Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 24, 10:32 PM

Apr 2015
It was so hard to read his fight with Deku especially in the manga, the anime was impactful but the manga just brought me to tears. Extremely relatable to me in my current phase of life and even Deku was like that's how I would've have turned out if I didn't have people supporting me.
Kind of reminds me of how Naruto was mocked by everyone yet Iruka supported him and saw the good in him!
Gut wrenching moment in the series which shows that not all villains have bad ambitions and everyone is just one step away from crumbling under the weight of society :(
BiisooJan 24, 10:36 PM
Jan 25, 7:14 AM
Oct 2018
Biisoo said:
It was so hard to read his fight with Deku especially in the manga, the anime was impactful but the manga just brought me to tears. Extremely relatable to me in my current phase of life and even Deku was like that's how I would've have turned out if I didn't have people supporting me.
Kind of reminds me of how Naruto was mocked by everyone yet Iruka supported him and saw the good in him!
Gut wrenching moment in the series which shows that not all villains have bad ambitions and everyone is just one step away from crumbling under the weight of society :(

Thank you, bro. I liked him at first for the gentleman theme, the british accent, the snazzy one liners, but I grew to appreciate his back story, motivations and relationship with La Brava. Genuinely my favourite character in the whole story. Glad others feel the same way :)
Jan 25, 7:21 AM

Apr 2015
z_dice said:
Biisoo said:

Thank you, bro. I liked him at first for the gentleman theme, the british accent, the snazzy one liners, but I grew to appreciate his back story, motivations and relationship with La Brava. Genuinely my favourite character in the whole story. Glad others feel the same way :)

Surprisingly no one else has even posted on this thread lol but anyways *High five* Initially while watching the anime, I did find him to be a good written character but after reading the manga I understood him even more.
The hardest people to fight are the ones who are actually right, This fight was so tragic. Sadly Horikoshi (according to my knowledge of the manga so far never used Gentle or La Brava again which is really sad to me. They deserve more screen time.
Jan 25, 7:37 AM
Aug 2020
Biisoo said:

same here. I agree with everything you said.
Jan 25, 8:44 PM
Mar 2022
Yeah he is a really good written character. By the way did you caught up to the chapter where he reappeared?? That moment really brought his character to a peak.
Jan 25, 8:51 PM

Mar 2013
Him and La Brava saving UA High School as it fell to the ground is one of the greatest moments in this series. You can really feel Gentle's emotional investment, as he struggles to save UA, all while telling La Brava that it was his own limitation rather than lack of love she had for him that was giving him so much trouble.
Jan 25, 10:55 PM

Jan 2009
he becomes a legend later in the manga

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 419 Discussion ( 1 2 )

thebrentinator24 - Apr 3

51 by Biisoo »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 421 Discussion

deg - Apr 24

14 by Abyhape »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 373 Discussion

MegamiRem - Nov 18, 2022

24 by KoniginElle »»
Yesterday, 2:18 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 420 Discussion

deg - Apr 10

25 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 22, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 416 Discussion

deg - Mar 7

24 by omgtouya »»
Apr 20, 3:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.