Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 13, 2010 10:37 AM

Nov 2007
So, I decided that in the end I could use some extra help around the club.
Here's a list of what I'm looking for. If you're interested, fill out the form and post it here. It's not a first come first serve thing - the thread will stay open for 24 hours at least to give everyone a chance to apply, and maybe longer if needed.

A few tips. First of all if you are picked as admin/officer I don't pretend you to drop everything else and work for me 24/7. However I expect you to be around and be helpful, not just to sign up for the extra cards. But please don't lie about your free time in the form; don't tell me you can be online at all times of the day just to be chosen.
Also, I'd like to be able to communicate with my officers/admins, and I'd like to do so in English. A certain degree of literacy would be welcome. If I have to make my picks based on who can tell the difference between "your" and "you're" then so be it.
Lastly, rules. You'll be expected to enforce them when I'm not around. If you're not comfortable telling someone "no, you won't get a card because you didn't follow the rules"... you're probably better off not applying for anything but advertising.

Advertising/inviting officers (1-2 people)
Your job would be to invite people to the club and talk with other member card clubs to affiliate. No graphic skills required, but it'd be helpful if you could make your own banners to advertise (I only have a couple at the moment).
If you're interested, fill out the following form replacing the parts in parenthesis with your answer.
Position: Advertising/inviting
Have you ever done any advertising for other clubs? (not mandatory)
How much free time could you dedicate to advertising? (it'd be helpful if you could say at which times/specify your timezone)
Can you provide your own graphics? (yes/no, if yes please provide examples)
Why do you think you should get this position?

Game officers (2-5 people)
Now that the points system is (almost) up and running, I need some help with it. I'd like to add more games to the club to promote activity and provide more ways for members to get points.
This means, among other things, to create those games and have someone who will help me run them.
I'll be taking care of Picture Hunt, but the rest is up to you. Giving me a good idea for a game is the best way to get this position.
Position: Games
How much free time could you dedicate to games? (it'd be helpful if you could say at which times/specify your timezone)
Do you have any suggestions for games we could run in the club? (the game must be played completely in one thread, not through messages; members must be able to gain points through it; be as detailed as you like, and try not to copy MCM's games too much)

Helper cardmaker (1-2 people)
To clarify, this does not mean you'll make your own cards for the club. It means I give you my templates and you help me make cards when there's too much backlog or I have no time (June/July is always a busy time for me).
For this you'll need to have GIMP, or any other graphic program that can handle .xcf files, and you need to be fairly knowledgeable of how it works. You'll also need to install all the fonts I use.
Position: Helper cardmaker
How much free time could you dedicate to making cards? (it'd be helpful if you could say at which times/specify your timezone)
Have you got GIMP on your computer? (yes/no, if not specify which program you'd use)
Do you make your own graphics with GIMP/other programs? (not mandatory, if yes post examples)
Can you use spreadsheets? (not mandatory, but all my lists of cards to make are spreadsheets)

As for the benefits of being officer/admin, it depends on the position. For the advertising/games officers it'll probably be a point bonus and reserved spots for LEs. For cardmakers, variable depending on how much work they get.
AikoDMay 20, 2010 12:56 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
May 13, 2010 11:41 AM

Aug 2009
How much free time could you dedicate to making cards? I have a lot of free time, I'm on for nearly 10hours a day.Weekday, for Weekends I'm on for over 20hours each day. XD Wassay's timezone= -5GMT
Have you got GIMP on your computer?' Nop I have Photoshop
Do you make your own graphics with GIMP/other programs? Clicky~
Can you use spreadsheets? O: You promised to help Wassay make some so not until you tell me how.
Why do you think you should get this position? Wassay want this position because I want to help you out, also because it might help improve his graphics skills making him somewhat better. Also Aiko will give Wassay some downloads to some good fonts so Wassay doesn't have to look for it. XD

YarHar o.o.
wassayMay 13, 2010 12:59 PM

Credit to Olivy for the signature.
May 13, 2010 11:45 AM

Sep 2008
I could invite members! :3
Wouldn't mind helping with the games either ^.^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 13, 2010 11:50 AM

Aug 2009
I would like to be a helper card maker. I have gimp but I'm not that experienced at it.
Still I have plenty amount of time since my school ends at 3 o'clock and I would be willing to help.I can't use spreadsheets but I'm a quick learner :D
I really want this position because I think it is fun to edit cards and be an officer and isn't having fun in here the most important thing? :))
Here's a card I made for a contest;
dawnblkMay 13, 2010 12:10 PM
May 13, 2010 12:00 PM

Dec 2009
I wonder if I could be Game Officer... always if I'm in MAL I play many games but games for points... for now I have only one idea and it's not precise... but I think there will be more after some time :)
japangirl1995May 13, 2010 12:03 PM
May 13, 2010 12:50 PM

Dec 2009
Position: Advertising/inviting
Have you ever done any advertising for other clubs? No, I have not. ^^;
How much free time could you dedicate to advertising? I can help out from 12:00 PM till 4:00 PM [Pacific Daylight Time]
Can you provide your own graphics? Yes, I can! :3
:Samples:

Why do you think you should get this position? I beleive I should get this position because I am a pretty hard worker, I love to do graphics, I am very kind, I like to tell people about things, and I am the president for my school's Anime Club which gives me leadership.
May 13, 2010 1:19 PM

Nov 2007
How much free time could you dedicate to making cards? (it'd be helpful if you could say at which times/specify your timezone): Umm like one or two hours a day :] Pacific/Canada time zone~ :O
Have you got GIMP on your computer? (yes/no, if not specify which program you'd use): Yes I have GIMP :D
Do you make your own graphics with GIMP/other programs? (not mandatory, if yes post examples): Yes I do and my graphics are here
http://s282.photobucket.com/albums/kk242/XAnimeHolicX/
Can you use spreadsheets? (not mandatory, but all my lists of cards to make are spreadsheets): Yes I CAN use spreadsheets but I've never used them for member cards tho D:
Why do you think you should get this position?: I hope to get this job because I believe I am a hard worker, especially when it comes to making graphics, which I love doing. I am online almost all of the time, and I will make time in order to complete the tasks which I am given. I also have experience with member card making (Yes I know even in putting names on the cards) and I would love to help out. In my spare time I like to make limited edition member cards, and I believe I am fully qualified in order to get the job done well.

And when you said you wanted someone who can speak/write English with good grammar you can be rest assured because I've lived in America for a long time and my English shouldn't be a problem. And yes I can tell the different between your and you're. It annoys me sometimes when people get those two mixed up too, or even use really terrible bad grammar when they talk to me.
bunnychiiMay 14, 2010 3:29 PM
May 13, 2010 2:46 PM

Nov 2007
Some random considerations~

I did mention .xcf files because (to the best of my knowledge) photoshop can't open them. They could have changed this in a newer version but I think not.

Also if I say "fill the form" I'm kind of... dunno, expecting people to fill the form? o.O

xdeath_bunnyx, I can't seem to be able to access your card album, I keep getting redirected to PB's front page! D=

The spreadsheets are not a big deal, it's just handier than using notepad. I have a copy of the memberlist with everyone's ID and the cards they requested and I still have to make. You shouldn't need to do anything more advanced than copy-pasting names from the spreadsheet to the cards.
May 13, 2010 3:30 PM

Nov 2009

How much free time could you dedicate to games?
At least an hour or two every day. My time zone is United States Eastern. I think that's GMT-5.

Do you have any suggestions for games we could run in the club? (the game must be played completely in one thread, not through messages; members must be able to gain points through it; be as detailed as you like, and try not to copy MCM's games too much)
Hmm...a little difficult. How about think of a caption for the previous post's banner/card/badge and then rate their answer based on hilarity? I have several ideas, but I do not know if they would count as spam or be considered annoying. Looks like I need to do some more brainstorming.
[edit: word association, or last post, or overall anime quiz. Quote recognition (that one's a little dodgy)]

It sounds really fun!!! And I'm pretty spontaneous when it comes to ideas (though it may take awhile to come up with a good one).
naiyinMay 13, 2010 3:39 PM

May 13, 2010 6:54 PM

Nov 2007
AikoD said:
Some random considerations~

I did mention .xcf files because (to the best of my knowledge) photoshop can't open them. They could have changed this in a newer version but I think not.

Also if I say "fill the form" I'm kind of... dunno, expecting people to fill the form? o.O

xdeath_bunnyx, I can't seem to be able to access your card album, I keep getting redirected to PB's front page! D=

The spreadsheets are not a big deal, it's just handier than using notepad. I have a copy of the memberlist with everyone's ID and the cards they requested and I still have to make. You shouldn't need to do anything more advanced than copy-pasting names from the spreadsheet to the cards.

Lol sorry! D: I had to write the URL by hand and I didn't quite remember the whole thing >.< But I updated it :D

And oh the spreadsheets thing doesn't seem so hard anymore :D

Oh btw re-wrote my application (read it ^^) and it sounds better now :D
bunnychiiMay 13, 2010 8:11 PM
May 13, 2010 11:51 PM

Jan 2010
Position: Advertising/inviting.
Have you ever done any advertising for other clubs? Nope~
How much free time could you dedicate to advertising? I'm free Saturday, Sunday and 5pm to 12-ish on weekdays. (GMT+8)
Can you provide your own graphics? Sure but I'm not very good at making them and I haven't made anything. D:
Why do you think you should get this position? I think I should get it because this club is awesome and other people should know about it. x3 And I could also help you deliver cards if you need~
bubbleteaaaaaaMay 15, 2010 1:12 AM
May 14, 2010 6:19 AM

Dec 2009
I'll do it officially.

Position: Game officer
Have you ever done this work in other club: nop. ^^
Have you ideas of new games?: I think there will be one or more... I thought about quizes from popular manga and anime and contests, where people can write fanfiction, poetry (in many themes, of course)
My timezone: European (Berlin, Warsaw, Paris etc.)
Why do I think I can do it?: I spend maaaany time in MAL every day, I love playing games here and I think (I hope) I can have this role. :) Notabene, I think this club is great but with some ideas it can be much better ^^ AND, even if in my country English isn't main language, I think I'm quite good in writing.

That's all from me. Thanks for your attention.
May 14, 2010 6:29 AM

Mar 2009

~Application~
~
~~
~
Note: I used spoilers for my answers so it would look neater, I hope that’s ok.

Position: Helper Card Maker

How much free time could you dedicate to making cards?: [GMT 06:00 = Central U.S.A. Time Zone for me]----

Have you got GIMP on your computer?:

Do you make your own graphics with GIMP/other programs?:

Can you use spreadsheets?:

Why do you think you should get this position?:

Comment:

windeen-windyMay 14, 2010 6:36 AM
May 14, 2010 10:47 AM

Apr 2010
How much free time could you dedicate to games? (it'd be helpful if you could say at which times/specify your timezone):

Do you have any suggestions for games we could run in the club? (the game must be played completely in one thread, not through messages; members must be able to gain points through it; be as detailed as you like, and try not to copy MCM's games too much):

Why do you think you should get this position?:
shotaconMay 14, 2010 10:56 AM
May 16, 2010 12:39 PM

Nov 2007
Mkay, it's decision time~

xdeath_bunnyx, I messaged you about the cardmaking position; I'm sorry for the others who applied but I think there will be less confusion with only 1 other person making cards apart from me, and I think Xda will fill the position nicely.

Mayora-Hime, could you please fill the form for games/advertising so I know how much free time you have and such?

sillyker0nian & iimarthi - you get the advertising position :3

Mistyunion, japangirl1995 & shotacon - I'm still considering which games I should add to the club so you'll get a more coherent answer whenever I make up my mind XD;
I'm a bit iffy on making games based on someone's judgement like rating avatars, though, and don't really like guess the quote (it all boils down to google-fu skills).
But I really like the "liar" game idea, and also guess the character.
I suppose we could also have a guess the anime based on a screenshot, or guess the difference. I'll set up a couple of game threads later.
May 19, 2010 11:22 AM

Apr 2010
How much free time could you dedicate to making cards? A 2 hours a day on Tuesday thru Friday when I don't have to work. I'm married, so yeah I do have a life! My timezone is GMT-5
Have you got GIMP on your computer? No, I use Photoshop CS4
Do you make your own graphics with GIMP/other programs? Yes

Can you use spreadsheets? Like Excel? Maybe. I try to learn if needed.
Why do you think you should get this position? No reason, just gives me a chance to get more practice using Photoshop and get experience making graphics.

BTW: This is your club, because you're it's creator. Peace!
May 20, 2010 4:10 AM

May 2010

How much free time could you dedicate to games?

Do you have any suggestions for games we could run in the club?

Final note:
“My abusive language is alchemized through 40kg of copper, 25kg of zinc, 15kg of nickel, 15kg of ice that keeps my cool, and 97kg of pure spite” - Senjougahara Hitagi

Games Room's badge
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Member cards [OPEN] ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AikoD - Apr 13, 2010

931 by Otaku-Aniki »»
Sep 21, 2012 8:57 AM

» [lol this thread is important] Roll call! [OPEN] ( 1 2 3 )

AikoD - Aug 13, 2010

117 by musicalsushi »»
Sep 3, 2011 11:08 PM

» [GAME] Picture hunt! [current theme: RAINBOW] ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AikoD - May 7, 2010

780 by Kawwwa »»
May 15, 2011 8:07 AM

Sticky: » List of Limited Editions and Special Editions

AikoD - Jun 6, 2010

14 by DarkGallade »»
Sep 30, 2010 5:52 PM

Sticky: » Summer Exchange cards delivery~

AikoD - Jul 13, 2010

26 by YamiLoire »»
Sep 16, 2010 2:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.