Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 3, 10:45 PM

Jul 2021
A finale that did absolutely nothing to hold back my growing disdain for the series.

Try as I might, I see no redeeming qualities to this show at all. I can say it's just (barely) watchable. And it could (barely) be categorized as a "medical show", which I'm hoping we get more of. And I guess Elise is a hardworking and kind person... even if she's completely bland and absolutely perfect in everything (except handwriting, of course, how amusing!).

It's been a whole lot of nothing, and I was looking forward to it. Supposedly the manhwa is much better, but I lost all appetite to check it out.
Apr 7, 2:13 PM

Feb 2009
Mikhail coming to the rescue. Honestly with what we know about him so far and during Elise's previous life, I'd rather root for him and Elise to be together. I don't dislike Linden at all, but his feelings do appear to be more circumstantial (understandable, but still). I know that with the way the story is going, there's a very small chance Elise doesn't end up with Linden, but even if they are a "good couple", you'd think all of the trauma she faced in her past life as Elise with him literally burning her at the stake and just generally treating her badly would result in their relationship not working out here, even if it was her fault in her past life (psychological trauma has nothing to do with logic after all). We know she still dreams about her past life and how he gave her such a cold look as stones are thrown at her and she is set on fire. I can't imagine dying that way wouldn't leave lasting psychological trauma.

Otherwise, it makes sense that the finale would be a risky surgery, although I find it funny that it was left up to the crown prince to decide when he is literally under suspicion for the entire thing (how did they even let him out of his confinement? Also, why is Mihail not there?) Also, if the cause of his illness was lymphoma, does that mean diabetes was a misdiagnosis? Or is this just in addition to that? I find it funny that people are complaining about emergency situations happening every episode. This story is literally about her as a surgeon, what did you want to see instead? Obviously the story isn't showing us the regular days where nothing of note happens, that's how pretty much every story is...

People complain that she is perfect/mary sue, but that is ignoring the entire setting of the story. She was a terrible person in the past, and clearly has learned and is now living a third life. Her crazy medical knowledge is due to her hard work and dedication during her second life. Of course she would have a clear advantage when she has all this knowledge that no one else has. She's clearly had the chance to fix both her personality and her knowledge over the course of multiple lives, driven by the utter disastrous ending that was her first life.

Then you have clowns that complain that the show is barely a medical show, like huh? Were you looking for some documentary instead in a fictional anime tale? What other series is even more "medical" than this one? Personally, I am quite satisfied with the medical aspects. This show is what I was looking for in Isekai Yakkyoku, but that show veered too much into fantasy, whereas this show stuck to what it was supposed to be about, her third life as a surgeon in her past life setting.
Apr 7, 9:04 PM
Dec 2020
The manhwa is better than the tv show. I wish the tv show went by the manhwa and story better. Then the show would have been good.
Apr 8, 3:49 AM
Mar 2019
This is such a beautiful ending. Is there enough material for a season two of this?
Apr 14, 6:51 PM
Jan 2022
This was heartwarming and inspiring anime. Also I liked the more technical part of the anime.
Apr 15, 8:37 AM

Jan 2014
since Elise are so fixated to become a doctor, I was wondering what happened to Julian though?
She love the prince genuinely but up to this episode there's no indication that she had a chance even after Elise said that she's not worthy to become empress.
I feel bad for Julian, honestly.
Yesterday, 1:12 AM

Aug 2019
this was yet another fine show. though most episodes felt very long.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gekai Elise Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 20

46 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Yesterday, 12:48 AM

Poll: » Gekai Elise Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 13

37 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Yesterday, 12:26 AM

Poll: » Gekai Elise Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 6

36 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Yesterday, 12:01 AM

Poll: » Gekai Elise Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 28

34 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 6, 9:35 AM

Poll: » Gekai Elise Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 21

33 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 6, 9:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.