Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 19, 2023 6:18 PM

Jun 2015

anyone else super excited for this game? as an avid genshin player I can't wait for next week to finally play it ^^ 
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 19, 2023 8:09 PM
Community Mod
Undead

Mar 2022
Yes!! I've been very excited as of late!!

Everyone's design is so good!! I really like Jing Yuan and Kafka.
Apr 19, 2023 8:21 PM

Jan 2009
Zenless Zone Zero looks better imo but nah im no gamer anyway
Apr 20, 2023 7:41 AM
Jul 2018
The day of release is around the corner (5 days more if I'm right...) 
As someone who likes both Honkai Impact 3rd and Genshin Impact, I have fingers crossed that Star Rail is gonna be successful too!~
I'm most excited for Seelie, Bronya and Kafka tbh ^^
Slowly I'm becoming a bit impatient with waiting, but surely it will be worthy. ~ ^*^
Apr 20, 2023 8:23 AM

Jul 2016
Yep, had it on my wishlist since I was able to!
Apr 22, 2023 9:51 AM
Apr 2023
Play the PC version of Honkai 3rd Impact if you haven't, do eeeeet. pvp
Apr 22, 2023 11:06 AM
Stellaron Hunter

Oct 2020
I'm not really into turn based combat but I'm going to keep an open mind and try it out anyway.
Incessant Rain

“Can you let me have some fun this time?”

Apr 22, 2023 12:41 PM

Jan 2008
Feel like this game will basically be carried by the company (Mihoyo, aka, the ones who make Genshin) and name branding, being part of the Honkai franchise. I've played my share of 3D anime turn based gacha games and most usually fall off pretty fast in terms of gacha games. I'll try it out because of that branding and because I'm tired of chibi art gachas but honestly, if this wasn't Mihoyo, I probably wouldn't have even bothered
Apr 22, 2023 1:47 PM

Oct 2016
Already pre-registered.
I'm excited about the game, and will definitely try it.
Apr 22, 2023 10:10 PM

Oct 2022
I already know a few things. 

1. It's a turn based game (reminded me of the good old Wizard101 days)
2. It's related to Honaki Impact 3
3. I want to get Bronya, Seele, and Welt

What I don't know if it's a direct sequel to Honkai Impact 3 and there will be Honkai beasts or "Herrschers"
HyroSanApr 22, 2023 10:36 PM

Apr 23, 2023 12:11 AM

Aug 2009
Is there going to be another Asuka/Evangelion event? She's the only reason why I played Honaki to be honest.

I still have to play Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth and do another run in Persona 4.

Apr 23, 2023 3:16 AM

Jul 2016
You can download it now :3
Apr 23, 2023 3:59 PM

Jun 2015
sulking said:
i'm hyped for it!!!
i've gotten kinda tired of genshin tbh so this will be a nice change –
tho idk if starting a new gacha is a smart move for me lmao
i reallyyyy want the fox lady (whose name i keep forgetting smh)
and blade looks so cool 🥲

same reason tbh just cause with genshin i finish the new stuff rlly fast so i'm left with just dailies and it gets boring :/ i'm in love with jing yuan so i'll be waiting for his banner 
Apr 24, 2023 11:47 AM
Jul 2018
Not much time is left until the official release of the game !~ 
I think I can't hold much for another few hours, maybe I'm too much hyped. xd
Also I do agree that some gacha games after time can feel like chores, especially if they have longer time between patch updates. ~
Apr 24, 2023 7:11 PM

Jun 2015
one more day left, imma be nervous wishing cuz what if i don't get yanqing T__T 
Apr 24, 2023 8:20 PM

Apr 2018
I've been for a year trying to apply for the beta before. I was not lucky. But I'm excited for the release of the game.

You and the rose are connected. Know the weight of your own life
Apr 26, 2023 7:09 AM

Apr 2018
I'm in America server.

You and the rose are connected. Know the weight of your own life
Apr 26, 2023 8:14 AM

Jul 2016
sulking said:
ok since the games finally out if anyone wants to add on eu server :DD

@ashisland also gl for jings banner whenever it is

I'll be on the EU server when I get home from work. So will make sure I add you :3
Apr 26, 2023 8:26 AM
Dec 2022
As an amateur musician, the best thing about high quality Chinese online games would be the quality OSTs.
Apr 26, 2023 1:02 PM

Jan 2008
Honestly, this would have been great as a non-gacha game. A bit of a shame. 

Playing the desktop version. Visually, game looks good and the characters look good although I have no particular characters I favor at the moment. Will keep on playing but who knows for how long. If anything I can play just to keep up with potential doujins, that was the best thing about Genshin.

Apr 26, 2023 1:04 PM
Jul 2018
ashisland said:
one more day left, imma be nervous wishing cuz what if i don't get yanqing T__T 
Good luck with pulls! 
Apr 27, 2023 4:04 AM

Jul 2016

For anyone who needs friends on the eu server :3
Apr 27, 2023 12:50 PM
Jul 2018
OMGdoughnut said:

T.T Will try to friend you if you're not bothered by it and when I figure out how to have time for one more gacha game... seems my gacha addiction is only gonna become worse xd
Apr 28, 2023 2:03 PM

Jul 2016
beloved_elysia23 said:
OMGdoughnut said:

T.T Will try to friend you if you're not bothered by it and when I figure out how to have time for one more gacha game... seems my gacha addiction is only gonna become worse xd
Please friend me :3

Found some codes for free goodie too:

HSRGRANDOPEN2 100 Stellar Jade, 5 Traveler's Guide
HSRGRANDOPEN3 100 Stellar Jade, 4 Refined Aether
HSRVER10XEDLFE 50 Stellar Jade, 10,000 Credits
STARRAILGIFT 50 Stellar Jade, 2 Traveler's Guide, 5 Bottled Soda, 10,000 Credits

Apr 28, 2023 7:55 PM

Feb 2010
tell me if the story is as good as honkai impact then i might play it. 
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Apr 30, 2023 6:05 AM
Jul 2018
OMGdoughnut said:
beloved_elysia23 said:
Please friend me :3

Found some codes for free goodie too:

HSRGRANDOPEN2 100 Stellar Jade, 5 Traveler's Guide
HSRGRANDOPEN3 100 Stellar Jade, 4 Refined Aether
HSRVER10XEDLFE 50 Stellar Jade, 10,000 Credits
STARRAILGIFT 50 Stellar Jade, 2 Traveler's Guide, 5 Bottled Soda, 10,000 Credits

Will do so when I figure out how to add friends, seems I need to play through story a bit more, yet the weather might not allow me for today. 
Apr 30, 2023 8:11 AM

Jan 2021
There are two things that are keeping me away from this game for now. My mobile storage and turn based combat. I am still excited for it and maybe I will download it after some time.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Apr 30, 2023 11:10 AM
Apr 30, 2023 11:52 AM
Jul 2018
FZREMAKE said:
There are two things that are keeping me away from this game for now. My mobile storage and turn based combat. I am still excited for it and maybe I will download it after some time.
RIP phone storage, praying for phone's well being if you decide to try it!
May 1, 2023 2:04 AM

Feb 2018
It’s alright, but the more I play the more I’d rather just get back on Genshin.
May 4, 2023 7:29 AM
Jul 2018
finally have the time to play this~ Aaaaa happy to see himeko again q_q
May 4, 2023 8:34 AM
Jul 2018
Fuyuhiro said:
Himeko best girl!~
May 4, 2023 10:18 AM
Jul 2018
beloved_elysia23 said:
Fuyuhiro said:
Himeko best girl!~

yup~

aaa, we must protect her at all costs.. this time we will never let her go q_q!
May 4, 2023 10:19 AM
Jul 2018
Fuyuhiro said:
beloved_elysia23 said:
Himeko best girl!~

yup~

aaa, we must protect her at all costs.. this time we will never let her go q_q!
gotta protect, true true, she seems even better in star rail... oops maybe I spoiled...
May 4, 2023 4:26 PM

Jul 2019
This definitely feels like on the high end of turn-based RPGs. Also, the characters and interactions are really fun and way better than Genshin. Though, that could change.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
May 5, 2023 5:39 AM
Nov 2019
After 1 week of playing it, I would say it's a good game with potential. Compared to genshin it as better storytelling and interactions so far. The diaogues also move faster than genshin which can feels a slog. Plot is nothing groundbreaking so far but on the good side it has a more reponsive MC than genshin.

Gameplay wise, it's alright. Not really a fan of turn based rpgs so that may be bias on my part. The shield breaking mechanism is annoying and I can already see powercreep with certain characters able to deplete enemy shields and HP faster than others, or having AOE. It feels worrying considering it's a newly minted game and future characters ( and future enemy gimmicks) will force one to use only new or specific units. Atleast in genshin, we are free to run anyone in the open world with any non-optimal builds or teams... Also, the characters feel more demanding in their requirements to have better builds, artifacts and weapons. If you don't have them, it's easy to get decimated.

I guess it's skill level is higher than genshin's when comparing their respective beginnings.
May 5, 2023 11:45 AM
Jul 2018
Said_enough said:
After 1 week of playing it, I would say it's a good game with potential. Compared to genshin it as better storytelling and interactions so far. The diaogues also move faster than genshin which can feels  a slog. Plot is nothing groundbreaking so far but on the good side it has a more reponsive MC than genshin.

Gameplay wise, it's alright. Not really a fan of turn based rpgs so that may be bias on my part. The shield breaking mechanism is annoying and I can already see powercreep with certain characters able to deplete enemy shields and HP faster than others, or having AOE. It feels worrying considering it's a newly minted game and future characters ( and future enemy gimmicks) will force one to use only new or specific units. Atleast in genshin, we are free to run anyone in the open world with any non-optimal builds or teams... Also, the characters feel more demanding in their requirements to have better builds, artifacts and weapons. If you don't have them, it's easy to get decimated.

I guess it's skill level is higher than genshin's when comparing their respective beginnings.
I think that Mihoyo learnt over years with all three games before what could work. Yet I agree with almost everything. Also ZZZ should release soon as well and I think you'd give great review as well. ^^
May 5, 2023 12:05 PM

Dec 2015
Found out about this game by accident, I just wish Hoyoverse learnt from Genshin to give skip dialogue options x(, tbh I actually like that turn type of fights so far I've seen people posting uid so I'd do that too [Eu Server]

May 5, 2023 6:35 PM
Nov 2019
beloved_elysia23 said:
Said_enough said:
After 1 week of playing it, I would say it's a good game with potential. Compared to genshin it as better storytelling and interactions so far. The diaogues also move faster than genshin which can feels  a slog. Plot is nothing groundbreaking so far but on the good side it has a more reponsive MC than genshin.

I think that Mihoyo learnt over years with all three games before what could work. Yet I agree with almost everything. Also ZZZ should release soon as well and I think you'd give great review as well. ^^

Yeah Hoyo is definitely stepping up their game with newer launches. That huge stack of money is being spent wisely lol

ZZZ's character designs are a bit over the top for me but otherwise I am more excited about it's open world gameplay than Star Rail. Whenever it drops ( which looks to be quite some time in the future ) I would definitely give it a try :)
May 15, 2023 3:03 AM

Dec 2013
Been playing since release day and I'm having fun.

Everything about the game is 8.5/10. My only issue is the side quests/errands we have are like the filler episodes in an anime. Unfortunately not the good kind of filler. Other than that, yes I am enjoying this game immensely.
May 15, 2023 10:52 AM

Feb 2011
The worst thing about this game is that you can't jump or climb. How am I supposed to look under characters' skirts? :disappointed:
May 15, 2023 11:40 AM

Apr 2015
Tiosar said:
The worst thing about this game is that you can't jump or climb. How am I supposed to look under characters' skirts? :disappointed:
Some of the female characters apparently had panties you could see when moving in the beta, like Asta who had pink bow panties, but then they removed them pre-release. 
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
May 15, 2023 11:50 AM

Feb 2011
Tropisch said:
Tiosar said:
Some of the female characters apparently had panties you could see when moving in the beta, like Asta who had pink bow panties, but then they removed them pre-release. 
Still has them:

But same as Mitsuki (March 7) detalization is lacking. I hate this invisibility censorship btw.
May 15, 2023 11:55 AM

Apr 2015
Tiosar said:
Tropisch said:
Still has them:

But same as Mitsuki (March 7) detalization is lacking. I hate this invisibility censorship btw.
No no, they were actual panties, not bloomers like what you posted. 
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
-Atena Saotome 
May 15, 2023 11:57 AM

Feb 2011
@Tropisch For real? Damn, that's a shame.
May 15, 2023 11:59 AM

Apr 2015
Tiosar said:
Yeah, Mihoyo's been on a fanservice nerf for a while. I made a thread a while back showing female characters in Genshin had their modeled asses replaced with flat shadows while male characters didn't get the same treatment. 
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
-Atena Saotome 
May 15, 2023 12:01 PM

Feb 2011
Tropisch said:
Tiosar said:
Yeah, Mihoyo's been on a fanservice nerf for a while. I made a thread a while back showing female characters in Genshin had their modeled asses replaced with flat shadows while male characters didn't get the same treatment. 

Both Genshin and HSR are unfortunately inferior to Honkai Impact 3rd in this regard.
May 19, 2023 1:45 AM

Dec 2013
ashisland, I wanted to ask, do you think Kafka resembles Nagamitsu, from honkai impact 3rd at all?

My first thought when I saw Kafka's design in Honkai star rail, was doesn't she look a bit like the Nagamitsu (Elizabeth McSmith, is a Schicksal scientist).
May 19, 2023 3:52 AM

Mar 2018
AINTNOWAY

is that THE ashisland?? :o

i hate star rail. gave me another march . WHERE ARE MY TINGYUNS.
May 20, 2023 7:58 PM

May 2014
Imagine caring about fanservice in a f2p game this GOOD.

Honestly this game is incredible for both f2p players and whales. Story is engaging enough to not skip dialogue, same with the characters and the game is very good looking aswell.

Number 1 gacha IMO.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Are you using Linux???

DesuMaiden - 4 hours ago

5 by DesuMaiden »»
54 minutes ago

» small form factor aka sff computer or pc

deg - Yesterday

5 by Noboru »»
2 hours ago

» Do you guys enjoy fighting games? ( 1 2 )

Dumb - Feb 11

54 by DesuMaiden »»
3 hours ago

» Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door censors catcalling!?

rohan121 - Apr 28

23 by Lucifrost »»
4 hours ago

» Add "you little bitch" to a video game quote. ( 1 2 3 )

Kajiuran - Oct 20, 2023

143 by Kajiuran »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.