Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 31, 2023 1:51 AM

Jul 2021
I heard that the anime is not even half way to the source material, and the source material is not yet finish. But based on the anime there is 1 villian left (The Ice guy) and even if we add also the Demon God of Destruction, I think they can all defeat them in this last 15 episodes.
Jul 31, 2023 2:06 AM
Mar 2023
Hopefully there a S3
But I don't think so
Jul 31, 2023 2:46 AM

May 2019
No, i don't think so. the anime isn't even close to reaching the halfway point to the manga. but if they decide to stop here i'm happy we got to see bastard anime adaptation.
Jul 31, 2023 2:50 AM

Jul 2021
tchitchouan said:
No, i don't think so. the anime isn't even close to reaching the halfway point to the manga. but if they decide to stop here i'm happy we got to see bastard anime adaptation.
So the Demon God of Destruction is not the final boss? Or its so powerful that they need to do some side quest to power up making the story long???
Jul 31, 2023 3:14 AM

May 2019
RjtheGreat14 said:
tchitchouan said:
So the Demon God of Destruction is not the final boss? Or its so powerful that they need to do some side quest to power up making the story long???

we can only speculate so i'll wait and see what happens.
Jul 31, 2023 6:34 AM

Oct 2016
I'd like it to be the case, since the manga becomes very messy in its narrative after this, but probably not.

As far as source material goes, the end of this arc leads directly into another big twist of sorts. Afterwards the manga starts another arc, then jumps into another one midway, then goes back to the previos one, which was left incomplete since 2010.
Jul 31, 2023 6:37 AM

Feb 2021
I hope not. Conflict is in the middle.
Jul 31, 2023 3:44 PM

Dec 2017
Was this show as good as the 90s OVA?
Jul 31, 2023 6:28 PM

Jul 2021
anizawa89 said:
I dont know about the 90s OVA, but in terms of fight animation its very decent and in some point very good!
Jul 31, 2023 10:54 PM

Aug 2013
I mean, the manga isn't even finished. Bastard has been on hiatus for like 10 years so even with a season 3 going, it'll probably have to do a completely original ending to truly end whatever story remains.
Don't believe the hype.
Aug 1, 2023 10:22 AM

May 2019
anizawa89 said:

The 90's ova is terrible compared to this faithful modern adaptation.

The old animation was incredibly muddy and the pacing was super slow and only adapted about the first 4 episodes of the first season.
Aug 7, 2023 5:19 AM

Sep 2014
I hope not! I still cant believe we get a show like this from Netflix, but now that its here I dont want it to end just yet. Though with netflix suddenly cancelling shows and the little promo this anime gets I am surprised we even got a S2.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Aug 7, 2023 5:42 PM

Nov 2016
They'll do at least one more season IMO.
The ending of the second season has big "To Be Continued" energy.
The Lotus flower is a symbol of men's hopes. But hope, like flowers, withers with the passing of time.
Aug 7, 2023 8:04 PM

Jul 2022
Season 2 ends the same way Volume 12 ends, which is the end of the second arc. It seems like they are keeping it one arc per season, and the third arc is titled Crimes and Punishment, so I think we will get that eventually, considering how this season ends on a cliffhanger. 

I am not a manga reader but from what I gather the narrative gets pretty messy later in the story, so the way I see the story going is they might end the anime adaptation when Anthrax is defeated and before things get "messy." Be that in the next season or maybe even the fourth arc, I have no idea. I just know the current arc is only one volume long and has been on hiatus since 2010. 

TLDR we'll prob get a third season but beyond that who knows 
Aug 8, 2023 11:43 AM

Feb 2021
No, it isn't. I hope that they make the third season! It SHOULD BE! There is a cliffhanger at the end of the final episode of this season.
Aug 8, 2023 2:19 PM

Sep 2014
Green_Giorno said:
Season 2 ends the same way Volume 12 ends, which is the end of the second arc. It seems like they are keeping it one arc per season, and the third arc is titled Crimes and Punishment, so I think we will get that eventually, considering how this season ends on a cliffhanger. 

I am not a manga reader but from what I gather the narrative gets pretty messy later in the story, so the way I see the story going is they might end the anime adaptation when Anthrax is defeated and before things get "messy." Be that in the next season or maybe even the fourth arc, I have no idea. I just know the current arc is only one volume long and has been on hiatus since 2010. 

wait they defeat anthrasax and it gets even more messy?
Aug 8, 2023 2:25 PM

Jul 2022
Comander-07 said:
Green_Giorno said:

All I know is that it gets messy. I’m assuming the entire series isn’t spent fighting Anthrasax, but I really don’t know
Aug 8, 2023 3:15 PM

Sep 2014
Green_Giorno said:
Comander-07 said:

All I know is that it gets messy. I’m assuming the entire series isn’t spent fighting Anthrasax, but I really don’t know
yeah I have heard about that, not a good sign its still not finished even after 30 years and officially on hiatus since 2010.. considering this I wouldnt mind an anime original ending.
Jan 3, 3:44 AM
Jan 2014
Reply to anizawa89
@anizawa89 Way better.
Jan 8, 4:08 PM

Oct 2014
Reply to tchitchouan
anizawa89 said:

The 90's ova is terrible compared to this faithful modern adaptation.

The old animation was incredibly muddy and the pacing was super slow and only adapted about the first 4 episodes of the first season.
@tchitchouan Lemme just correct this MF who hasn't seen the first OVA, clearly.
The animation's great, but that's opinion so whatever.
However:
The OVA adapts the first 13 episodes of the first season, a.k.a. all of it, not 4; and therefore the pacing is most certainly not fucking slow. In fact, the pacing's too fast, as I do agree with this modern adaptation being more faithful, it's better told and paced at 13 episodes as opposed to 6.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bastard!! Ankoku no Hakaishin Season 2 (ONA) Episode 15 Discussion

otakuweek - Jul 31, 2023

24 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Jan 23, 2:19 PM

Poll: » Bastard!! Ankoku no Hakaishin Season 2 (ONA) Episode 14 Discussion

Illyricus - Aug 1, 2023

8 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Jan 16, 3:29 PM

Poll: » Bastard!! Ankoku no Hakaishin Season 2 (ONA) Episode 13 Discussion

Illyricus - Aug 1, 2023

11 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Jan 11, 3:00 PM

Poll: » Bastard!! Ankoku no Hakaishin Season 2 (ONA) Episode 12 Discussion

Illyricus - Aug 1, 2023

19 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Dec 29, 2023 5:17 PM

Poll: » Bastard!! Ankoku no Hakaishin Season 2 (ONA) Episode 10 Discussion

Illyricus - Aug 1, 2023

9 by JVskunkape »»
Dec 20, 2023 4:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.