Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 12, 1:06 PM

Jan 2019
Seeing the debates about whether certain titles should have a home here or not is getting braindead and is probably hurting the popularity and discussions of certain shows just so an admin/s(?) can make a statement.

So my questions are:

Do the MyAnimeList administrators plan to make changes to the rules of the database?

Will there be any effort to clear things up or explain why "Ninja Kamui" was denied until the day it came out?

Will there be revisiting of previous titles that have been denied here?

Hope some insiders can shine some light on this occurrence.
Feb 12, 1:09 PM

Apr 2020
As a fellow consumer:

-They don't owe you any explaination.

-You don't know about efforts beeing made/planned. They don't have a meeting with you beforehand and they shouldn't. Be patient. You'll know as soon as changes go live. Example: Ninja Kamui. It's on here, now. All the bitching before that was unnecessary.

-Going back on stuff YOU want to be included in the database isn't a concern or a priority. There are a hundred guys wanting a hundred different things. This is pointless. It's not about consistency, cause the community members aren't consistent in their demands.

-Most likely MaL staff will run their website exactly how they want it to run and that will be that. Deal with it :)
Merve2LoveFeb 12, 1:17 PM
Feb 12, 1:20 PM

Feb 2016
I'm totally out of the loop. I came from Twitter, after seeing a clip of this anime (?) and got hyped. So I wanted to see what MAL says about this. Now I'm really confused whether this is seen as an anime or not lol. Doesn't it have Japanese dub as well? :o
Feb 12, 1:22 PM

Feb 2016
Reply to Merve2Love
As a fellow consumer:

-You don't know about efforts beeing made/planned. They don't have a meeting with you beforehand and they shouldn't. Be patient. You'll know as soon as changes go live. Example: Ninja Kamui. It's on here, now. All the bitching before that was unnecessary.

-Going back on stuff YOU want to be included in the database isn't a concern or a priority. There are a hundred guys wanting a hundred different things. This is pointless. It's not about consistency, cause the community members aren't consistent in their demands.

-Most likely MaL staff will run their website exactly how they want it to run and that will be that. Deal with it :)
@Merve2Love this comes off rather passive-aggressive. Has this been a long on-going debate on MAL that I missed or are you just angry that they dared to ask those question? genuinely asking^^
Feb 12, 1:23 PM

Jan 2009
Reply to Merve2Love
As a fellow consumer:

@Merve2Love the snarky queen of mal strikes again whats the point of customer feedback or criticism
Feb 12, 1:39 PM
Sep 2022
Merve2Love said:
As a fellow consumer:

This is so friendly and conducive to bettering the community and MAL and doesn’t sound pretentious at all
Feb 12, 1:43 PM

Jan 2019
Reply to Merve2Love
As a fellow consumer:

@Merve2Love

Merve2Love said:
It's on here, now. All the bitching before that was unnecessary.

Are you sure the bitching was unnecessary or was the bitching what got it here?

jfc i read the rest and it's not even worth responding to you're just blind glazing MaL staff. Go off queen. (only respond when you're done with your tantrum)
ShenheFeb 12, 1:57 PM
Feb 12, 2:25 PM
Negator

Mar 2022
Yeah I have a hard time following what is eligible to be on the database or not, I don’t even bother paying attention anymore. Just glad this made it on here at least.
Feb 12, 2:35 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to Shenhe
@Merve2Love

Merve2Love said:
It's on here, now. All the bitching before that was unnecessary.

Are you sure the bitching was unnecessary or was the bitching what got it here?

jfc i read the rest and it's not even worth responding to you're just blind glazing MaL staff. Go off queen. (only respond when you're done with your tantrum)
@Shenhe

Pretty sure it was unnecessary ^^
It just wasn't fast enough for the guys, as usual. Bitching was easier then beeing a little patient with the site you're using for free, contributing nothing but toxicity. But hey, it will be like this forever.

Point is: Even if MaL did all the stuff you wanted --- there's always that other guy with a different opinion.
What are they supposed to do? Change it, everytime someone's unhappy? xD
Feb 12, 6:26 PM

Oct 2019
For as long as I have been on mal, they mods have never actually listened to feedback. they just do what they wanna do.

They fixed the spam bots, because a random youtuber pushed a show they didn't like to n1, not because people where complaining about it for years.

They instantly changed songs being included in the rankings, when Idol made it to top 50, because again, they felt like it,

For something like scott pilgrim anime they got so much shit from both mal users and outsiders, they did not care. they didn't even release a response to defend themselves.

They got backlash on the review system change with the vast majority of people disliking the new system, and once again, nothing was changed.

Mal is pretty huge, way bigger than it ever was before, so who knows, maybe one day it gets sold or something big happens to it, that results in the entire admin system changing, but as it stands now, don't get your hopes up.

(also an advice from me to you, don't argue with the person you're arguing with, It's not worth it.)
Also available at:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
An AMV I that I spend way too much time on:
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Feb 12, 7:44 PM

Aug 2019
Reply to Merve2Love
@Shenhe

Pretty sure it was unnecessary ^^
It just wasn't fast enough for the guys, as usual. Bitching was easier then beeing a little patient with the site you're using for free, contributing nothing but toxicity. But hey, it will be like this forever.

Point is: Even if MaL did all the stuff you wanted --- there's always that other guy with a different opinion.
What are they supposed to do? Change it, everytime someone's unhappy? xD
@Merve2Love

What's the point in even saying anything if nothing will come out of it? If nothing is going to change, why talk to ONE person in this forum?
Feb 13, 2:58 AM
May 2018
It is consistent though. Japanese/Korean/Chinese productions get added, simple as.
Feb 13, 3:20 AM

Feb 2016
@Shenhe she is the discord mod equivalent for MAL
Feb 13, 4:18 AM

Apr 2020
Reply to FluffyExpress
@Merve2Love

What's the point in even saying anything if nothing will come out of it? If nothing is going to change, why talk to ONE person in this forum?
@FluffyExpress

Cause that can have meaning. You can discuss and just chat with people.

Thougsands of people, all with different suggestions trying to force a company to change it's ways, cause "i wAnT tHAt!111", like a rebellious teenager is just a bit silly^^
Feb 13, 4:32 AM

Sep 2016
It's just MAL trying to avoid additional work by keeping their self-made definition of Anime as narrow as possible.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Feb 13, 4:33 AM
May 2018
On the one hand MAL were being very petty over this kinda issue but on the other hand americans getting butthurt is funny so it is hard to pick a dog in this fight.
Feb 13, 11:52 AM
Oct 2019
ConFectx said:
@Merve2Love this comes off rather passive-aggressive. Has this been a long on-going debate on MAL that I missed or are you just angry that they dared to ask those question? genuinely asking^^

She always like this, just ignore
Feb 14, 2:25 AM
Jan 2016
MAL staff is a joke.
Feb 19, 10:32 AM
Oct 2020
a normal day at MAL.
nice.
Feb 19, 8:18 PM
Tatakae
Feb 2020
Reply to Merve2Love
As a fellow consumer:

@Merve2Love Nicely put. It’s actually so annoying seeing ppl complain about the same thing over & over again. I look at it like; if it gets added, great. If it doesn’t, great. Idk why ppl have a hard time realizing the MAL team doesn’t owe them or anyone anything…
Feb 19, 8:34 PM

Jan 2019
Reply to TheHoodSenpai
@Merve2Love Nicely put. It’s actually so annoying seeing ppl complain about the same thing over & over again. I look at it like; if it gets added, great. If it doesn’t, great. Idk why ppl have a hard time realizing the MAL team doesn’t owe them or anyone anything…
@TheHoodSenpai

W bystander but not sure why you replied complaining about complainers. Just keep being that W bystander your entire life.
Feb 21, 2:58 AM
Aug 2018
Reply to Merve2Love
As a fellow consumer:

@Merve2Love This is pretty much the most ridiculous, uninformed and unreasonable comment I've read on MAL so far. Wow, it was so low of a comment. Not to mention, as others have noticed, you sound passive aggressive, an attitude which is very toxic in its nature. Try to change it next time, mate. It's neither helpful nor wanted in any civil discussion.
IccemanFeb 21, 3:22 AM
Feb 21, 8:54 AM

Apr 2020
Icceman said:
@Merve2Love This is pretty much the most ridiculous, uninformed and unreasonable comment I've read on MAL so far. Wow, it was so low of a comment. Not to mention, as others have noticed, you sound passive aggressive, an attitude which is very toxic in its nature. Try to change it next time, mate. It's neither helpful nor wanted in any civil discussion.

Oh, was it?^^
Sorry you felt this way.

Just what Im thinking, tho. This constant nagging at MaL staff feels a bit childish to me.

Don‘t get too riled up about it :)
Agree to disagree 🤝
Feb 21, 9:24 AM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
Thread moved to the correct board.

More topics from this board

» An "Anime Franchise" page

_cjessop19_ - 7 hours ago

0 by _cjessop19_ »»
7 hours ago

» Combining every season of an Anime?

Dennisss - Apr 1, 2021

17 by _cjessop19_ »»
7 hours ago

» Add the option to change profile favorites pictures

k1rb - Oct 21, 2022

19 by k1rb »»
Yesterday, 2:21 PM

Poll: » Add list setting to make notes private (on public lists)

S_h_a_r_k_93 - Nov 12, 2022

25 by anonymate »»
Apr 24, 9:57 PM

» Add number of episodes and number of members in the advanced search.

Yacine2104 - Jan 10

8 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 24, 12:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.