Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 4, 2023 3:21 PM

Apr 2013
Apolygon2 said:
Gator said:
I did not see this as a parody when I watched it, I simply enjoyed it how it is. Though I can see how someone would interpret all the misunderstandings as parody.
out of curiosity then, do you consider love is war or/and konosuba parody?

if yes then can I know makes them different?

I don't consider Love is War a parody, because I don't see people plotting against each other in a romantic way that often in other romance anime.
KonoSuba though... I can probably see it as a parody, since it pokes fun at a lot of tropes from other isekai stories.

Gamers I could only see as a parody to misunderstandings in romance anime. But misunderstandings happen in all kinds of anime, so that's not a specific feature of romcoms which I see being parodied here.
Mar 4, 2023 3:42 PM

Oct 2019
Gator said:
Apolygon2 said:
out of curiosity then, do you consider love is war or/and konosuba parody?

if yes then can I know makes them different?

I don't consider Love is War a parody, because I don't see people plotting against each other in a romantic way that often in other romance anime.
KonoSuba though... I can probably see it as a parody, since it pokes fun at a lot of tropes from other isekai stories.

Gamers I could only see as a parody to misunderstandings in romance anime. But misunderstandings happen in all kinds of anime, so that's not a specific feature of romcoms which I see being parodied here.

hmmm.... I can see that.

I think love is war is parodying the "fuck already" aspect of romance, and the absurd plans are just it's way of pushing that to the extreme. it also sometimes goes out of it's way to poke fun of other romance tropes too, like how it talks about it being a non-ecchi seinen in the ova, or that whole shoujo manga bit they were doing.

but again I see what you mean. I actually never thought about it that way.

although I do think "misunderstandings" like that are way more common in romance dramas compared to other genre's. and I think this show is making fun of the absurd tangled mess kinds of misunderstandings, which I don't think I have seen at all outside of romance anime. I'm curious to know if I'm wrong on that though.

anyways thanks for the explanation, hope you have a wonderful rest of your day :D
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Mar 4, 2023 4:13 PM

Apr 2013
Apolygon2 said:
Gator said:

hmmm.... I can see that.

I think love is war is parodying the "fuck already" aspect of romance, and the absurd plans are just it's way of pushing that to the extreme. it also sometimes goes out of it's way to poke fun of other romance tropes too, like how it talks about it being a non-ecchi seinen in the ova, or that whole shoujo manga bit they were doing.

but again I see what you mean. I actually never thought about it that way.

although I do think "misunderstandings" like that are way more common in romance dramas compared to other genre's. and I think this show is making fun of the absurd tangled mess kinds of misunderstandings, which I don't think I have seen at all outside of romance anime. I'm curious to know if I'm wrong on that though.

anyways thanks for the explanation, hope you have a wonderful rest of your day :D

Well if we talk about that OVA, that definitely was a parody of romcom OVAs which are usually quite fanservice-heavy. That was very unusual for Kaguya-sama, so I agree there. I don't consider that "fuck already" thing really that prominent in other romcoms, but I can see why you would.

Tbh I see such misunderstandings mostly in harem anime and I don't consider Gamers to be a harem anime. But I also don't watch that romance anime in general, so I would hardly call myself an expert on that haha

Thanks for the nice convo, have a great day as well :3
Mar 5, 2023 7:08 PM
Oct 2021
Apolygon2 said:
kidEmperors said:

Love is War did it good though. With a great buildup to the eventual couple. Gamers is just, Amino accidentally asks out Tendo and she says yes, but we have a love pentagon to get to so we won’t spend much time on the romance. It can be a parody and still be a good romcom, because again, Love is War did that amazingly. This was just a romcom with not enough rom and some really good com

well, I agree. love is war is certainly a better show. if you look at my scores, you'll realize that I agree.

both of them are one of my favorites, but I do absolutely think love is war is the better one out of the 2. by a good distant at that.

but what I will say is that, comedy wise I thought this was slightly funnier.

and here's the thing, I do think this show is underrated. not because it's the greatest thing ever, but because by mal standards a 6.7 is way too low for a show as good as this. and for haruhi's sake, tokyo ghoul root A, hige hiro, and darling in the franxx are above 7. 

It is definitely underrated, it deserves better than a 6.7. But it isn’t great either
Mar 7, 2023 7:23 PM
Jun 2020
Apolygon2 said:
Cross_2D said:
I really don’t get the hate for this show. Sure it’s not the best, but I enjoyed the comedy between the main characters and had an overall good time watching it. The side characters were pretty awful though like the pink hair girl and her bf.
I'm not sure if it's because of how good their voice acting in the dub was or not, but I loved those guys.

the pink haired girl even added "bestest" to my word vocabulary.  

It’s probably the voice acting then honestly. They’re genuinely some of the most poorly designed and handled side characters I have seen in an anime… ever Lol.
Jul 5, 2023 9:18 AM

Aug 2020
This anime has one of the best characters I have ever seen. They are all amazingly written. The mean score is criminally wrong, but hey people will hate on everything for no reason.

Jul 5, 2023 9:21 AM

Jan 2020
I watched this show when I was 14 and I remember laughing.
Probably nowadays I won't react the same way, but since back when I was 14 I probably was part of the target audience of this show, I did find it enjoyable.
Jul 5, 2023 9:34 AM

Oct 2019
Kaoola said:
KitsuFrost said:
This anime has one of the best characters I have ever seen. They are all amazingly written. The mean score is criminally wrong, but hey people will hate on everything for no reason.

That's the weighted score, not the mean score and  6.76 does not mean people hated it . Just because you liked it and most people disagree with you does not mean you are right either, grow up.
do you really have to be this annoying?

the guy was just saying the score is too low for how good the quality is.

you are right, just because people disagree, it doesn't make him right, but it doesn't make him wrong either. 
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Jul 5, 2023 9:35 AM

Aug 2020
APolygons2 said:
Kaoola said:

That's the weighted score, not the mean score and  6.76 does not mean people hated it . Just because you liked it and most people disagree with you does not mean you are right either, grow up.
do you really have to be this annoying?

the guy was just saying the score is too low for how good the quality is.

you are right, just because people disagree, it doesn't make him right, but it doesn't make him wrong either. 

Thanks. Dude went full asshole-behaviour for no reason. Anon must have some grudge with this anime.

Jul 5, 2023 9:36 AM

Aug 2020
Kaoola said:
KitsuFrost said:

Btw grow some fucking balls and use your main account to answer people. Pathetic.

Dec 27, 2023 2:09 AM

Jul 2013
I'll never get why people take this show seriously at all. For crying out loud, the characters legit sat down and wrote an entire relationship chart while analysing every damn detail Death Note style for half an episode.

Also, a parody is an exaggerated imitation in order to mock the original idea. It doesn't have to be funny. Everyone agrees that OPM is a parody, and that doesn't stop Saitama from having kickass fights and badass moments in the show.
Apr 13, 8:14 PM

Aug 2014
IT was funny for me ;] and didn't feel like parody, it was kinda real as I look at my friends :D
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » [Poll] Gamers Romance

Lnlover - Aug 30, 2017

30 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:19 PM

» Misunderstandings

Shomix - Sep 29, 2017

13 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:18 PM

Poll: » [the usual] BEST GIRL POLL

GangsterCat - Sep 7, 2017

13 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:15 PM

Poll: » Gamers! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2017

320 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Gamers! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2017

179 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 6:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.