Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Available on Manga Store
New
May 27, 2023 1:53 AM

May 2020
I have decided to delete this forum post.
JustOscarFeb 20, 9:41 PM
May 27, 2023 2:52 AM
Sep 2017
What a weird ramble. The magical girls feel alienated because no one but them knows about their struggles and they can't tell anybody either. We, the audience, however, can see exactly what they're going through. Maybe we can't directly look inside their heads to see how they feel, but we get a pretty good picture.
Don't really know what you're on about.
May 27, 2023 3:43 AM
Jun 2021
this Anime is not deep neither particularly logical.

I admit that, this depends on the vastness of experiences you have had.
people can see and feel different things by watching the same show.

But what I said is pretty objective
May 27, 2023 3:44 AM
Apr 2020
I'm really tired of you dumb people on here thinking what you say holds any value
May 27, 2023 4:03 AM
Hello Everynyan

May 2022

Can't believe this is the norm of today's anime shitpost

May 27, 2023 4:21 AM
Jun 2021
Ri-KoRin said:

You're right, it would be more clear and honest to say in no uncertain terms that this show is pretty average
May 27, 2023 4:27 AM
Nov 2022
Pekyo said:
Ri-KoRin said:

You're right, it would be more clear and honest to say in no uncertain terms that this show is pretty average

Average? I really really enjoyed it personally.
May 27, 2023 6:20 AM

Feb 2010
It's a metaphor for several things from how isolating it can feel to be a teenager to how the public can't relate to soldiers. That said since the audience is present for the magical girl relevant scenes we have information those outside of the magical girls don't have in universe so we aren't the equivalent of the in universe non magical girl population and therefore have been given enough information to understand the situation.

If you compare it to Evangelion where the creator is being deliberately inaccessible it's obvious that Madoka is supposed to be accessible to its audience
May 27, 2023 7:27 AM
Sep 2019
I thought Kyubey laid it out pretty plainly. They are manipulating teenage angst to make these girls feel special so they'll sign contracts. It's not about the girl or her experience, it's all about how much "entropy reversing energy" she can output. They continue to manipulate that angst to keep the magical girls fighting each other and turning into witches. They aren't supposed to be misunderstood, they're just supposed to feel that way.
May 27, 2023 9:42 AM
Jun 2021
RopeBuny said:
Pekyo said:

I believe you, also I like it.
this show is worth watching.

But if you break it down and analyze it, the show has nothing particularly brilliant nor original
May 27, 2023 10:46 AM
Nov 2022
Pekyo said:
RopeBuny said:

But if you break it down and analyze it, the show has nothing particularly brilliant nor original

I don’t know how to reply. I understand where your coming from but if i denied what you’ve said. Then it wouldn’t seem like i did.

So i’ll put it this way. I havn’t enjoyed a show as much as i did from watching madoka magica (not counting sequals) in a good while. It’s really hard to predict to plots personally for me and it felt really unique.
May 27, 2023 2:12 PM
Jun 2021
RopeBuny said:
Pekyo said:

I don’t know how to reply. I understand where your coming from but if i denied what you’ve said. Then it wouldn’t seem like i did.

So i’ll put it this way. I havn’t enjoyed a show as much as i did from watching madoka magica (not counting sequals) in a good while. It’s really hard to predict to plots personally for me and it felt really unique.

I’m happy to hear that you love it :)
May 27, 2023 3:11 PM

Aug 2015
>no matter how popular and well liked this anime is, only a few can understand it
This may come as a shock to you, but anime and reality are two different things.
Controversial opinions
May 28, 2023 12:06 AM
Degenerate Queen

Jan 2022
Everyone has had different experiences and thus everyone will gleem something different from each piece of media.
There are plenty of pretentious shows that try to act deep but don't really understand what they are saying. I can name them, but wouldn't want MAL to explode when I do.
This show says what it says without much of "I'm so smart because I think this way" kind aof attitude. It just so happens that the show wasn't very smart in the end and many people claim it is a masterpiece when Madoka's wish was extremely idiotic.
However, a lot of people can understand what it is like to be alienated and left out of things, like the magical girl candidates are.
May 28, 2023 1:07 AM
Jan 2019
greengolem said:
What a weird ramble. The magical girls feel alienated because no one but them knows about their struggles and they can't tell anybody either. We, the audience, however, can see exactly what they're going through. Maybe we can't directly look inside their heads to see how they feel, but we get a pretty good picture.
Don't really know what you're on about.

this (message must contain 15 or more characters)
May 30, 2023 6:32 AM

May 2011
That's the case for everything and even those who overstand acknowledge that they know very little. We can only be aware of things that are in our awareness, otherwise they escape our eyes and we think they're nothing. The Ego may even assume a subject or scene is stupid, as it tries to divert our understanding.

As someone well read in psychology, archetypes, the subconscious, magic, mythology, I will say that Madoka did an amazing job working with these concepts. Every time I've rewatched it I've been somewhere new in my spiritual journey & just completely amazed at how well the Anime team did to relay certain information.

When the last episode originally aired I questioned if it was just gimmicky & would lose value, but as my information base has grown, the animes raised in value for me.

I especially love when the witches appear because the subconscious often acts as Trickster/Circus energy. If you've ever taken a psychedelic, you'll be familiar with this arena as well. I also recently discovered the Cosmic Egg and that's put a spin on Yu Yu Hakusho and every anime that's ever used an egg 😂

In short any entertainment that is above ~7.7 is working with archetypes. Most anime pulls from the topics I listed above, additionally world religions & history. If you don't have information on those topics, if you don't personally have those energies within you, or you don't pay much attention to patterns & personalities, then yes only those who understand those things will have a deeper understanding than the average watcher. I mean I've seen so many people get angry and argue that one anime copied another, when in reality both of them are completely based off some mythology that most Japanese know, but is completely foreign to a westerners 😂

Besides actual history references, everyone's Subconscious is aware of most messaging being displayed, that's why these shows or books have such high ratings in the first place. It's also how subliminal messaging operates.

I'd like to mention that some people do innately understand how to read energy, tap into the collective unconscious, or the Akashic Records without the awareness of their abilities. They too can understand much of this information without reading, watching, and studying as the average person. If you are interested in any of these topics, anime is truly a treasure trove 🥲
Jul 13, 2023 10:42 PM
Aug 2020
ErogakiPatches said:
Everyone has had different experiences and thus everyone will gleem something different from each piece of media.
There are plenty of pretentious shows that try to act deep but don't really understand what they are saying. I can name them, but wouldn't want MAL to explode when I do.
This show says what it says without much of "I'm so smart because I think this way" kind aof attitude. It just so happens that the show wasn't very smart in the end and many people claim it is a masterpiece when Madoka's wish was extremely idiotic.
However, a lot of people can understand what it is like to be alienated and left out of things, like the magical girl candidates are.

Explain me like hells save the world is a wish idiot?
Jul 14, 2023 4:42 PM
Degenerate Queen

Jan 2022
Bocchi_UwU_ said:
ErogakiPatches said:

Explain me like hells save the world is a wish idiot?
Please work on your English. I cannot understand what you are trying to say. I'll go ahead and guess that you are speaking of Madoka's wish and that you believe her wish can save the world. It cannot and it is extremely dumb. Let's recap... Madoka's wish was to make it so that all witches would not exist in the past, present, or future. Okay, sounds alright. But how does she do that? Well, when magical girls become corrupted from terrible experiences and people abusing and using them... Madoka comes down and takes their corruption away. The girls still suffer but they can die in peace even after mankind abuses them and, in some cases, as shown in the anime, kills them. We see girls in war zones, girls being burned at the stake, girls being abused, girls losing their hope, etc... And Madoka's wish is to just make them not care about that stuff and die peacefully. She doesn't wish for their suffering to be nonexistent (Even though that would be dumb and childish as well), but she just wishes that they don't hold a grudge against mankind. The girls are still abused, used, and murdered by mankind but they just pass on with no grudges towards the ones who destroyed their lives. You know, the people they probably became a magical girl for in the first place.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

1543 by Biisoo »»
Apr 23, 3:47 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

229 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 2:11 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Mar 10, 2011

704 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 24, 2011

627 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 10, 2011

523 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 11:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.