Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 29, 2023 12:20 PM
Aug 2020
he did the right choice, this girl was a big joke...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jun 29, 2023 8:03 PM
Aug 2021
otakuweek said:
Exacly , W choice by Juntang , rejected her. And she has the audacity to tell him to think about what she said , bruhhh
Jun 30, 2023 2:26 PM
Jul 2022
Cool, he chose to stay with the crazy and freaky idol Yandere, full of mental problems, anime note 0, what to expect from a manwua? always has a rough ending
Jun 30, 2023 11:37 PM
Nov 2021
Belphegorr said:
otakuweek said:
Exacly , W choice by Juntang , rejected her. And she has the audacity to tell him to think about what she said , bruhhh

I really knew your feeling. She even pull that "I know you like me" card. its like, wtf bitch!
Jul 1, 2023 7:40 AM

Aug 2016
Nagamasakun said:
Cool, he chose to stay with the crazy and freaky idol Yandere, full of mental problems, anime note 0, what to expect from a manwua? always has a rough ending
I agree, exactly. Cringe.
Unfortunately while there were some good moments, but I didn't like way it ended and I hope there's no more of this.
Both Juntang and Zhu being together for so long, liking each other and still not confess out of fake ignorance is stupid and waiting to do that until another girl appears out of nowhere is cringe. 
Even more cringe when he "realised" that he prefered the mental yandere Shiya just because she's "mysterious" whatever, while the truth is that she suddenly approached him, lured him and started teasing him all the time. 
Throwing away everything beautiful and pure that was building with Zhu for so many years and falling for that w*re - just because a prettier ex-idol "by chance" wow 🙄, wants to make out with him and makes him think with his d*ck. 🤡 Right after he was crying, instead of chilling down for a while, he immediately run to tell her - 🥴oh Shiya I like you, f*ck Zhu it came to an end, I prefer you, 😎 now go get undressed and I'm c*ming to you with flowers.... 🤮
Jul 1, 2023 4:28 PM

Nov 2018
I can't believe Shiya won, but at what cost... Zhu's confession broke me. I knew she'd be left last so she can get the upper hand on everyone and benefit from the climax therefore centered on her... but I didn't expect Juntang to actually find the right words for once to resolve everything peacefully and still follow Shiya on his own accord without her intervening in this final situation.

Nagamasakun said:
Cool, he chose to stay with the crazy and freaky idol Yandere, full of mental problems
Nerdcatlady said:
Even more cringe when he "realised" that he prefered the mental yandere Shiya just because she's "mysterious" whatever, while the truth is that she suddenly approached him, lured him and started teasing him all the time.
Looks like you both never paid attention to what you were watching... Not only she left her past behind, she's also very far from the unstable person we see in the beginning, and the more she's with Juntang, the more she heals. She could've "lured" him way earlier, but backed off in order to become a good person and friend first.
Jul 1, 2023 11:10 PM

Aug 2016
Mirabem said:
I can't believe Shiya won, but at what cost... Zhu's confession broke me. I knew she'd be left last so she can get the upper hand on everyone and benefit from the climax therefore centered on her... but I didn't expect Juntang to actually find the right words for once to resolve everything peacefully and still follow Shiya on his own accord without her intervening in this final situation.

Nagamasakun said:
Cool, he chose to stay with the crazy and freaky idol Yandere, full of mental problems
Nerdcatlady said:
Looks like you both never paid attention to what you were watching... Not only she left her past behind, she's also very far from the unstable person we see in the beginning, and the more she's with Juntang, the more she heals. She could've "lured" him way earlier, but backed off in order to become a good person and friend first.
Okay I watched another anime 🙄 but I still don't change my mind that all of them were cringe. 🤷🏼‍♀️

If she was healing while she's with him, that shows that she indeed had issues when she was laughing hysterically whenever she couldn't handle a situation and the fact that she was pretending the friend but at the same time kisses him, even worse, well that's not a friend really neither good person so yes I blame her. 

But I blame everyone not just her. Nobody handled it right.

I also blame Zhu that she waited for so long without telling him how she feels  and only threw him a hint when she had the hunch that something changed, well that's too late. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Also if it was only Shiya (whether or nor she's good or bad or crazy or perfect, it would be irrelevant) when she approached him and they fell in love, good but when there's already another person to be considerd then things change. 

They are not in primary school to be shy and hide their feelings so if Juntang was in love with Zhu and was wondering about her and if he asked her first and she confessed earlier, let's guess who would be left far behind, there would be no Shiya not anyone else, confusing the situation - but then there would be no interesting anime for us to watch. 
So I also blame Juntang the most because either he wasn't really in love with Zhu or he was immature and stupid enough to fall for the first random girl that showed him some interest like throwing a bone to a hungry dog. 🤡

Anyway that is just my opinion, I didn't like it and I explained why. Of course nobody is wrong because everyone can have a different opinion or see it from a different point of view so, it's understandable 👍🏼🤝🏼 - for example it's also true that the only one clear about who liked who, regardless if she's good or not, indeed was Shiya.  But anyway, since nobody else was clear about their feelings and there's no logic behind it, that's why it ended that way and either you'll love it or dislike it. 🤷🏼‍♀️
NerdcatladyJul 1, 2023 11:21 PM
Jul 3, 2023 11:55 AM
Aug 2020
Belphegorr said:
otakuweek said:
hahahaha,and we all know that girls like that really exist...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jul 4, 2023 7:15 AM
Jul 2023
Damn so a different ending from the manhwa or rather the show took the stoping point there and said its the end lol. Maybe thats better than what the original ending was, some might say.
IneedtocommentJul 4, 2023 7:20 AM
Jul 5, 2023 8:24 AM

Mar 2021
OST

"Green Light" carries. Played early in the season & throughout many episodes

Playlist https://youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_l8C0kkrmZfbii6C-8a4LtzarG-lZfnhn4
Respectfully ofc

Jul 9, 2023 11:15 AM

Feb 2021
Still I am glad that they ended like this, not manhwa ending, it was very sad and desperate although no one died.
Jul 27, 2023 2:33 PM

Jun 2019
I had rarely seen such a satisfactory ending in a "romantic" anime, and it was refreshing to see it happening in an adult setting. One small annoying point: those students never study! Oshi no Ko and Kanojo Okarishimasu ridiculed.

gprime70 said:
OST

It is a lovely song indeed. Your links are broken though. There are two versions of Green Light by the way:

The others were pretty good too. Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSL4qkezyMg&list=PLA2rVKqMdF7Vsajw8WUGJ5PiT85Zc1PnE
Jul 28, 2023 2:45 AM

Mar 2021
Meusnier said:
I had rarely seen such a satisfactory ending in a "romantic" anime, and it was refreshing to see it happening in an adult setting. One small annoying point: those students never study! Oshi no Ko and Kanojo Okarishimasu ridiculed.

gprime70 said:
OST

It is a lovely song indeed. Your links are broken though. There are two versions of Green Light by the way:

The others were pretty good too. Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSL4qkezyMg&list=PLA2rVKqMdF7Vsajw8WUGJ5PiT85Zc1PnE
Thanks, yeah looks like those original videos went private & there was a reupload. 
Respectfully ofc

Jul 28, 2023 6:17 AM
Feb 2022
I mean it was alright
Aug 8, 2023 2:56 AM
Aug 2021
Jun and Zhu Zhu crying hit differently😔. Him naming all their kids though made me laugh he is a real one for being able to admit that. I understand he needed to move on and that neither of them r truly in the wrong, but damn man I have never felt so happy but sad at the same time. Aight no way she said actually said if bro gets her flowers she will let him hit😂. Luckily man. This was a nice anime on to the next romance anime to make me reconsider my entire life🤣🤣😅😅. Seriously though that outro and intro were amazing.
Sep 16, 2023 3:26 AM
Sep 2019
I have absolutely no clue why you people so edgy about the ending bring Shia's win, swear if it ended just like the source material ended I'd have dropped it immediately.

I'm at episode 7 and I spoiled the ending but that's fine now, I have more the reason to continue this show knowing that the studio decided to change that stupid conclusion, making Shia win in the end.
Oct 23, 2023 4:18 AM

Jan 2018
The last episode was 23 minutes long. Wow. And I enjoyed every second of it.

Madlad did it. He rejected Zhu Zhu. If I was in his position I'd probably do it too. Zhu was extremely entitled thinking that Juntang only belonged to her and he should never change his feelings towards her. Bitch please, you're the reason he changed in the first place.

I'm sorry. It's not like I didn't feel bad about Zhu at all. I absolutely did. But all of this could've been avoided if she had the courage and confessed earlier in the series. If she did, I'm sure Juntang would be rejecting Shiya instead which would royally suck.

But I am surprised that Zhu was able to take the rejection so well. The scene at the rooftop did make me really sad. But it's a good thing that she got over it. I'm glad she didn't pull a Ano hi ni Kaeritai in this episode...

I am so happy that Shiya won. I have no idea how she'd react if she was rejected. She might've been a bit crazy at the start but it's obvious that over the course of the series Juntang fixed her. She owes him. At some point, her feelings toward Juntang became real, assuming they were fake in the first place.

In the end, I don't get what even was the point of Ruoni. If they cut out most of the scenes of her crushing on Juntang, literally nothing about the series would change. She was literally the fourth wheel in this love triangle. Whatever.

I got spoilers in the first episode that the ending of the manhwa or webtoon was different. If what they said was correct, I am very grateful that the studio changed the story to what it is in the anime. They probably couldn't have made a better ending.
0451Oct 23, 2023 4:51 AM
Oct 23, 2023 4:26 AM

Jan 2018
It was really hard to watch this anime without comparing it with Kimagure Orange Road. Especially when the main heroine looked almost exactly like Madoka and even had a similar personality. But thankfully that feeling went away pretty quickly.

The story of The Girl Downstairs was different enough from KOR. There were some vague similarities in the story but you could chalk that up to both series being romcoms.

I doubt the author took heavy inspiration from 80's anime. I didn't read the webtoon but from what I saw the artstyle seems pretty different. So it's still likely that the animation studio was the one that took inspiration. But even that could just be a coincidence.

But man, hearing about the ending of the source material still makes me confused. Why the hell are romcom authors so obsessed with writing terrible endings? Are they really that down bad for trying to subvert the reader's expectations? Whatever. At least the anime fixed it.

I wonder if this is really the ending or if there's any possibility of another season as someone told me. I doubt it. Anyway, I'm glad I discovered this anime. Not quite the "modern-day KOR" I was looking for but it'll do. I wonder if we'll ever get another anime like KOR in the future...

I ended up really liking The Girl Downstairs. Too bad it was so short. I really wouldn't mind if it was a bit longer. I definitely would've loved seeing more scenes of Juntang and Shiya dating for real. They're perfect for each other.
0451Oct 23, 2023 4:52 AM
Feb 16, 11:52 PM

Apr 2015
0451 said:
It was really hard to watch this anime without comparing it with Kimagure Orange Road. Especially when the main heroine looked almost exactly like Madoka and even had a similar personality. But thankfully that feeling went away pretty quickly.

The story of The Girl Downstairs was different enough from KOR. There were some vague similarities in the story but you could chalk that up to both series being romcoms.

I doubt the author took heavy inspiration from 80's anime. I didn't read the webtoon but from what I saw the artstyle seems pretty different. So it's still likely that the animation studio was the one that took inspiration. But even that could just be a coincidence.

But man, hearing about the ending of the source material still makes me confused. Why the hell are romcom authors so obsessed with writing terrible endings? Are they really that down bad for trying to subvert the reader's expectations? Whatever. At least the anime fixed it.

I wonder if this is really the ending or if there's any possibility of another season as someone told me. I doubt it. Anyway, I'm glad I discovered this anime. Not quite the "modern-day KOR" I was looking for but it'll do. I wonder if we'll ever get another anime like KOR in the future...

I ended up really liking The Girl Downstairs. Too bad it was so short. I really wouldn't mind if it was a bit longer. I definitely would've loved seeing more scenes of Juntang and Shiya dating for real. They're perfect for each other.

Dang, you pretty much said everything I'm thinking, Kimagure & all.
Zhu def had it coming. Kind of sad & a bruh moment but they handled it respectfully. Poor Ruoni though (lol), I want to joke that it is an unintentional use of the decoy effect to make us pick Shiya. Arguably even Zhu doesn't get that much development in comparison so it doesn't feel that bad when she gets rejected.

Also good on him for not becoming rental gf MC

I guess it was a good time to start...The extra just came out a few days ago & apparently people on forum are talking about S2 again huh.
coffeedropsFeb 16, 11:55 PM

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 16, 4:00 AM
Aug 2023
it couldve ben better.. but it was great.. so rally no complaints..

More topics from this board

» Japan Dub Broadcast

tsubasalover - Mar 11

0 by tsubasalover »»
Mar 11, 5:08 AM

Poll: » Aishang Ta de Liyou Episode 2 Discussion

oooo3333 - Apr 27, 2023

6 by Ren0lD_ »»
Mar 1, 12:30 AM

» episode special before S2

otakuweek - Feb 15

9 by blank76686 »»
Feb 17, 10:22 AM

Poll: » Aishang Ta de Liyou Episode 20 Discussion

otakuweek - Jun 22, 2023

5 by SnK_Narukara »»
Jan 26, 3:26 PM

Poll: » Aishang Ta de Liyou Episode 7 Discussion

oooo3333 - May 18, 2023

4 by moflicka »»
Dec 27, 2023 12:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.