Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 16, 2023 8:24 AM

Jul 2011
Sure, Haida's father said too much, but still, there is some trues. And was kinda Haida's fault to stay under the family wing after his HS band incident.

I like Haida's mother even if is the basic "sweet lady with a horrible husband" trope.
Feb 16, 2023 9:41 AM

Apr 2022
Can we take a moment to mention what a cool character Jirou is? What a scumbag, I want a whole series about him.
Feb 17, 2023 9:39 AM

Aug 2020
I still have no idea who I'm rooting for. I'm proud of Retsuko for being able to keep her cool but man, Haida is really just feeling meh to me this season. He's trying but I can't help but like him a lot less compared to the previous seasons. 

Feb 18, 2023 1:19 PM

Dec 2011
I still can't believe Haida took the money only because Jiro told him to do it for his dad who not so long ago grossly offended Retsuko to her face and ruined the dinner for everyone. 

Haida really is an idiot without any dignity.
Feb 18, 2023 3:07 PM

Apr 2015
Not to be dramatic, but Haida should kill his entire family for the sake of himself and Japanese politics.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Feb 18, 2023 4:29 PM

Jun 2010
Haida is kind of a putz but at least he stood up for Retsuko when his father insulted her. In contrast, he just swallowed several insults against himself.

Kyoris said:
I still can't believe Haida took the money only because Jiro told him to do it for his dad who not so long ago grossly offended Retsuko to her face and ruined the dinner for everyone. 

I think he did it for Jiro, who told him he couldn't focus on the election (his own future) if Haida didn't take it. Haida is the older brother and should be looking out for his younger brother. That's not how things have been going since Haida is a "loser" but here was a chance for him to do something an older brother should. In fact, I think Jiro deliberately manipulated him like this; it may be signifigant that the last word of Jiro's lines before Haida took the money was "Aniki", which unfortunately the subtitles did not represent.
Feb 26, 2023 5:29 PM
Jun 2013
Jeez haidas dad sure is a dick. I know haida screwed up once in the past with a song but jeez dude. Thank god he had his mom at least. Those shots from haida to his dad felt pretty good and he told him to back off retsuko. At least we had some levity when retsuko asked about the girl in the picture. I guess haidas brother is more like his father. haida took the money to help his bro focus and he just laughed and admitted to manipluating him.
Feb 26, 2023 5:32 PM
Jun 2013
Fronzel said:
Haida is kind of a putz but at least he stood up for Retsuko when his father insulted her. In contrast, he just swallowed several insults against himself.

Kyoris said:

I think he did it for Jiro, who told him he couldn't focus on the election (his own future) if Haida didn't take it. Haida is the older brother and should be looking out for his younger brother. That's not how things have been going since Haida is a "loser" but here was a chance for him to do something an older brother should. In fact, I think Jiro deliberately manipulated him like this; it may be signifigant that the last word of Jiro's lines before Haida took the money was "Aniki", which unfortunately the subtitles did not represent.
Thats how I took it as well. His bro was begging him to take the money since it would help him after haida refused a bunch of times. So to be a bro he took the money only for jrio to reveal it was all a trick and he manipulated him.
Mar 2, 2023 6:10 PM

Nov 2016
When you understand why Haida's character were made that way... and starts screaming at the monitor "throw the money away, use the money to make a big show or something, just something big to make your bro eat his words!" anyway, a nice episode!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"I’m feeling sentimental
Without you, my room is empty
I’m feeling sentimental
Feels like yesterday you were laying
Only a few centimeters away from me"
Mar 3, 2023 6:52 AM

Jan 2021
souledge94 said:
Fronzel said:

Thats how I took it as well. His bro was begging him to take the money since it would help him after haida refused a bunch of times. So to be a bro he took the money only for jrio to reveal it was all a trick and he manipulated him.

For real! I don't see how Haida is wrong in this. His brother is a massive asshole.
Mar 7, 2023 2:04 PM

Dec 2020
haidas entire family is ass. his mom is sweet though :(

i feel so bad for him like. jiro is god awful, i hate him but i love his character..
Mar 23, 2023 11:20 AM
May 2020
I honestly thought Haida's family was in the mafia at first.  
Political family actually makes more sense.
Oct 13, 2023 7:23 PM

Mar 2019
Haida arguing with her father.

me:

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aggressive Retsuko (ONA) 5th Season Episode 10 Discussion

BlichoBoy - Feb 16, 2023

33 by KeepCalmAndMal »»
Apr 27, 11:42 PM

Poll: » Aggressive Retsuko (ONA) 5th Season Episode 1 Discussion

shuffleair - Feb 16, 2023

14 by Titadou »»
Mar 30, 9:27 AM

Poll: » Aggressive Retsuko (ONA) 5th Season Episode 8 Discussion

kodeti - Feb 16, 2023

9 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 13, 2023 8:00 PM

Poll: » Aggressive Retsuko (ONA) 5th Season Episode 5 Discussion

shuffleair - Feb 17, 2023

6 by bucciest »»
Sep 25, 2023 11:39 AM

» Fifth and FINAL Season

shaadow82 - Sep 25, 2022

25 by pmso »»
Jun 10, 2023 7:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.