Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 19, 2023 6:01 PM

Jun 2023
So I wanted to customize my profile more and even though I came up with a layout (is not the one I have current btw) I can't seem to think of what to actually write there. I just have questions going on my head like "should I write a little introduction?" "would a like/dislike section even be relevant?" "where do I put and how do I word any rules I have for interacting?".

I think i should put something related to my taste in anime, since well, this is an anime site. But I'm not really sure how to present that information.

I know that I should just do whatever I want, but I don't actually know what I want and even if I do, again, I'm not sure how to put it.

Anyways, if there's any advice you can give me, please do so. I'd appreciate it.

(Well, I'm currently happy with the layout I have. But keeping this thread is nice for future reference)
StrawberryBlxxdDec 22, 2023 11:59 AM
Dec 19, 2023 7:39 PM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
I don't like writing things about myself. I just post some of my interests, and try to make it look appealing to my tastes. It's not really necessary to write a long about me if you're not interested in that.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Dec 20, 2023 12:15 AM

Jun 2020
Add whatever you want in the descriptions, so long as its allowed on the site.
My advice is to check out some of your MAL friends or other user´s pages to get a good understanding of what you like and what you would emulate. For those custom old about me type of pages, there are guides on what codes you use to add content. If you cant be bothered to code, there is the modern about me page system, easy to set up.

"Don't let your memes be dreams."- Ancient Japanese proverb, probably
Dec 20, 2023 3:06 AM
Grave of Flowers

Dec 2012
Put ratings, faves and a little history on how you got into anime, as well as how you discovered this website

also, pls don't openly admit you're a minor, it might attract the wrong kind of attention
┍━━━━»•» «•«━━━━┑

🎖️ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
🏆 graph badges

┕━━━━»•» ☠️ «•«━━━━┙
Dec 20, 2023 7:01 AM

Jun 2023
Reply to 3miL
Put ratings, faves and a little history on how you got into anime, as well as how you discovered this website

also, pls don't openly admit you're a minor, it might attract the wrong kind of attention
@3miL Hm... I guess you're right. I thought stating i'm a minor would help set the boundary of no suggestive topics but if someone doesn't already respect that rule, I guess they won't care about my age.
Dec 22, 2023 10:28 AM
⭐Space Cadet⭐

Nov 2016
I love what you're doing with the charts!
I couldn't figure out if I wanted charts or not
but seeing how you used them I want to incorporate them into mine now!

Also, as stated already definitely do some research.
Go around checking out everyone's profiles
and snoop around, taking a little bit of each as your own.
I just kinda created an entire character sheet for mine lmao
Dec 22, 2023 11:58 AM

Jun 2023
Reply to LonelyLittleStar
I love what you're doing with the charts!
I couldn't figure out if I wanted charts or not
but seeing how you used them I want to incorporate them into mine now!

Also, as stated already definitely do some research.
Go around checking out everyone's profiles
and snoop around, taking a little bit of each as your own.
I just kinda created an entire character sheet for mine lmao
@LonelyLittleStar Holy crap??? You're profile is stunning????
You were able to pack so much information so neatly and well. I love how you used the text boxes to separate everything into it's own section.
When I saw the example on how to use the text boxes on the BBCODE guide I honestly thought they looked bad, but you're usage of them is great! I never thought of using them like that!

I specially love the fav op and ed sections, they looks so pretty and neat!
Dec 22, 2023 4:25 PM
⭐Space Cadet⭐

Nov 2016
Reply to StrawberryBlxxd
@LonelyLittleStar Holy crap??? You're profile is stunning????
You were able to pack so much information so neatly and well. I love how you used the text boxes to separate everything into it's own section.
When I saw the example on how to use the text boxes on the BBCODE guide I honestly thought they looked bad, but you're usage of them is great! I never thought of using them like that!

I specially love the fav op and ed sections, they looks so pretty and neat!
@DaydreamPhoenix

aaaAHH .⁠·⁠´⁠¯⁠`⁠(⁠>⁠▂⁠<⁠)⁠´⁠¯⁠`⁠·⁠.
You have no idea how much that means to me!
I spent a lot of time and effort on coding my profile
so I appreciate it!

You see lots of people coding simple bios
or even using the new pre built designs
I couldn't lol I'm weird, I love coding ♡⁠(⁠Ӧ⁠v⁠Ӧ⁠。⁠)
My profile is always evolving and changing.

I hope, maybe, I could help you design your profile
If you needed any tips, tricks ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯ whatever you have trouble with!
Dec 22, 2023 6:18 PM

Jun 2023
Reply to LonelyLittleStar
@DaydreamPhoenix

aaaAHH .⁠·⁠´⁠¯⁠`⁠(⁠>⁠▂⁠<⁠)⁠´⁠¯⁠`⁠·⁠.
You have no idea how much that means to me!
I spent a lot of time and effort on coding my profile
so I appreciate it!

You see lots of people coding simple bios
or even using the new pre built designs
I couldn't lol I'm weird, I love coding ♡⁠(⁠Ӧ⁠v⁠Ӧ⁠。⁠)
My profile is always evolving and changing.

I hope, maybe, I could help you design your profile
If you needed any tips, tricks ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯ whatever you have trouble with!
@LonelyLittleStar I honestly think coding is a very cool and extremely admirable art (I know it's not officially considered art, but i can't see with it wouldn't be art), I don't fully know all that goes into it, but I know it's very difficult. Like, you have to know how to organize it correctly, any minimal mistake can break the whole thing...
Also the creativity that goes on the designing stuff, it's a completely different skill to coding yet a lot of people that are into it end up learning about design.

Thanks, I apreciate it! I'll reach out to you if I need help.
Dec 22, 2023 8:47 PM

Dec 2018
Write “Monochrosanity is the coolest person ever!” I think it’ll really help the profile come together ^.^
Dec 23, 2023 12:14 AM

Feb 2018
write anything! look at my profile! it's a mess!

If you are a friend. Visit my profile to recommend me something to watch ( ^▽^)ψ__
Dec 23, 2023 3:47 PM

Nov 2009
Well... id hide the gifs behind a spoiler for starters.

I dont know about others but i cant focus on the text when theres a fast moving gif annoying me. Like nothing wrong with bocchi but please spoiler when gifs 😭
"It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities"

- HP1 forever fave quote

//This was quoted in the year of 2009
Dec 23, 2023 5:05 PM

Jun 2023
Reply to Dostojevskij

I dont know about others but i cant focus on the text when theres a fast moving gif annoying me. Like nothing wrong with bocchi but please spoiler when gifs 😭
@Dostojevskij Excuse me, are you sure you're talking about my profile? Because I don't have any Boccki the Rock gifs on my profile...
Dec 23, 2023 5:09 PM

Nov 2009
DaydreamPhoenix said:
Excuse me, are you sure you're talking about my profile? Because I don't have any Boccki the Rock gifs on my profile...

Lmaoooooo yeah youre right i thought you were @my-t X'D

Your gifs are very soothing and not fast at all so theyre okay with your text lol sorry for the mistake X'D
"It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities"

- HP1 forever fave quote

//This was quoted in the year of 2009
Dec 23, 2023 5:10 PM

Jun 2023
Reply to Dostojevskij
DaydreamPhoenix said:
Excuse me, are you sure you're talking about my profile? Because I don't have any Boccki the Rock gifs on my profile...

Lmaoooooo yeah youre right i thought you were @my-t X'D

Your gifs are very soothing and not fast at all so theyre okay with your text lol sorry for the mistake X'D
@Dostojevskij It's okay, I was just confused for a second lol
Dec 23, 2023 9:22 PM

Feb 2018
Reply to Dostojevskij

@Dostojevskij Well if dosto insists then i'll add spoilers

If you are a friend. Visit my profile to recommend me something to watch ( ^▽^)ψ__

More topics from this board

» [UserScript] MAL Full Watching History

NurarihyonMaou - Aug 15, 2021

22 by NubFix »»
12 hours ago

» Made An Anime Youtube Video thoughts?

panque - Apr 23

3 by DesuMaiden »»
Yesterday, 11:11 AM

» Show us your latest sketch or drawing v.2 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Feb 21, 2017

1630 by renzospark »»
Yesterday, 5:03 AM

» I invite you to my stream channel

Chadoumaru - Apr 28

0 by Chadoumaru »»
Apr 28, 6:52 PM

» Kiseki Sorter

Shizuna - Apr 28

1 by Luc36 »»
Apr 28, 2:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.