Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Mar 1, 2011 1:27 PM

Oct 2009
Sevy-Chan said:
Having waited almost 4 months for my anime stats to update, and still haven't is getting a little ridiculous, and it's annoying the hell out of me. My manga stats update at a normal rate, so I don't know what the problem with my anime stats is. I'm not going to complain too much, though. I understand they're having problems with it, and I'm glad to find out I'm not the only one who's stats haven't updated in months. It'll be fixed sooner or later....... hopefully. XD

yep same here ...manga updates almost instantly depending on the time of day but i have now completed 20 anime already but it still shows 79 on my profile anime stats section -.- anoooying!!
Mar 2, 2011 11:19 AM

Dec 2010
You know if this place just had a third party forum like IPB or VBulletin the load from the form being on a different DB may fix the rest of the problems.
I mean, what do you expect from a single person writing the code for an entire forum...
I mean everyone you could even just copy user tables over from here to the new forum with a little bit of intellect... and most likely clone the forums....
I'm too cool for a snazzy anime avatar.
Mar 4, 2011 10:31 AM

Oct 2009
This is getting out of hand, 3 hours lag now and the week just started. This is site is practically unusable and the only alternative site (anime planet) has weirdos for admins.
Mar 4, 2011 6:11 PM

Oct 2009
londo said:
This is getting out of hand, 3 hours lag now and the week just started. This is site is practically unusable and the only alternative site (anime planet) has weirdos for admins.
They also don't list hentai or any "not yet aired" anime from what i've seen...

Incomplete... Unfinished... Not worthy...
GogettersMar 4, 2011 6:30 PM
Mar 6, 2011 3:41 AM

Jul 2010
Valkyrie-Ryu said:
OH NO IT TAKES 15 MINS TO SHOW I WATCHED AN EPISODE OH NO OH NO.

Slight understatement there. I watched a film yesterday early evening and it is still only ''sometimes'' showing that I've even watched it.

15 minutes? Try 16 hours - and counting.

I also watched the first episode and second episode of macross 9 hours ago, im still unable to update it to having watched the second episode.
Mar 6, 2011 5:05 PM

Nov 2008
I like how it shows an update I made 3 hours ago on the front page, but not on my profile, history, or actual list. And I made another update after that, and it isn't showing anywhere...annoying cause I moved a series from "on hold" to "watching" and I've watched at least 3 episodes after that one since then :|
Mar 6, 2011 5:05 PM

Jan 2011
Oo When I update the episode at the animelist its normaly change after..hm... a few second to 3 mins?
Its not a very long time...

Only if I add a new anime or change the status, it takes a little bit longer...
Maybe 5~15 minutes?

The thing, that still doesnt work is the "Anime Stats"
>-<

Mar 6, 2011 5:39 PM

Sep 2009
Avapops said:

Slight understatement there. I watched a film yesterday early evening and it is still only ''sometimes'' showing that I've even watched it.

15 minutes? Try 16 hours - and counting.

I also watched the first episode and second episode of macross 9 hours ago, im still unable to update it to having watched the second episode.

Same here, the lags have returned at high again :/
Mar 7, 2011 1:40 AM

Oct 2009
Valkyrie-Ryu said:
The lag is bad and annoying but it by no means makes the site 'completely unusable'. OH NO IT TAKES 15 MINS TO SHOW I WATCHED AN EPISODE OH NO OH NO. Seriously. If you'd rather use Excel to track your anime cause it doesn't lag, then go for it.

Anyways, I'd like a status update on this at least.. and I'd like to know if there's anything the users can do to help. In case you guys need more hands to work on these issues or something.. c:

Not even a slight understatement, it's a big understatement. The lag is 6 plus hours now.

People I know from my clubs here on MAL started transferring their lists over to Anime Planet and are even considering re-creating their clubs in some form there. I don't mean anything by that other than to show that many people are considering the site as unusable, also there was one case of person who was afraid she'll lose her lists (ok, that's irrational, but not everyone knows about databases).
Mar 7, 2011 2:56 AM

Jul 2008
ok, so... what gives? Are we going to get some updates on the status of the site?
Is something getting done to get the site back on its feet or is it history?
Come on boss, it's pretty obvious you don't give a damn about the site, I realize you've got your own life and shit, but DAMN... some feedback wouldn't hurt you know.

And yeah, one more thing... why is everyone posting the same exact thing? 'Hey, my stats don't update', 'Hey, mine too', 'I gotta wait 10 mins to see any changes in my list', 'I gotta wait 10 weeks to see any changes', 'bla bla bla...'
Duh...?
For heaven's sake... another thread's gonna go to hell...

I'm starting to lose my sanity here, and it's soooo pissing me off
sorry 'bout that
ksyssRMar 7, 2011 5:13 AM
Mar 7, 2011 3:10 AM

Jul 2009
I just want to ask this " is this problem can be solved with some financial support ? "
If the answer is " yes " , i would like to help beacuse i really like this web site and im spending min 2-3 hours a day here.

And im sure generally other members feel same like me.
Mar 7, 2011 5:57 AM

Jan 2010
Can someone please tell me what the hell is going on with this site. Moderators do you have any idea? Can someone please clue us in. I too have moved my list over to AP but I do not want to leave this site and I'm sure others don't want to too. But as it stand right now, we don't know if were going to lose this site, our lists, or our clubs, but, that seems like what is happening right now.

Someone, please go ask the big man in charge of this site, what the hell is happening?

*your's likely to see this post 10 years later*
Mar 7, 2011 5:57 AM

Jan 2010
Can someone please tell me what the hell is going on with this site. Moderators do you have any idea? Can someone please clue us in. I too have moved my list over to AP but I do not want to leave this site and I'm sure others don't want to too. But as it stand right now, we don't know if were going to lose this site, our lists, or our clubs, but, that seems like what is happening right now.

Someone, please go ask the big man in charge of this site, what the hell is happening?

*your's likely to see this post 10 years later*
Mar 7, 2011 7:26 AM

Apr 2009
It's kind of funny (?). Now animes from my complete list (updated 3 days ago) miraculously are on my watch or plan to watch list. Hmmm...
Mar 7, 2011 8:00 AM

Apr 2009
I'm posting second time sice my last post disapered. Actually my avatar to. And I'm offline when I'm online.
About my list. I updated yesterday and in added one of the animes to my complete list then today it put it again on the watch list. The same with two others that I updated today and I can't add new anime to the list.
Mar 7, 2011 8:04 AM

Jun 2010
ilovehaji said:
Sevy-Chan said:
Having waited almost 4 months for my anime stats to update, and still haven't is getting a little ridiculous, and it's annoying the hell out of me. My manga stats update at a normal rate, so I don't know what the problem with my anime stats is. I'm not going to complain too much, though. I understand they're having problems with it, and I'm glad to find out I'm not the only one who's stats haven't updated in months. It'll be fixed sooner or later....... hopefully. XD

yep same here ...manga updates almost instantly depending on the time of day but i have now completed 20 anime already but it still shows 79 on my profile anime stats section -.- anoooying!!

This is also happening to me, and been happening for a few months. Everything works fine on my anime list, sure sometimes it takes a little while for changes to show up but whatever. But on my anime section on my profile, it's still showing I have 47 PTW for example, when I actually have 83.
Mar 7, 2011 8:14 AM

Apr 2009
Why I can't even post. Don't care anymore.
Mar 7, 2011 11:22 AM

Mar 2009
MAL just need to close registration, close clubs, delete all new users accounts and create an invitation system but this is MADNESS!
Mar 7, 2011 3:01 PM

Apr 2009
My post appeared after 7 hours. "Nice"... To bad my anime list is still 3 days back.
Mar 7, 2011 3:22 PM

Oct 2008
It looks like its switching around madly between two databases. Sometimes i can already see my updates, sometimes i see the same i had a day before.

Also i see MySQL errors everywhere.

Time to backup my lists just in case i guess, the issues havent been this bad dor a long time.
Mar 7, 2011 5:34 PM

Mar 2009
The lag has been at its worst these few days.

Mar 2009
The lag has been at its worst (or best, whichever way you look at it) these few days. It's fucking terrible.

Mar 2009
The lag has been at its worst (or best, whichever way you look at it) these few days. It's fucking terrible.

Mar 2009

Mar 2009

Mar 2009

Mar 2009

Mar 2009

Mar 2009

Mar 2009

Mar 2009
Mar 7, 2011 6:17 PM

Feb 2008
I'm done being nice, fuck this shit is terrible. Fucking do something, anything. Give us an update. Let us know hopefully maybe one person higher up still cares about this place.
Tusdar said:
You know if this place just had a third party forum like IPB or VBulletin the load from the form being on a different DB may fix the rest of the problems.
I mean, what do you expect from a single person writing the code for an entire forum...
I mean everyone you could even just copy user tables over from here to the new forum with a little bit of intellect... and most likely clone the forums....

I've been suggesting it for years. Making legit suggestions on MAL? You're better off talking to a wall.
Mar 7, 2011 8:39 PM

Apr 2008
Time to spring for additional capacity guys. You can't put it off spending money on it forever.

I could deal with 6-9 hour updates, but these recent 15-30 hour updates are pretty annoying.
Mar 7, 2011 9:01 PM

Feb 2008
Yeah, seriously. What the fuck.

The forum is basically unusable in this state. I'm seeing posts from yesterday and it takes ten or more refreshes just to get the recent posts to show up. Posts don't show up for a good 12 hours after you make them which makes all the episode discussions a mess. There's double posts and threads everywhere and there's nothing you can do about it. Sometimes when I click on a new thread it'll take me back to the main page.

Plus, my list stats aren't updating. It's been frozen for days. The list itself reverts back a few days for no reason. I shouldn't have to refresh my list and click the + button over and over just to add a new episode or change a score or something. Sometimes it takes hours just for something to update. There's also the problems with avatars and profile picture not changing. My profile picture took around a week to finally change, which is kind of crazy.

The lag has been present for years but it's never been even close to this bad before. You can't just say "lol be patient" anymore. The site is almost unusable. A fix needs to be put out soon before the site implodes because it's only getting worse as time goes on.
Mar 7, 2011 9:33 PM

Oct 2008
What mal really needs is an external forum and better coding.
Mar 7, 2011 10:08 PM

Dec 2007
30 hour updates...
welp, using excel
bye
Mar 8, 2011 12:26 AM

Apr 2008
I don't know if this is even going to post or not seeing as the last several times I've tried to post on MAL none of them have appeared. But Whatever.

I'm just glad to see I'm not the only one dealing with these issues. First it was the fact that my post weren't showing up, then I noticed that I haven't received a Message since 12/21/2010 (not sure if messages is still disabled or not. Haven't been following what's been going on) and now I'm having horrible issues trying to update my watch list. Like I said, I see I'm not the only one having these problems but, I'm getting tired of waiting for all this to be resolved. I really wish that something would be done about these problems. I love MAL and I'd really hate to see it just die off like this. :(

Mar 8, 2011 12:28 AM

Apr 2008
I don't know if this is even going to post or not seeing as the last several times I've tried to post on MAL none of them have appeared. But Whatever.

I'm just glad to see I'm not the only one dealing with these issues. First it was the fact that my post weren't showing up, then I noticed that I haven't received a Message since 12/21/2010 (not sure if messages is still disabled or not. Haven't been following what's been going on) and now I'm having horrible issues trying to update my watch list. Like I said, I see I'm not the only one having these problems but, I'm getting tired of waiting for all this to be resolved. I really wish that something would be done about these problems. I love MAL and I'd really hate to see it just die off like this. :(

Mar 8, 2011 12:29 AM

Apr 2008

Or some updates on how things are going would be nice too :|

Mar 8, 2011 12:29 AM

Apr 2008

Mar 8, 2011 12:30 AM

Apr 2008

Mar 8, 2011 12:30 AM

Apr 2008

Mar 8, 2011 12:31 AM

Apr 2008

Apr 2008

Apr 2008

Apr 2008

Apr 2008

Apr 2008

Apr 2008
Damn.... I see my post made it through. 0_o
MischiefMaverickMar 8, 2011 7:33 AM

Mar 8, 2011 9:05 AM

Nov 2008
I've been seeing the site bounce between at least three servers/versions of updates. Like my Thursday Madoka update was the most recent on one refresh, then my Sunday stuff up through mid afternoon on another, and then my most recent update on a third.

And all these forum posts from the last two days just appeared for me, including my last one I made :|
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

» Moderators Wanted! Accepting applications for all positions

Kineta - 18 minutes ago

0 by Kineta »»
18 minutes ago

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Feb 23

208 by hawkpelt5 »»
Today, 1:49 AM

» Try MAL's New Mobile Site! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xinil - Feb 15, 2015

423 by RED-clover12 »»
Apr 24, 10:19 AM

» Planned 5hr Maintenance, Thursday April 25 @ 1am-6am PT

Kineta - Apr 22

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 22, 8:10 PM

» New Site Update: Peak Anime đź—» ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Mar 31

213 by Lancelot73 »»
Apr 21, 4:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.