Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 26, 2023 11:39 AM

Feb 2019
Woohoo! another series for this weird but wonderful show.

Shame it says it is the final one though.
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
Jun 26, 2023 11:46 AM

May 2020
I wonder how many episodes it'll be, since there are still a lot of things that aren't animated yet
Jun 26, 2023 12:05 PM

Jan 2008
Hoping it's hype gets new viewers past the cgi bear of s1 
Jun 26, 2023 12:10 PM

Jul 2021
Really happy, but I'm kinda worried.

Season 4 especially had an absolutely breakneck pace, it felt like it was constantly on the edge of falling to pieces.

This story deserves to be wrapped up properly. Hope they make enough episodes to tell it without cutting corners.
Jun 26, 2023 12:17 PM

May 2020
damn so this is gonna be the final season

Jun 26, 2023 12:30 PM
Apr 2021
Banger freaking series, seriously top ten material honestly. Haven’t seen the new season yet, but if it has a strong finish bro, it will definitely be one of my new favs. Probably the best historical fiction anime as well.
Jun 26, 2023 12:47 PM

Jul 2021
I just hope it doesn't get transferred to MAPPA, otherwise we'll have it broken into 4 parts at least over the course of 3 years.
Jun 26, 2023 1:17 PM

Aug 2019
damn so this show is actually getting a full adaptation, I'm so excited for this next season
Jun 26, 2023 1:26 PM
Jul 2021
I still feel this is one of the most slept on shows such a diverse cast of wacky characters and a great plot. Having this and Vinland on a Monday was a true blessing
Jun 26, 2023 3:06 PM
鋼鉄乙女

Aug 2016
I finished the manga and while I´m not up to date with the anime I can definitely say the manga´s ending arc is one of the best I´ve ever read. Hope the anime does justice to the ending, even if some previous arcs will be skipped.
"Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!" - Bill & Ted´s Excellent Adventure

Check my introduction to Char´s Counterattack interest stack if you´re interested in watching UC Gundam. Also check my Legend of the Galactic Heroes OVA Chronological Watch Order for LoGH info!
Jun 26, 2023 3:45 PM
Oct 2021
I haven’t read the manga, so don’t know how much is left but I am really worried it’s going to be too rushed for one final season. Golden Kamuy is quite complex and speeding up the story while omitting parts won’t be good.
Jun 26, 2023 6:06 PM

Jan 2021
zoevs said:
I wonder how many episodes it'll be, since there are still a lot of things that aren't animated yet
could see them making a 2 cour of 12-13 episodes and finish it like that
Jun 26, 2023 8:35 PM
Apr 2021
Galletita said:
I finished the manga and while I´m not up to date with the anime I can definitely say the manga´s ending arc is one of the best I´ve ever read. Hope the anime does justice to the ending, even if some previous arcs will be skipped.

Whoa whoa whoa they skipping arcs really?
Jun 26, 2023 9:04 PM
鋼鉄乙女

Aug 2016
majin_mark505 said:
Galletita said:

As I said, I´m not up to date with the anime but they did skip arcs during season 1 and season 2. If I recall correctly two of them were made into OVAs but important stuff such as Sugimoto´s backstory was not in the anime, even if its an extremely important plot point since the beginning of the manga. They might even skip more arcs during this final season (if it´s only 12 episodes), the manga has 314 chapters and the anime has adapted up to 241 so far, I don´t know how they´ll manage to cram the rest of the manga without skipping a lot of stuff.
"Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!" - Bill & Ted´s Excellent Adventure

Check my introduction to Char´s Counterattack interest stack if you´re interested in watching UC Gundam. Also check my Legend of the Galactic Heroes OVA Chronological Watch Order for LoGH info!
Jun 26, 2023 9:28 PM
Apr 2021
Galletita said:
majin_mark505 said:

As I said, I´m not up to date with the anime but they did skip arcs during season 1 and season 2. If I recall correctly two of them were made into OVAs but important stuff such as Sugimoto´s backstory was not in the anime, even if its an extremely important plot point since the beginning of the manga. They might even skip more arcs during this final season (if it´s only 12 episodes), the manga has 314 chapters and the anime has adapted up to 241 so far, I don´t know how they´ll manage to cram the rest of the manga without skipping a lot of stuff.

Oh wow ok ill have to peep the manga then after the anime
Jun 26, 2023 10:54 PM
Nov 2020
zoevs said:

wonder if it will be broken up into two cours
Jun 26, 2023 10:58 PM

Feb 2019
CosmicAD said:
zoevs said:

While I hope it is, I will also be surprised if it does.

The first 3 only had 12 episodes each and last had 13.this is not including the singular ova episodes.
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
Jun 26, 2023 11:01 PM
Nov 2020
maybe two 12 eps? (character limit)
Jun 26, 2023 11:04 PM
Jul 2018
LoreMasterDan said:
zoevs said:
could see them making a 2 cour of 12-13 episodes and finish it like that
Yeah that would be the best way to do it, but still it depends on the producers ig.
Jun 27, 2023 12:13 AM

Apr 2010
Super hyped! Hopefully we'll get 2 cours.
Jun 27, 2023 5:00 AM

May 2020
Hesmiyu said:
CosmicAD said:

While I hope it is, I will also be surprised if it does.

The first 3 only had 12 episodes each and last had 13.this is not including the singular ova episodes.

i really hope so, since just announcing 'final season' doesnt make me feel too relaxed, they couldve just named it season 5, or at least 'part 1'... I'm gonna be heartbroken if they're gonna rush it because they have no reason to do so
Jun 27, 2023 8:58 AM
Jul 2018
Hope we get a good adaptation!
Jun 27, 2023 3:28 PM

Oct 2021
with how little is left to adapt it makes sense its the final one.
im gonna be on the hype train till i get to see it.
“you’re immortal. Aren’t you?”
“that’s a good line, put that one on my tombstone”
-LOTGH
Jun 27, 2023 5:32 PM

Dec 2017
So far the four seasons were consistent in quality. I don't see how S5 would ever be bad.
Jun 27, 2023 8:39 PM
May 2013
one last time we shall hinna hinna
Jun 28, 2023 8:52 PM
Dec 2021
i don’t get why more people don’t know about this show, golden kamuy deserves FAR more attention than it gets! I’m stoked to hear it’s got one more season in the works, i can’t get enough of it!
Jul 3, 2023 9:13 AM

Jul 2021
Galletita said:

Oh. Good to know, thanks, it's manga reading time then!
Jul 4, 2023 5:56 AM
Feb 2018
please, let it be more than 20 episodes so they don't need to cut anything out.
Jul 6, 2023 7:03 AM

Nov 2008
Kind of worried they're going to cram the remainder of the manga in a single season, assuming it'll have the same length as the previous seasons. It'll either be rushes or they'll skip a lot of content. Wonder when it'll air, too.
Jul 6, 2023 10:52 PM
Dec 2018
is this really the final season?
Jul 7, 2023 12:01 PM

Aug 2019
Based on the comments I'm seeing on how many chapters of the manga there's still left to adapt, I'm hoping that this final season is longer than any of the previous seasons. They shouldn't rush anything (that many chapter feels like too much story left to adapt in a 12/13 episodes) and also I'm just greedy for more "Golden Kamuy," so a 24/26 episode final season would be a treat.
Jul 12, 2023 2:16 PM
Jul 2018
So this will be it, bittersweet. </3
I'm excited to watch it, but it's also sad to not have Golden Kamuy episodes left to watch then.
Glad that they adapted all of it tho.
Jul 25, 2023 4:22 AM
May 2022
UberBat said:

Bear scenes weren't even that bad, it's not like berserk 2016
Jul 25, 2023 4:55 AM

Jan 2008
myhamXD said:
UberBat said:

Bear scenes weren't even that bad, it's not like berserk 2016
Yeah it didn't bother me too much but I know others had issues with it.
Aug 1, 2023 3:55 PM
Nov 2018
I'm excited, but I'll really miss this one when it ends.
Aug 8, 2023 5:53 AM
Feb 2021
I have finished the manga , and i can tell this one of the best things i have ever read , I heard some people says that in the anime they skipped lot of details and they are rush things, hopefully they adopt the final arc faithfully since it's deserves more love and fame .
Sep 4, 2023 6:25 AM
Aug 2020
replying here to be a part of a peak anime forum
Sep 6, 2023 4:26 AM

Mar 2010
Reply to Galletita
majin_mark505 said:
Galletita said:

@Galletita Is there any OVA about Sugimoto's backstory at all? I haven't watched any OVA's of this series yet, just following the seasons.
There are some scenes along the series of his friend and their wife and some moments where Sugimoto appears in other character's backstories as well. Just curious if it was ever further elaborated in OVA.
Sep 6, 2023 1:24 PM
鋼鉄乙女

Aug 2016
Reply to Lylaaz
@Galletita Is there any OVA about Sugimoto's backstory at all? I haven't watched any OVA's of this series yet, just following the seasons.
There are some scenes along the series of his friend and their wife and some moments where Sugimoto appears in other character's backstories as well. Just curious if it was ever further elaborated in OVA.
@Lylaaz

As far as I´m aware, no, the two OVA published so far covered some early arcs not related to Sugimoto´s backstory.

Sep 8, 2023 9:16 AM
Oct 2020
It’s so awesome that this series gets a well done and close to full adaptation
Nov 24, 2023 1:15 PM

Jun 2020
I want this series to have a complete and satisfying adaptation cause it deserves it, even if it takes splitting the season into two parts. I hope the unfortunate events that occurred during the production of the last season wont effect the production of this one. The manga left me satisfied and the anime so far was pretty well in following the manga´s story, sometimes even elevating moments from the manga. They could maybe even include additional stuff in the epilogue as a viewer treat.

"Don't let your memes be dreams."- Ancient Japanese proverb, probably
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.