Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 7, 8:08 AM
Mar 2022
your first impression for this first episode?

for me quite nice with the respect of the history of the game which is followed. to see for the rest
Apr 7, 8:11 AM
Feb 2024
god that was so peak. Also love how they showed how all characters change because of sensei.

ALSO MAJOR PLOT POINT

SHIROKO'S PANTIES ARE WHITE
Apr 7, 8:11 AM

Feb 2020
Pretty decent and cute start. Let's see how the story will develop from here.
Apr 7, 8:13 AM
Jan 2009
I'm honestly a bit surprised they started the episode showing off Shiroko Terror "killing" Sensei instead of keeping it vague of who she is, wondering how good of a choice that is for people who haven't played the gacha but probably has no real impact. (Though the surprise I had when they showed her sure made me go "HUH?")

The mobs shooting each other, taking bullets, makes it feel like they're just tanky as hell and no one in their universe goes down that easily (other than I guess actual humans).

Shiroko really already showing a lot of affection/attachment in the first episode, even taking lessons on her own with him.

I was curious on how they would use Sensei in regards to their role in battle, seems like they're doing exactly what I thought and being a commander.

Shiroko just UNLOADING on the final mob, absolutely brutal, also super strong goggles/glasses, being able to take all those bullets.

The ED is very nice and cute, gives us a preview of so many other characters and the potential of the animation.
The part C to the anime, Sensei somehow appearing in the world that Arona is in?

OP Song:

XanekApr 7, 8:21 AM
Apr 7, 8:49 AM

Apr 2014
Reply to KokonaCunny420
god that was so peak. Also love how they showed how all characters change because of sensei.

ALSO MAJOR PLOT POINT

SHIROKO'S PANTIES ARE WHITE
@KokonaCunny420

Finished episode when did the panty shot of shiroko happen?

Might have missed it.

All in all great episode really enjoyed it.
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Apr 7, 8:56 AM

Feb 2015
That was a great first episode!

Originally I was indifferent to Sensei's anime design but after seeing him animated... his design and voice is perfect.

edit: obligatory Arona !!! Hoshino !!! 😭😭😭
iDensityApr 7, 9:05 AM
Apr 7, 8:57 AM
Apr 2022
It's kinda short but I love it already T o T.
Apr 7, 8:58 AM
Jan 2022
I loved it, it is truly the Blue Archive ANIMATION, peak!
Apr 7, 9:00 AM
May 2017
SENSEI BROS WE WINNING
Apr 7, 9:01 AM
Jun 2017
HOLY PEAK WE ARE EATING SO GOOD SENSEIBROS
Apr 7, 9:02 AM
Jun 2017
very good opening
Apr 7, 9:03 AM

Apr 2015
Beautiful, Peaked, Masterpiece, Absolute Cinema. I can't believe they incorporate the gameplay in the anime.
Apr 7, 9:04 AM
Oct 2022
I can't sleep because I want more

guess time to watch story.
Apr 7, 9:09 AM
Mar 2022
PEAK ARCHIVE! IT'S A MUST WATCH! SENSEI IS JUST LIKE ME FRFR. WOULD SEGS WITH ALL KIVOTOS STUDENTS
Apr 7, 9:12 AM
Feb 2019
The OP Animation is very beautiful and fantastic. cant wait for episode 2.
Apr 7, 9:17 AM
Apr 2021
man its actually good episode

animation is decent, the directions is very much like in the game and the op is super good. i like it a lot
Apr 7, 9:30 AM
Jul 2022
BA ANIME IS FINALLY HERE WOOHOOOOO

Hifumi will appear soon I can rest in peace now
Apr 7, 9:32 AM
Sep 2023
this episode is telling us about Abydos Forclosure Task Force and sensei appearances, looking forward to the next episodes
Apr 7, 9:35 AM
Jan 2017
Cute and funny episode fr fr.
vanitas vanitatum

Apr 7, 9:35 AM

Feb 2021
IT'S HERE. I got into gacha games not too long ago, and I've seen Blue Archive everywhere, so there was no way I won't watch this. A part of me wants to start playing it, but I already play Uma Musume, so starting it will absolutely murder my free time. Maybe someday... I really wish there was two of me now.

Oh wow, that beginning O_O. This might be more serious than I thought.
I've seen these halos e v e r y w h e r e. I wonder what they are.
Sunaookami means "sand wolf"
17:53 居場所 (ibasho) - place where one belongs; where one fits in; place where one can be oneself

Very pretty OP.
Cool first episode, but I really need some lore and explanations.
Apr 7, 9:39 AM
Sep 2022
Blue Archive The Animation Thank You So Much 🙏💙

As A Player Or Sensei On Global Since Day 1 , I Really Long Waited For This To Come Out 💙

My First Time Anime That A Game That I Got Addicted And Im Always Playing It To Have An Animation That Im Gonna Watch It , Im Really Happy With It To Be My First Animation Of The Game Im Always Playing It 💙

I Just Finished The Ep 1 As Well It's Really Good 💯

The Opening Is So Good That It Shown Many Scenes Mostly Tease On The Final Chapter As Well Of Chapters It Really Applying The Story Of The Game Mostly First On Chapter And Im Happy With How It Really Applied On Anime It Really Shown Other Way To Show It But The Content Is Still The Same On Game Im Happy With How Other Way In Show On Anime On It I Was Surprised 💙💯

And The Song As Well Is So Good 💙💯

The Animation Is Good As Well , It's Really Worth To Wait

Im Excited For Ep 2 Next Week 💙

And The Ending And Song As Well 💙💯

💙
Apr 7, 9:40 AM
Jul 2023
Peak sensei expression.

A really good first episode, focusing the main characters introduction and personalities. Definitely want more worldbuilding in the future.
Apr 7, 9:41 AM
Jan 2019
Did not expect them to show THAT scene as literally the first scene of the anime
Apr 7, 9:43 AM
Feb 2024
The way they characterized sensei and the in-game mechanic into a character is just mind-blowing
Apr 7, 9:54 AM
May 2019
Peek Anime alot of cute and funny reference will fr recommend it
Apr 7, 10:00 AM

Dec 2017
Is this what the peak I've heard of looks like?
❝Kabo-chan is ran by the MAL staff team and does not respond to individual comments made on her profile.❞
I was immensely devastated.
Apr 7, 10:06 AM

Nov 2013
Cute and funny start. Their coordination was just like how they are in Tactical Challenge, so messed up without Sensei's help. Lmao.
Apr 7, 10:08 AM
May 2012
Adorable and hilarious !
Apr 7, 10:10 AM

Apr 2017
The animation is really good especially the op ,and i hope its not just op but the entire eps can hold the quality of this animation ,theres not much happening in this eps but for sure the story will grow over
Moe is Love ! Moe is Life !
Apr 7, 10:13 AM
Mar 2021
is the game good? i feel like I should try it. episode was nice
Apr 7, 10:17 AM
May 2023
OMG UUUOOOHHHHHH😭😭😭😭😭💢💢
ITS FINALLY HEREE, SENSEIII IS JUST LIKE ME FR FR!
THE OPENING SONG SO PEAKKK, SO THIS IS WHAT IS CALLED PEAK FICTION!!!
CAN'T WAIT FOR MORE OF THIS PEAK!

NezuSwallowtail_Apr 7, 10:24 AM
Apr 7, 10:20 AM

Apr 2018
I am following this show out of curiosity how it beat FGO in terms of storytelling. I am yet to see why.
but it is too early to judge it soon. I'll give it the three episode rule or maybe six.

Anime adaptations from games are usually bad though especially to people who never played them.

But to be honest, the first few singularities or even the entire arc 1 in FGO sucked, that is probably how it lost.
喜べ少年
君の願いはようやく叶う。
YOROKOBE SHOUNEN, KIMI no NEGAI wa youyaku KANAU.
Rejoice, your wish will be finally granted.
"THE RATE UP IS A LIE!"
Apr 7, 10:25 AM
Mar 2021
surprisingly smooth and high fps compared to its predecessor (shorts) , they really putting the work here it seems, very well done
top tier OPM fan & morbhead
Apr 7, 10:32 AM
Dec 2014
Reply to CrystaLyse
I am following this show out of curiosity how it beat FGO in terms of storytelling. I am yet to see why.
but it is too early to judge it soon. I'll give it the three episode rule or maybe six.

Anime adaptations from games are usually bad though especially to people who never played them.

But to be honest, the first few singularities or even the entire arc 1 in FGO sucked, that is probably how it lost.
@CrystaLyse Actually story of BA also only really gets good on late arcs too....(we might not see the best arc on current season...)

for what I remember FGO story only really gets better from 6th and later singularities(+ lostbelts) and BA story gets really good from 3rd arc(Eden treaty) and later arcs
theENTERApr 7, 10:42 AM
Apr 7, 10:32 AM

Aug 2023
Reply to fitsahats
surprisingly smooth and high fps compared to its predecessor (shorts) , they really putting the work here it seems, very well done
@fitsahats i have never played the game so do i need to know anything or i can watch it without any knowledge of the game?

Apr 7, 10:38 AM

Jul 2011
I could make a very old joke about guns and schools, but no.

So the halos just appear when they are awake.

I hope to see Red Winter in the future, or Cherino, to be precise, even in the background.
Apr 7, 10:40 AM
Aug 2022
Finally our game receive an anime adaptation, I'm really happy about it
Apr 7, 10:43 AM
Mar 2022
@-sleek- no need play game for view the anime
Apr 7, 10:49 AM
gokigenyou~

May 2013
couldn't have asked for a better start, already filling gaps in my imagination and seeing the battle sequence and the tour of Abydos definitely made it feel a lot more real.

Apr 7, 10:51 AM

Mar 2018
Reply to CrystaLyse

@CrystaLyse

Neither three episode rule nor six will work because the story that is adapted as anime now is the Vol 1 of the game, which is arguably not the best part of the story. The parts you've heard such high praise are highly likely Vol 3 and Vol F, which I won't go as far to say they beat FGO in storytelling but they ARE indeed really good. The current Vol 1 that's adapted as anime will be just character/world introduction and some chill slice-of-life parts at the start that will get a bit serious near the end. And I doubt this season will get more than 12 episodes so they prolly won't have freedom to adapt more Vols either. So just keep your expectations low if you're expecting a story that 'beat' FGO.

Geez, that's why I wanted them to adapt straight up Vol 3 for anime. Each Vol has little to no connection until Vol F so if they want to adapt Vol 3, they can do it. They prolly chose Vol 1 to adapt as anime cuz the cast in it are the face of the game. But by adapting Vol 1, I KNEW there'll be anime-onlys like you who'll come here with wrong expectation. I dunno how many more people I need to inform this by repeating the same stuff smh. Please do me a favor by spreading this info if you see more anime-onlys like you.

Apr 7, 11:16 AM

Apr 2022
This is so fucking stupid. The one single thing even remotely close to being interesting are the background characters, maybe the animation (even though they recycle shots). Everything else sucks.
Apr 7, 11:18 AM
Mar 2022
@felixsifuri you know you have to watch the anime with your eyes
Apr 7, 11:20 AM

Aug 2023
Reply to YuudachiFR
@-sleek- no need play game for view the anime
@YuudachiFR thanks man
Apr 7, 11:22 AM

Apr 2022
Reply to YuudachiFR
@felixsifuri you know you have to watch the anime with your eyes
@YuudachiFR you may be right, they were closing the whole time
Apr 7, 11:24 AM
Feb 2021
The day has finally come, and I loved it, from the worldbuilding, the gunfight action scenes, the personality of the characters and also the music. They really cooked, looking forward to see the Problem Solver 68 girls and Hifumi.
Apr 7, 11:26 AM

Apr 2018
Reply to Renkini
@CrystaLyse

Neither three episode rule nor six will work because the story that is adapted as anime now is the Vol 1 of the game, which is arguably not the best part of the story. The parts you've heard such high praise are highly likely Vol 3 and Vol F, which I won't go as far to say they beat FGO in storytelling but they ARE indeed really good. The current Vol 1 that's adapted as anime will be just character/world introduction and some chill slice-of-life parts at the start that will get a bit serious near the end. And I doubt this season will get more than 12 episodes so they prolly won't have freedom to adapt more Vols either. So just keep your expectations low if you're expecting a story that 'beat' FGO.

Geez, that's why I wanted them to adapt straight up Vol 3 for anime. Each Vol has little to no connection until Vol F so if they want to adapt Vol 3, they can do it. They prolly chose Vol 1 to adapt as anime cuz the cast in it are the face of the game. But by adapting Vol 1, I KNEW there'll be anime-onlys like you who'll come here with wrong expectation. I dunno how many more people I need to inform this by repeating the same stuff smh. Please do me a favor by spreading this info if you see more anime-onlys like you.
@Renkini

Alright, thanks for the advice. I will continue watching it lightly.
喜べ少年
君の願いはようやく叶う。
YOROKOBE SHOUNEN, KIMI no NEGAI wa youyaku KANAU.
Rejoice, your wish will be finally granted.
"THE RATE UP IS A LIE!"
Apr 7, 11:27 AM

Jul 2020
so what, they use bb guns and don't actually kill each other? guess I was wrong to expect a loli massacre
Apr 7, 11:27 AM
Jan 2023
it gud
kinda enjoyed it even without playing the game
Apr 7, 11:28 AM
Jul 2021
I really liked basically everything, but the only thing that bothers me a bit is that the soundtrack didn't really feel "Blue Archive". It's not that they're bad, though they strike me as being bit generic and too slice-of-life-ish. I hope they bring more of the electronic aspect as the anime progresses.
Aside from that, the animation is good and that (which I assume will be the) OP is beautiful. I'm anxious for the next episode.
Apr 7, 11:32 AM
Dec 2022
I look handsome, if I do say so myself.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Good News

DarkHomieC - May 8

15 by DarkHomieC »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Blue Archive the Animation Episode 6 Discussion

Xanek - 10 hours ago

16 by NezuSwallowtail_ »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Blue Archive the Animation Episode 5 Discussion

Xanek - May 5

30 by AW_Flister »»
9 hours ago

» Hina Student Introduction PV

Xanek - Today

0 by Xanek »»
Today, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Blue Archive the Animation Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xanek - Apr 14

72 by iammedina828 »»
Yesterday, 6:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.