Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 21, 2023 1:05 PM
Sep 2020
this episode gave me a feeling that i never have so long
Sep 21, 2023 6:14 PM

Feb 2014
Sajotchi got back with Aika eh? Took a while to end up together.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Sep 22, 2023 6:17 AM

Aug 2022
Yumemiru Danshi has been a very entertaining romcom.

Changing the typical thing a bit that the protagonist is always behind the girl and giving development to both of them.
Little hope that there will be have sequel to this show.
RafaBryanSep 22, 2023 10:22 PM
Sep 22, 2023 7:34 AM
Aug 2023
The ending was very rushed would have preferred a slower ending
Sep 22, 2023 9:56 AM
Aug 2020
bad bad and,euh bad

this girl won everything...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Sep 22, 2023 2:42 PM
Aug 2020
the end is not what we wanted
Sep 23, 2023 4:23 AM
Feb 2023
not very special ending.. but I liked it.. although not the expected ending :v

Biography

RomCom Lovers!
Sep 23, 2023 7:34 AM

Aug 2014
After this last ep I changed vote to 9/10 ;]
It was unique love story I liked how Sajou was during the anime, Aika was not always great, but I like her anyway.
I personally would go for Fuuka as I liked her more, but Aika just need to open up. It was abvious that Aika will be the one, but I was worried that it will become 2-4 seasons of tug of war, when they want to be together, but never get to be together at all like in many anime nowadays.

There was too much of Mina in this season for me.

I disliked art of fireworks in this last episode.
And when Aika tried to dry Fuuka the animation was bad. Aika reached her hand to the arm of Aika, then Fuuka moved and it looked liked Aika is touching Fuuka breasts, because the animation did not move her hand.

Kei might be the best character in this anime. I lacked such friend in my life...

There probably will be no second season? Well there is not much to show now as they are together, but I am glad they are together.

EDIT: I checked the manga and it is a little different and there is no holding hands as far as I seen. There is also nothing more, maybe the anime is after light novel. In manga there was fun scene with Aika and Mina in class that would be better than too many episodes in the shop.
Thyriad-oPPailovSep 23, 2023 7:52 AM
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Sep 23, 2023 7:38 AM

Aug 2014
Reply to etomitispatin
the end is not what we wanted
@etomitispatin this is exactly what we wanted lol
the anime was unique because we couldn't be sure this is what we will get
totally different from other romantic comedies
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Sep 24, 2023 7:36 PM
Nov 2021
Reply to Tennouji
What's bothering more is the half-assed animation. I feel like I'm watching hentai.

As for the story, it seems the LN is still ongoing so there is more than this? About what? Their relationship as a couple or anything?
@Tennouji Anime somewhat adapted 4 LN Volumes and there is 8 and ongoing, but ending along like half the episode was anime original so take that into account

-

This adaptation went all over the place and skipped alot, then they decided to end it original, they basically went like LN Volume 1 > 2 > 4 > 3 > 4 > original
tsenglolSep 24, 2023 7:39 PM
Sep 25, 2023 7:55 AM
Jan 2021
"did you get a haircut?"
"i did not"
*the show ends*
Sep 26, 2023 4:26 AM

Nov 2014
Had a bad feeling that this would be the ending of choice. It's a pity since there were actually surprisingly decent character introductions and character progression for Sajo. Suddenly getting back with Aika's gotta be minus points. Another minus point has got to be the animation, lots of misshaped faces, janky movements, horrific-looking background scenery/characters and even character positioning seems to be off between frames

Those scathing criticisms aside, honestly this exceeded my expectations. Given the backdrop of "when you ignore the girl, she'll like you back", I was expecting much more vindictive incel-baiting. Yet this show has quite a strong cast of supporting characters, who seem to have their own struggles, their own set of friends, and make progress organically while the main plot is going on. Ignoring Sajo's simp phase and the shoehorned ending, he's actually fairly sensible

Heck even if the author wrote Aika as the designated partner in the end, had there been an arc about Sasaki dating Aika + Sajo getting some dating experience before they ended up together... this could actually have been good
BurningSpiritSep 26, 2023 4:33 AM
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Sep 27, 2023 9:04 AM
Mar 2012
strange bookstore reunion.
oniisan talk wholesome. Ashida cool postmodern shirt.
funny Airi's so close with Sajou already she might steal him from Aika.
'emotional leeway' talk from both sides interesting, but they rush thru everything & never explore decent concepts in detail.
They sure took long but still a win, such an awkward ship, but tidying him up is nice move.

Show seem frustrating on purpose but unique enough plot. rare show where the sides are way more fun with Sajou than the main. making us care for the branching character growth won half the battle. very budget, too many rushed subplots.
Sep 27, 2023 9:21 AM
Feb 2023
Is it going to have a 2nd season?
Sep 30, 2023 1:38 AM
Sep 2023
Well now that we're at the end, I'll sum up what I thought of this anime. I enjoyed this for the good moments of this show. The premise for this show where the Mc stops simping for the girl he loves and the girl misses the attention and they end up together makes sense for the plot of a love story. However, this is one of the few times where this relationship with the main love interest is boring from start to finish. Sajou literally has better conversations with every other cast member and in the end you could care less about him and Aikas interactions. The best parts of this show all had to do with Sasaki Fuuka.
Oct 1, 2023 10:17 AM
Oct 2023
I just want to have one more season of this anime
Oct 1, 2023 10:47 AM
Feb 2021
ok but a little boring
Oct 1, 2023 4:38 PM

Nov 2013
Reply to gakuendo
does the story end there or theres is more?
@gakuendo
funny enough, i thought this episode was strange because... i read part of the manga, and this episode should have been like episode 7 or something, they skipped it at that time ... i was so confused (cause i already knew this scene and thought it was in the anime, but then Airi apparently didn't remember mc...) until i remembered about anime skipping it earlier...
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Oct 1, 2023 4:38 PM

Nov 2013
Reply to naulo_punes-san
is this a original ending? because the anime doesn't make any fucking sense.
@naulo_punes-san
no, this should have been at around ep7, anime skipped this part and then put it on last episode lol
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Oct 1, 2023 4:50 PM

Nov 2013
also lol
everywhere i go, everyone saying that Sasaki is best girl and should win and all that
while i can agree that Aika is a "toxic tsundere", i like her as much... or more than Sasaki (which is not the point here)

but then we check mal favorites... and out of the girls, Sasaki is ranked number 9 ... with 1/9th of the favorites that Aika has... strange LOL
(same thing with Anilist, with Aika having more than 10x the likes)

anyway, this might not be the best anime... but was the only one in multiple seasons that i checked the manga for ... so i guess i liked it enough lol
Aika might not be the best chara or the most polite one, but she sure as hell looks cute :D
then there's also Kei, Shinomiya, Fuka, sister and multiple other girls who were also fun to watch

lastly, if there's something i dislike here, is that many times i confused mc and sasaki... they literally looked the same in many shots and i thought it was mc, until i saw mc commenting from the sideline <.<

anyway i'll rate this an 8, maybe it deserves less, but i like it enough...
i wouldn't mind a season 2 for sure, but with how this season ended, maybe it's a sign that they don't want to do more (even if this episode was supposed to be earlier, since this part was skipped)
winddevil1Oct 1, 2023 5:04 PM
Oct 2, 2023 1:05 PM
Jul 2023
No me gustó el final, tenía demasiadas opciones y eligió la peor.
Oct 9, 2023 7:11 PM
Sep 2022
Love u so much aika
Oct 11, 2023 2:34 AM

Feb 2012
I enjoyed watching the MC's life come together and his growth. But this last episode is a fucking tragedy. Rin was my fave but Wataru X ANYONE would've been better than Aika.
Oct 18, 2023 3:56 PM
Oct 2023
can anybody tell me if that was the end of the anime and if not, when does the new season start
Nov 3, 2023 4:38 PM
May 2022
one of the best romantic episodes of all timee
Nov 8, 2023 2:30 AM

Mar 2016
Holy shit i hate aika so much. This is the only time i feel that tsundere is annoying

6/10

Nov 8, 2023 12:27 PM
May 2023
Hated it, like no change what so even for the relationship. Even end with my dad may go on like this forever...
The story and the animation were good. But that was a flop of a main story.
Nov 15, 2023 2:27 PM

Apr 2021
There weren't many things about the other girls in this finale, they focused more on Aika and Wataru.

Wataru had his back turned to the fireworks festival the whole time, he didn't see anything.

They are together, still ashamed of each other because of what happened before.

I expected something more, but only with hands in hand.
Nov 16, 2023 12:29 PM
Nov 2016
Would've been better if he ended up with someone else, or more focus on Aika realizing what she took for granted and lost.
Like this it just feels rushed and incomplete. Ep 2-10 are basically pointless filler.

That said, Wataru's growth, and lots of the side characters were great. Kei too. I would give it a 7/10 if the animation and art weren't so piss poor and half assed, at times.
Like, you seen Onee sans hand on his shoulder at the end there ? The eff was that ?!
Dec 4, 2023 11:45 AM
Jun 2017
F for this ending, Natsukawa deserve worst 🤡
⭐ 5/10
Dec 28, 2023 11:46 PM
Nov 2023
So, they are not together? It's really hard to tell if they are or not. They just seem like they are closer friends, but I'm not even sure if she confessed her "feelings".
Jan 5, 6:26 AM
Jan 2024
its a great finish to the first season, however there are lot of points that werent saw in the first season so making a second season it’ll be great
Jan 5, 6:27 AM
Jan 2024
its a great finish to the first season, however there are lot of points that werent saw in the first season so making a second season it’ll be great
Jan 12, 10:56 PM
Jan 2024
meh, me gusto que hayan terminado juntos, pero siento que muchas historias quedaron incompletas, y quede con un sabor medio amargo
Jan 28, 8:50 AM
Jan 2024
Started with a cool concept, middle had interesting ideas for more that were never explored, ended predictably.
Jan 31, 1:56 AM
Aug 2021
Trash ahh author for making natsukawa win bros literally alr rejected kalo ketemu sasaki win lmao
Feb 6, 9:55 AM
Feb 2024
I never forget where I was its great
Feb 8, 5:16 AM

Oct 2019
This was given an ANIME ORIGINAL ending.

There are 8 volumes out and they are still nowhere near this close. Ending feels abrupt because it was literally not part of the story. If they were to make a new season (which i'm pretty sure won't happen) they will have to retcon this in order for it to make any amount of sense
Feb 10, 10:06 AM
Jul 2022
season 2 or not? really loved this anime and well I just wanna see them get together loll
Feb 10, 10:08 AM
Jul 2022
Raafalga said:
This was given an ANIME ORIGINAL ending.

There are 8 volumes out and they are still nowhere near this close. Ending feels abrupt because it was literally not part of the story. If they were to make a new season (which i'm pretty sure won't happen) they will have to retcon this in order for it to make any amount of sense

I see!!! thank you so much for informing this , ngl I thought the ending was rushed asf and didn't fit quite well since there was no strong conclusion just yet , will go read the source material if it's available
once again , tysm!
Feb 12, 2:11 PM
Jan 2024
THEY CONFESSEEEDD IT WAS SOO CUTE I WAS LITERALLY GIGGLING LIKE A TWAT THE WHOLE TIME AND CLAPPED WHEN THEY HELD HANDS!!!! HANDS DOWN MY FAVE ANIME DEFINETLY RECOMEND ESPECIALLY TO THOSE WHO ARE IN A SIMILLAR SITUATION AS SAJOU
Feb 12, 8:58 PM
Photojournalist

Apr 2007
I personally enjoyed this anime. Every single episode. It stayed focused on romance in every episode instead of focusing on romance then forgetting about it for most of the anime before focusing on romance again, which is common in romance anime. 9/10.
Feb 15, 7:01 PM
Jul 2021
Right now I'm feeling an existential void after finishing watching this anime. I really loved it. I agree with many of those who questioned the animation, I also feel that it could have been better, even the music could have been better. But I dare not say it was too bad because I enjoyed it so much and the ending song is very good too. I would like a second season. Unlike many, I love Aika. Oh God... I really wanted more, because I liked the ending to a certain extent, but not completely, I'll go for the novels :'D
Feb 16, 8:35 AM
Dec 2023
Honestly if the anime had been longer then maybe I would enjoy the ending but it just felt too rushed, instead of introducing potential love interests and not expanding on them at all just focus on the fmc and make this atleast a good love story.
Feb 21, 8:06 PM
Oct 2019
kind of thought the middle episodes were a bit boring. early episodes were good, which is why i kept watching. and the ending was fine, nothing special or bad.
Apr 8, 8:07 PM
Apr 2024
good this animation so good and please sesoon2 ok?
Apr 12, 9:59 PM
Dec 2022
Noice noice noice
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yumemiru Danshi wa Genjitsushugisha Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2023

80 by channman900 »»
Apr 23, 3:19 PM

Poll: » Yumemiru Danshi wa Genjitsushugisha Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2023

90 by Gilith »»
Apr 18, 2:33 PM

» I hope for 2nd season ( 1 2 )

LostInLove - Oct 15, 2023

51 by Yzen90 »»
Mar 26, 8:02 PM

Poll: » Yumemiru Danshi wa Genjitsushugisha Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2023

111 by porozhno »»
Mar 13, 6:23 AM

Poll: » Yumemiru Danshi wa Genjitsushugisha Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2023

175 by porozhno »»
Mar 13, 5:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.