Forums

June/July Limited About Me Themes ๐ŸŒง๏ธ

New
Jun 5, 2023 11:37 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007

Celebrate Tanabata and get ready for Summer with these limited-edition themes~

No MAL Supporter exclusive theme this time. If you have any ideas for animated backgrounds for the next batch, let us know.

Claim them before July 31st!

No challenge stacks this month either. Badges for the last challenge should be given out this week.
We're considering some ideas now for the summer break... Let us know if you have any hopes for anime/manga themes there too ๐Ÿ‘€
KinetaJun 5, 2023 11:40 AM

Join MAL's Mod Team!ใ€€โœงใ€€
Guidelines & FAQใ€€โœงใ€€

Watch Cool Doji Danshi~ใ€€โœงใ€€
Jun 5, 2023 11:45 AM

Dec 2018
I'd like a Sailor Moon or Sailor Moon Crystal theme,preferably one for the new cosmos movie about to come out.
MinakoBestGirlJun 5, 2023 11:56 AM

Jun 5, 2023 12:10 PM

Feb 2023
I think I'll use the Dramatic Clouds theme for the time being.

Kineta said:
We're considering some ideas now for the summer break... Let us know if you have any hopes for anime/manga themes there too

I'd like to see permanent Re:Zero/Steins;Gate/Summertime Render/Bocchi the Rock themes.
StyxParadiseJun 5, 2023 4:10 PM
Jun 5, 2023 12:39 PM

Jul 2022
MinakoBestGirl said:
I'd like a Sailor Moon or Sailor Moon Crystal theme,preferably one for the new cosmos movie about to come out.

There are literally dozens of us that want Sailor Moon themes!
Jun 5, 2023 1:35 PM

Aug 2013
MinakoBestGirl said:

Same I would love it too with each sailor guardians and group
Jun 5, 2023 8:01 PM

Jan 2008
Frostwork said:
Kineta said:
Claim them before July 31st!
Clicking on this link logs me out. Clicking on "MAL x Japan" in the menu also logs me out. The switch tick box in "About Me Style" to "Modern" on the settings page is unresponsive. Tried two different browsers with different settings and adblocking off - the problem is on your side.
Same issue here. :/
Jun 5, 2023 9:09 PM

Jul 2016
i'm unable to claim them or even view them at the moment.
Jun 5, 2023 10:50 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
@Frostwork @memorieswithin @Cazqui-09
Sorry everyone, we are aware of the issues with the Modern About Me page and are currently looking into it! ๐Ÿ™‡
Jun 6, 2023 2:27 AM

May 2020
So every year there'll be new season themes?
One one hand, that makes for more variety, but on the other that means that I won't be able to get back the summer themes of last year's, especially the ones with the summer sky and also that one one with (iirc) a beach and some waves (these ones looked nice - not that this year's don't, but they were y'know different, and to me at least seemed certainly more summery than say the one with the clouds of this year's, which to me gives more of a fall vibe).
Such a pity... :-(

P.S. Btw, I was able to claim the themes just fine, by going from the About Me Design button on my profile page, 'cause the link on this forum topic indeed doesn't work.

(edit: added link)
NeaRetrogamerJun 6, 2023 2:34 AM
Jun 6, 2023 2:49 AM
Jul 2018
They're lovely! I was having a difficult time choosing which one to use for now.
I really like the anime Ride Your Wave, it would be nice to have a sunny beach/ocean/surfboard theme.
Jun 6, 2023 6:33 AM

Feb 2021
I love the new themes! I'm totally going to try the rain one when I get the chance!

As for a new theme, could you try making a deep sea theme with fish in it? As in, having normal ocean fish on top but the longer a user's about me page deep sea creatures start to show up at the bottom.
cryptic
and
Squab
Jun 6, 2023 8:46 AM
Dango Daikazoku

Aug 2019
me patiently waiting for the day we get Clannad themes or at least something made by Key
Jun 6, 2023 10:01 AM

Sep 2010
The Tanabata theme looks very good.

I would love to have an animated "star gazing" theme inspired by the Perseids. I know we already have some star themes but they are kinda too blueish, would be nice to have a more black or dark gray one with animated shooting stars. Maybe it could also be next year's Tanabata theme with an Orihime and Hikoboshi reference in it.
Jun 6, 2023 10:15 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
NeaRetrogamer said:
So every year there'll be new season themes?
One one hand, that makes for more variety, but on the other that means that I won't be able to get back the summer themes of last year's
This is the last holiday release before we cycle around to where we started (your link). Since we weren't able to claim themes until December, we're considering re-running last year's themes so they can be claimed in Aug/Sep ;) As for every year, we haven't really decided yet what we plan to do long-term with the holiday themes. For now, as long as the community is excited to use them, we'll keep considering adding fresh ones.

Join MAL's Mod Team!ใ€€โœงใ€€
Guidelines & FAQใ€€โœงใ€€

Watch Cool Doji Danshi~ใ€€โœงใ€€
Jun 6, 2023 10:28 AM

May 2020
Kineta said:
This is the last holiday release before we cycle around to where we started (your link). Since we weren't able to claim themes until December, we're considering re-running last year's themes so they can be claimed in Aug/Sep ;) As for every year, we haven't really decided yet what we plan to do long-term with the holiday themes. For now, as long as the community is excited to use them, we'll keep considering adding fresh ones.

Ah, that would be great, thank you for considering it (here's hoping it does happen btw). :-)
Also, while variety is indeed good, I don't think you should feel pressured to add new themes if you don't have any good ideas for them, as afaik making them might not be trivial, so personally I'd prefer fewer, but well-made themes, rather than more but less well-made (so yeah, even if you ended up mostly rotating the same themes every year, adding only few new ones, I wouldn't mind).
Jun 6, 2023 12:13 PM

Feb 2021
Monogatari themes? That would be epic ๐Ÿ‘€

"๐˜๐˜ฆ๐˜บ, ๐˜๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ช... ๐˜•๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ถ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฑ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ต ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ, ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ข ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฆ."
โป๐˜•๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ข ๐˜–๐˜ด๐˜ข๐˜ฌ๐˜ช
Jun 6, 2023 1:51 PM
๐ŸฅŠ CHAMPION ๐ŸฅŠ

Apr 2016
Seems cools!!! I will try someone!!!
Thanks for the advice!!!

kekeke
Jun 6, 2023 2:17 PM

Jun 2021
Just claimed the Tanabata Festival one. So we can claim as many even though we're not really gonna us the Modern About Me at the moment. I wish I claimed some before. Anyways, as stated above it seems we're gonna be able to claim past designs. Yey!

I'm still waiting for BBCode (or even Markdown) support on the Modern About Me (for indexing purposes) that's why I haven't really given it a try before. I know there's a 'Preview Theme' button but I wish there's also a preview or live preview on the 'Edit Modern About Me Design' page before I click 'Save'. Also wish gifs can be uploaded not just jpg or png.

So are all previous designs gonna be available again (except the supporter-exclusive, of course)?
2022:
Autumn & Halloween About Me Themes Are Here ๐Ÿ‚๐ŸŽƒ

6 New Anime/Manga List Designs Added

Christmas About Me Themes: Claim them now, use them again next year

2023:
Feb~Mar Challenges & About Me Themes Are Here! ๐Ÿ€๐Ÿซ

More tutorials or demo for the rankings 1-3 part, please.
[Update Jun 30] New About Me Designs for Your Profile!
Custom About Me Design Themes
Jun 6, 2023 6:01 PM
Aug 2022
To be honest, a Banana fish background or Gakuen babysitters background would be really awesome
Jun 6, 2023 9:30 PM

Aug 2022
I'm using Firefox & just tried accessing the claim link. I haven't seen a post about issues yet, so I'm wondering if it's just me.

First time I tried: https://i.imgur.com/AuoYYLT.png
Second time I tried: https://i.imgur.com/84YWmMr.png

The above link that I was trying to access: https://mxj.myanimelist.net/about-me/?utm_source=MAL&utm_medium=forum-2098013
Jun 6, 2023 9:31 PM
Veterinarian

Dec 2018
Kineta said:
No challenge stacks this month either.
Why not go with tanabata stack challenge?
P.S: Just an idea.
Jun 6, 2023 10:48 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
NejyCR said:
I'm using Firefox & just tried accessing the claim link. I haven't seen a post about issues yet, so I'm wondering if it's just me.

I mentioned earlier that we are aware of the issues, and the devs are looking into it! Sorry about the inconvenience >_< However, you should be able to access it by going to your profile and clicking "About Me Design" at the top right corner, below the search bar :)
Jun 7, 2023 4:06 AM

Nov 2021
Claimed Dramatic Clouds, thanks!

Suggestions: Saw the pastel color and it looks really cute of Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai.
OldLoserJun 7, 2023 4:21 AM
Jun 7, 2023 8:21 AM

Feb 2016
tingy said:
NejyCR said:

I mentioned earlier that we are aware of the issues, and the devs are looking into it! Sorry about the inconvenience >_< However, you should be able to access it by going to your profile and clicking "About Me Design" at the top right corner, below the search bar :)
Figured I'd mention the same thing is happening to me as NejyCR, and when I tried your suggestion it still didn't work. I tried this on mobile and desktop, both using Chrome. No rush, just thought I'd let you know. Thank you in advance. :>

Edit 7/9: It works now! Thank you ๐Ÿ’–
oh-danny-boyJun 9, 2023 10:45 AM
Jun 7, 2023 12:06 PM

Mar 2008
Kineta said:
Let us know if you have any hopes for anime/manga themes there too ๐Ÿ‘€

A water Pokémon theme, please. :D (As an About Me theme. I currently have no suggestions for Challenge Stacks.)
XmoonbladeJun 16, 2023 2:21 AM

Jun 7, 2023 8:24 PM

Aug 2022
oh-danny-boy said:
tingy said:

Figured I'd mention the same thing is happening to me as NejyCR, and when I tried your suggestion it still didn't work. I tried this on mobile and desktop, both using Chrome. No rush, just thought I'd let you know. Thank you in advance. :>
Good to know it wasn't just me. I did end up being access the link the next day - it 100% was something wrong on MAL's end. I got nervous it could've been another "Lain" moment.
Jun 7, 2023 10:00 PM

Aug 2022
tingy said:
NejyCR said:

I can't seem to access it from my profile... I was looking forward to a rainy season theme since last year...
I can't even change my about me theme since I can't access the page.. It says site can't be reached..
Jun 7, 2023 10:29 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
@oh-danny-boy @Jigoku_Hanashi
That's unfortunate, I thought the solution might've worked for other people as well :( We are still looking into the problem, and will hopefully fix the page soon!
Jun 8, 2023 5:49 AM
้‹ๅ‘ฝใฎๅคฉไฝฟ

Dec 2011
These new themes doesn't suit my taste. I am still contented of my current theme but thank you for continuously adding more themes for us to choose from.

I'll just wait for the next MAL Supporter exclusive theme with animated background. 

โš”๏ธ Cards Delivery | Challenges | Events โš”๏ธ

Jun 8, 2023 11:34 PM
Nov 2020
I hope anime challenge stacks will come back soon :-)
AnnaStasiJun 8, 2023 11:47 PM
Jun 10, 2023 1:01 PM

Jul 2009
I like the clouds.
๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ
๐ŸŒณใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€๐ŸŒณ
๐ŸŒณใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€๐Ÿใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€๐Ÿฆใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€๐ŸŒฒใ€€ใ€€ใ€€๐ŸŒณใ€€
๐ŸŒณใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€Cursorใ€€Natureใ€€reserveใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€๐ŸŒณ
๐ŸŒณใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€๐Ÿฆ‹ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€๐Ÿฆฉใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€๐Ÿ•ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€๐ŸŒณ
๐ŸŒณใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€๐ŸŒณ
๐ŸŒณใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€๐Ÿใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€๐ŸŒฒใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€๐Ÿงใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€๐ŸŒณ
๐ŸŒณใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€๐ŸŒณ
๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ๐ŸŒณ
Jun 12, 2023 6:04 AM
Feb 2019
Ice cream one so cute
Jun 13, 2023 10:29 PM

Jul 2019
I was really hoping we'd get an animated background...

I'd love a beach/ocean one. Maybe the ocean waves would move? Or the clouds? Idk.

Thanks for the cute new profiles in the meantime. :)

More topics from this board

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Feb 23

214 by Veredus »»
10 hours ago

» Try MAL's New Mobile Site! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xinil - Feb 15, 2015

424 by Jeniferu4edy »»
Yesterday, 12:58 PM

» Moderators Wanted! Accepting applications for all positions

Kineta - Apr 26

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 26, 6:46 PM

» Planned 5hr Maintenance, Thursday April 25 @ 1am-6am PT

Kineta - Apr 22

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 22, 8:10 PM

» New Site Update: Peak Anime ๐Ÿ—ป ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Mar 31

213 by Lancelot73 »»
Apr 21, 4:28 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.