Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 21, 2023 8:00 AM

Jan 2018
They are getting to know each other.
Sep 21, 2023 8:15 AM

Oct 2017
The director is older than he looks as expected. Well he better be strong and able to control his power or else he'll be killed.
Sep 21, 2023 11:29 AM
Apr 2021
I liked how he’s getting to all of them in this chapter it’s nice character development
Sep 21, 2023 9:37 PM

Sep 2020
This story seems generic asf.
Sep 21, 2023 10:48 PM
Jun 2019
ZXEAN said:

Yea, unfortunately it’s turning out to be rather generic. Especially these last three or so chapters, they have been pretty generic.
Sep 22, 2023 6:02 AM

Aug 2011
LooneyLufah said:
ZXEAN said:

Yea, unfortunately it’s turning out to be rather generic. Especially these last three or so chapters, they have been pretty generic.

I feel the length of the chapters are sort of slowing the whole story down. If they combined two chapters each time, maybe it wouldn't feel so slow?
Sep 23, 2023 5:47 AM

Aug 2021
As expected, the director is self-conscious of his short height.
Sep 28, 2023 8:52 AM

Sep 2020
This manga has a great premise, but my biggest gripe is the supporting cast...

Makino who used to be our Mr. Infodump, faces a somewhat uncertain role now that additional members of the FFF have joined the cast.

Makoto's our silent, brooding, ikemen character, essential for every shonen battle series.

and Ayari's the girl.

This chapter specifically, Hikishima's introduction feels all over the place. He's made out to be authoritative, inquisitive (though this trait is stated rather than demonstrated), socially detached, and short (a major character trait). I don't really know what the author wants the audience to think about him?? I feel like he could've benefitted a lot from focusing on one prominent trait and gradually developing the others.

The side characters are incoherently eccentric, and the director especially so. Sure, it's his character debut, but still, this is not a very good first impression. The overall portrayal of the Flower Funeral Force is dissonant, blending their prior authoritative persona with their newly introduced eccentricity that doesn't align with the story's tone. What they really have with their interactions conveys a sense of cartoonish weirdness, while the narrative attempts to maintain a more realistic tone. It's like they were trying to be Chainsaw Man, but failing to do so.

The "controlling the demon within" concept has been done time and time again, though, with the uniqueness of this interpretation of that trope being almost a Nezuko situation, the way the other characters respond to it is overly straightforward. It does help stage for a possible development down the line, so I won't complain about that too much.

Maybe I'm just being demanding, but we'll see how it goes. This chapter just feels especially dissonant to what the initial premise promised the readers.
Beat & Motion's strongest warrior

Sep 30, 2023 7:07 AM

Jul 2021
There's a lack of conflict, which seems unwarranted since we haven't witnessed any significant actions from these characters.. The team, especially the protagonist, should have already been thrust into the next challenging situation by this point.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Nov 18, 2023 8:46 PM

Dec 2022
hah! Makoto knows how to earn brownie points with the boss

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wild Strawberry Chapter 21 Discussion

ARK-13 - May 2

3 by MegamiRem »»
May 6, 2:04 PM

Poll: » Wild Strawberry Chapter 19 Discussion

ARK-13 - Apr 4

5 by ChibiiiAlex »»
Apr 30, 10:23 PM

Poll: » Wild Strawberry Chapter 20 Discussion

ARK-13 - Apr 18

6 by ravingLimey »»
Apr 22, 6:45 AM

Poll: » Wild Strawberry Chapter 18 Discussion

ARK-13 - Mar 21

3 by Genkai_Haven »»
Mar 27, 1:23 AM

Poll: » Wild Strawberry Chapter 17 Discussion

ARK-13 - Mar 7

2 by MegamiRem »»
Mar 21, 1:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.