Forum Settings
Forums

What software(s) and hardware(s) do you use for digital drawings?

New
Apr 16, 4:56 AM

Jul 2013
I use Krita on Windows 8.1 on a laptop. With a Wacom Bamboo drawing tablet. To make digital drawings. How about you guys? I would like to know your computer software(s) and/or hardware/device(s) for digital drawings. I sometimes use Microsoft Paint to draw, too. But I mainly use Krita, which is an open source, digital drawing software. It works very well with my Wacom Bamboo drawing tablet. The drawing tablet uses a stylus btw.

So to cut a long story short, what hardware/device(s) and software(s)/app(s) do you use for digital drawing? I would like to know.
Apr 16, 7:49 AM

May 2022
I've been using a Windows 11 Laptop with Paint.net classic and a Logitech wireless mouse from 2009 or something. It isn't a very good setup for digital drawing but it gets the job done and I made somewhat decent art using this setup.
Apr 16, 9:44 AM

Jul 2013
Reply to SnipeStrike
I've been using a Windows 11 Laptop with Paint.net classic and a Logitech wireless mouse from 2009 or something. It isn't a very good setup for digital drawing but it gets the job done and I made somewhat decent art using this setup.
@SnipeStrike why not get a drawing tablet?
Apr 16, 11:16 AM

May 2022
Reply to DesuMaiden
@SnipeStrike why not get a drawing tablet?
@DesuMaiden

I'm too broke since I have to do a lot of chores for most of the technology I get. I might be able to get a secondhand Wacom tablet soon since I usually find them for $8 around here.
Apr 17, 6:30 AM
Jan 2023
Photoshop 2020 on a Windows 7 desktop using a Wacom Cintiq 16. All hardware bought on the second hand market to save a bit of money, well in the case of the wacom tablet, a lot of money. I've made some alright stuff with this setup, nothing I would really want to improve tbh, other than maybe desk space as that is very limited.
Apr 17, 10:00 AM

Aug 2017
Clip Studio Paint on XP-Pen tablet
Some of you never watched Bakugan Battle Brawlers on TeleToon in 2008 and it shows.
REST IN PEACE KENTAROU MIURA
Apr 17, 11:17 AM

Jul 2013
Reply to whitebeartigtig
Photoshop 2020 on a Windows 7 desktop using a Wacom Cintiq 16. All hardware bought on the second hand market to save a bit of money, well in the case of the wacom tablet, a lot of money. I've made some alright stuff with this setup, nothing I would really want to improve tbh, other than maybe desk space as that is very limited.
@whitebeartigtig hey, I am also using a second hand Wacom Bamboo drawing tablet. My laptop isn't second hand, however. I bought it 12 years ago.
Apr 17, 7:27 PM

Jun 2016
GIMP, and I also make oekaki with MSPaint. For hardware I use a mouse (Logitech M650 L).
Apr 17, 9:18 PM

Feb 2017
I use krita and a wacom as well, a small wacom intuos. I also sometimes draw on group websites, malmal.io and anondraw. like they have a canvas and a group chat where you can draw with strangers. They have a very limited tool set, its around the same as ms paint, but it's fun.
Apr 18, 2:56 PM

Jul 2013
Reply to JKKH
I use krita and a wacom as well, a small wacom intuos. I also sometimes draw on group websites, malmal.io and anondraw. like they have a canvas and a group chat where you can draw with strangers. They have a very limited tool set, its around the same as ms paint, but it's fun.
@JKKH Krita is more than good enough as an art software. You don't need anymore than it. And using a cheap Wacom stylus drawing tablet is good enough.

I don't even bother with layering on Krita. If I make a mistake on Krita, I simply use the white brush tool to correct it. Or I just click Ctrl+ z to undo any mistakes I make.
Apr 18, 4:10 PM

Feb 2017
Reply to DesuMaiden
@JKKH Krita is more than good enough as an art software. You don't need anymore than it. And using a cheap Wacom stylus drawing tablet is good enough.

I don't even bother with layering on Krita. If I make a mistake on Krita, I simply use the white brush tool to correct it. Or I just click Ctrl+ z to undo any mistakes I make.
@DesuMaiden Yeah krita is really solid as a free software. And you don't really need anything all that fancy to make decent digital art. I also sometimes draw everything on one layer and just paint over any mistakes. Mostly because I'm bad at managing my layers lol. I draw things on the wrong layers all the time and end up with too many layers which makes it hard to sort through them. Keeping just like one or two layers is better.
Apr 19, 7:31 AM

Jul 2013
Reply to JKKH
@DesuMaiden Yeah krita is really solid as a free software. And you don't really need anything all that fancy to make decent digital art. I also sometimes draw everything on one layer and just paint over any mistakes. Mostly because I'm bad at managing my layers lol. I draw things on the wrong layers all the time and end up with too many layers which makes it hard to sort through them. Keeping just like one or two layers is better.
@JKKH Krita and MS Paint are the only softwares I use for drawing. I usually post on this forum whenever I am not drawing btw. I am in the middle of drawing right now btw.

Krita is a very good software. Especially with my Wacom tablet.
Apr 19, 5:18 PM

May 2023

Digital Art for me is just a hobby to let off some steam.. Softwares I use mainly are Krita and Sketchbook.. finalized on Affinity Designer..
For hardware I acquired a graphic tablet for GIS work [map vector digitization], went with a XP-Pen Tab.. Have plans to buy a upgrade to Wacom or a Huion sometime in the future..
Luchipher-ZenApr 19, 5:22 PM
Apr 20, 3:31 PM

Mar 2008
Nothing at the moment.I am thinking what might work best for me.

SnipeStrike said:

Mouse keys work better for doing fine detail. A lot of people use roller balls instead of mice for drawing because there is more control, though some people hate them.
Apr 21, 8:19 AM

Jul 2013
Reply to traed

SnipeStrike said:

Mouse keys work better for doing fine detail. A lot of people use roller balls instead of mice for drawing because there is more control, though some people hate them.
@traed so what kind of stuff do you draw?
Apr 21, 8:19 AM

Jul 2013
Reply to traed

SnipeStrike said:

@traed so what kind of stuff do you draw?
Apr 21, 9:18 AM

Mar 2008
DesuMaiden said:
so what kind of stuff do you draw?

I havent drawn in a very long time. When i did draw digital it was usually just quick abstract or cartoonish looking drawings. Im more adapt at drawing with a pencil on paper but that has been even longer since ive done that. Id want to draw anime and manga stuff though but not sure i have enough willl to make myself actually get good at it.
Apr 21, 11:13 AM
Clip studio paint, but krita is a nice free alternative
And I have an xp pen drawing tablet

I haven’t drawn anything lately though
Apr 26, 5:29 PM

Dec 2018
i just use procreate on my ipad and use an apple pencil
*burps*  [font="\"Proxima Nova Regular\", \"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"][/font]

More topics from this board

» The Poetry thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TheConquerer - Sep 17, 2015

221 by alexpaynesays »»
Yesterday, 8:26 AM

» I invite you to my stream channel

Chadoumaru - Apr 28

0 by Chadoumaru »»
Apr 28, 6:52 PM

» Kiseki Sorter

Shizuna - Apr 28

1 by Luc36 »»
Apr 28, 2:42 PM

» Made An Anime Youtube Video thoughts?

panque - Apr 23

2 by panque »»
Apr 28, 1:15 PM

» How to Export/Backup Your Anime List Automatically! (TamperMonkey Script)

hacker09 - May 18, 2020

7 by Vapor_AU »»
Apr 26, 5:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.