Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 17, 10:53 AM
Feb 2024
Hi, I know the English version reduces the amount of chapters and removes panels to convert it to right to left. Is it still enjoyable or should I wait for a better version translated to English?
Feb 17, 11:11 AM

Jan 2017
Gawdly said:
Is it still enjoyable or should I wait for a better version translated to English?

I've read only a few chapters, but i'd say it still is highly enjoyable. Dark Horse really tried their best in flipping and translating this Manga, as they truly hoped for it to become a huge hit in the US. You just have to be okay with the pages of a Manga being flipped, and with some part of panels being redrawn by someone who's not the original Artist. (I'm not aware about the reduced chapter tho... Isn't that just because of a Special edition ?)

There won't ever be an official translation of Mugen no Juunin that is not flipped, tho. Dark Horse had too much difficulties and used so much money to successfully get the Manga like that. If that's a problem for you, there is an old fan-translation still up on MangaDex.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Feb 17, 3:42 PM
Feb 2024
Alexioos95 said:
Gawdly said:
Is it still enjoyable or should I wait for a better version translated to English?

I've read only a few chapters, but i'd say it still is highly enjoyable. Dark Horse really tried their best in flipping and translating this Manga, as they truly hoped for it to become a huge hit in the US. You just have to be okay with the pages of a Manga being flipped, and with some part of panels being redrawn by someone who's not the original Artist. (I'm not aware about the reduced chapter tho... Isn't that just because of a Special edition ?)

There won't ever be an official translation of Mugen no Juunin that is not flipped, tho. Dark Horse had too much difficulties and used so much money to successfully get the Manga like that. If that's a problem for you, there is an old fan-translation still up on MangaDex.

It’s not a problem for me to read manga in that way, I was just wondering if it ruins the experience

The fanscan you provided is not fully finished in English so I will stick to official

Thank you
Feb 18, 5:45 PM
Mar 2021
Alexioos95 said:
Gawdly said:

It wasn’t even dark horses decision. It was the authors
Feb 18, 5:46 PM
Mar 2021
Gawdly said:
Alexioos95 said:

It’s not a problem for me to read manga in that way, I was just wondering if it ruins the experience

The fanscan you provided is not fully finished in English so I will stick to official

Thank you

It most definitely does not ruin the experience. Why would it? The author was the one who made the decision to make it light that for English releases. And in doing so, manually changed some of the paneling for a better read. It’s not noticeable at all, and there’s almost no difference
Feb 18, 9:52 PM

Jan 2017
24846 said:
It wasn’t even dark horses decision. It was the authors

That's not entirely true.
Flipping the Manga was originally Dark Horse idea, and they slowly tried to convince the Author, which was against at first, until he finally accepted.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Feb 19, 1:29 PM

Aug 2019
I read the whole series with Dark Horse’s version and I didn’t even know that this was the case. Honestly, there are so many nice details (translating the handwritten sound effects, comprehensive translation notes, articles about the series at the end of some novels) that I consider it one of the best translation I have seen of a manga 🤷‍♀️ I say give it a go

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blade of the Immortal Chapter 30 Discussion

ricardocsc - Dec 19, 2012

2 by astoneon »»
Apr 29, 2:28 PM

Poll: » Blade of the Immortal Chapter 207 Discussion

kusushi - Feb 24, 2013

24 by H_Erifu »»
Mar 21, 12:44 AM

Poll: » Blade of the Immortal Chapter 206 Discussion

VitaX - May 11, 2013

6 by sasuke100 »»
Aug 6, 2023 7:38 AM

Poll: » Blade of the Immortal Chapter 204 Discussion

a1oner - Apr 23, 2013

6 by sasuke100 »»
Aug 5, 2023 3:46 PM

Poll: » Blade of the Immortal Chapter 201 Discussion

a1oner - Mar 24, 2013

7 by sasuke100 »»
Aug 4, 2023 3:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.