Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 31, 2010 2:06 PM

May 2009
coderlan said:
I'm really depressed he chose Nishino. Well, so sorry for him.
He obviously chose the superior waifu.
Jul 27, 2010 6:49 AM

May 2010
i love the way manaka and tsukasa ended up well when i put it like this

manaka x aya a pair made by the heavens

manaka x satsuki a pair made by similarity

but manaka x tsukasa i a pair made by fate and destiny

I'll try to explain

first aya their fated meeting was kind of a angel falling from the skies that started everything they are a pair made by the heaven because the way they compliment each other they are way to perfect for each other

manaka was the one that gave toujo the courage and toujo gave manaka a chance but just dream goal wise

satsuki their relationship is like super best buddies someone you can live with but not exactly someone you can be with they just have common interest thats the start why satsuki fall in for manaka she could be herself

and finally tsukasa and manaka it was fate enough that he mistook her for aya it was fate that they ended near each other even if they are far away they are constantly pulled by fate the hamberger shop the reason why tsukasa started working at a pastry and had a goal in life her realistic personality and her loveable ways their relation ship is like i will push you so you can reach your goal and vise versa

the reason why they ended up is because of aya because she was so itrovert she actually have manaka at her hand if she was a bit couragous it wouldnt have ended up like that

i will re state a line in ichigo i dont know what chapter but its the scene where manaka last saw aya at the swing it pains him more that tsukasa is sad rather than aya crying at front of him that just shows how much resolve he has for tsukasa commonly if their is a girl at front cries her feeling she you will definitly look at her be sad for her but in his case he was more concern for tsukasa

and another thing the ending of the notebook novel it was done a long time ago at the part of the charlies angels it was faith that the novel never reached manaka not until he was resolved for tsukasa

i like aya but she was to much even if manaka's resolve started at him thinking aya has a boyfriend his resolve was strengthen by the fact that tsukasa was always the one that is clear with her feelings and stood by him not literally

and on the bamboo boat his fillings was starting at that point his wish is to preserve tsukasa's smile

i still wish that there will be an althernative ending where manaka ended up with aya but i dont think there future will be to good becuase they compliment each other to much they are blinded by their work both of them cant see there faults because if they stick together they just compliment so there will no progress in their skills
frozen_soulAug 28, 2010 1:10 AM
Jul 28, 2010 6:03 AM

Jan 2010
I always get so sad when I see how it appears they're fated to be together yet fate keeps them apart.
Heart breaking LOL.
Always makes me sad whenever I read this manga.

But at least we didn't get the ending we were all expecting.
A good twist, a slightly bitter ending.

I remember feeling so bad for Toujou watching her hug Manaka for the last time (he wasn't even conscious and he whispered Nishino's name).

Gahh, I really liked Toujou too.

I really do just want to see an alternate ending - that'll really satisfy me.
Jul 28, 2010 2:25 PM

May 2010
Sucrose said:
I always get so sad when I see how it appears they're fated to be together yet fate keeps them apart.
Heart breaking LOL.
Always makes me sad whenever I read this manga.

But at least we didn't get the ending we were all expecting.
A good twist, a slightly bitter ending.

I remember feeling so bad for Toujou watching her hug Manaka for the last time (he wasn't even conscious and he whispered Nishino's name).

Gahh, I really liked Toujou too.

I really do just want to see an alternate ending - that'll really satisfy me.

yup a alternate ending is whats best for everyone
Aug 2, 2010 11:39 AM
Jul 2010
The reunion kinda sucked when you think about it. No one even stayed in touch with Manaka in like the 3-4 years since they graduated, not even Aya or his two guy friends haha. But then again, he WAS traveling around the world filming and stuff...

I really hope that he and Aya at least fulfill their dream of turning her story into a movie. It would be nice to see that. Not lovers sadly, but at least friends forever, yes? :)
Aug 2, 2010 12:27 PM

Aug 2009
Ill state right from the off that im a Satsuki fan, so this manga's ending totally ruined the manga for me and stopped me from ever rereading it. Since ive only read it once and it was a good couple of years ago, i cant give detailed descriptions of why i picked satsuki, just general impressions.

Nishino Tsukasa: Sure she's cute, sure she's lovely, but heck, the number of times she quit on the main char i cannot recall. she breaks up with him many times, drop out of his life completely, and then still end up winning... i cant really accept that.

Toujo Aya: She's always been just the generic quiet girl, really cute, sticks close but never standing out. Apparently she's had a crush on the main guy, they have many chances together, ALONE, yet she would NEVER confess her feelings or any such. I dislike her hesitance.

Kitaouji Satsuki: She's upfront about her feelings. To me personally she's the one that devoted the most energy to the main char, trying her best to cover for him in everyway, even to the extent of hurting/embarrassing herself. She may say things in heat of anger, but she's always had the main guy in her heart, and to go through all that time, enduring, and never even get a proper face to face rejection... I really disliked that.

Thats my two cents on the ending. I would love it if there are people who would share their views on what they think about what i said.
Aug 27, 2010 12:16 AM

Dec 2009
I think the ending really sucked. I really hope Aya would "be the girl" but noooo. I gave it a 6, ending means a lot to long series. 60% of me wished for a Aya ending and the rest of the 40% wished for a "All girls" ending. Harem ending is the best, cause no one gets sad.
Aug 27, 2010 5:49 PM

Nov 2009
DestinySora said:
I think the ending really sucked. I really hope Aya would "be the girl" but noooo. I gave it a 6, ending means a lot to long series. 60% of me wished for a Aya ending and the rest of the 40% wished for a "All girls" ending. Harem ending is the best, cause no one gets sad.

You have a strange definition of a ''happy ending'' =p.
Aug 29, 2010 10:06 PM

Dec 2009
frozen_soul said:
yup a alternate ending is whats best for everyone

That was the ending I wanted. :P It's funny because even though a lot of people favor Aya in most places, Tsukasa has more faves than Aya(heck, Satsuki beats her). I'm not bashing Aya or anything, but I'm pretty sure there are a lot more people who favor her over Aya. Satsuki was second to me.
Darkness44Aug 29, 2010 10:27 PM
Sep 18, 2010 10:37 AM

Jul 2010
Loved the ending :)! Finished last night. I never liked Aya and they weren't as good for each other as you would think. I always liked Nishino the best and I am extremely happy they got together.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 20, 2010 11:58 AM
Sep 2010
I finished this and must say that i think this is great ending.

I was happy that it is Nishino in the end, because i was for her from the start. When i got to the "this time for real" part where she leaves him i was really sad, but to see her again when she gave him chocolate i got my hopes up again. At some point i started to think that it was for the best if she was left out to the end if she is not going to end up with him. When she conffesed him in the same way he did to her i was again happy. His rejection of Aya tears was sad, but for me it would be more sad if he left Nishino. Her turning back and seeing him following her at the airport shows how deep their fealings are for each other. Four years later seeing the girl you love and with her wearing ring you gave her i must say it is best ending there is.

They chose the best future.
Oct 23, 2010 8:59 AM

Aug 2010
FCK NISHINO
sorry for my rude word =D

but seriously TOUJOOOOOOOOO AYAAAAAAAA
i want her to end up with Manaka

remember IT ALL STARTED BCOZ OF TOUJO

'nuff said :(
i want an alternate story
Oct 23, 2010 9:04 AM

Aug 2010
FCK NISHINO

Oct 23, 2010 9:07 AM

Aug 2010
FCK NISHINO

Oct 23, 2010 9:54 AM

Apr 2010
I liked the ending. I liked the omake too.

Jan 13, 2011 5:48 PM
Jan 2011
The ending is good. The delivery is rather disappointing considering how good the entire series was. It felt quite rushed and the final chapter slightly awkward. Oh well, all good things must come to an end.

As for the pairing, starting from chapter 125 or so, the manga was leaning more and more towards the Nishino/Manaka pairing already.

I liked Manaka. I guess I can see why people wouldn't like him but he's not bad at all for a harem romance protagonist.
Feb 12, 2011 1:28 PM

Apr 2010
Ive got mixed feelings about the ending, mostly because I really really really wanted Manaka to choose Aya. They just seemed fated for each other throughout the whole story. Nishino just seemed like a girl he wanted to film because of her panties (in the beginning anyway), and he asked her out to do so....

...but as Ive read some other people's comments, and after acknowledging that they all grew up/changed etc., I guess it was a sort of realistic ending. It's still got my heart a little heavy(the parts where Manaka rejected Aya, and the fact that Love Sanctuary game emphasized that they were fated for each other REALLY convinced me that they'd be together....ahghh), but really enjoyable series.

Mizuki Kawashita has become one of my favorite mangakas, in terms of both story and artistic skill.
Apr 12, 2011 9:36 AM
Jul 2018
I just finished the series and read the first two pages of this thread... warning..LONG!

My thoughts/review:

I have never liked manga. I'm more of a "cinematic" buff in that I need audio/visual/vocals/etc to really get immersed in the material.

However, this series really stood out. I finished it in its entirety in roughly 10 hours of non-stop reading. It was very easy to relate to Manaka, his thought-processes, and his experiences throughout his high school years. That is the most clear reason for how it was so easy to become immersed. Hands-down, this is the best manga I've read, although....It is the first. It has set quite a standard for all mangas I plan to read in the future.

In terms of the negatives....I'll start with these. The ecchi-ness was expected, but clearly excessive at times. I often skipped over any pages with this material.

The side characters such as Komiyami and Chiniami detracted from the overall story and I still do not see how they added anything. Sotomura/Ookasa had decent roles in that they provided an outlet for Manaka.

The perception of how guys were perverted and so easily swayed by women made it appear that Japanese men are pathetic, to say the least. So, I skipped over these scenes as well.

OTHER THAN THOSE MINOR ISSUES (Yes, they are minor), I LOVE this manga. I love the characters, empathize with all of them, and am sad that it is OVER! It was truly realistic in some senses, and very human.

I have an argument for every pairing, so it makes it impossible to choose which was the best. The problem I have with the ending the mangaka chose is that the overall feeling towards the end was TOO DEPRESSING! At the end of the chapter prior to the final one, here was the situation:

1. Tsuaka = GONE. She leaves Manaka as always.
2. Aya = Moved on. She no longer wants to be with Manaka as displayed by her mailing the notebooks.
3. Manaka = Very unclear future.

Side note = Satsuki, still in love with Manaka, could have been taken as a "fall-back," but that is not how I would've liked things to go. I would hate for the conclusion, although I secretly believe Satsuki deserves Manaka the most.

I am not a fan of the "life goes on" conclusions. While there was a pairing chosen at the end, it was very rushed and no explanation was given.

I can see why Tsukasa was chosen at the end. All throughout the series, she was the truest "girlfriend" to Manaka. However, she was also the MOST inconsistent. She was always in-and-out of his life. I still question who was a higher priority; Manaka or her dream? Even after the ending, I feel that she could still leave him at the drop of the dime if it meant a career opportunity. There is no reason not to believe this. Manaka also has his directing career to focus on, which requires immense flexibility with travel. In the most practical sense, this pairing is AWFUL! The chances of them being able to be together is very low.

Aya on the other hand, is the most compatible and comparable to Manaka. She was not simply a MUSE to Manaka. She was a source of inspiration, yes, but it did not end right there. She was also very consistent in his life. She did not give off mixed signals intentionally, she's too shy and inexperienced for that. If anything, Manaka was simply too slow to read on the signs earlier on.

I'm still torn on how I feel about the ending, as it is MEANT to be a happy ending, but in my mind...is bittersweet (the endings I dislike the most). There should be closure, but maybe its simply me wanting more chapters :P
Apr 12, 2011 9:49 AM
Jul 2018
scyonx said:
Ill state right from the off that im a Satsuki fan, so this manga's ending totally ruined the manga for me and stopped me from ever rereading it. Since ive only read it once and it was a good couple of years ago, i cant give detailed descriptions of why i picked satsuki, just general impressions.

Nishino Tsukasa: Sure she's cute, sure she's lovely, but heck, the number of times she quit on the main char i cannot recall. she breaks up with him many times, drop out of his life completely, and then still end up winning... i cant really accept that.

Toujo Aya: She's always been just the generic quiet girl, really cute, sticks close but never standing out. Apparently she's had a crush on the main guy, they have many chances together, ALONE, yet she would NEVER confess her feelings or any such. I dislike her hesitance.

Kitaouji Satsuki: She's upfront about her feelings. To me personally she's the one that devoted the most energy to the main char, trying her best to cover for him in everyway, even to the extent of hurting/embarrassing herself. She may say things in heat of anger, but she's always had the main guy in her heart, and to go through all that time, enduring, and never even get a proper face to face rejection... I really disliked that.

Thats my two cents on the ending. I would love it if there are people who would share their views on what they think about what i said.

Great points,

Tsukasa is extremely willing to throw in the towel with Manaka. She left for France to pursue her dream. This is not something really blameworthy, but there was a point in the series where the owner (grandmother) of that pastry shop said she would have loved to pass the ownership down to someone like Tsukasa.

Why didn't she at least bring up the option of STAYING in Japan with Manaka instead of leaving for France? I really disliked how that played out.

Satsuki was very upfront with her feelings, and it was undeniable that Manaka felt the most comfortable and truly like "himself" around her. In reality, this is a person you tend to stay with, period..

But this is a manga, so it is abit unlike reality :P
Jun 5, 2011 9:23 PM

Apr 2011
Nicely put frozen_soul & Rezk

Baka = Onibokusu
Sep 3, 2011 11:52 PM

Aug 2010
Tabrisrp said:
I just finished reading it, and well I'm pretty happy with the ending (even if I was rooting for Satsuki all along, being my favorite char). Looking at the whole story, Tsukasa always symbolized the "girlfriend" the most, since Satsuki was most of the time depicted as the "best friend" (or the fantasize), and Aya was like a muse for Manaka. Speaking of him, his hesitation between each girl was pretty irritating, and made me dislike him a lot.

I think Tsukasa is the most well depicted character, close to a real girl in her attitudes, emotions, her pursuit of her dream and everything, she just fealt real to me, and with all she did for Manaka, she's the one of deserved to stay with him at the end. Moreover, I don't like the overshy and introvert characters like Aya, so I was hoping all along that he didn't choose her :p

Basically you said everything that was on my mind. I was rooting for Satsuki, but I knew there was no chance for her end. I was 100% sure it was going to be an Aya end, but I'm happy that I was wrong.
Sep 9, 2011 3:19 PM

Feb 2010
omg i finally finished it *huge sigh*
Sep 9, 2011 3:33 PM

Nov 2009
ichigo 100%'s ending was so-so... it's not perfect, and yes i agree with most of you that Kawashita-sensei was too rushed to end it. glad to know that it's not me alone to feel that way.

to make it worst it is ended with Tsukasa as the winner out of 3 (left Yui alone). Normally, i think Manaka should choose Aya, though if it happen according to my assumption, there will be much fans that think this story is not special and predictable. that's why i thin the best possible route should be with Satsuki.

fyi, i'm not Satsuki fans, imo Tsukasa more charming. but i kind of understand the feeling of Aya... she has done too much for the jerk...
If you just did nothing because you thought it wouldn't help, then you'd end up doing less than nothing; for nothing would change and nothing would end. (Kira Yamato - Gundam Seed Phase 34: Seen & Unseen)
Sep 9, 2011 5:01 PM

Apr 2011
GuyFreakz said:
ichigo 100%'s ending was so-so... it's not perfect, and yes i agree with most of you that Kawashita-sensei was too rushed to end it. glad to know that it's not me alone to feel that way.
Agreed, felt bit rushed, needed more of side story for Nishino in the 4 years she was away or together w/ Manaka afterwards. Overall it could off extended further into college, if the series was publish at another company or JUMP readers become more adverted readers other than Naruto, Bleach etc...

to make it worst it is ended with Tsukasa as the winner out of 3 (left Yui alone). Normally, i think Manaka should choose Aya, though if it happen according to my assumption, there will be much fans that think this story is not special and predictable. that's why i thin the best possible route should be with Satsuki.
Is your reasoning base on "first girl" Cliché? I find Aya efforts undeserving, when its compared to Nishino or even Satsuki. The story was only predictable if readers follow the subjugated cliche, other than reading the story through a analogical perspective or 2nd time again in Nishino POV.

fyi, i'm not Satsuki fans, imo Tsukasa more charming. but i kind of understand the feeling of Aya... she has done too much for the jerk...
I would say Satsuki was the tragic heroine of the story, she placed the most effort into winning Junpei heart.

Not only Aya, but all the heroines had a role in Manaka life, mostly Nishino, who made him understood what "love" and how its different from "like".

W/o Nishino presents in the series after middle school (excluding 1st break-up), Junpei would of kept most of character flaws and wouldn't have develop further from what he stood in middle school or beginning of high school.

I don't think he's a jerk, just dense
Thanks to Junpei, Aya was able to change, she made new friends in high school, popular and was recognize in the papers, something the old Aya wouldn't have done. She only went to the same high school to keep most of those in effect, she didn't want to lose Junpei and all those other things or face reverting back to a nerdy friendless introverted.

This forum explains it best, I recommend reading posts by "Jyujyu", she/he has more logical stand point.
http://forums.mangafox.com/threads/175909-Bad-bad-bad-ending!!!!!!!!!!!!!/page3?s=8e86b1290e41df71bc5db364707fd932

Here the moral of the story that makes Ichigo unique from others: not trying to offense anyone.

vansonbeeSep 9, 2011 5:14 PM
Dec 31, 2014 4:18 AM

Sep 2014
well at least, i'm glad finish this series

Tsukasa FTW <3
Feb 23, 2015 7:29 PM

Aug 2012
the ending is one of the best in manga history
Mar 21, 2015 9:43 AM

Jun 2014
So the mangaka is woman, no wonder the character design was like that.

Well, the ending wasn't typical where the mc chose the real heroine. Tbh, I can't imagine Aya falling in love to someone else unlike Tsukasa. I thought she would eventually fall in love with Higure or Ookusa. And the author didn't push the Satsuki x Amachi pairing either.
Tsukasa didn't even appear most of the in the first half. So Junpei's feeling for Aya was just an attraction?
I'm okay with the ending cuz Tsukasa is also hot.
Apr 3, 2015 6:38 AM

Aug 2012
Usually Tsukasa is princess who have flaw under nice mask but in Ichigo 100% she manage to overcome her flaws and became perfect waifu candidate.
Mar 11, 2017 11:11 PM
Mar 2017
About time to bump this, eh.

About 10 years ago, I watched the anime to this and recently re-watched it. I don't recall reading the manga back then, so I just read it recently. These are my thoughts.

It seems the people who debate the ending are really debating why he chose Tsukasa.

I will try to explain my opinion, although, I did read somewhere that they polled people to decide the ending (don't know if that's true or not.)

It is pretty much irrefutable that Tsukasa is the most developed character in the manga. Aya's writing (and I say this as a writer who understands it's hard to portray that) comes out of nowhere, often. We don't really know if she is a genius or if she is working hard, but she seems to always be around. I kind of feel that, for whatever reason, the author put a lot of herself into Tsukasa because there were points when she seemed 'real' in a way no one else did.

Tsukasa also was able to understand him better than anyone else. She could just look at him and tell exactly what's on his mind. They had some great non-verbal interactions. If you want to believe everything, she went from the girl who was choosing a HS that allowed her to sleep in, to going to one of the best schools around and mastering something. I think her being 'busy' developed her character.

She was also the only person who adapted and did it very fast. She seemed to realize what her problem was as well as his problem and set out to fix it. Satsuki was tragic, true, but she never adapted. Aya kind of adapted, but not really until it was too late.

Aya and Satsuki also did some passive aggressive things. Sending someone your writing after they break up with you is pretty rough, not that it hasn't been done before. heh. But they were both kind of crafty, at times, where as Tsukasa was mostly pure and if she was jealous, she showed it. As well as she generally had a right to be when she was.

Tsukasa also had the best facial expressions. Like the line, "Tsukasa's sad face hurts me more than Aya's tears." Those faces she drew for her really were sad. I think it's pretty hard to make an argument that anyone worked harder and that she didn't deserve it in the end.

There was also foreshadowing. The anime foreshadowed it, her relationship w/ the baker guy foreshadowed it (proving similar people are not the best matches.) Believe it or not, if you are an artist or want to be, it's better to be with the girl who drags you around than the one who is also an artist.

I do think the ecchi stuff kind of sullied the manga, esp because of its length, and there were a lot of unnecessary things. If you only look at the arc of the three main girls + MC, it is one of the best mangas I've read, and half as long.

It kind of reminds me of Aku No Hana; in the beginning you probably thought Tsukasa would be Saeki, but she turned out to be Aya (from aku no hana, not this aya.)

That is the strength of this manga. You had the deep girl who turned out to be beautiful (altho that's a cliche), and the beautiful girl who turned out to be deep, but the thing is... the latter was deeper and more beautiful, in the end. I kind of feel like this series was written for him to end up with Aya and through writing it's like Tsukasa just took over. She fought for him in a way that seemed more honorable, not desperate or anything, using the little time she had to fight for him.

Obviously, it's unrealistic that she would go for him, but she did. To clarify this, I would say I do think that drive and conviction are the most attractive things to a girl, but he was so bogus to her. She believed in him more than anyone would, and waited way more than anyone would, I think. It ties into her character, though, being kind of an empath, she must have seen something she couldn't pass up.

It's kind of implied that Aya fell in love w/ him because he was the first person who believed in her, but there were plenty of more people in line to believe in her by the end.

The end.
jiminykriketMar 11, 2017 11:31 PM
Mar 12, 2017 1:14 AM

Jul 2015
Your generic ending when a blonde bitch won over the shy cute cheerful girl
Absolutely disgusting
Mar 21, 2017 8:14 AM

Aug 2012
tragedydesu said:
Absolutely disgusting

Actually shy cute girl more often win than blonde in manga
Mar 21, 2017 11:59 AM

Jul 2015
db84x said:
tragedydesu said:
Absolutely disgusting

You mean in shoujo manga right?
Because in harems they never win
I can give you so many harems when a tsundere win but I can't think of any that a shy cute girl win
Mar 26, 2017 8:11 AM
Dec 2015
tragedydesu said:
Absolutely disgusting

The sequel should give Toujou the ending she deserves.
Apr 7, 2017 7:57 AM

Aug 2012
Kayzeee said:
The sequel should give Toujou the ending she deserves.

She deserve became my waifu
Jun 23, 2017 5:59 AM

Nov 2009
tragedydesu said:
db84x said:

You mean in shoujo manga right?
Because in harems they never win
I can give you so many harems when a tsundere win but I can't think of any that a shy cute girl win

wow, it'd been so long... and yes I can't be disagree, while ichigo100% let me disappointed (a bit) with it end of choice. Nisekoi did worse (maybe worst)... just my pinch of salt :)
If you just did nothing because you thought it wouldn't help, then you'd end up doing less than nothing; for nothing would change and nothing would end. (Kira Yamato - Gundam Seed Phase 34: Seen & Unseen)
Jun 24, 2017 3:38 PM
Apr 2015
Read this manga a long time ago. Just came across the sequel so decided to checkout what MAL has to say about the manga, which is an all-time classic for those who know proper manga history.

This is a story where while there is a right route (Nishino, even though Tojou is my favorite), however it will never satisfy anyone because every heroine has her strengths, and ironically the lack of satisfaction is what drives it to its height! Whether you like it or not, the controversial ending is what makes it so memorable and relevant after all this time.

I wished that in such situations a harem route is possible, but somehow people don't like harem in harem genres. People like heroines to suffer. Go figure.

There is no doubt that the story is an all-time classic because of its ending. People who dislike it and rate the story low needs to remember that a story that gets you to emote is a good story, regardless whether the emotion is positive or negative (both beats a story that doesn't do anything).

Here's to hope that the sequel (Eastside story) can carry the torch successfully - I so wanted Kawashita to re-experience her success that she lacked since Ichigo 100%, and hopefully this is it.

Aug 1, 2017 10:00 PM

Aug 2012
boukendesho said:
Read this manga a long time ago. Just came across the sequel so decided to checkout what MAL has to say about the manga, which is an all-time classic for those who know proper manga history.

This is a story where while there is a right route (Nishino, even though Tojou is my favorite), however it will never satisfy anyone because every heroine has her strengths, and ironically the lack of satisfaction is what drives it to its height! Whether you like it or not, the controversial ending is what makes it so memorable and relevant after all this time.

I wished that in such situations a harem route is possible, but somehow people don't like harem in harem genres. People like heroines to suffer. Go figure.

There is no doubt that the story is an all-time classic because of its ending. People who dislike it and rate the story low needs to remember that a story that gets you to emote is a good story, regardless whether the emotion is positive or negative (both beats a story that doesn't do anything).

Here's to hope that the sequel (Eastside story) can carry the torch successfully - I so wanted Kawashita to re-experience her success that she lacked since Ichigo 100%, and hopefully this is it.

I agree, about the sequel i pessimistic it can became a legendary manga like Ichigo 100% but a least it can became a good manga.
Sep 12, 2018 11:54 AM
Oct 2014
I liked Tsukasa from early in the manga I was tired of the typical shy main girl being picked everytime there really is no suspense when we know its be the charcter on the front page in all the titles ive read. But this was different not only did the best most realistic girl get chosen but the shy main character Aya didnt . I like Aya but Nishino is the best girl to me. I really like this manga tho for all those moment that i thought it was gonna be Aya but he finally ended up with Nishino i dubbed it a 10/10 but thats just my personal enjoyment.
Oct 14, 2018 8:32 AM

Aug 2012
dstrikerx said:
I liked Tsukasa from early in the manga I was tired of the typical shy main girl being picked everytime there really is no suspense when we know its be the charcter on the front page in all the titles ive read. But this was different not only did the best most realistic girl get chosen but the shy main character Aya didnt . I like Aya but Nishino is the best girl to me. I really like this manga tho for all those moment that i thought it was gonna be Aya but he finally ended up with Nishino i dubbed it a 10/10 but thats just my personal enjoyment.
Its first of its kind in harem genre, that made this manga special
May 16, 2020 10:03 PM
Apr 2020
The ending was okay for me because choosing Tsukasa seemed like the most realistic option, but I agree with everyone who says the ending felt rushed. I was always rooting for Tsukasa from the beginning, but the way she was chosen wasn’t as satisfying as it should have been. All the drama being thrown in at the last minute was kind of a turn-off for me because I didn’t get to enjoy the success of Manaka and Tsukasa’s relationship.

It would have been cheesy, but I was hoping for an ending where Aya moved on and grew feelings for Amachi, or Satsuki could go for the captain of a sports team. I wish there was a little bit more included between graduation and the time skip so that the ending didn’t feel too empty.
Aug 14, 2021 6:12 AM
Sep 2016
removed-user said:
scyonx said:

Great points,

Tsukasa is extremely willing to throw in the towel with Manaka. She left for France to pursue her dream. This is not something really blameworthy, but there was a point in the series where the owner (grandmother) of that pastry shop said she would have loved to pass the ownership down to someone like Tsukasa.

Why didn't she at least bring up the option of STAYING in Japan with Manaka instead of leaving for France? I really disliked how that played out.

Nope i think that why i love Tsukasa cuz even they not have the same dream but they also focus to their dream and prove 4 year they i still waiting for meet again.That true love!!. Manaka not hesitate anymore with another girl and Tsukasa still love only Mnanaka and never fall to another guy. THAT SO SWEET!!
Sep 16, 2021 5:11 AM
Sep 2021
removed-user said:
scyonx said:

Great points,

Satsuki was very upfront with her feelings, and it was undeniable that Manaka felt the most comfortable and truly like "himself" around her. In reality, this is a person you tend to stay with, period..

But this is a manga, so it is abit unlike reality :P

This isn't unrealistic at all. Girls that becomes too clingy and upfront are hard to deal with when it comes to a passive character like Manaka, the mere fact that she's upfront about it makes him more afraid (of many things).

If you'd notice Manaka tries his best to keep all the three girls around him, because he likes all three.

This means that if he decided on onr, the rest will go away. Someone as agressive as Satsuki is like a looming nuclear threat with that.

Lastly, about Tsukasa. I don't really get what you mean by separating and growing up before being together is worse than a stale love. As it was if Manaka didn't try to take his reins and grow up, Tsukasa would be too good for him, and this will only be a rift to their relationship.

He can't stay a wimp forever.

Second to that is Nishino also wants to grow up, you can't expect to be two couples together inside a box. There's a vast world out there, the more mature the couple is, the better the relationship.

The truth is Manaka's feelings for Aya and Satsuki stayed up to infatuation, its a sprout of what real love could be.

But for Tsukasa that sprout had already blossomed, well because... she matured.

Satsuki was lackluster, Aya will always be a pushover throughout the entire series. (Except for the very last chapter)
Sep 16, 2021 5:18 AM
Sep 2021
By the way, i want this community to be revived. I fell in love with the characters but the community seems so inactive that I'm disheartened.

Frankly, I don't want to let go of the characters in my head and read something else. I wish to write fanfiction but there will be no reader, no discussion, only here did i ever found a person who at least replied in 2021.

Also, i really want to thank Kawashita but I don't know how to contact her, at least if this community will be dead forever then I want to give my gratitude to the mangaka that moved my heart with these little characters.

If i live in Japan, i would be bowing my head to her.

I criticized this manga a lot for various of reasons but this is what i consider one of my favorites now because of how it made me feel. And i don't want to forget it.
Dec 25, 2021 5:38 AM
Jan 2011
Its ridiculous. Even Aya career was a match to his. But he chose the one that kept breaking up. Stupid.
Feb 6, 2022 3:25 AM
Sep 2016
xsilicon9 said:
Its ridiculous. Even Aya career was a match to his. But he chose the one that kept breaking up. Stupid.

Its ridiculous. How cute you think that people in same career will happy marriage life lol.
Jul 11, 2022 9:36 AM

Mar 2008
I had no problem with the ending. A harem manga where the main character doesn't choose the girl forced down our throats? I'm more than okay with that. In fact, I applaud them for doing something which, at the time, was practically unheard of in harem manga. Anyone not okay with this is just being silly. Personally I think the quality of harem titles would be much higher if more of them thought outside the box and went with a different girl than the one everyone expects. Variety is the spice of life. Harem titles, for all their boundless potential with so many distinct characters, have depressingly little variety. The only harem titles I've ranked higher than Ichigo100%'s 8 were Ranma½ (10) and Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai (9) (another title where the main character didn't pick the obvious girl).
Sep 19, 2022 11:51 AM

Apr 2016
Best girl pretty much won.
Aya is likeable but they really didn't have as much chemistry besides sharing hobbies and dreams.
And I'm kinda tired of bashful and wishy-washy couples in manga as well.
I like that Tsukasa won, she deserved it throughout imo.

It's kinda the same reason I'm not a big fan of Onodera from Nisekoi. Wishy washy.

I like that we get to see a conclusive ship and a happy-ever after for them as well as what other characters are up to afterward.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Where to start manga

NightlyData - Feb 18

4 by NightlyData »»
Feb 18, 10:53 PM

Poll: » Ichigo 100% Chapter 167 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Ston3_FreeN7 - Jun 14, 2011

108 by SaikaQ »»
Apr 6, 2022 11:29 AM

» Nishino100%

Avatore - Feb 7, 2022

0 by Avatore »»
Feb 7, 2022 10:19 PM

» English print

Bobolouie - Dec 1, 2021

1 by db84x »»
Dec 3, 2021 6:03 PM

» It's my ever first manga I completed when I was at the age of 11 and I reread it again after 11 years

xShal - Nov 8, 2021

1 by db84x »»
Dec 3, 2021 5:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.