is that the rumored "associate" of Doumeki is just that, a rumor. He spends a lot of his time at the shop or doing things for Watanuki so it's not surprising that people at his work might assume he's spending time with a girlfriend or something. If the woman was talking about Kohane she would have used different words imo.

Doumeki is pretty devoted to Watanuki though. I have a hard time believing that he doesn't have at least some feelings for him that go beyond simple friendship. It seems pretty obvious lol.

The butterfly in Watanuki's eye at the end ;___; He wants to see Yuuko.
Sep 11, 2010 4:58 PM

Nov 2008
I am also of the opinion that the person Doumeki is "associated" with is Watanuki, he spends an awful lot of time with him/doing things for him... does he even have time for a girlfriend? xD

I liked this chapter! The woman was creepy!
Sep 12, 2010 7:33 AM

Nov 2009
Yeah i am on the side that Watanuki is the associate that the rumor is talking about. However i think that it could also be Kohane, but since there is no hard evidence it is just a matter of preference.
Then again, this is the guy that forgot Himawari was married. I just can't recall that for some reason. O.o Good chapter though.
Sep 13, 2010 5:45 PM

Jul 2009
I always like the wishes where human desire are involved in xxxholic but sometimes I feel the manga is lacking direction somewhat.
Sep 17, 2010 10:26 PM

Jun 2007
The whole time Watanuki was talking to the woman I was wondering if he felt the same for Yuuko and then he wonders the same thing...

Btw he looks delicious on the first panel xD
Sep 24, 2010 8:31 PM

May 2010
So is it just me or is Watanuki actually starting to fall for Doumeki?
Sep 25, 2010 3:23 PM

Sep 2010
helur said:
Yeah i am on the side that Watanuki is the associate that the rumor is talking about. However i think that it could also be Kohane, but since there is no hard evidence it is just a matter of preference.
Then again, this is the guy that forgot Himawari was married. I just can't recall that for some reason. O.o Good chapter though.

Same thing here. According to me, the person who Doumeki is supposedly associated with is Watanuki. I really don't think it's Kohane - Doumeki's interactions with her are clearly those of an older brother, and his stalker would surely have come to the same conclusion if she saw them together. I think that people believe Doumeki is seeing someone because he spends so much time at the shop.

But Kohane is also a potential associate, since Doumeki probably spends quite some time with her during their missions for Watanuki. She must be one of the few girls whom he voluntarily speaks to. That could be the reason why Watanuki wants to give Kohane protective charms too.

As for Himawari being engaged, are you sure it was said in the manga ? I know it was said in the anime (xxxHolic Rou), but I don't remember reading it on the scans. Then again, scanlations are not always of a good quality, so maybe I just missed it. I don't consider anime cannon, so I would really want to know in which chapter it was.

As for Doumeki and Watanuki's current relationship, CLAMP repeated often enough that they had a deep connection for me to believe that they are one of their "soul pairings". It's most probably a one-sided love, too (Doumeki's reaction to Watanuki giving him the peach ring still makes me chuckle - how is that for subtext?). In my opinion, it's far from being reciprocated at the moment: Watanuki himself admits that he doesn't know what everybody loves about Doumeki. Perhaps thinking about it will make Watanuki realise a few things... =P
Oct 14, 2010 12:22 PM

Feb 2009
I missed the old Watanuki when he is too serious like that it breaks my heart.

Domeki x Kanahe really? Since when?

It is not the first time someone confess to Doumeki; remember one of the twin girls that was bind by words. Doumeki turned her down saying he has someone else, but we all know that he doesn't have a girlfriend that he spends almost all his free time hanging with Watanuki, so is Watanuki the one he likes?

Himawari and Kanahe for some reason do not seem to be romantically involve with either of them they are more like good friends and sister-like relationship, as for Youko it is more motherly like. Which let me to believe these 2 are playing a cat and mouse game. I mean for all Doumeki went through for Watanuki could just a best friend goes to all that trouble?

More topics from this board

» How many chapters does this have?

Zaldun - Aug 22, 2018

7 by StewedBeefHaunch »»
Apr 7, 10:38 PM

Poll: » xxxHOLiC Chapter 213 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Feb 9, 2011

114 by 1stburneracct »»
Mar 17, 3:29 AM

» How to continue xxxholic?

CrystalKing - Aug 9, 2023

2 by n7pidgey »»
Aug 10, 2023 8:07 AM

» Manga Price Gouging

Kairoku - Jul 27, 2013

2 by AstarionAncunin »»
Oct 13, 2022 7:09 AM

» omnibus release quality

elgatosaika - Dec 1, 2021

2 by elgatosaika »»
Jan 3, 2022 7:54 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.