Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 26, 2010 11:00 PM

Apr 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
METALGREYMON!!! xD And so ends the Etemon arc. Tai rescued Sora and evolved Greymon to MetalGreymon. So cool xD Then, they ended up in Tokyo???????

Oct 9, 2010 7:14 AM
Aug 2009
MetalGreymon final evolution, Agumon always ends up being Koromon every time he newly evolves, now the only thing is will Tai get back to the digital world.
Apr 10, 2014 2:03 AM
Mar 2013
So many crazy things happened in this episode. First off, I'm impressed with Joe, Matt, and Mimi's diversion. I'd be scared to see that many digimon + Etemon on my tail.

It was cool to see Datamon drag Etemon with him. Too bad Etemon didn't stay down. We get to see MetalGreymon!!! Man that is one BA dragon digimon, I love his blue metallic wings.

At first I thought Tai would be able to escape but he got sucked in with Etemon too :S
Jul 6, 2014 11:59 PM

Oct 2013
MetalGreymon! Finally! That's what I've been waiting for.

I'm gonna miss Etemon, though. He was a real bro.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Sep 6, 2014 2:54 AM

Jan 2014
Amazing episode!
MetalGreymon is badass :D
Oct 30, 2014 9:27 PM

Aug 2011
ETEMON NO

I need you. My monkey man.

Vengeance of everyone's grudge.

"I didn't add it to my list so I forgot I was watching that." - lpf
Jun 15, 2015 11:43 AM

Mar 2015
"Whoever doesn't come back alive is in big trouble" - Mimi

This bitch..

datamon sounds a lot like Mayuri Kurotsuchi (in the dub)

FINALLY, the real world
Aug 4, 2015 6:05 PM

Apr 2013
Now that's a nice plot twist!
Jun 11, 2016 8:47 AM

Feb 2013
Etemon was finally defeated, Metal Greymon was cool.
Taichi is back in the human world?
Sep 27, 2016 4:56 AM
Sep 2016
I liked the Etemon arc a great deal more than the Devimon/Origin arc. You can tell that the budget for the show had increased for this run. The first arc is fraught with canned animations for each Digimon attack, and over use of the Digivolution cutscenes to buy each episode time.

At this point in the show, you can see powers being used in unique ways, and the overall quality of artwork is a great deal better. I remember watching most of this during its original air date, but I am certainly fuzzy after these first 20 episodes. I am more excited to see where this goes than I had expected.
Jan 29, 2017 3:28 PM

Dec 2010
Dtrow said:
I liked the Etemon arc a great deal more than the Devimon/Origin arc. You can tell that the budget for the show had increased for this run. The first arc is fraught with canned animations for each Digimon attack, and over use of the Digivolution cutscenes to buy each episode time.

At this point in the show, you can see powers being used in unique ways, and the overall quality of artwork is a great deal better. I remember watching most of this during its original air date, but I am certainly fuzzy after these first 20 episodes. I am more excited to see where this goes than I had expected.

That`s true. There is definitely more variety and better execution. And those evolutions` sequences are getting better and better.

RIP Etemon, you were a goddamn annoying monkey.
Oct 5, 2017 9:38 AM

Apr 2015
The last minute of this episode always gives me the chills
Nov 25, 2019 10:30 PM

Apr 2016
What did he do different this time to evolve Agrumon into Metal Greymon instead of Skull Greymon?
Dec 27, 2019 8:38 PM

May 2008
First super-evolution of show! Not as chill inspiring as I hoped...

Valyrian1124 said:
What did he do different this time to evolve Agrumon into Metal Greymon instead of Skull Greymon?

Showed true courage over recklessness and forcing it. But, I think you asking highlights the issue I had with this episode.

Taichi has always been on the courageous side along with being slightly reckless. So I get needing something to highlight the difference...

But, the whole death thing feels... not done well. Since the beginning they've been afraid of dying (starving, evil digimon), it was only for a very short time Taichi thought he couldn't die. So now he's super afraid of dying? To the point he felt he lost his courage? It doesn't work. If the whole "couldn't die" was an assumption earlier and the entire basis of a lot of Taichi's actions then this could make sense since there's not many areas Taichi showed a courageous act that directly put his life on risk and was an act that couldn't be solved by Agumon evolving (the 2nd episode comes to mind).

Plus, Sora being kidnapped... was totally pointless! It did nothing but provide an easy way to deliver Taichi's super-evolution. Sora didn't need to be kidnapped for any of that to happen; just have her Crest in a secret room that Nanomon was protecting.

I did like how even Mimi was brave and proactive instead hiding and whimpering. Also like that even Takeru and Tokomon did something helpful. But man when is Tokomon going to evolve? It should have been happened by now.

Overall, an okay episode.
May 12, 2020 12:09 AM

Apr 2014
Oh gosh, the CGI Digivolving sequence looked awful, and I feel like MetalGreymon barely had any animation. He just stood there the whole time. The only movement was when he blocked Etemon's attack.
Oct 3, 2020 2:26 AM

Dec 2012
Nanomon is still inside the pyramid.
Taichi wants to do whatever it takes to save Sora.
Sora is cuffed.
A copy of Sora?
Sora's crest.
Taichi will save Sora this time.
Etemon focking dem up.
Etemon found them.
Dat theme. Kabuterimon.
There's something very precious on the other side of the wall for Taichi? Sora.
Taichi put his hand through. His crest is glowing.
Etemon.
Dat theme. Greymon.
Sora. Her eyes. Dat booty. A fake.
Taichi took the digivice and tag.
Taichi grabs Sora.
Dat theme. Birdramon.
They're getting sucked in.
Etemon is fused with the network.
Taichi's crest.
Dat theme. Greymon! CHOU SHINKAAAAA! MetalGreymon!
MetalGreymon is glowing. The powers of holiness.
Giga Destroyer!
Etemon disappeared.
Taichi and MetalGreymon as well.
Sora screams for Taichi.
Taichi and Koromon.
The real world?
Dat ending.

Dat Chou shinka. MetalGreymon is so cool. I love how the animation changed for the real world. It looks like the movie before the series when Taichi was younger. Sora is precious to Taichi and Sora only called for Taichi when she was scared and needed someone to save her.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Feb 11, 2021 4:22 PM

Jul 2013
The arc was was a lot shorter than I thought. It's only been 7 episodes since we left File Island.

Nanomon sure took the most roundabout way imaginable. You do know the kids also wanted to kill Etemon, right? Why going through this copy shenanigans when you could literally just team up with them?
Apr 22, 2023 5:14 PM

Jan 2017
Really underwhelming animation for Metalgreymon, I don't mean the evolution, honestly don't mind the CG here, it has it's charm lol, but his actual on screen animation.
Specially his special attack, what was that? 
Nanomon should have ran instead of just submitting to death lol, let the kids handle the monkeyman.
Excited to see where this is going, I thought Etemon would hang around way longer.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 6 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 6, 2010

15 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 2:26 PM

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 5 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 5, 2010

17 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 1:10 PM

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 4 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 5, 2010

16 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 3 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 5, 2010

16 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 2 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 3, 2010

18 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 11:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.