Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Go! Go! Loser Ranger!
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 29, 11:06 PM
Jan 2019
Ok, so is it just me or is there fair amount of AI art shenanigans in this show (OP, a bit of the Eps, & ED)? Don't get me wrong, I love this series so far and especially the concept (Power Rangers x The Boys), but this is the first time I may have actually noticed actual AI utilization in an Anime. I'm not saying it was overused or even necessarily "bad", just noticeable if you are watching for it. I've learned to live with CG in Anime, but the inevitable atrocious AI art storm is on the horizon. Or maybe I'm over analyzing and got paranoid.

Edit: Not to say there isn't a lot of great art and character designs throughout, especially Ep 1 and stationary scenes, but I'd say AI was definitely used as action frame filler.
Schwartz666Apr 29, 11:11 PM
Apr 29, 11:18 PM
Apr 2022
can you give examples cuz I legit can't tell
Apr 29, 11:23 PM

Jun 2016
I thought this was a thread about the famous 1997 song "All I want" by The Offspring.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Apr 29, 11:43 PM
Jan 2019
YadisBatman said:

I mean, no, not specifically right now. But I do think the OP and ED are definitely, at least partially, AI generated.
Schwartz666Apr 29, 11:47 PM
Apr 29, 11:51 PM
Jan 2019
Theo1899 said:
I thought this was a thread about the famous 1997 song "All I want" by The Offspring.

ohhhhh, that's a sweet throwback reference mi Hombre! I know what I'll be jamming to tomorrow now tho.. 🤘🏻
Apr 30, 12:13 AM
Aug 2021
I'd need examples. I've even rewatched the first 4 eps (not because of this) and nothing has jumped at me as being AI-generated. There's a fair amount of 3D tho.
Apr 30, 12:35 AM
Jan 2019
Animaticide said:
I'd need examples. I've even rewatched the first 4 eps (not because of this) and nothing has jumped at me as being AI-generated. There's a fair amount of 3D tho.

Fair 'nuff. I could very well just be too high and/or wrong.
Apr 30, 2:16 AM
Oct 2020
Ai yai yai yai, what an age we live in when real fantastic art can be mistaken for AI, why would they even need to use Ai when their art is already so good, just seems useless, you are probably not used to cgi this good in anime
Apr 30, 3:52 AM

Jul 2015
Bro literally started singing Pillar Men theme song as thread title lol

Apr 30, 5:47 AM
Sep 2022
its just cgi and other computer graphic effects as opposed to traditional drawn anime

not everything is AI
Apr 30, 1:56 PM
May 2023
Schwartz666 said:
YadisBatman said:

I mean, no, not specifically right now. But I do think the OP and ED are definitely, at least partially, AI generated.

You can't just say "It's AI because I think it is"... You need some kind of proof or nobody's gonna listen to what you have to say 😭😭
Apr 30, 7:08 PM

Nov 2009
I bet the cute puppets at the end is AI generated.

They're too cute to be man-made.

Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
May 1, 9:08 PM
Jan 2019
Cwush said:
Schwartz666 said:

You can't just say "It's AI because I think it is"... You need some kind of proof or nobody's gonna listen to what you have to say 😭😭

yes yes, you're completely correct. my bad. i was definitely high when I watched 1-4 & then wrote op, so forgive me if I jumped the ol' AI-gun. forgot the dedication of my fellow weebs and I don't feel like scrubbing for timestamps. lol. Just a feeling I had.

again, no shade thrown on the production or the show itself, as I do love it so far! carry on my ani-homies.

Schwartz666May 1, 9:13 PM
May 1, 9:41 PM
Nov 2023
I think they just put a lot of attention into achieving a certain art style, and it looks really nice, bro
people will accuse anything of being AI nowadays
May 1, 11:20 PM
Jan 2019
angevarg said:
I think they just put a lot of attention into achieving a certain art style, and it looks really nice, bro
people will accuse anything of being AI nowadays

you're correct. I never usually call out something so minor as entertainment, but I do think we should be aware of the utilization more than ever.

in my case, appears I was wrong. although, in the case of misinformation tactics, we should be ever vigilant, but also willing to admit when we've made mistakes on cursory engagement.

a healthy lvl of digital skepticism* isn't a bad thing most of the time, as long we adapt. 😁

Edit: *changed paranoia to skepticism. more appropriate terminology
Schwartz666May 1, 11:28 PM
May 2, 8:34 AM
Jan 2022
I didn't realize this until now, but now that you mention it...lol
May 2, 8:52 AM

Apr 2020
Just you.

Seems like you‘re confusing AI with simple CGI.
May 2, 12:47 PM
Jun 2021
There's none just 3D animation in between.
May 4, 11:26 PM

Jul 2012
What the hell are you talking about, there's no "AI art" in the opening/ending lol

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sentai Daishikkaku Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 12

80 by ShokugekiNoRindo »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Sentai Daishikkaku Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 19

37 by metatron13 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Sentai Daishikkaku Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 14

88 by drpipu »»
3 hours ago

» i dont get how the rangers are sappoused to be the bad guys.

Eldencheese - Apr 14

18 by Raichi_ »»
5 hours ago

» List of chapters adapted

Fortress_Maximus - Apr 7

11 by Benedito29 »»
May 18, 4:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.