New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Sep 3, 2023 1:26 AM
Apr 2023
I wouldn't use "good".
confusing is a much better word
Sep 3, 2023 1:29 AM
May 2023
i find when you force yourself to watch something because it keeps getting recommended to you, it builds up a lot of expectations that can ruin your enjoyment.

if after 13 episodes youre still not interested, maybe drop it and come back to it when you actually feel like watching the show.
Sep 3, 2023 1:30 AM

Aug 2021
As someone who also found the 1st half of the 1st season super challenging to get through, I recommend finishing this season, since second half is way more interesting. Then feel free to make up your mind about whether it's worth continuing for you.
Sep 3, 2023 1:56 AM
Feb 2021
CrazyGandalf said:
since ep 1 its peak fiction

Yup it is masterpiecefrom ep1 0:00.01 and stays that way right through
Sep 3, 2023 2:17 AM

Nov 2016
The first season is the worst season of AoT but it gets good from season 3 with season 3 part 2 being particularly amazing
Sep 3, 2023 3:40 AM
Apr 2021
I personally liked it from the start but ig it got a lot better after like s2 2nd half? I think it then got a lot better but I didn’t find it bad at any point
Please read mamaYuYu, its amazing. Also MAPPA employees havent seen their families since 2021 lmao
Sep 3, 2023 3:50 AM
Feb 2023
Sveniboy said:
Friends kept pushing me to watch this show (after I said I found it meh) because it's supposed to get really, really good. At this point I'm 13 episodes in and I just don't see it. So far I found it painfully boring.

Does the style/tone of the show change dramatically? Does it really get that much better? When exactly will it get better? In what ways?

Well the show has a pretty good start imo. I can understand if you don't like the first part of the season cuz it's it's same genetic thing over and over but do pay attention to the dialogues, the scenes, what the characters do and their expressions, because if you don't you would be left with scratching your head by the time you reach Final Season. But I would still say that the season 1 of Attack on Titan is more powerful than the first season of most other anime, and even shows like Breaking Bad, etc. But yeah it's the first season so it's still not the best part yet, but it gets very good in the second half so definitely continue watching. But season 1 does not even cover 1% of the entire plot of the story, even if you finish season 2 I believe it would hardly cover 10% of the entire plot, in fact if you finish season 3 you will cover only 50% of the plot. In the beginning several people say that the show is overrated and boring or whatever (like the person in the screenshot given below) but most of them never remain the same as they continue further into the series.

Attack on Titan is a masterfully written story and the admirability of the show only increases as you go further into the story, so I think everyone should watch this show at least once in their lifetime, cuz if they don't they're missing a completely different story from the ones they've experienced. So continue watching the show, it might be a bit hard to continue now but it's totally worth it, your patience will pay off, and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood is even more boring in the entire first half (not even for just a few episodes), and it's called one of the best (and the best by some) anime in existence. Oh yes I forgot to say when it'll get awesome, season 3 ofc. And the Final Season will make you die of peak fiction. The episodes will get way better and the plot will make more sense, and the main character Eren will get way better in the Final Season understandably making him one of the most well written characters in existence, also, Levi will get way better in Season 3. The narrative will get way more fantastic, the dialogues will be way more refined, and the worlbuilding will reach to a mind blowing extent, and ofc the entire style/tone of the show will change dramatically. The only thing that worries me is the ending in the manga which wasn't all that great, and not even good imo. But let's just hope the director working on the Final Season makes it better cuz he is a really good director.
MonsterSkasSep 3, 2023 4:09 AM
Sep 3, 2023 5:13 AM

Apr 2022
i was hooked from the start so if you're not, maybe there's no hope for you.
Sep 3, 2023 5:57 AM
May 2023
First season is nothing too special, it's the change that you face in the second season and later on realise that everything you were told in season 1 is a lie, which is the best part.
Sep 3, 2023 6:07 AM

Apr 2012
Maybe it's just not for you and you should drop it if you're still not interested in it?
Sep 3, 2023 7:16 AM

Apr 2020
Don't watch it, you don't deserve it
Sep 3, 2023 7:27 AM
Dec 2015
First few seconds of the first episode
Sep 3, 2023 7:38 AM
Jan 2020
Took me four tries to get through the entire anime before I said, “this time, no matter what” and watched it in 3~ days. It seems half of all people have at least one place that is a slog-fest, then they really enjoy it after that. The 3rd and 4th (especially) seasons are filled with jaw dropping twists, at some points. Just keep trucking along! 👍
Sep 3, 2023 7:50 AM
Jun 2023
it only gets worse especially after season 3
Sep 3, 2023 8:41 AM

Jul 2021
If you don't like it by now, you probably should just drop it.
Season 1 is good, season 2 is kinda meh, season 3 part one is ok, season 3 part 2 is very good, and then season 4 is like watching a completely different show, huge disappointment.
Sep 3, 2023 8:44 AM

Feb 2022
Dude, just drop it. No need to force yourself through 75 more episodes of a show you don't like just to please your friends.
Sep 3, 2023 8:59 AM
Aug 2023
to be honest it's one of the best out there. at this point I believe most people are hating to be hipsters. to go against the popularity. it's absolutely peak anime from episode 1. and when it finishes and becomes one of the most popular and well loved anime for the rest of time. I think that will speak for itself.
Sep 3, 2023 9:18 AM
Sep 3, 2023 10:49 AM

Aug 2017
really depends on what you're in to. There are two major shifts in the story. One is after season one and the second after season three (part two). but if you didn't enjoy season one already you don't really need to force yourself through this
Sep 3, 2023 11:59 AM
Aug 2023
everything about this show is so good. there are a LOT of things you don't know yet so there may be a lot of confusion, but my favorite part to see is the fighting with their ODM gear it looks so amazing! And they also spend a lot more time with all the other characters besides the main 3 (eren, Mikasa, and armin) in season 2, so you actually get to know the side characters. there are huge twists in the story and it's brilliant. I dream about being able to fly through the air like with the ODM gear lol. It looks a lot like how Spiderman settings around the city, that's what it reminds me of.

reallifecyborgSep 3, 2023 12:13 PM
Sep 3, 2023 12:20 PM
Aug 2023
retrogamer2137 said:
Season 4 part 1 for me personaly

I always get confused when people say season 4. on Hulu it says that season 4 is "the final season" or whatever they call it, but on Netflix the start of season 4 is the first episode of retaking wall Maria. which are you talking about, because the episode that is the beginning of the battle for wall Maria is one of my favorites but the first episodes of the final season, in Marley after the time jump were really boring and confusing at first, and it seemed to drag on forever before there was any action or important events at all.
Sep 3, 2023 1:00 PM

Dec 2021
Don't worry s2 gets good
"Tits don't make the woman. It's the ass." - Darx
Sep 3, 2023 1:08 PM

May 2014
If you're not sold by the first episode then don't bother watching more.
Sep 3, 2023 2:28 PM
Jun 2022
personally i didn’t find myself super interested until like late season 2 to start of season 3
Sep 3, 2023 6:38 PM
Sep 2021
Honestly I didn’t see the hype till around the start of season 3.
While I enjoyed season 1 and 2 I it just seemed like fairly decent show not the timeless masterpiece it was built up to be.
As soon as season 3 started though I began to get it.
The first 2 seasons feel like a pack of shocking and cool moments strung together in quick succession, but season 3 and on really takes it’s time to build up the characters and world and themes.
If you really don’t enjoy it at all then I’d advise you stop watching, just cause it’s acclaimed doesn’t mean it’s for everyone.
But if you’re willing to wait just a bit longer I promise it gets to be an utterly outstanding show.
Hope you grow to like it more.
Sep 3, 2023 9:49 PM
Jan 2022
Idk about you but I’m pretty sure a lot of people, myself included enjoyed it from the very first episode. For me it’s partially because it was one of my first. But if you don’t like it I guess that’s your opinion. For me the pacing, action, and suspense was great and the story quite compelling as well. It does obviously get better as it progresses but imo it was never really weak to begin with.
Sep 3, 2023 10:05 PM
Mar 2021
CrazyGandalf said:
since ep 1 its peak fiction

Peak fiction has lost its meaning. Its starts off as pretty generic shonan
Sep 3, 2023 10:38 PM
Jun 2017
Sveniboy said:
Friends kept pushing me to watch this show (after I said I found it meh) because it's supposed to get really, really good. At this point I'm 13 episodes in and I just don't see it. So far I found it painfully boring.

Does the style/tone of the show change dramatically? Does it really get that much better? When exactly will it get better? In what ways?

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I got to mid season 2 and ... yeah I can see that it is of good quality but idk i just don't seem to get *in* the story. I'm more like "ok so when is this supposed to become great and shit?"
Sep 3, 2023 10:38 PM

Nov 2022
it doesnt

lainlainlainlain

Sep 4, 2023 12:09 AM

Apr 2023
There are many ways to describe AoT but 'boring' is an interesting choice.

I liked it from ep1, then moreso from ep17, then even more from S2 ep6.

I´d say just drop it at this point.
Sep 4, 2023 7:07 AM
Feb 2019
Sveniboy said:

For me it was half way into the 2nd season when a plot twist hooked me and it does change and become way better
Sep 4, 2023 7:37 AM

May 2010
I can only tell you when it stops being "good"
Sep 4, 2023 7:48 AM

Jan 2022
For me it started to get really spicy good in the Final Season.
Sep 4, 2023 8:49 AM
Aug 2022
Erens mother getting chomped on doesn't do it then idk what to tell you. Maybe you're watching the dub which would ruin it.
Sep 4, 2023 9:02 AM
Aug 2021
Sveniboy said:

it will get better further
but your friends are at fault
whenever you recommend something to someone you should not overhype them
like the best show in the world could feel meh with overexpectations
Sep 4, 2023 9:16 AM

Aug 2021
The same thing happened to me when the series first came out. I ignored it for years afterwards. The twists and turns kept me invested. In my opinion, Season One is definitely the worst of the bunch.

My best advice is to try to finish Season One because the series REALLY starts to pick up in Season 2 and onwards.

But at the end of the day, if it’s not for you, it’s not for you.
Sep 4, 2023 10:16 AM
Mar 2023
since ep 1 bro fym💀
Sep 4, 2023 10:26 AM
Aug 2013
Season 1 is the best season don't expect it to get better after season 1 it only gets much much worse every season
~AnimeDownUnder~

Sep 4, 2023 11:05 AM

Jan 2020
RopeBuny said:
Animillion said:

Not enough people tbh. I get the whole shift in Eren and people liking that, but everyone other than him changes for the worse. Especially the best characters Mikasa and Levi

Season 4 is refreshing and get’s good. People not liking it probably came from them watching it while it was airing. Or they just don’t have the patience.

I will say this tho. Wit studio did a much better job then mappa. I don’t care if mappa didn’t have time, they still made something that was going really well into something ever so slightly worst which led to outrage and now people are calling the ending bad and everything. But those are just shounen nerds critizing literally anything so that wouldn’t had changed even if season 4 was peak. People will always be like that with shows like these.

I don’t like the direction of S4, and I know if the ending isn’t altered, fans like myself will be pissed off
Sep 4, 2023 1:36 PM
Nov 2020
Sveniboy said:

It's not good, the famdom makes it worse 🥱🥱🥱🥱
Sep 4, 2023 2:15 PM

Jul 2016
I’d say it gets good kinda episode 8 or 9. I’d say it gets REALLY good at like episode 31 and starts forming into the masterpiece it truly is.
Penguins are funny
Sep 4, 2023 9:20 PM
Jun 2021
it gets good from episode 1
Sep 5, 2023 2:06 AM

Oct 2013
The first season of Attack on Titan is the most shounen-like out of all of them, to be fair. Especially its first half. I say - keep on watching and finish the first season, and give the second one a try. If you will still be left unimpressed by the show itself (despite all mysteries, action sequences, character interactions, etc.), then perhaps it'd be better to just drop it than waste time on an anime that doesn't feel entertaining for you. Remember that it's your time and your fun while watching a show. No need to waste it when watching it feels more like an unpleasant chore than something fun.

Personally, I think the fourth season is the best. But it's a subjective thing, of course. You may receive different answers on when Attack on Titan peaks as an anime, which season is the most boring one, when its general tone changes... and so on. It really depends on subjective taste and feelings of a fan who is being asked. Like I said myself, to me the best is Season 4 (Season 4 Part 2, to be exact), while for others it might be Season 3 Part 2, or Season 1. As many fans are there, as many different opinions you can hear.
Sep 5, 2023 2:59 AM
Nov 2022
Animillion said:
RopeBuny said:

Season 4 is refreshing and get’s good. People not liking it probably came from them watching it while it was airing. Or they just don’t have the patience.

I will say this tho. Wit studio did a much better job then mappa. I don’t care if mappa didn’t have time, they still made something that was going really well into something ever so slightly worst which led to outrage and now people are calling the ending bad and everything. But those are just shounen nerds critizing literally anything so that wouldn’t had changed even if season 4 was peak. People will always be like that with shows like these.

I don’t like the direction of S4, and I know if the ending isn’t altered, fans like myself will be pissed off

Good point. I wouldn’t blame you one bit for disliking the ending at all.
Sep 5, 2023 3:59 AM

Jan 2013
It was good to begin with, if you didn't like it, then you should have just ignored your friends.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Sep 5, 2023 5:13 AM

Dec 2018
Right of the bat, it's a show that immerses you in a fascinating world of entertainment.
"There's no such thing as a painless lesson, they just don't exist. Sacrifices are necessary. You can't gain anything without losing something first. Although if you can endure that pain and walk away from it, you'll find that you now have a heart strong enough to overcome any obstacle. Yeah... a heart made full-metal."

~Edward Elric
Sep 5, 2023 8:14 AM

Aug 2016
For this season specifically, I thought the early episodes were great, then it got kinda boring in the halfway point until it picked up again in the last part.
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Sep 5, 2023 9:04 AM

Jun 2012
You don't have to do something just because your friends tell you to.
Sep 6, 2023 10:28 AM
May 2021
By the end of the first season is when I started getting into it. I had to give it chance like you, I really wasn't enjoying it that much.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Apr 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.