Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 1:17 PM

Apr 2014
Pretty good start. illumination STARS was officially formed.
I really hope L'Antica will perform abyss of conflict in the anime.
何それ?意味分かんない
Apr 7, 6:46 AM
Mar 2023
Crunchyroll was supposed to simulcast the series but they forgot to put the first episode up for streaming
Apr 8, 1:43 AM

Jun 2022
AMANAMANAMANAAMANA BEST GIRL UOOOGGGGGHHH
Apr 8, 4:15 PM
Dec 2018
Was a nice first episode. I don't play the games so I don't know much about the girls but I like Hiori's vibes. Excited to see more.
Apr 9, 7:39 AM

Jul 2017
lol guessing the score tanked cus of ppl waiting on crunchyroll and getting mad
Apr 9, 8:32 AM

Nov 2011
this serves as yet another proof that fansubs as we knew it are dead. if fansubs were still a thing, we would get subs a literal day after the episode aired in Japan.

as for me, I watched it on TVer.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Apr 9, 1:00 PM
Nov 2013
So, I have tried both mentioned options to watch the first episode, and none worked for me. Abema says it's not available in my area, which isn't a surprise since I'm in MX. And TVer keeps loading forever for nothing to happen.
Is there any catch to be able to watch it? I'm pissed about the crunchycrap thing, and thought trying to find it somewhere else but got nothing so far. Any help is highly appreciated.
Apr 10, 2:37 PM
Mar 2024
I like the plot and atmosphere of the story, but please, many people don't like the GCI graphics. I see this as a game, not a television animation
Apr 11, 11:15 AM

Nov 2011
Reply to AlanHaTe
So, I have tried both mentioned options to watch the first episode, and none worked for me. Abema says it's not available in my area, which isn't a surprise since I'm in MX. And TVer keeps loading forever for nothing to happen.
Is there any catch to be able to watch it? I'm pissed about the crunchycrap thing, and thought trying to find it somewhere else but got nothing so far. Any help is highly appreciated.
@AlanHaTe you'll need to use a vpn if you're not in the region.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Apr 12, 12:22 PM

Apr 2018
Please stop letting Polygon pictures cook.
Apr 12, 1:11 PM
Sep 2022
okay i've never watched anything idolm@s before... is this a good place to start?
Apr 12, 1:17 PM

Jul 2014
This first episode felt like it was running at half speed. Everyone talks super slowly and the pacing just generally feels really languid on all fronts.

At least it looks really nice, far more colourful than Polygon's usual shows with much nicer character models too. We'll see as the show progresses how it plays out in motion though when we get more concert scenes.

Also, hearing Kenjirou Tsuda's voice in a show like this was really unexpected, but I'll never say no to it.
Apr 12, 1:18 PM

Apr 2018
Reply to bearried
okay i've never watched anything idolm@s before... is this a good place to start?
@bearried I think it's better to start at OG Idolm@ster or U149.
Apr 12, 4:33 PM
Apr 2022
Well the premise of Idolmaster is all the same across ALL the shows.
The formula has not changed for 14 years already.

Male producers recruits girls to be idols. They make friends along the way. The End.

I watch because the CGI CGDCT is so cute.
So many CGDCT CGI music anime this season.
Apr 13, 4:20 AM
Apr 2013
EP 1

After 3 months idolmaster returns again
Though i have to say i know even less about shiny colours. i dont think it has quite as many girls as million live thats for sure.
Because of shenanigans, they actually announced that there will be a s2 airing later this year. though apparently that also means s1 doesnt have that many girls...by idolmaster standards
Im thinking probably 10 more or less

So yeah i know nothing else
Shiny colours is quite new so im not expecting to recognize any of the girls

It actually looks very similar to million live. a bit different yeah. the fact they're getting 24 eps first is hmm
It is really strange since i dont know any of the girls. though that was the case with idolmaster as a whole really and they just drop 10 girls on you uhm

As an anime only the anime presumably is for people who actually played the game so they assume you already know
million live had quite a lot of surprises, but shiny colours im not sure

Words. words intensifies. i mean million live and cg has some sekret 20+ year old idols but it seems the general trend is still like around 15 or 16 ish more or less

Bit of a quiet episode
No op or ed or insert song this time. ok maybe i spoke too soon.
Very basic introduction to our first 3 girls, though we still barely know much about them
Hiori is really quiet though
The op song(?) is uh. well its your usual. what do i know

Admittedly the first ep was kind of a slow start but really. Right now we are at 16 girls which is uh...a lot for 12 eps, but oh well. I've heard there'll be even more in s2 so oof.
I'm not expecting to recognize any of the girls so lets see

There's also like 13 other girls, although they are all in their groups already, "conveniently". So that gives us about 3 eps ish per group maybe. Not sure how they'll share the time

Hiori is actually kondo reina, which is. Something for sure.
Kaho is kono hiyori, which is uh
Amana is kuroki honoka, though I cant say much
Chiyoko is actually shiraishi haruka, oh my. She's probably the biggest name here.
Kogane is isobe karin. I've actually seen her before back in 2022
Apr 13, 4:59 AM
Nov 2017
Watching this alongside girls band cry and blue archive is a death sentence for me. comparison is a thief of joy. That aside I enjoyed the first episode. the direction felt unique compared to other idol anime. someone said that it felt like a recap movie and I can see it. this felt like a concept movie to me. looking forward for the rest of the season.
Apr 13, 6:12 AM

Jan 2018
Finally Shinymas anime is here.
Apr 13, 6:58 AM

Nov 2009
The character designs and models are so gorgeous I can watch this even if it won't have an impressive plot. (I still hope it'll be decent tho.)
It gave me a way better first impression than the Million Live anime did.
I just wish it had slightly higher FPS on characters and stuff like cars. 60FPS would be cursed but they used too low FPS imo, feels like slowmo/laggy but it's not terrible.
Apr 13, 2:37 PM
Aug 2010
The animation did not seem right. I don't normally complain about frame rate in games, but you can really see it here. Even movements like arms looked like it came from a game with preset animations. The ending (or is it the opening) looked great, and the brief performance in the middle looked okay, so it it can be better. I hope later episodes improve, because it's the stiffness takes me out of the show.
Apr 13, 5:13 PM
Apr 2024
Hiori I love like episode 1
Apr 21, 4:26 AM

Feb 2016
Oh boy, can't wait to watch the exact same plot for like the 5th time!

I know this is just the 1st episode but compared to Million Live from last year this is a total downgrade, the CGI looks peak, yeah, but I have the feeling the animations are at like 5fps lol, I also didn't like how this episode developed, like, we have the protagonist Mano who said no to the offer to become an idol, but the next day said yes, just like that, we didn't got even a single hint as to why she said no in the 1st place, comparing her to all the protagonists in the past seasons make her look really boring.

Also, I don't understand, they had 3 groups, 2 of them of 5 girls, and the other one of just 3 girls, at the same time there were 2 girls without a group, so, why not just make them join the group with 3 members so they end up with 3 groups of 5 members each? That's dumb.
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Apr 24, 8:57 AM

Mar 2024
Why the CGI in this anime so bad? It looks like some kind of amateur project, like yandere sim. Even another ongoing, Girls Band Cry, have better 3D.
I love Shinymas, but this is very bad adaptation. I am disappointed.

More topics from this board

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors Episode 7 Discussion

AkeZZZ - May 17

4 by amlg »»
May 18, 4:46 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors Episode 4 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Apr 26

7 by BonBonToro »»
May 16, 2:45 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors Episode 6 Discussion

AkeZZZ - May 10

3 by StallionXD »»
May 11, 8:18 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors Episode 5 Discussion

AkeZZZ - May 3

6 by StallionXD »»
May 4, 11:22 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors Episode 3 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Apr 19

5 by DreamingBeats »»
Apr 26, 9:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.