Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Noragami: Stray God
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 27, 4:03 PM

Aug 2018
The need for a Noragami Season 3 is higher than ever.
The truth is that last year, Attack on Titan just ended, and that means we won't have any more Kaji Yuuki (Eren) and Kamiya Hiroshi (Levi) moments, and that's a loss for the world... Unless.. We start having Yukine (Kaji Yuuki) and Yato (Kamiya Hiroshi) moments ;)
If we see things this way, it's the only possible solution to bring peace to the anime community.

Jokes aside, I have started reading the manga now, and it just made me notice how much I miss this anime. It has been 10 years since the release of the 1st season, and almost 9 since the 2nd one. That's a whole decade. This anime being one of the most popular here on MAL and receiving this treatment is interesting to say the least. I know the Blu-ray sold poorly in Japan, but who uses Blu-rays nowadays?
The manga just ended this year if I'm not mistaken, so it's the best time to release a new season. The anime community needs it, we all know it. It would be a staple for future anime and bring 2024 animes to a new level.
Hiyori has been waiting 10 years for Yato to solve her problem, poor girl, she needs to get back to normal sometime (although that would certainly be sad, so not sure about this).

So here it is, another post manifesting a new season for this anime. We can't let people forget about this possibility. If we start manifesting, maybe the universe would get tired of us and just give us the 3rd Season we have been asking for years. The important is to not let this anime start fading away, and let this discussion disappear.
Apr 27, 4:19 PM
Nov 2020
Facts

It‘d be big if it returned with s3
Idk why they don’t see the potential, is the manga not popular enough?
Apr 27, 4:34 PM
Apr 2024
After HXH manga returned, I believe that anything could happen
Apr 27, 5:34 PM
Oct 2020
I’m manifesting with you. Never give up hope πŸ™πŸ»
Apr 27, 6:22 PM
Apr 2020
Didn’t read none of that but I agree
Apr 27, 6:35 PM
Jan 2021
I need it so badlyyyy. The fact that it hasn’t come out yet has made me slowly lose hope but hopefully it’ll come back
Apr 27, 6:51 PM

Jun 2023
AGREEEEEEE. I need Noragami so bad 😭
Apr 27, 6:58 PM
Jan 2022
So true Noragami needs to come back
Apr 27, 7:15 PM

Jul 2015
Somebody posted a leak that it is in fact coming.

Apr 27, 7:19 PM

Aug 2018
Studio Bones is too busy with My Hero Academia, but a new season of Noragami will come sooner or later, so don't worry.
Apr 27, 7:30 PM
Nov 2022
Piromysl said:

Source?????????
Apr 27, 7:31 PM

Jul 2015
Vik_27 said:
Piromysl said:

Source?????????

I made it up.

But on a serious note, there is a thread somewhere in the forums where a guy lists all leaks and rumours he found. Some of them already turned out to be true.

Ok, it's here https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2141409

Apr 27, 7:38 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to Rhae
Studio Bones is too busy with My Hero Academia, but a new season of Noragami will come sooner or later, so don't worry.
@Rhaelynne MHA is close-ish to ending, but even then, it continuing to be produced doesn't make it an obstacle for other series. Bones has five different sub-studios, and studio C almost exclusively makes just MHA.

Noragami was made by studio A, who's most recent work was Vanitas.
Apr 27, 7:43 PM

Aug 2018
Reply to Oongbuh
@Rhaelynne MHA is close-ish to ending, but even then, it continuing to be produced doesn't make it an obstacle for other series. Bones has five different sub-studios, and studio C almost exclusively makes just MHA.

@Oongbuh
Oongbuh said:
MHA is close-ish to ending, but even then, it continuing to be produced doesn't make it an obstacle for other series. Bones has five different sub-studios, and studio C almost exclusively makes just MHA.

Honest to God, I didn't know that. Thanks. I learn something new every day.
Apr 27, 7:49 PM

Aug 2021
theres a few anime that have gotten new seasons after a decade of nothing, wouldnt be surprised if noragami was one. but ive rewatched the first 2 seasons of noragami so much i think my head would cave in if it ever got a season 3
Apr 27, 7:55 PM

May 2015
Yes. Since manga ended it would make perfect sense to bring the anime adaptation to completion as well. I believe just one season would be enough (probably 2 cour though, but I'm not good at estimating). And the story wrapped up in good enough way without any major disappointments and such. There's literally no reason why the new season shouldn't happen...
Apr 27, 8:11 PM

Jul 2019
I really don't understand WHY this still doesn't have a third season, but I keep my illusio.. I-I m-mean hope that it will get here sooner or later!
Most prolly later :')
                                                        "𝐼 π‘™π‘œπ‘£π‘’ π‘Žπ‘›π‘‘ π‘€π‘Žπ‘›π‘‘ π‘‘π‘œ π‘’π‘›π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘ π‘‘π‘Žπ‘›π‘‘ β„Žπ‘–π‘š π‘šπ‘œπ‘Ÿπ‘’ π‘‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘› π‘Žπ‘›π‘¦π‘œπ‘›π‘’ 𝑒𝑙𝑠𝑒..."

Apr 27, 9:49 PM
Oct 2020
Piromysl said:
Vik_27 said:

Source?????????

I made it up.

But on a serious note, there is a thread somewhere in the forums where a guy lists all leaks and rumours he found. Some of them already turned out to be true.

Idk about anything else, a lot of the sequels just sound like fan service, but I do know, arknights did in fact just get a season 3 announcement, which is not surprising and anyone could have predicted that, and the only other one I did notice is "demon army's strongest magician was a human" idk why he didn't remove it like he said he did with ones already announced (maybe it was announced after his last update), but that one is the one that makes me kinda believe it, and if true, it would be a blessing, let's see if it truly will all come true
Apr 27, 10:04 PM

Apr 2023
I don’t got time to read an entire essay, but I don’t think Noragami is coming back. The manga has only gotten recognition now that it ended, but even then it was basically forgotten afterwards.

It’s also been almost a decade since season 2 ended, still not even a season 3 confirmation as far as I’m aware. It’s basically in the shadows now.

And while I haven’t read the manga I heard season 2 went pretty anime original.
If I had to choose between One Piece and a girlfriend...I think I'll go with One Piece
Apr 27, 10:58 PM
Dec 2022
bnaf_03 said:
After HXH manga returned, I believe that anything could happen

but it's not continuing right, the last i heard is, it went on break, because of poor health of the author. and he also revealed three possible ending to the story, in case if the unfortunate may happen to his health.
question, did any new chapter came out from then
Yeshaiah2015yeshApr 27, 11:03 PM
Apr 28, 12:53 AM
Jul 2022
even it takes 2 years from now but at least an announcement will be sufficient...πŸ₯²
Apr 28, 3:58 AM
Jan 2022
please, I need a comeback. I missed them a lot. and aren't thiss year is 10 years anniversary for the anime?
Apr 28, 4:08 AM

Sep 2016
True story bro, especially because of the voice actor duo.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Apr 28, 8:05 AM

Aug 2018
Reply to Piromysl
Vik_27 said:
Piromysl said:

Source?????????

I made it up.

Piromysl said:
I made it up.

This is the energy we need.
But in all seriousness, if the leak is true, it would be amazing, but I feel like people just thrown Noragami in these leaks due to how popular it is and that it would get people excited.

Ten said:
There's literally no reason why the new season shouldn't happen...

Exactly, it just needs to happen

Haydorwaldor said:
Didn’t read none of that but I agree

Appreciate the support, together we are stronger.

Miludono said:
Idk why they don’t see the potential, is the manga not popular enough?

I did my research, and I mean, with the release of the last volume, the Noragami series sold, by February 2024, 8 Million copies in total. I think 8 Million units sold is really good, it's not properly AoT number of sales, but we don't need to go that far.

Zarutaku said:
True story bro, especially because of the voice actor duo.

It's destined that Yato and Yukine are coming back
Apr 28, 9:26 AM
Feb 2024
I DEFO NEED NORAGAMI.
Apr 28, 9:52 AM
Oct 2021
Noragami was one of my first animes and mangas. I definitely need more! Also because the Manga ended recently πŸ₯²
Apr 28, 11:31 AM
Aug 2023
i didnt even need to read all that to 100% agree
Apr 28, 2:50 PM
Sep 2018
we have sort of a resurgence of old, seemingly abandoned anime lately, and considering that noragami manga has just finished, i think there’s a good chance we will get a new season.
Apr 29, 1:14 AM
Jan 2023
PokefanPT said:
The need for a Noragami Season 3 is higher than ever.
The truth is that last year, Attack on Titan just ended, and that means we won't have any more Kaji Yuuki (Eren) and Kamiya Hiroshi (Levi) moments, and that's a loss for the world... Unless.. We start having Yukine (Kaji Yuuki) and Yato (Kamiya Hiroshi) moments ;)
If we see things this way, it's the only possible solution to bring peace to the anime community.

Jokes aside, I have started reading the manga now, and it just made me notice how much I miss this anime. It has been 10 years since the release of the 1st season, and almost 9 since the 2nd one. That's a whole decade. This anime being one of the most popular here on MAL and receiving this treatment is interesting to say the least. I know the Blu-ray sold poorly in Japan, but who uses Blu-rays nowadays?
The manga just ended this year if I'm not mistaken, so it's the best time to release a new season. The anime community needs it, we all know it. It would be a staple for future anime and bring 2024 animes to a new level.
Hiyori has been waiting 10 years for Yato to solve her problem, poor girl, she needs to get back to normal sometime (although that would certainly be sad, so not sure about this).

So here it is, another post manifesting a new season for this anime. We can't let people forget about this possibility. If we start manifesting, maybe the universe would get tired of us and just give us the 3rd Season we have been asking for years. The important is to not let this anime start fading away, and let this discussion disappear.

Agree with the Noragami part. Don't give smth. 'bout AOT though xD
Apr 29, 1:22 PM

Aug 2018
Reply to bonitomohito
we have sort of a resurgence of old, seemingly abandoned anime lately, and considering that noragami manga has just finished, i think there’s a good chance we will get a new season.
bonitomohito said:

Yess, let's bring out the positive energies

NonSenseWILH said:

Fair enough

Annso said:
Noragami was one of my first animes and mangas. I definitely need more! Also because the Manga ended recently πŸ₯²

Same! Noragami was my 4th anime, so it really has a special place in my heart! Now that I have started reading the manga and getting back into anime again, I really want this new season to happen!
Apr 29, 1:24 PM
Oct 2021
PokefanPT said:
bonitomohito said:

Yess, let's bring out the positive energies

NonSenseWILH said:

Fair enough

Annso said:

Same! Noragami was my 4th anime, so it really has a special place in my heart! Now that I have started reading the manga and getting back into anime again, I really want this new season to happen!

I know! There is so much good stuff happening and I would be delighted to see the scenes animated ^^
Apr 30, 5:10 AM
Jul 2023
i agree with u we need new seasons!!
Apr 30, 11:48 AM

Jan 2016
I saw people say bungo stray dogs had already caught up to the manga. Now I don't want any excuse from Bones, I need this show
May 1, 10:26 AM
Nov 2023
man, i don't think i've ever wanted something more than this. seriously, when i stop to think about how they left noragami aside, it makes me feel really sad. an anime with a good story, good characters, incomparable opening!!! i simply miss watching noragami so much, if i could i would erase it from my memories just to watch it again. and even if i knew that after season 2, even after almost a decade they stopped producing it, i would still see it! I really hope you come back with him in the future.

i swear, i need more yato and hiyori!!!!!!
May 1, 1:51 PM
Feb 2015
I would absolutely love it if Noragami got another season. The first two were epic, and now that Blue Exorcist and Black Butler are back after what feels like a century, I'm totally ready for some more Yato and Bishamon action! Let's make it happen, anime gods!
May 3, 5:43 AM
May 2015
It would be so nice to see a new season of Noragami these days. May the gods make it happen, I’ll have to give a coin to that wish.
May 4, 8:32 PM
Jul 2023
The thing is that Noragami is part of Bones and Bones right now is animating My Hero Academia (and I dont know how more popular animes right now) so if something incredible happens to Noragami (a lot of sales on the manga or the interest gets higher they can consider it) or the other option is to Bones give the rights to another studio ;—; like they did with Black Buttler
May 6, 6:02 PM
Dec 2019
it's sad, but probably it won't come back
May 20, 9:40 AM
Jan 2021
Adding just state. I will pay and even support crowdfunding of a Noragami Season 3.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Noragami Aragoto Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2015

192 by Siigma777 »»
Mar 17, 10:03 PM

» Im getting too old for this anime

DatajI - Mar 9

9 by Fenyy »»
Mar 9, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Noragami Aragoto Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2015

412 by TheAnimeWeeb101 »»
Feb 25, 2:05 PM

Poll: » Noragami Aragoto Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2015

317 by yarwe »»
Jan 16, 4:38 AM

» Is there going to be a next Season for this series, because it is really great?

m_vahhaaj - Oct 5, 2023

27 by animejas »»
Dec 14, 2023 7:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.