Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 12, 2010 8:32 PM
Jul 2010
Wait so in the movie doesn't say when he ends? *I don't saw the movie, im not intrested*

Anyways I LOVE Ranka, she's cute and Sheryl...she's a bitch, egoist and allways belives that she's better than others.

I don't think "a vote for Ranka its a vote for pedophile" at begining of the series Ranka looks kinda childish but at the end she changes The only one that never changes its Sheryl, she acts more childish than Ranka through all the chapters.

The onlyones that think that "Sheryl is more mature than Ranka" its because they see the first two chapters or didn't care about the most important topic on the Macross Frontier anime.

Besides if you see any other anime you should find older charcaters than Ranka that looks youger than her. That kind of looks its very common in anime.

That's why I prefer Ranka.

But anyways... I don't think Alto deserves Ranka, he likes harem.
Jul 20, 2010 10:22 PM

Jul 2009
MaiKo69 said:
The onlyones that think that "Sheryl is more mature than Ranka" its because they see the first two chapters or didn't care about the most important topic on the Macross Frontier anime.

Jul 26, 2010 6:29 PM
Feb 2010
Nyomo said:
Hmm, i guess this topic is based on opinions. I thought people who would like Sheryl would be selfish them selves, but actually the community who likes Sheryl is mature.

Even so i have a slightly different opinion that people have been posting here.
I do support Ranka and not Sheryl. Not only because Ranka is cute.

When i first started watching MF i didn't care if Sheryl will end up with Alto and in fact i thought Sheryl was ok since Ranka didn't make the first steps towards Alto. I didn't see a reason why they will end up together even though i 'preferred' them to.

The problems started later after episode 10 and onwards [maybe earlier] when Ranka was finally getting her time with Alto. Mostly what annoyed me in Sheryl is that she is nice but seams to be whiny. Dont get me wrong but all i could see when her illness appears is: Sheryl goes there and faints, Sheryl goes to another place and faints, Sheryl goes to another place in the rain and faints again. And on top of that to make it even more dramatic there is Ranka on TV. [right before that i was like 'no way please don't show Ranka on TV now.' That's just gonna over do the cheesiness]

This scene got me thinking: "Cant you go to the hospital, stay there for a bit longer get well and dont make people worry about you?" I saw those scenes as a weakness.

I know that her getting out of the hospital wasn't really whiny; she was trying to be strong, but i find it stupid regardless. Way too much dramu.

Looking at Sheryl past i might be wrong but i think Sheryl is extremely weak. I dislike how she is being all 'i am so poor' [even tho she is!] but i think the cheesiness of all this overdid it.

I dont hate Sheryl. I highly dislike Alto.... Cause.. He is stupid.

Even if Sheryl needs her- 'omg she is so poor'. I think Ranka has suffered more in this series then Sheryl. Ranka isn't just cute and immature girl. She matures as the series progresses and the pain in her heart makes her selfish.

Maybe people will understand why Ranka is not just some moe character when they will be in her shoes them selves. I hate to know that her entire family has died, she has amnesia, she falls for a guy, she keeps seeing that guy with another girl, she realizes she sings only for this guy, when she wants to tell him she misunderstands him choosing Sheryl [being rejected by the one for who you put your dream into and someone u go up to is really painful], she confesses to this guy, then this guy dates Sheryl for real and tells he will kill Ranka. Adding up to that the whole Macross hates her thinking she betrayed everyone and will probably kill her at the very first opportunity. Wow! Ranka you have amazingly fucked up life.

Her fate had something bad that compensated all of her popularity.

In the end i choose AltoxRanka.

But if AltoxSheryl was a must, then i will just wish Alto would die at ep 24, no matter how immature this may sound.

tl;dr
Sep 30, 2010 10:23 PM
Dec 2009
Sheryl.
Re-watching and currently at episode 5, great episode for Alto and Sheryl. Have always liked Sheryl from the first time I watched MF, despite her attitude in the beginning, because it's quite obvious it wasn't her real personality, well for me anyways. Like others, I'm not liking Ranka, same reason as the others. Also in my own preference of people, I like fun and mature people more so than others. Alto likes to blush time to time in front of Sheryl :P
tag©.androgynous
Oct 5, 2010 5:25 PM
Apr 2009
i am going to say ranka. i am with the others when they say she is clingy at the start but as the show progresses she becomes more and more confident and self reliant. while Sheryl did the exact opposite. she became more and more dependent on alto as the show went on. sheryl was a very selfish character and seeing her background who can blame her but look at ranka's as well. even after learning that her singing caused the deaths of everyone on the 117 she still decided to use her voice to save frontier from galaxy despite it might go badly. i dont hate sheryl, in fact she was a great character at the end, but she was just too selfish and weak while ranka became stronger. but alto doesnt deserve either of them for being such an oblivious blob.
Oct 20, 2010 9:09 AM

Sep 2010
ranka owo;;
<3
shed be a cute waifu~

Dec 17, 2010 6:37 PM

Aug 2009
No one. He doesn't deserve anyone at all.
Jan 27, 2011 12:27 PM
Aug 2009
Nyomo said:
I know that her getting out of the hospital wasn't really whiny; she was trying to be strong, but i find it stupid regardless. Way too much dramu.

It's really funny how you mention Sheryl being too dramatic while you support Ranka yourself.
Jan 30, 2011 9:16 PM
Apr 2008
In the beginning, I rooted for Ranka because Sheryl seems a bit over-the-top-ish. But I ended up leaning towards Sheryl. They're both good, though. :<
Feb 12, 2011 11:10 PM

Feb 2008
Nyomo said:
Hmm, i guess this topic is based on opinions. I thought people who would like Sheryl would be selfish them selves, but actually the community who likes Sheryl is mature.

When i first started watching MF i didn't care if Sheryl will end up with Alto and in fact i thought Sheryl was ok since Ranka didn't make the first steps towards Alto. I didn't see a reason why they will end up together even though i 'preferred' them to.

The problems started later after episode 10 and onwards [maybe earlier] when Ranka was finally getting her time with Alto. Mostly what annoyed me in Sheryl is that she is nice but seams to be whiny. Dont get me wrong but all i could see when her illness appears is: Sheryl goes there and faints, Sheryl goes to another place and faints, Sheryl goes to another place in the rain and faints again. And on top of that to make it even more dramatic there is Ranka on TV. [right before that i was like 'no way please don't show Ranka on TV now.' That's just gonna over do the cheesiness]

This scene got me thinking: "Cant you go to the hospital, stay there for a bit longer get well and dont make people worry about you?" I saw those scenes as a weakness.

Looking at Sheryl past i might be wrong but i think Sheryl is extremely weak. I dislike how she is being all 'i am so poor' [even tho she is!] but i think the cheesiness of all this overdid it.

Even if Sheryl needs her- 'omg she is so poor'. I think Ranka has suffered more in this series then Sheryl. Ranka isn't just cute and immature girl. She matures as the series progresses and the pain in her heart makes her selfish.

Maybe people will understand why Ranka is not just some moe character when they will be in her shoes them selves. I hate to know that her entire family has died, she has amnesia, she falls for a guy, she keeps seeing that guy with another girl, she realizes she sings only for this guy, when she wants to tell him she misunderstands him choosing Sheryl [being rejected by the one for who you put your dream into and someone u go up to is really painful], she confesses to this guy, then this guy dates Sheryl for real and tells he will kill Ranka. Adding up to that the whole Macross hates her thinking she betrayed everyone and will probably kill her at the very first opportunity. Wow! Ranka you have amazingly fucked up life.

But if AltoxSheryl was a must, then i will just wish Alto would die at ep 24, no matter how immature this may sound.
This, right here.

Personally, as what everyone said about Sheryl in the anime, she never did change. In fact, true, she became more bitchy and clingy as time went on.
And by doing this, Ranka was ALWAYS second-best.

I've always shipped Alto with Ranka from the beginning of the series. And hated Sheryl...

After watching the movie however, Sheryl became okay in my book. However, I still didn't like her with Alto. If it's a must however, I don't mind at all, I guess.
In that movie, the production has finally became equal with the two. (well, the first movie at least) There's a 50/50 chance he might end up with any of the two.
alphabeast18 said:
i am going to say ranka. i am with the others when they say she is clingy at the start but as the show progresses she becomes more and more confident and self reliant. while Sheryl did the exact opposite. she became more and more dependent on alto as the show went on. sheryl was a very selfish character and seeing her background who can blame her but look at ranka's as well. even after learning that her singing caused the deaths of everyone on the 117 she still decided to use her voice to save frontier from galaxy despite it might go badly. i dont hate sheryl, in fact she was a great character at the end, but she was just too selfish and weak while ranka became stronger. but alto doesnt deserve either of them for being such an oblivious blob.
And true enough, I'd rather he not choose any at all though if the production chooses Sherly. Alto is a dumbass. xD

BTW, I know Ranka is jail-bait, but even so, she has the same age as Alto (or a year younger), this happens in real-life. Just because she's small and looks so much younger, doesn't mean it's PEDOPHILIA. Please grow a brain. :'/

Feb 13, 2011 6:40 PM

Jun 2008
I really like both girls...Sheryl is a great character, i think i even prefer her personality (and looks) to Ranka´s. Still if we are talking about who Alto loves the most, ill go for Ranka.
To me it seemed clear that he loved both girls...but somehow i like to see Ranka x Alto more than Sheryl x Alto. It seems more sweet.

My vote goes for Ranka x Alto;D

ofc if we could talk about alternative pairings than i would say Sheryl x Ranka because they really had a lesbian moment in the end running to each other with arms open, hugging and Ranka with her face on the boobs of Sheryl. As for Alto, i felt a gay moment between him and his "nii-san"

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Feb 21, 2011 11:55 PM
Feb 2011
They are both lovely ladies. Who Alto loves more? If he had a sense of awareness in the tv series, the answer is easy: Sheryl Nome without shadow of a doubt.

True love is about deeds and Alto never actually sacrifices anything valuable for Ranka. He's all words, no deeds. Joining the SMS for her is not a great deed, he was given his wish to fly after all. And after that? He never quite protected her. That was Brera. When he had the chance to prove himself as her protector? He ditched her and instead made all the sacrifices for Sheryl's sake. Even rescuing Ranka was seen as a favor to Sheryl. It was for Sheryl he forsook every oath he had made and was important to him. Even before he knew she was sick, he went back to his house even after he sworn down never set a foot there. He didn't do this for the sake of his sick father.

It was Sheryl whom he was a lover with and to whom he objected when she put an end to it (not because she's 'losing', but because Sheryl's ready to die in that mission). It's Ranka who is trying to measure up Sheryl in the end. While Sheryl's waiting for Alto without cloudy concerns in her mind now that she has good health.

The movie has made the triangle more balanced and Ranka has a sporting chance this time. In the end, it'll depend which is more marketable: a single Sheryl Nome or Sheryl/Alto. It's not between Sheryl and Ranka but Sheryl's marketing appeal which has been not known since Lynn Minmay (not even famous Basara Nekki had it).
LoveDriftsAwayFeb 22, 2011 12:03 AM
Feb 27, 2011 3:59 PM

Feb 2008
I don't mind Sheryl/Ranka, btw. /cough. xD

Feb 27, 2011 6:33 PM
Feb 2011
Lija-chan said:
I don't mind Sheryl/Ranka, btw. /cough. xD

I think at the long run, Alto will likely stay in that planet to fly in his open, blue sky, while they'll be busy in their galactic tours. ;)

That is if Kawamori doesn't retcon and replaces this with the movie conclusion (episode 25 was not Kawamori's idea, he wanted to resolve the triangle).

Which ends with...

LoveDriftsAwayFeb 27, 2011 6:36 PM
Jul 13, 2011 1:35 PM

Jul 2010
Ranka. I never liked Sheryl at all. And I'm guessing Alto prefers sexier women than Ranka who doesn't have that much of a figure.
Aside from appearances, Alto spends a lot of time Sheryl and that really pisses me off. I think Ranka is the most sweetest anime character ever!
Jul 27, 2011 10:00 AM

May 2009
Well...considering Alto does love Sheryl, why WOULDN'T he spend time with her?
And FYI the sweet and naive girls don't always get the guy, people should learn to stop applying shoujo rules too much on Macross series..
Jul 27, 2011 2:27 PM

Jun 2010
Ranka because she and Alto totally make a good couple!! But Sheryl is like that character who thinks she is all that! I don't like sheryl that much, so I vote for Ranka! AltoxRanka FTW!
Jul 28, 2011 10:39 PM
Feb 2011
Is there a point for this poll? Alto already chose.
Aug 9, 2011 6:04 AM

May 2009
Well, people will always want to argue. :P
Aug 9, 2011 6:06 AM

Dec 2010
Shipfaggotry. Every damn Macross.

And it should be noted the best end is ALWAYS harem end. But that'll never happen in Macross.
Nov 3, 2011 3:50 PM

Mar 2010
Nyomo said:

^This, but even though he don't deserve her,they would still make the best couple
Nov 8, 2011 11:45 AM

Nov 2009
I do think Sheryl and Alto is a more logical pair, but i would like to root for Ranka to because i like her character better - Sheryl (your vote)
Nov 11, 2011 4:58 PM

Oct 2010
Sheryl all the way baby!
Dec 1, 2011 4:08 PM

Apr 2011
For those who want to know:

SHERYL! <333333
colemanHDec 6, 2011 4:53 PM
colemanH.png colemanh-1.png
Dec 1, 2011 9:40 PM

Aug 2010
I guess Sheryl, perhaps maybe because i've seen more altoXsheryl romantic scenes than altoXranka..
Aug 18, 2012 10:52 AM

May 2008
SherylxAlto because I think they're cute together =) I absolutely hate Ranka even though it was the second time I watch it...(the first time I watch it, I think I couldn't make it past episode 5?)

And I think Ranka feels more like a little sister to Alto...Alto seems like a older brother taking care of his little sister =/
Lina91Aug 18, 2012 11:02 AM
Dec 8, 2013 7:46 PM

Nov 2012
colemanH said:

SHERYL! <333333

Alternate universe does not count as the OTP. For the series it was open ended, the movies are a parallel universe.
Jan 1, 2016 1:30 AM

Sep 2010
Naxrrhid said:
colemanH said:

SHERYL! <333333

Alternate universe does not count as the OTP. For the series it was open ended, the movies are a parallel universe.

Alto's feelings for Sheryl were already confirmed in the fanbook before the movie. Fans just wanted to pretend. He was going to confess in ep. 24 according to the staff before Sheryl shut him up.

There was no 'open end'.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Macross F Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Westlo - Aug 1, 2008

60 by Dzentelmen2 »»
Oct 12, 2023 7:22 AM

Poll: » Macross F Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

darkside099 - Jul 4, 2008

72 by sserpens »»
Mar 27, 2023 6:08 AM

Poll: » Macross Frontier Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Sep 11, 2008

98 by catfay »»
Feb 21, 2023 3:22 PM

Poll: » Macross F Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Westlo - May 15, 2008

72 by Antanaru »»
Dec 31, 2022 11:36 AM

Poll: » Macross Frontier Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

angel999 - Aug 21, 2008

123 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Nov 19, 2022 2:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.