Forum Settings
Forums

Add number of episodes and number of members in the advanced search.

New
Jan 10, 6:53 AM
Jan 2024
The current filters on MAL advanced search include Type, Score, Status, Producer, Rated, Start Date, and End Date. After applying these filters, you can also sort results by using them plus episodes and total members. Why aren't these two sorting options integrated with the other filters?
Yacine2104Jan 31, 12:04 PM
Jan 11, 7:57 AM

Mar 2008
You can already do that.Go to the anime search page and click "advanced search"
Jan 11, 8:03 AM
Jan 2024
Reply to traed
You can already do that.Go to the anime search page and click "advanced search"
@traed yes I know but you can't filter results by number of episodes and total members. Like for example I want to find all anime with 7 score with less than 12 episodes and more than 300k members. In this example you can only search for anime with 7 score and after sort by episode count or total members
Jan 11, 8:36 AM

Mar 2008
You shouldnt take so much stake in MAL scores. Just because something is below a certain score wont mean you wont like it. But yeah it has been suggested before to have a slider for series length and episode length etc.
Jan 11, 8:56 AM
Jan 2024
Reply to traed
You shouldnt take so much stake in MAL scores. Just because something is below a certain score wont mean you wont like it. But yeah it has been suggested before to have a slider for series length and episode length etc.
@traed I only provided a score for the example since score is already included in the filters. I'm not particularly concerned about the score. My initial suggestion is to include "Total members" and "Number of episodes" as filtering options.
Jan 31, 11:59 AM
Jan 2024
Do devs read suggestions? And is there a third party app that does this filtering by number of episodes and members number
Jan 31, 12:02 PM
Jan 2024
The IMDb advanced search feature could serve as inspiration for enhancing the search functionality. https://www.imdb.com/search/title/
Apr 24, 10:53 AM
Jan 2024
Can you add this in the maintenance
Apr 24, 12:26 PM

Jan 2017
Yacine2104 said:
Do devs read suggestions?

That's... a good question.

Of what is often quickly mentioned during announcements, they do read some of the suggestions, but honestly, they usually just not care. The Suggestion and Support boards are basically abandonned, and usually, only answered by random users.

I really wouldn't expect MAL to implement that, even if it could be useful.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.

More topics from this board

» @ sign spam/attack

kuroneko99 - Apr 16

4 by traed »»
Yesterday, 9:50 AM

» Add the option to change profile favorites pictures

k1rb - Oct 21, 2022

20 by Astachanna »»
Yesterday, 9:05 AM

» An "Anime Franchise" page

_cjessop19_ - Yesterday

1 by Astachanna »»
Yesterday, 9:04 AM

» Combining every season of an Anime?

Dennisss - Apr 1, 2021

17 by _cjessop19_ »»
Yesterday, 1:08 AM

Poll: » Add list setting to make notes private (on public lists)

S_h_a_r_k_93 - Nov 12, 2022

25 by anonymate »»
Apr 24, 9:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.